Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Taste of Ash | The Land of Want

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938
Registration date : 2009-01-11

The Taste of Ash | The Land of Want  Empty
PostSubject: The Taste of Ash | The Land of Want    The Taste of Ash | The Land of Want  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 9:20 pm

The Taste of Ash | The Land of Want  Akiko11
Akiko rather liked this strip of land she was currently trotting along. It was the in between of the real wasteland and the 'thriving' lands. Life here was not quite gone but it was not quite there either. She liked they way the land seemed ever flat her but was riddled with nooks in reality.  Yes, she liked all that and yet she didn't like the reason she was out here. Didn't like that her life again was torn from her like a wildfire in the forest. She was too young to feel the years this strongly. The burden of her role to play in this world tried her, tried her sorely if we're behind honest. 

There were challenges and challengers she would need to face in the near future but she could be thankful that at least it was not today. Slowing her pace she slid into a stretch, squeezing her eyes shut and enjoying the feeling. Leaning back she took a moment to look around. Rock that was covered in sparsely clinging greens and low vegetation stretched for miles.  There was a sort of dampness about this place that was odd considering the intensity of the desert not far from here. 

Down between the rocks were shallow havens against the pressing sunlight. Their angled walls cast shadows in the spaces between. Here is where Akiko tucked her body, the overhang concealing her completely from one side. It did mean she could not see that side either but she would have the advantage at least.  

Her mind as always drifted back to a dark place. A place where she felt the hooks sinking in to her flesh. Tugging on her spirit and never letting her escape. In those moments she could feel the madness that touched her...no not just her, all of her siblings.  Felt that place where she would walk through hell and laugh all the way. She rubbed her face against her foreleg trying to dispel her mind. Inevitably though she was unable to shake it and so she drifted in that place, waiting. 
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: The Taste of Ash | The Land of Want    The Taste of Ash | The Land of Want  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 10:57 pm

The Taste of Ash | The Land of Want  Akiko11
Akiko noticed sometime later the sun was setting on the distant desert horizon. She actively pulled herself back in from her gloomy trance. When she realized just how much time had passed she frowned displeased with herself. I shouldn't let myself get distracted like this. She angrily groused , eyeing the sunset with disdain. She was on no one's time table but her own but even still it annoyed her. She was too caught up in things of the past. It was time to let her memories go and face her future. There were things linked to this land, things that stirred her in ways she could not describe. Many moons she and her clan had traveled but her on this soil she felt her calling. Unfortunately so didn't her sister and Despair..well who knew what that brute desired for true.  Whatever it was, that was beyond her now. She had set her course away and she would see to it.

The small white femmora danced through the crags in the rock wall with practiced ease. She would be lying if she said she wasn't surprised to catch a whiff of wolf on the air. Most unexpectedly stood a bru not to far off from where she was. It didn't appear obvious at first if he noticed her.  She had frozen as soon as she came into view and she was not a large target to start. 

-J.a.c.k S.p.a.r.r.o.w -
The Taste of Ash | The Land of Want  Swallo10
He had come here for the express purpose of speaking with Akiko. He could smell her residual scent on this land. He knew this is where she called home. Jack was not grizzled and weary as he might yet be. Instead his thick black fur shone with his youth- only belied by the scars on his muzzle. His ears silvered at the tips and he had a hard shine in his eye. He was on a mission and he knew just the fem he needed. 

Jumping onto another set of mossy rocks, he saw the foliage deepen as it finally gone on to being a true wood. He knew the there were wolves here but nothing so strong that it would be a bother to him. 

He threw his head back and was prepared to howl, sucking in a deep breath he prepared to loose ' ARRRoooooahhh !!  he coughed obnoxiously as a snarl erupted close by his ear. A tiny form snapping at him. 

"Be silent you unnatural sea wolf." She snarled at him with venom that had no true heat. She watched with amusement she did not betray as the bru stumbled, trying to recover from his garbled howl. "That's rather an embarrassing look Jack. Nothing becoming for a wolf of your upcoming repute. " His face became serious when he frowned at her and snarled.  Akiko snarled right back, her blue eyes flashing  dangerously.

