Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Turning of the Season

Go down 
+2
TawnyMalarkey
akkanatrum
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Silent
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Turning of the Season - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 5:40 pm

Link's ears flicked back to listen to Cinder's soft words. Of course she would refuse his offer to share, she was a very humble wolfess and it was endearing to him. As he was stripping the hair her soft words poured into his auds once more and he could hear the hesitance. I caught it for you... Those words made his heart beat all the faster but he wouldn't let it fluster him. Looking at her his tail begin to wag and he grinned. "Nonsense, I've got a store of deer meat that I was planning on getting to after this, beside I can't gobble this down alone while you watch me. I'd be mortified." At the last he winked and gently tore off and threw a small portion of the animal to her. Small enough to appease his maleness that she was eating but not enough to make her think that he was not pleased with the meal. 

Despite his joking words moments before, gobbling the meal is exactly what he did.  It truly was delicious and he really was hungry.  When he was finished he let loose a great yawn and plopped on his hind legs. He was intensely aware of the petite fems presence and found himself struggling for conversation. If only for a moment when a giant owl swooped low overhead and he instinctively ducked. Ears flattened to his skull he harrumphed his displeasure. "Damn birds, always have to bother us after a meal even if they don't want it." The canopy here was thick enough that it was dark despite the bright sun of midday. Turning his attention back to Cinder again he grinned. "Any interesting news from the pack from the two sun shifts since i've been gone" He had not been out patrolling very long this morning but it was not entirely necessary on most days to be out long at all. Besides there were plenty that were around to help.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 1:21 pm

Cinder watched as Link pullled the hair on the rabbit and bared the creatures still warm flesh to the air. The grin that crossed his maw made her tail swish involuntarily at the sight. His humor tickled her and a grin blossomed shyly upon her own maw at his wink. "Thank you.." Her words were soft and she felt fluttery that he would share with her.  

She ate daintily but it pleased her greatly that Link 'wolfed' his meal. She knew the miles he put under his paws in order to make sure their lands were overlooked.  The owl was a sudden surprise and as the owl swooped she flinched and her ears pinned against her skull. They always intimidated her because her of her smaller size.  Link then asked of the pack and she was only glad for a subject she could talk about. 

"The pack is well. Last I heard the pups have started hunting. It's hard to believe they are already doing that. The little ones certainly do grow fast...." She blushed suddenly as thoughts of pups flitted through her mind. "Um..." She shifted. "Everyone is healthy. Jewel is herb hunting all the time so those stocks should be full soon for winter." Cinder shifted again. She really enjoyed Jewel but there was a tiny piece of her that was jealous of the white wolfess, even with the bi colored eyes she was a beautiful fea and she was tall and strong and lovely. Clearing her throat she added. "A hunt was being talked about too. Fresh meat for the cache..." 
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Pawprints : 1938

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 1:55 pm

His ears flicked attentively while she spoke hyper of aware of the petite fem's presence.  All the while his eyes flicked to the canopy trying to spy any birds who thought they wanted to be funny. As she went over the pack's happenings he nodded his head agreeably. Nothing really new then. Not that Link had much to complain about, he knew what sort of life he could have led apart from this one and he didn't want anything to do with it.

He did perk up at the thought of a hunt, obviously not because he was hungry anymore. They had a pretty successful streak these past few moon turns and he hoped that their string of good luck could keep up. As far as their cache went. he felt good about the upcoming season. "I guess we better be getting back then. Besides I do miss the pups." He smiled genially. Pups were the heart of the pack, treasures that everyone would die to protect. 

Standing he took the few steps towards Cinder and gave her a quick nuzzle on the side of her neck. "Thanks again for the meal." Then he stepped back and he felt as if he was grinning like a fool but couldn't help it. A small yip to beckon her to follow he turned and waited for her at his side. At his side...He felt a wave of pleasure at the thought and couldn't quite keep it from spreading all the way to the tip of his tail. 

"I'm sure Balthier will be looking forward to having us both back, I want to check in with Zelda too." He thought happily of his sister whom he had settled into this pack almost effortlessly. 
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:25 am

Cinder gave a shy smile at his comment of the pups. It was sweet to hear how Link spoke of the youngest members of the pack. They were their future but sometimes bravado kept other males from showing their gentler nature. Her tail swept slowly back and forth in agreement and she nodded. "A couple more sets of eyes and teeth will go a long way I am sure." She said and then Link soon loomed closer popping the imaginary bubble that surrounded her. She stiffened slightly as he gave her a quick nuzzle but her body ignored her nerves and leaned into it just ever so slightly.  

She felt like she had lost all motor function for a few precious seconds. He called her to follow and then ...waited? Her heart was thudding in her chest when she came to his side. "You are welcome Link." She managed without squeaking or sounded a fool by the grace of Fenris somehow!  She felt as if her nose was on fire and glowing pink to boot. 

