Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BIG SITE CHANGES.

Go down 
+3
Silent
Kaya
FoSsY
7 posters
AuthorMessage
WarriorWolf

WarriorWolf

Number of posts : 355
Pawprints : 649
Registration date : 2009-01-11

BIG SITE CHANGES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG SITE CHANGES.   BIG SITE CHANGES. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 7:22 pm

Theres been so much going on this site and irl that I'm not sure where to post this! For the most part I've been with this place from the very early stages, MSN groups and all that wonderful jazz, so I could say I'm in love with this place. That said, I've grown up a lot in the past couple years, and while I thoroughly enjoy this haven I'm not constantly here because there is my actual life. I can't say much else other than for some reason I check this place every day for a post, cause all I want to do is be in this world. I feel like this helps my creative side in my everyday working life, so thank you to all of you, cause this wolf pack is my wolf pack and I wouldn't trade it Smile 

Now that all that blah blah is done, I'm completely ok with giving up the leadership that I was up for in Tirisfals if it means getting new active people, if not then I'm also still ok with taking it. Whatever is easiest and best for us to grow and thrive, I haven't extensively looked at the other thread there, about what Starr suggested, but I'm up for helping to get this place popping again!
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889
Registration date : 2009-01-12

BIG SITE CHANGES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG SITE CHANGES.   BIG SITE CHANGES. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:01 pm

That's an idea. The only thing about the ranks board is when other people post on it. And we have our profiles on a different board... Not sure if we want to have a main character thread that's stickied to the top along with the ranks, or just move who posts to the appropriate thread... or delete it.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

BIG SITE CHANGES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG SITE CHANGES.   BIG SITE CHANGES. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 3:51 pm

Also: would we want to scrap the ranks board, since we can just post that under each pack? That disorganization has always bugged me.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889

BIG SITE CHANGES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG SITE CHANGES.   BIG SITE CHANGES. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 11:47 pm

I don't mind combining packs.

Sorry for inactivity. I could at least log in to show I'm checking in, but some days, it's just so hard to have energy to do much. -_-

EDIT: 'Cuz I don't want to post again.

When we're ready, and depending on where the merge will happen, I can have Balthier come up with the reason, if you guys want, since he'd have reasons to seek more numbers.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

BIG SITE CHANGES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG SITE CHANGES.   BIG SITE CHANGES. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 7:01 pm

Question, Silent: So, Jabbar's basically on hold until I make a new MB... If we're going to be switching up how we do posts, I assume you would like me to wait? Since the majority of us are also experienced users in Jabbar, would we want to play-test it there first? If so, what's your advice on formatting it?

Also, I made a thing for graveyard threads. I used the word "cemetary" because the typeface was being dumb. It can easily be resized when you plug it into the forum page.
BIG SITE CHANGES. LkRkCYz
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

Number of posts : 724
Pawprints : 1290
Registration date : 2009-01-10

BIG SITE CHANGES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG SITE CHANGES.   BIG SITE CHANGES. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 11:07 pm

Oh! I was thinking.... when we change things up and whatnot... if we are able to get people around here, I thought it would be fun to stir things up by bringing back in the Midnight Clan. Sensible used to always adopt out characters to a whole bunch of people, and it was great for stirring random chaos. Just a quick idea, for when things get moving, not to overwhelm us at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bravequestk9.com
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938

BIG SITE CHANGES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG SITE CHANGES.   BIG SITE CHANGES. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 7:18 pm

Good stuff you guys. Waiting on some more opinions. 

Just a note if you haven't noticed I've already done away with the Adoption board AND the mate search. It only attracts those creepy one line spammer users ... >_> But all those threads under both those boards can be found intermixed with The Lone Lands now. 

I've combed the admins controls and ill give it to forumotion they have a lot of good options but nothing realllly for archiving threads, only manually. But I'll get to work on that too. I'm commissioning a janitors suit for the clean up job i'm gunna do to the boards XP
Back to top Go down
Kaya

Kaya

Number of posts : 8
Pawprints : 16
Registration date : 2013-11-14

BIG SITE CHANGES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG SITE CHANGES.   BIG SITE CHANGES. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 7:34 am

I think combining the two pure packs is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076

BIG SITE CHANGES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG SITE CHANGES.   BIG SITE CHANGES. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 10:12 am

I too would like to see the site get more active. We are all still around and I know life has a way of getting in the way sometimes for all of us (me especially it seems now) But I do know we all love this site and it is our PRECIOUS. I think our little garden has become a bit weedy and we need to clean up and plant some fresh ideas and plotlines. As far as chars I love all of mine but you have to do what you have to do sometimes and maybe cutting back on some will lead to new growth. 

Love you all <3
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

BIG SITE CHANGES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG SITE CHANGES.   BIG SITE CHANGES. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 9:52 am

I wish we had a mobile-friendly site, or at the very least, an app to check updates. Forumotion doesn't have anything like that (to my knowledge, I have looked), and I don't know how to make those things. Sigh.

Uniting the pure packs makes sense, to me. Good for good, unity against chaos, yadda yadda. We'll see what Warrior and Akka say.