Jack's snarl was short lived as the she wolf lurched forward, he slid into a side eye still frowning but dropping the display of teeth. Akiko's snarl was no less intimidating to him when he first met her. A tiny wench not to be trifled with for sure. "Come darling, you merely startled me. Is this any way to treat you old friend eh?" Suddenly he grinned, his tongue lolling out. Akiko has since stopped snarling but she eyed him dubiously as he expected her to after his unannounced drop in. 

She eyed him seriously not for a moment forgetting the oddity of his presence here. "Interesting that you're here. Care to share why?"
she said in a flat tone. She like Jack, she actually did but she wasn't about to let the bru know how much. 

"Why love, I know you  enjoy a good game better than most" He teased not unkindly. "Perhaps I was in the neighborhood and wanted to drop in on a old friend. " His brows rose up and down comically emphasizing the untruth. "But I would never insult you love. You know I'm here with much better motive." His brow waggled again, while still comical - was more enticing now. He could almost see her physical refrain from rolling her eyes but her posture had relaxed.

After a minute of Jack's roundabout talking Akiko felt already like she never left the drakes presence.  She was teleported back to the soft sands where she hd first met him. The sound the birds unusual calls ringing over the waters. For jack to leave the sea meant he really  had something he needed. 
"Enough Jack, spit it out before I fall asleep."

"There's the icy wench I've come to know. Well I think you'll be liking this one. Do you remember our friends from our little adventure over the mountains?" He could tell that there was no mistake in Akiko's eyes she knew what he was speaking about. I mean how could anyone forget? The strange fire that swirled, the strange sparks in the air and the way the air had filled with acrid nose burning smells. 

"I just thought you'd like to know I've discovered where they den. " He became more serious then, the air charged waiting for her reaction. She didn't disappoint him by showing any emotion. Like he said Icy wench. He could see her brain working through the information through her eyes. They weren't so focused on him anymore and instead a little distant in memory. 

"Like me you have not forgotten that night Akiko. You know we can not just let it rest. " 

She snarled then, annoyed at being goaded into a response. "What makes you think I will leave what I have started here?  To run on some wild chase for a night of fever dreams and ghosts." 

"Don't ye deny lass what it was- I know you feel the truth of it in your soul. And besides I know you dream as you know I dream. And there are others coming. " 

Her eyes narrowed and her ears pinned at that allusion. 
"You may be right Jack but some things are best left alone. No matter how -" she broke off. 

"There you go again denying it. You're free of her now Akiko. The choice is yours with no restriction. I understand what you did because I can feel it too. "

Now her eyes held caution but she could feel her resolve slipping. Felt the tucked emotion in her chest uncurl daring to hope. What if they could... "
"You know Jack, you've always had a way about your words. You could talk yourself out of sharks mouth." The ghastly grey beast flashed through her mind- an unpleasant introduction when she ran with Jack all those moons ago. 

"So does that mean yes?" 

"It means Jack. That we will talk and then I will decide. " His stupid grin at her words was almost infectious. Almost

Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: The Taste of Ash | The Land of Want    The Taste of Ash | The Land of Want  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 8:50 pm

-J.a.c.k S.p.a.r.r.o.w -
When he had followed her down a maze of rocks through to sparsely wooded area that was more low vegetation than anything, but the pervading moist moss lingered here. He wondered if it covered all of this terra or mayhaps just this side. To be true he had traveled far afield for one his age but he had limited dealing with this part of the country. He preferred to stay close to the coastline, skimming the edges of his beloved sea. 

But night after night did his dreams fill with visions. He woke feeling the air saturated in something that he could not quite name. It had the same quality of that night.  His Mam and Pa had lived through tumultuous time as did his sire's sire before him.  Stories of Fenrir's wrath reshaping the world came true in the light of the rock quakes and floods.  It was only at the start of his life that the world seemed to finally quiet. 

He had often caught his Pa staring alertly off in the distance at night even knowing they were secure.  His Pa never took any chances and Jack always supposed it was from the way he grew up.  No matter how many nights Pa stayed vigil the land never stirred as long as Jack was alive. The stories seemed grander than anything he would be able imagine. 

His reverie was broken when Akiko cut off quickly skirting the edge of a large tree. Here there was a half dome area, a nice semi circle of flat land and thankfully no moss.  

Turning her body to face him she reclined on her small haunches and released a casual yawn. Best not to let Jack think he stirred up too much excitement with his offer.
Watching him in silence for a moment as was her way she drew in a deep breath and looked to the sky. Releasing it she looked eye level to the salty hessian. "There are those here I have been given to in trust. I will need time before leaving to set my affairs." Jack's face lit up with the affirmation that she would be accompanying him on the journey.  "However, I have some conditions." He eyed her eagerly. 

Continuing on in her dull voice. "There are things that I know, Jack, that I don't quite think you grasp. Things I will not be able to share with you nor explain if it comes into play. Just as you feel your destiny I feel mine. " His face didn't change but she could see the words turning in his brain and then slowly a nod of agreement. "I will need to bring in meat for my comrades here before I go.  Provide some additional supplies in case of emergency. " 

"Well likely I could help you in that endeavor . It would be the least I could do and I could use a spot of something myself. It wasn't exactly a short stroll to find you. " She nodded to him absently barely listening to him knowing his answer before he spoke it. He took a step towards her, never had been sitting down and she looked startled when he nosed her shoulder. "Drop the stormy look Love, it will be alright. I have a good feeling about this."

Finally she broke her cool demeanor with a snort. "The last time you told me that Mr. Sparrow I had to pick burrs out of my fur for at least 3 moonfalls. I would not use that as a measure of faith. " Her words were sharp but her tone was not. Jack had broken the spell of distance and the snug fur of friendship settled on the pair like a worn den.  

Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: The Taste of Ash | The Land of Want    The Taste of Ash | The Land of Want  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 8:06 pm

-J.a.c.k S.p.a.r.r.o.w -

Shortly later that is just exactly how Jack found himself covered in mud and soaked through from hunting with Akiko.  When they couldn't get a lock on any big game they had to resort to fishing. Despite his earlier musings this land was not all moss. The land cleared and dried in this quarter but still had rivers that coursed through.  Jack always loved river fishing, after fishing in the sea the shallow bed was an easy game. His comfort in the water put him at ease as he tossed another to the shore. 

He glanced over at Akiko, the feisty small fem was perched with grace on the rocks that split the river. Her quick darting movements flashed and she too tossed a fish to the shore. He half smirked and resumed his task. 

-----------------------------

Eventually herself and Jack, having taken a break to dry off , set off with fish tails clenched in their jaws. They had gotten enough to set a few belly's happy. It would have to do. When they got closer to the interior of the pack Akiko stopped jerking her head to Jack unable to speak with the fish in her mouth. 

He dutifully followed her until she stopped and there she unloaded the catch in a hollow. Licking her lips from the taste of the meat she waited as Jack followed suit.

When he was looking at her once more she could not help a small grin at his ridiculously cheery visage.  He was handsome true but not the one for her. 

"I've spoken with my wolves here, they know to find the food. Though truly they are capable in getting their own." she glanced into the forest "I've made my peace with them and said my goodbyes." Now she looked into Jack's eyes growing serious. "I know you feel optimistic Jack but my heart hears another call and I do not know if I will return here. " 

Jack watched her icy eyes blaze with the light of foreshadowing and he too grew serious. His eyes never left her and held her wild intensity in his gaze. "Aye lass, I know of what you speak but mark me sea witch, i'll pull you through any storm we encounter. " He spoke with a heavy conviction and the silence stretched on after his final word. 

Finally Akiko nodded tightly and his lopsided smirk returned. Stepping towards her he nudged her flank. "Let's be off then. I'm tired of these bloody dreams." Jack turned and trotted off following the fading sun. He felt Akiko slip into rhythm off his left flank and he felt settled. Something shifted in his chest and he felt like he was on the right path. He was a sea wolf for sure, a little jaded but always game for an adventure. He had a feeling this may be his largest yet.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Taste of Ash | The Land of Want    The Taste of Ash | The Land of Want  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Taste of Ash | The Land of Want
Page 1 of 1