He spoke of Balthier and Zelda, his sister, and she nodded quietly. Hyper aware of every footfall he made. She wished she could be like other fems in the fact that they seemed to ooze confidence. Even members of their own pack. Zelda certainly did and though Jewel was quiet and sometimes withdrawn her presence was always felt. Her ear cantered with the thought of her small self and doubt settled in her chest. She really liked Link but surely he was only being nice for the gesture...even those beautiful smiles. He was so respectful and thoughtful and wonderful...she was quiet even as her footfalls pulled her ever so closer to walking beside Link. No ..not touching that would be much too forward but one could almost feel the air between them. 

She cleared her throat trying to shake her doubt and tilted her head slightly at Link. Awkward silence was beginning to settle in and she was scrambling to fill it with something. "So...do you think we are in for a lot of snow this winter?" Cinder you mousebrain. What kind of conversation is that...winter was  a ways off yet. 
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 6:16 pm

Link's ears in appreciation of the femmora's tone and words. There was little of this that he didn't already know, but what else is there to talk of but pack? He felt a tightness in his chest thinking about the bond of their family. As long as they worked together they could overcome anything. He would not allow anyone to hurt his family. Nor Cinder. His blue eyes flicked at her just then in that thought. The intensity of his thoughts were probably reflected in his eyes but Cinder appeared not to notice. He liked this fem and wondered where such a thing would take him. If she would have him.

Link shook his coat and his more intense thoughts off. Having the feeling of a fully belly was satisfying and he had no mind to go on a hunt at the moment. "There is always a hunt to be talked about." He said somewhat smugly. "Have you any plans at the moment? We can walk back to the pack together?" He voice was calm but in his body he felt a tightness in his joints, eager for the answer.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 12:37 pm

Cinder nodded to Link's words. It was true a hunt was always waiting for wolves. She gave a half grin and looked off in the distance and inhaled a deep breath about to excuse herself so he could get back to his duties. She didn't want to be a bother. Link's next words though surprised her and her ears flickered forward to make sure she caught the sound right. 

"Plans?" she repeated. "No.." Her words were soft. "I was going to head back to the pack myself and see where I may be useful." Her silver eyes chanced a look at his face and her tail swished slightly back and forth in welcome. "I would enjoy walking back to the pack with you Link." She admitted bashfully and her nose tipped down to her shoulder. "I am sure your sister and the rest of the pack will be glad to see you too and hear that nothing eventful happened on the borders."

Nothing eventful for them anyway. For Cinder she would never forget the kindness and that smile upon Link's face this day. 
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 6:09 pm

Link's whole countenance lit up noticeably when she agreed. Tail wagging, he bent and stretched a long and lean body forward before coming back up to a nice shake of his coat. Licking his lips he smiled eagerly. "Well then, let's be off. It was a fine meal m'dear now let us  have a good run through the trees!" Link suddenly burst forward and nipped Cinder in the rump and dashed instantly away in the forest.  His racing heart had nothing to do with his racing legs...

He wasn't running to quickly but enough to add some good chase to the game. Besides there were many trees that needed to be avoided and many more obstacles on the forest floor. This pack maintained much of an open area but it was scattered with woods all the same as well. Glancing back he sought to get a lock on the tiny femmora knowing she did not lack for speed. 
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 2:04 pm

She was surprised at Link's sudden nip as he dashed away through the trees. She lurched forward tail tucked for a moment and then realized it was a tease. She blushed hotly but was hot on heels afterward. Her heart thundered along with her heels and she zipped through the undergrowth. Cinder was quick. She had learned to be over the years and most couldn't outsprint her in the short run. She felt a giddy playfulness overcome her and she soon drew alongside Link and bumped into him hard enough just to throw his gate off a little if she could. 

"Not fast enough Link!" she found herself taunting ....or was it flirty. OH MY CINDER!

She pinned her ears and snaked out lengthening her stride. She was able to navigate the undergrowth well and it aided her lead. She could fit a lot of places where a full grown wolf could not. Her cheeks burned as she ran and her chest fluttered with a rumble of a thousand caribou. 

Never did she dream she would be...playing with the wolf of her dreams. 
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 9:23 pm

His head still turned to see where she would be and just then he was bombarded on the opposite side. He stumbled, having been knocked off balance and surprised.  She had zoomed right by him like a lightning bolt. Link's low laugh rumbled over the wind. Not to be deterred easily, he was back on stride half a heart beat later. Eyes on the petite and lithe femorra that danced away from him into the forest.  He would have to stay hot on her trail. in order to -THORNS!- He banked sharply to the left losing  his momentum and allowing Cinder a greater lead.

Even so Link's body was burning with delight at this game with her.  He rather enjoyed her company..but there was no time to think because Link was on the trail again and he was no slowpoke himself-despite his missteps he was not far behind. Her excited scent wafted on the wind and he felt his primal instincts kicking in..Chase, Hunt, Catch.. Just wait to we get to the open field..there my stride will match yours on an open plain...

He ducked under another branch as he propelled himself forward to vault over a dip filled with loose rocks.  The foliage was getting lighter here and next thing he knew he was bursting out into the open-the wide open meadow teeming with noises of a thousand insects. He immediately began running adjacent to the tree line not sure if Cinder had already emerged, ready to run her down as soon as he located...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turning of the Season
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2