Cutting the Adoption board and Hamara is a good idea. Hamara, as mentioned, has always struggled. For the sake of plot (and even my characters, which I'm stowing away for now), I'm cool if some of other peoples' characters leave with Jack back to the City, for convenience. I'll have Blue run off into the wild or... something. But she won't be in Tirisfal... And, for funsies, we could even see a territory battle between the dark packs and the pure packs for the leftover land.

On that note... If we're going to be working to spread Pearl, would we want to make their territory larger as well?

This would mean new maps. I like making maps. Maps maps maps.

I agree with the side thread thing. It would be a good place for introductory posts to the pack (instead of a newcomer howling at the borderlands, getting lost in the sea of posts, and having someone respond a week later), or for hunting excursions. We could say that the main board is the very center of the territory and where the dens are, and everything else would be the outskirts. Not sure if we would want to label it by location or not (I know some other sites do) and have it function similar to the main board, or just leave it open to interpretation.

Also: We seriously need to make a graveyard for dead/expired threads. I think this would help clean up our site as well, and make it more appealing. There have been so many newcomers that will post in open threads from over 6 months ago because they think they are still relative. I wish we had an automatic system...
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

Number of posts : 724
Pawprints : 1290
Registration date : 2009-01-10

BIG SITE CHANGES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG SITE CHANGES.   BIG SITE CHANGES. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 12:03 am

I would definitely love to keep this place going with you all!

Not sure what to think of combining the pure packs. I guess that will depend on whether Warrior still wanted to take over Tirisfal. If not, I don't see any problem with combining them. We can always add more later if we manage to get more people around.

Uggh I know I probably need to cut down on some charries, but I wouldn't know what to do... I love them all too much XD

Anyways, yea let's do this! Let's make this place come alive again!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bravequestk9.com
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938

BIG SITE CHANGES. Empty
PostSubject: BIG SITE CHANGES.   BIG SITE CHANGES. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 10:03 pm

Ok, so I know I haven't been the best most active site manager and as stubborn and selfish as this sounds I'm not ready to relinquish my spot though it would probably be the most responsible thing to do to find someone (hard as that is) else to try and take over or at least co manage with me. I think we all understand though that we've been on this site so long we are all also growing together and our lives have become far more hectic than when we started at 15 ;D. For me the biggest problem has become lack of comfortable access, because to be honest I look at this site at least once a day(probably more) from my phone, and although I don't always get to respond I'm always hovering. But there are definitely issues with typing on the phone and even on my tablet, which i got recently and thought "yes this will make going on the site easier" two bluetooth keyboards later and them both having compatibility issues I got frustrated and stopped trying. And just today I find out that there was an update for my tablet for problems with bluetooth connectivity -_- Oi! So now that issue seems to be solved access will become easier for me once i purchase a new one.

That being said this is no longer the glory days and while we still have our strong core of members the stretch of characters might be a little overwhelming for us because we have so many and there are no others to fill in the gaps of activity except for us =/. But my dears, I'm not ready to give up if you are not! But we shall have to go into auxiliary mode and reduce and condense!

I may come back to edit this if I think of anymore changes that can help us but for now...

I'm going to eliminate Hamara from the site, perhaps one day we can bring the dog pack back but only when we have enough people willing to play in the pack. Hamara has always struggled as the six pack even back in the msn days, as for the dog characters (of course it is not mandatory) I'm going to move them over into tirisfal valley where they will bolster the ranks and fill in where silvers characters left. Again only if that suits your character but for the sake of plot it would be nice, I can make it so some event occurs and Nuri offers Tirisfal as a sanctuary for the dogs.

I'm going to completely delete the adoption board, its not necessary and was never used much anyways.

I'd like to start advertisement for the Black Pearl as an open pack on other websites. See if we can rope someone in to manage it. Also I'm not sure if you still wanted to take a whack at Tirisfal warrior we can put that in there as well.....ALSO I had the idea to combine both Tirisfal and Midnight meadows, that may bolster activity significantly, and though they are together we can also rework the map so that it spans a larger territory so that it stays true to the original packs. If done the pack would be renamed...we can all suggest and vote on that. I think I like this idea and If I'm to go through with this than I'd probably redirect the dogs to The Pearl instead.

With that being said for those of us with many characters it might be a good idea to cut down on some or put the on the sidelines, it would leave room for more improvement on individual relationships between charries. 

Also as Starr brought up a sentiment about how being in a main thread can possibly be confusing and a little distant for a player. Although I personally dislike liquid time and characters in multiple places at once others may feel different, though i'd be willing to allow it in side threads created around the mainboard (which we currently don't allow) and perhaps in the lone lands, though I'd say that a charrie is never allowed in two main boards at the same time.

For now Jabbar and Muerta are fine to me, they never work in tandem so although the packs would become unbalanced I don't think it would be much of a problem, especially if we were to combine the two pure packs.

Thoughts, Suggestions, Questions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BIG SITE CHANGES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG SITE CHANGES.   BIG SITE CHANGES. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BIG SITE CHANGES.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fire & Ice Wolf Packs :: || General :: .Management-
Jump to: