Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Two Heads Are Better Than One (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PookaKit00

PookaKit00

Number of posts : 10
Pawprints : 24
Registration date : 2015-11-22

Two Heads Are Better Than One (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Two Heads Are Better Than One (Open)   Two Heads Are Better Than One (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 6:32 pm

Hahn...

The she-wolf sighed, gnawing at the bones of a hare. Any meat or fur that had been on them was long gone, vanished down the wolf's gullet in days passed. Her stomach rumbled audibly in the den, just large enough for her to stand up and turn around in. It reeked of fox, but she didn't much mind. If anything, she welcomed it. The scent would hide her own.

The burrow provided a nice darkness, hiding away the young wolf. The little light that crept in gleamed off a pair of golden eyes, illuminating them in the shadows.

With a final crunch of a bone, tongue sweeping out what little marrow remained, she stood. Out of habit the wolf known as Rabbit crouched low, stalking from the den after scenting the air. She was unsatisfied; the wind was still, neither bringing nor taking scents. Reddish paws stepped free of the cave, turning Westward and heading on. She had found in a rabbit warren in some brush that way before. The hares had been scrawny, with barely more than a mouthful of meat on their hides, but it was better than nothing.

Her walk seemed odd; slanted, if anything. It was as though her hips were not level, leading to an odd gait.

Nearing the brush, she crouched down low, spotting a hare nibbling in a futile motion at a stick. Her whole body pressed against the ground, flattening herself until she seemed part of it. The rabbit, unawares, hopped towards her.

Yes, yes, one more, two more...

The she-wolf struck.

With a loud, roaring growl, she surged forward, fangs snapping at thin air as the rabbit rocketed away. Not one to give up, she charged after it. If she weren't so obviously canid, she could be mistaken for a hare with her gait. Forelegs sprinting normally, her hind legs came together with each bound like a hare's. She leaped through the dry brush, providing quite a sight to any who might be passing by.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Two Heads Are Better Than One (Open)   Two Heads Are Better Than One (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 12:59 am

((I hope no one minds me bringing one of my other wolves back to activity. I'm itching to type.))

He popped into sight, where the land dipped into a slope and a rare bush gave him just enough cover, right in front of the poor leporid, watching with a degree of amusement as the small critter suddenly froze. The rabbit mustn't have been around for too long, as it turned straight back to the direction it came, in its panic, completely forgetting about the one that had been initially chasing it down. How did he end up in this situation, again?

He'd been blissfully staring into the sky, near where the bright orb of a sun was releasing its heat. No wolf wanted to keep up with him, and he was fair amount of trouble for such a lax wolf. 'Too bad for them,' he thought, '... or..... too bad for me.' Where did the time go? Was the cold season that much closer to arriving? Not that it really mattered where he was, but he guessed it was best to relocate towards the edges of the lone lands until it was more clear how the weather in the coming moons will turn out.

He carried the sand of the heart of the lone land within his pelt as he meandered, always lost in thought until he needed to be rooted in the present. Such was his way. He found a nice slope that prevented the breeze from effectively carrying his scent much further, and there was even a plant to help hide his presence from an initial glance, further up the slope. Eyelids dropped in front of silver orbs as he tried to settle himself into a nap. A pity the ground wasn't quite sandy here, or he'd have half buried himself to protect his skin some more.

Ears twitched into motion before the rest of his body was aware of any disturbance. The low sounds of running paws right towards him caused his awakening. Of course he was going to creep to the top of the slope and peek his head around the bush to see the commotion.

Oh dear. This was quite the scenario he'd landed himself into. He must have ruined a hunt... or perhaps not, as he noted the female in pursuit of the rabbit. With any luck, he wouldn't get yelled at, should she compete her hunt successfully, but with his luck? He was bracing himself for a scolding and tried to recall where one of the more secret hiding spots littered among these lands were in the case he'd have to make a run for it.
Back to top Go down
PookaKit00

PookaKit00

Number of posts : 10
Pawprints : 24
Registration date : 2015-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Two Heads Are Better Than One (Open)   Two Heads Are Better Than One (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 1:06 am

[Sorry if I misinterprated this Smile

The rabbit quickly began to outrun in the slow-she wolf, frustrating her. She gave a few, angry woofs, baring her teeth as she loped after the hare. It appeared hopeless, because for every stride she took, the rabbit gained three.

However, just as she was about to give up, flanks heaving and hips aching something fierce, the winds shifted. For a moment, she could the scent of a he-wolf, and bristled. The rabbit, too, seemed to catch the scent and, merely a few leaps away from a burrow that would have saved it, froze in place. It sat, nose twitching, as she she-wolf began to trot towards it, expecting the hare to dash away at any second.

Miraculously, the rabbit, who must have had no survival instincts at all, darted straight towards her. What was it thinking? 'Oh noes, another big bad wolfie! Maybe the big bad wolfie chasing me will protect me from the big bad wolfie in the brush!'

Bunny, not willing to waste such an opportunity, lunged forward, pearly fangs bared and oozing saliva. An audible snap, and a limp rabbit hung from her maw, eyes staring blankly as blood dripped from its neck. She held it for a brief moment, tasting the life-force that set her digestive juices flowing like mad, and looked towards the he-wolf. The rabbit was set down at her feet, although not far enough away that he could snatch it and bolt if he was so inclined.

...Thank you, I guess. Since you helped, you should get some of the meat as well.”
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Two Heads Are Better Than One (Open)   Two Heads Are Better Than One (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 10:25 am

(You're good! ^_^)

He watched her make the kill, amused as both she and the rabbit were caught in a moment of surprise for different reasons. That was a pretty silly rabbit, though, perhaps just turning into an adult and hasn't had much experience yet? Too bad for it. "Ah, don't worry about it. I ate earlier, and it's much too bothersome to eat again so soon, even in the lone lands." He stretched his limbs, staying where he was, but did lightly shake his pelt, a few more grains falling out. He was doomed to stay scruffy looking for the time being unless he put effort into grooming. Larger pools of water were a luxury and the few to be found weren't worth taking a bath. Only rouge packs controlled enough water for both a drinking area and bathing area.

He sat there, thinking for a while before his eyes snapped back to his current not-yet-aquaintance. "Ah, yes. I'm Decerno Sol. Just Decerno. I don't believe I can claim my clan name. Anyway," He looked around, trying to see the terrain as far behind him as he could, "you should keep all of that for yourself. The lone lands don't always show favor to a wolf, even the fittest of them. Take advantage when you can- especially for when the land is busy bestowing favor to another."

Which brought him to this point, between blessings and ills. He was content, living in such lands that sometimes pushed him into action, otherwise, Decerno would never get anything done. He looked at the fae, awaiting patiently for her response.

He did wonder why she was out here. Did a pack not want her, or did she grow up here and wanted to find a pack? In the latter case, Decerno could advise, but not follow. He would be shunned by some packs here, but what was the point in troubling the ones who would allow him entry? Physical traits weren't the only things that judged a wolf's suitability of pack life- he knew that just as well or even better than the next wolf.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Heads Are Better Than One (Open)   Two Heads Are Better Than One (Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two Heads Are Better Than One (Open)
Page 1 of 1