Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Finding resolve

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 2:52 am

Finding resolve DecernoFin

The two year old didn't remember how his feet brought him to these lonely lands, although the appearance of the terrain seemed to match his mood. Lonely. It was a year ago that he left the pack that adopted him. He'd encountered some interesting weather as he walked some time ago, but long, strong legs kept him on his feet. Now the weather was quiet and he was able to enjoy the scenery a bit more. The cinnamon pelted wolf wasn't tired of walking yet, but he found one tree that branched out enough to provide good shade, and he was not going to pass up on this chance. Who knew when another nice resting sport could come up again?

There were packs all around, he knew, although he didn't know anything about them. This sort of life was fine with him. Being alone with no one to talk to. It gave him time to think over his life, and any possible future. His current problem was ironic. His name bears the meaning of resolve, but he had no resolve. Some time ago, he'd come to the conclusion there wouldn't be any possibility of finding his resolve until he left his life of seclusion. Laying down to rest of his upon his front legs, he stared at whatever was in front of him, thinking over his past once again, this time wondering if he'll ever see his siblings again. Probably not, but there was always a chance. Blinking, he tried not to think of his family, instead focusing on what he should do and where to go...

((Pure/neutral, but may be approach by any))
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

Number of posts : 328
Pawprints : 573
Registration date : 2011-02-04

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:33 pm

OOC: Curious: is Decerno still here?
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:45 pm

OOC: Yes. You may call dibs, bear.
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:23 am

The night black wolf was difficult to spot on the dark horizon, and only the galloping strides that hit the yellow sands seperated him from the desolate landscape. Three other grey wolves pursued him from far away. More distance had begun to make up the gap between the black wolf and the grey wolves. After around ten miles of chasing in the middle of nowhere, some distance between them had finally come about.

Telephantasm, as the black wolf was named, was four years old (no one knew precisely how old he was, and nothing in his life had anything to show for it). There was a bounty on his head, and he didn't really care to know why. He only knew he couldn't go back to where he used to live, much like the other lands he had also been forced out of. The white dashes of fur around his grey eyes flinched with each rhytmic inhale of oxygen. Sand had ruined his vision, and the pink tongue that stuck out of his maw every now and then was dry. Yet his will was stronger than the efforts of the three behind him. They were over 200 meters behind Telephantasm, then 300 meters, then 400 meters. Eventually, as it seemed they were officially gone, he padded to a slowing speed. He kept moving, but he looked back every few steps, making sure his life was no longer at stake for now. Squinting ahead when he could, he noticed a single figure off to his right, unmoving. His trekking drifted towards it, and he realized the figure was a shady tree. On the side he was able to see, there was nothing under the welcoming greenish leaves of the arbor. His oxygen-deprived mind would let him arrive to the tree quickly without the slightest suspicion, as he flopped onto his side with exhaustion. Strangely, Telephantasm began to...laugh. Whether it was from fatigue, the subsiding adrenaline rush, or just his personality, his "near-death" experience made him laugh a lot. He failed to realize that there could be another wolf on the other side of this tree...

OOC: Have a simple picture for him, just not on my laptop. Technically, he is getting away from "evil-doers", but it's not as though they factor into anything.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 7:31 pm

He glanced up when a wolf got close. He hadn't seen the figure running in the distance, as he'd been lost in his thoughts. The dark pelted wolf plopped down on the opposite side of the tree he'd been resting near and started to laugh. Instead of backing away or getting up in anger, Decerno lazily lifted his head and said, "It's not a good first impression to laugh for seemingly no reason. Makes people believe you're a bit mad."

The wolf looked like he had been running for quite some distance for whatever reason. Stretching some of his limbs, he moved his gaze from the other wolf while waiting for an answer, if any would be given. Did this wolf wander this direction for a reason, or was it chance? Other wolves always expected things out of him, and if it turned out this wolf was lost, he wouldn't be able to help him.
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 2:44 pm

Finding resolve Teleph11

Telephantasm’s grey orbs bulged as he realized he was not alone, and he eventually stopped laughing. Light-heartedly, he spoke to the uncrisp air in front of him, not turning to look at the wolf or the tree standing behind him. “Don’t worry, I’m not mad. Just happy. I’m sure you would be, too, if you escaped dying by another’s fangs.” He paused for a moment. He probably should be more cautious about what he said and did around wolves in these desert lands. It was naïve to trust anyone out here, and it wouldn’t make things better if this other wolf knew he was being hunted for crimes he committed. But Tele was just used to being sociable, and though he couldn’t see it, the wolf behind him was like any other creature that lived here: a nobody; a loner; a goner. This wolf probably didn’t have anyone left that cared about him. “Name’s Telephantasm. It’s a mouthful, I know. Just call me Tele.” He finally swiveled around to see the lazily strewn wolf that was possibly a year younger than himself. His amber and grey appearance alone told Tele his tired and most likely restless. “Man, for lack of a better term, you look like crap.” His tail bounced against the ground a couple times, almost wagging. “You just out…here…by yourself?”
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 4:25 pm

Now there was no doubt the other hadn't noticed him. "Hmm... I have evaded death few times before, but I've not experienced anything close to wanting to laugh because of it." Liquid silver eyes stared at the wolf as he said, "Tele, eh? I'm Decerno, Deca if you're the lazy type." Giving out a short, bark-like laugh, he looked down at his appearance and said, "Perhaps I do look pretty bad. I've been wandering for some time without rest, although it appears you've done similar recently." There was sand clinging to his pelt, and walking for days with no rest except for some water and food every so often. With all this, his normally "lazy" expression just made him seem even more worse for the wear. Telephantasm probably thought he's older than he really was.

He considered Tele's last question. "There's not many other places for wolves like me. No goals, no dreams, no... resolve. Wolves who just live because there's nothing else. Death passes them over, and without resolve, few packs would be welcoming." Smirking, he added, "Of course, I'd have much different thoughts if I had anything important in life. Your name doesn't mean anything, does it? It's odd how parents name their children for big things, thinking they'll live up to their name, never considering what would happen if they couldn't." Decerno sat up a little, somewhat slouched in his posture.
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:51 pm

Tele fell silent, his ears the only thing moving on his body, seeing as though he had hit a hard spot in this wolf’s existence. But, he remained kind of upbeat, as a hopeless attempt to console the slouching nomad he had just met. “Nah, my name doesn’t mean anything. Heck, at least your sounds normal. At yours gives you a goal to reach, even if you do think it’s hopeless.” He thought about what Decerno had said about unacceptance in pack life. Tele shifted around the tree that still sat between them, moving closer now that he saw no immediate threat from this soul. “There has to be something out there that could do you well in a group. I’m pretty skilled as a hunter myself, but that usually comes full circle to get me in trouble somehow.” He wasn’t going to explain why he had to run from those other wolves to Decerno just yet. His family was gone, too. He didn’t let that anchor him to regretful emotions, as he thought. But he wasn’t always this content with the world.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:28 am

Tele had shifted from his spot, moving a bit closer. Decerno grinned and replied lightly, "My name doesn't sound that normal, but I guess it is a bit more so than yours." It was... comfortable having another wolf to talk to, even if this might only be for a short while. "Not sure if I have much to contribute to a group... I just know I can survive just fine in environments where food and resources are scarce, and I think more than most are comfortable with."

Realizing the last bit he said was broad and unclear, he stared straight ahead and added, "Sort of like things about life and death, right from wrong, reality. For example, I once was looking at a stream full of fish. They aren't aware of life on land, or even aware of the concept of land. Do they know the sensation of being wet if they don't know what it is to be dry? They're blissfully unaware of this world we wolves live in, and if we fish them out, they don't live long enough to try to comprehend what happened. Are we like that? We can see the world of the fish from above, but is there something watching us like that? Some other world we aren't aware of...?" His voice trailed off as he realized he'd been talking for a while. Decerno glanced at Tele, eyes clearing up their glassy appearance while he had been reaching into his mind. With most wolves, ideas like this weren't popular. They didn't like hearing about things they didn't know or had no control over. He didn't know if Tele would be one of those wolves, but it was probably best to get it out of the way now.
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:28 am

Tele was a little confused with what Decerno had to say, more so surprised that he had said it in the first place. Tele hadn’t gotten the initial impression that he was the talkative type; he now seemed like he only spoke that way for things he had really been thinking about. He couldn’t make a connection between what he had said and Decerno’s fish-out-of-water thing. Kicking the dirt underneath his paws and pondering over what Decerno had said, he spoke. “So you’re an extremophile and a philosopher. Interesting.” He chuckled. “I guess I kind of understand what you’re saying…kind of. And you don’t think that information is useful for anything?” It was kind of…strange listening to him talk, as though he had elder knowledge beyond his years. Tele was now more enticed for the things this other wolf had to say; it wasn’t often he talked to someone that had something intriguing to say. Then again, Tele was usually a pretty realistic thinker, and not consider anything besides the here-and-now.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:53 pm

"I guess those would be appropriate descriptions," Decerno said before his features shaped into a wry grin as he glanced up towards the sky, as if he could see something, "It's fine if you don't really understand it. You've done more than most of the rest by just trying to reflect on it. Things like this are... unpopular and mysterious- in the bad way, apparently. So, I doubt this would be useful in a pack or group." He was content fall back into a comfortable silence until Tele responded again. So far it seemed as if the other didn't mind his... quirks.

He wasn't trying to be pessimistic, just realistic. He was the type where others would think of him as lazing about and not wanting to do his share of the work. The opposite was more accurate, although Decerno wouldn't waste his time changing others' minds. He was fine with a misconception taking a small part in a group's reluctance or refusal to let him stay for long.
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:15 pm

OOC: Apologies for the wait time on the post. Kind of lost my momentum after the site ate TWO consecutive posts for this topic, so here’s another try.

Tele’s auds remained attentive to what Decerno was saying, seeing as he actually cared. From Tele’s perspective, his life sounded like it sucked. As the other wolf looked towards the grey darkness above, he glanced up, too. As the land had fallen under night, the miniscule white flares had speckled across the deep abyss-like canvas above them, sucking in his attention. The natural, simple appeal to it grabbed his focus more than expected; the mere moment he had filled his crystal pale orbs with the untelling blackness in the sky had felt indescribably long. Blinking hard and looking back in front of him, he had thought of something to say. “You know, considering the situations, you and I have a lot more in common than I would have thought. We’re outcasts, unwelcome to average societies, and we both ended up here...I guess not all things can turn out the way you hoped.” Maybe Decerno didn’t really want to be compared to a wolf like him, but he still thought it meant something. He figured the other wolf looked at him as an imbecile. Telephantasm wished he could confidently say he was only an imbecile. Truthfully, he had bounced between pack after pack across these lands, more concerned about his own wants. He was wanted for countless raw acts. Theft. Rape. Murder. He could convince himself that at least half of the things he had wronged in this world were not his fault; that his mistakes were for self-preservation. But, deep in his mind, he knew that made absolutely no sense. He scavenged other wolves’ lives for his own benefit. He did not intend to turn a “new leaf”, but he was beginning to notice the bad effects from his actions. And as he looked at this other wolf, he hoped he would not care about Tele’s past, whether it became obvious or not.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:22 am

((I hate it when that happens, let alone twice))

He glanced back groundward and just looked at Tele silently, realizing he was probably starting to make the other nervous with his stare, but it couldn't be helped. Decerno was thinking, reflecting about the wolf before him and his words. He wasn't able to look into the soul of another wolf just by staring at their eyes and reading them, but he knew which wolves to steer clear from. His life probably hadn't survived this long for it to fall from befriending the wrong wolf. It was best to make the decision before it was too late to easily walk away.

Finally, after what seemed like hours, although in reality was only a few seconds, Decerno blinked, his gaze sharpening back into focus. "We may be outcasts, true, but who's to say our paths crossed by pure coincidence or not? There are stories of even outcasts who rose above their oppression, turning into the closest thing there is to what others would call a hero, but also of wolves who cracked, becoming mad and heartless. Maybe unoccupied lands like these present opportunities to make decisions, and life continues as we choose our paths. From those choices, we are lead or driven towards our goals and thrive, or away from them and we plummet away from the sun, losing that last gleam of hope and turning into what we wouldn't want, whether we're aware of it or not."

With something a bit closer to a true smile, he said, "That's something I've been thinking about recently. If you don't mind, I'd like to make one of my choices by sticking around with you for a while. Having even an acquaintance, if not a friend, makes life a bit easier to deal with and help me think in a new perspective and figure out what I should be doing."
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:09 pm

Tele flinched in his surprise to hear Decerno wished to stick around with him. He guessed he didn’t quite come off as “different” as usual. Then again, he hadn’t said much yet, either. After all, his moral mindset belonged in the fiery depths of Odin’s Hell. But his actions in this life that had danced above these flames kept him warm; they kept him excited and even happy. As long as the fire did not burn him, he had not seen reason to leave the heat. Yet with age came at least the slightest enlightenment of common sense: he realized he didn’t want to live as a vagrant forever, and someone at his side might help in fulfilling a better way of life. Decerno’s words almost made him question his whole life. Maybe his fate never laid in pain or sorrow or anger, but something more light-hearted. He finally retrieved his mind from his gutter of thoughts to respond. “That’s nice to know. An army of two is better than an army of one. Not that I think we’ll be in any conflict with other wolves, but I can watch your back and you can watch mine. Hunting will be easier; navigating will be easier; everything should be easier.” Tele spoke in a way that a child might. He was content to have the closest thing to a friend by his side. He thought about where they would travel, what they would do…for once hoping that whatever came next would not end with a resume to a loner life.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Seeing the faint flinch, Decerno thought for a moment Telephantasm might lean towards refusal, but his words a short few seconds later spoke otherwise. Nodding in agreement, he said, "Here's to a point two roads meet to forge forward into the unknown, then. So, did you have any plans before you happened upon here?" He hadn't a destination or path in mind, having been aimlessly walking. It wasn't a bad thing, since something good came out of it. They'd make an interesting duo, he started to reflect. Although different from the norms, from what he observed so far, they still varied from one another. Despite this, he wouldn't regret his decision. Didn't wolves with varying traits cover for the other and thus, make a compatible team? He wasn't bothered by the fact he didn't know much about Tele. If he wanted to go north and another road met his from the same direction, it was counter-productive to turn around to see what was down that path. His features seemed more relaxed and a slightly more alert than earlier. It was interesting the effects that having company can do.
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 1:42 am

OOC: It's been a while (and my laptop ate another post D-:<)

Tele listened to Decerno's question, and he smiled as he attempted to give an honest answer, considering his lifestyle had little direction to begin with. "Nah, I wish there was a place that I already had planned to go to. At this point I feel like I'm restricted from staying in many areas in these lands. I'll go where you go." His mind ticked behind the smile he presented. Where could they go? Decerno was a philosopher of morals, himself a thief of life. They were not the most desirable wolves to welcome into a pack. They could be an interesting combination simply based on their differences, and it seemed fitting that way.

For the first time since he had stopped evading the three grey wolves, Tele started to feel the small tendrils of tiredness begin to pull on him. The weight of his body and mind felt heavier then before. He certainly needed a littled rest. But in the back of his mind, Tele was still weary to think if this was the safest location to be at night. "Should we start moving, or stay here for the night?"
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:50 pm

"Seems like we'll have to figure out our direction, then, for I had no particular path, either. I had been lingering here some time to decide what to do, but seeing your earlier entrance... it seems like either you enjoy travelling about until you almost collapse, or you want to put some distance from where you came from. I haven't seen any good dens nearby, but there's usually more cover closer to the borders of some packs," he responded, a light joke in his words. Decerno knew that most of the clans lived close to the inner parts of the lone lands, where they survived by a larger oasis, and possibly caves. Although tempting to find, it'd probably be wiser to veer away and stick with the less populated fringes of the lone lands where the sand gradually turns to dirt and more life spring up. Most of the pack borders were well away from the transition point to avoid damage from the nastier storms.

"Otherwise, we should be safe enough here. I'm a light sleeper, so if a killer rampaging boar comes along, I'd be able to give you plenty of warning... unless you're a heavy sleeper. Then I'd just have to bravely fight it off while you remain unaware and won't believe my story come morning. Unless you really want to leave, we'll be fine out here. I'd wake up to a traveler, and there weren't any clans in these parts last time I looked."
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 12:48 pm

Tele’s pale orbs looked at Decerno as he spoke, unsurprised that he did not have much of a preexisting plan of travel, either. The wolf looked like the harsh desert lands had weathered his body for some time, as though the sands had grown accustomed to his form and tried to take over his pelt. A thick rock laid next to one of Tele’s forepaws. As Decerno analyzed the safety of their location, he rolled it under his paw between his pads, seemingly losing interest with what was being said. “Right, boars. They’re a real nuisance…” he mumbled between sentences. When the wolf opposite him finished, he batted his distraction away and looked back up. “Well, I guess it’s settled than. Stay here, avoid danger, look for borders later. Good SitRep.” He chuckled after his words like a hyena, not because he thought something was funny, but for no particular reason other than impulse. He turned quickly, causing his black tail to float up as it tried to catch the rest of his body. He walked away from the overhanging tree as he spoke over his shoulder. “I’ll make myself at home.”

Moving to the fringes of tree branches on the other side of the arbor, his form was now partly blocked from view. He stopped, looking up to the dark abyss of the sky, trying to judge how far the shade of the tree would stretch in the hot hours of the morning. He shifted his body back and forth as he continued to think, until he was finally content with a spot. Then he focused his weight on his pillars and began to dig through sand, beginning to make an oblong oval. He had learned to conceal his body from the elements like this at a young age from roaming so much and watching the actions of others. He figured powdered snow was similar enough in mass to wisped desert sands as to make the same sort of sleeping space in both situations. His brow was lowered as he dug harder and deeper. He acted with thoughts swirling in his head. He tried to convince himself of every reason why he should trust the wolf on the other side of this tree. He wanted to think he could sleep soundly later tonight. But he knew many who were subject to unexpected change in the dead of night. Like himself, for example.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:18 am

He almost wanted to laugh. Almost. It was habit that would cause him to laugh when another did- for the sake of fitting in just a little while longer. This time around, he merely nodded in response and watched Tele move away from the tree, but not too far. The other started to dig, no doubt to create a guard from the wind and sand that may blow with it. Decerno should probably be more cautious, but he couldn't find it in himself to care.

He looked up at the dark sky above. Normally he'd move while it was dark and the weather cool, but he'd spent too long awake this time, and Tele seemed even more tired than he was. They could fix this sleep pattern come morning. Travel some distance before it got too warm and then rest the remainder of the day before continuing at night. Satisfied with this idea, he shifted his body weight forward while digging his snout into the sand.

Apparently too lazy to dig, he just burrowed some distance, then forced the top half of his head above the sand's surface. He toyed with the amused thought that his companion would really think him a sand wolf. The rest of his body was under the sand, covered and protected unless a really strong wind or storm came and uncovered the sand. Confident he'd wake up if anything happened, he closed his eyes and his body started to relax. If Tele was finished with conversation, Decerno would fall asleep within the next minute until either his sleep was disturbed by night movement and noise, or the rays of the early morning sun roused him.
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 6:18 pm

Tele could hear the pawfuls of sand being kicked up by Decerno without needing to turn his auds, as granules were swept off of the desert into a miniature blunderbuss before gravity brought them back and hid them among their kin not too far from where he sat. He seemed to be improvising the same kind of sleeping space. When the showers seemed to stop, Tele was surrounded by the peace of silence, yet kept on edge by his own thoughts. Decerno hadn’t made much noise in some time, but it didn’t matter whether he was asleep or awake: the deadly quietness in the Lone Lands only allowed for further scared speculation in Tele’s mind. Though submersed in his crude oval sand pit, he laid like a Sphinx with his dark crown erect and alert above the edges. His pale orbs attempted to illuminate all of the grounds and obstacles around him: every divot and dune with the occasional weathered shrub and rock structure, all of them drenched in thick coats of anthracite. His pupils moved ever so slowly and with precision over everything under the moonlight. He was scouting; he sensed his pursuers were not finished with him.

What if they come back?...They can’t, not after the trouble I gave them tonight. I’m as good as dead in a vast labyrinth like this. So simple, yet so perilous…Maybe we should have kept moving, for good measure. At least I’m not alone; maybe they’ll be wary to ambush if I have backup, even if he doesn’t realize he’s backup…Or we could be killed together…

Tele figured he may never be able to escape the mistakes of his past, forever outrunning a persistent conviction. He tried to not allow the weariness smear across his mind and envelope the canvas of his psyche. He usually succeeded…usually. Time only slowed as his gaze remained ever-focused, trying to spot something different among the landscape. Fatigue had been at his entrance since two sun rises ago, and it wouldn’t leave yet. He began to feel more comfortable overtime. Before he knew it, dawn was no more than an hour away from creeping over the furthest dune, turning it from pale to gold and finally a burnt jasmine in between. He held off in the fading night until his eyelids blacked him out.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 11:39 pm

He awoke just before the sun peaked overhead. There'd been no noise all night, and wasn't aware that Tele had fallen asleep almost an hour ago. It was odd, awaking before the sun's rays hit his eye, even if it was only by a few minutes. Something had woken him up. Looking up, he saw a bird flying in the distance. He didn't remember hearing a screech. Perhaps it was just because it'd been long since he'd last slept near the presence of another wolf and he wasn't used to it.

Decerno pushed his front legs upward to slowly but quietly extract his body out of the sand. He didn't know about the other's sleeping habits, and refrained from making noise or moving close to see if he was awake. Instead, he sat up, not bothering to shake the sand of his pelt, and observed the horizon, keeping an eye on things... just in case.
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 12:35 am

The small pocket of night that Tele tried to devote to rest turned out to be a gauntlet of brainwaves hooked onto his histories. It was always a magnified challenge to protect himself from the world at night; the same went for the dead memories that chased him every so often (or perhaps all the time, and he had simply never come to realize it). His black form twitched in the pit of sand with each fleeting haunt, making for a queer shift in light reflections cast on his coat from the newly refreshed Sun.

He remembered the last place he had called home: an arctic emptiness as equally forsaken as where he lay now, but he longed for the icesheets and snow that brought the caress of coldness, whose radiated paleness could remain blindingly bright in the deepest midnight even without the beams of the moon. He thought about the must among the group he had been with, a scent that now brought an unforgiving tinge to his nairs. He thought about his lust. Thought about Clover, and those unforgettably iridescent green lanterns. Thought about how she called him a filthy cur, and how he thought that was a dainty little insult. Thought about how that felt so long ago, and now her lineage fantasized and savored over nothing more than the thought of making him die slowly for the unspeakable things he had done to her. He thought about how he didn’t care, as long as she didn’t seem to be in heat, but he presumed now that ever since then she was recluse, reduced to nothing in the face of going on with life; she felt so young and helpless before, and even more so after. This was nothing new to him. But for once, it was if he reacted with…sorrow to his actions. Maybe back then, back before the complications in a part of his mind that was still to be further explored today, he had loved her; he had always loved her. In hindsight, it seemed sick and twisted, but before any of that…

The morning sun not only surprised his light orbs, which tried to return back under his still heavy lids like small creatures trying to scuttle back under their rocks, but the sun’s rays also began to heat the granules of sand that surrounded him. He arched his back and lifted the top half of his body off of his side, having collapsed from his Sphinx position upon closing his eyes. The rest of his form soon followed suit, rising from his hole, always happy in some way to be alive. The sand retreated from his pelt quickly enough without much need of a shaking, repulsed by the body of a cold-dweller. He soon noticed Decerno was awake, watching the horizon. “Guess I should expect less from these lands,” he said to no one in particular. “Like no defenseless animals begging to be eaten for breakfast when I wake up.” He was giving up trying to defend himself from an ambush for now.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 10:28 am

Decerno blinked at the sound of Tele's voice and tilted his head to look at the other from the corner of his eye. An amused noise made itself known before he replied, "Oh, there is food around. It's only a matter of making sure we're near a water source before we think about eating, although with this tree, I'd have to guess one is somewhere nearby. There plenty of little snacks about, if you can get use to scales. If we want to get moving, we should before it gets too warm. We can look for water while we go. Breakfast can be found anywhere."

He stood up, some of the sand dropping from his coat, but the majority stubbornly clung on. Not the he really cared, since most of it would drop off as he walked. "So. Ready to go? I'm not sure why I woke up early, and I'm actually looking forward to leaving." He tried to pass off the concern by sighing dramatically at his last statement, as if it were a big pain to get up and move. He wasn't really that lazy, but he frequently exaggerated the fact that he was to keep some things constant and for changing a subject or making one feel better.

Stretching, he glanced at the horizon one more time before shrugging his thoughts off. They were both awake now, and there was no point in worrying now that he didn't have to guard them both.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Finding resolve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding resolve   Finding resolve Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finding resolve
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fire & Ice Wolf Packs :: Archives :: Lone/WasteLand Archive-
Jump to: