Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ryuuketsu- closed

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Otso_Elite

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2012-08-26

Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 4:19 pm

Otso flinched at negative memories. He bowed his head, and stared at the ground.

"Well, Ryuu... You must understand that I have a bad past," Otso said with a grin. "So please don't be too disgusted. It started when I was a whelp. I was large for my age, and when we were still in the den I killed the runt of my litter. I heard the other wolves discussing me afterwards, I always did have keen senses. They said that once I was weaned, they were going to drive me out. I thought nothing of it. I believed myself above them. At eight weeks, I killed another of my siblings. Not long after, another pup was murdered by me. True to their word, the instant I was weaned, the whole pack turned on me. I had no choice but to run. They chased me out of their territory and further, and I ran for what seems like days to a frightened pup. I ran far, and eventually ended up in this land. I fended for myself, and yes, I killed more wolves, but this time it was in order to survive. And then, I smelt all of you, and decided to take a chance." He grinned again, and was ashamed to feel a stroke of guilt rush through him at his deeds. Cautiously, he nuzzled the pup. "But Ryuu, I swear I will not hurt you. I may not be sane, and I will kill others without pause, but there is something about you... Perhaps your life's deeds before here were similar." Otso smiled, a proper smile. "Truly, pup, I think I would be lost in the not to distant future if I hadn't found you. And no, I will not repeat that comment again." Otso grinned, as he remembered the test he was due the pup. "Now Ryuu... Tell me honestly what you think of me, and then you shall be tested. I want to know what you can do."
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 6:25 pm

Ryuu listened with rapt attention. His eyes weren't wide open in horror, but rather in interest and the fact he had to process much information. He wasn't initially sure how to react, because he didn't know if he could relate or not. Of course, Otso wouldn't be expecting an answer like that.

Finally, his head tilted in curiosity. So... was he kind of like a bad wolf, but not really anymore? Dark wolf, his mind helpfully supplied from somewhere, but with mixed connotations. From where, he didn't know, nor why his ideas about the word were mixed. Then the larger wolf moved closer, but Ryuu didn't move, not fearing what Otso might do, for he'd already had many chances to kill him. Instead came a cautious, almost gentle nuzzle. The motion was familiar yet not at the same time. Then he continued to speak, first with a vow, then finished with the reminder of the test.

From the corner of his eye, he noticed Egan's body language seemed to have lightened up from when Otso first started to speak. It wasn't quite as if the mongoose approved Osto's past, although that was probably implied, since it was more like approval for Ryuu to stay with the wolf.

Looking Otso in the eyes, he responded after a moment's pause, thinking of how to word what he was about to say, "I think I had mixed feelings about the idea of... darker wolves, but I think you're pretty cool, being able to fight and survive and stuff. I think you're kind of like Egan. He's really tough and sometimes mean on the outside, but has a soft spot for his friends." His tassel swayed with excitement about the test... whatever that was going to be.
Back to top Go down
Otso_Elite

Otso_Elite

Pawprints : 76

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:34 am

Otso was surprised at the young wolf's acceptance of his past. Otso grinned. This test would be interesting. "You'd better hope your friend can keep up..." Otso said with a slight smirk, before turning rapidly. hE accelerated with no warning to Ryuu and started to settle into his stride, loping easily across the sands. He winced slightly as the scar on his shoulder flexed, but ignored it, his steady paces swallowing the land hungrily. He wondered how the pup would get on, if he could stay the distance. Otso's tough paws slipped slightly on the familiar terrain, but his claws bit surely into the sand, used to its temperamental ways. His tail swayed lazily behind him as he ran, revelling in the freedom of the run. He did not look back. This was a test, after all. What would the youngster do? Otso couldn't pretend he knew, but he knew what he hoped. Idly, he wondered if Egan could keep up. Ach, well. He'd find that out soon enough.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Pawprints : 1889

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 1:26 pm

His features took on a confused look when Otso started to talk, until the other started to run. And quickly. He gaped for a moment until his felt a light nip on his heels and saw the figure of the mongoose running ahead of him at full speed. Ryuu immediately started running, as if his body was acting in response to a familiar action. Since he wasn't fully grown, he couldn't run as fast as he was capable of, but he was able to catch up with Egan, although gradually. The little guy could run pretty surprisingly fast. And Ryuu would later suspect that Egan couldn't maintain his fastest speed too long.

As if expecting Ryuu's position, Egan had took a brief look backwards and jumped, landing neatly on the young wolf's back as if it were the most natural thing in the world and they'd done it before. Ryuu kept running, a bit startled, but pushed it back in favor of trying not to fall behind Otso. Was the wolf in front of him even running at full pace?
Back to top Go down
Otso_Elite

Otso_Elite

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 6:09 am

Otso felt an urge to laugh bubble up inside him as he took a subtle glance back the way at the mongoose casually hitching a lift on Ryuu's back. The surprised expression on the youngster's face was priceless. He stopped himself carefully, his sore tongue reminding him of what happens when you are too violent. He kept running, old scars running deep into muscle tissue reminding him every stride that he was not what he could be. He shrugged off the nagging ache, and focused on the run. He started to turn very slightly, aiming to run in a long ellipse, to run himself, and Ryuu, to their limits. It did not occur to Otso that they would need water. He just wanted to test the youngster fully. He knew also, that at any point, Ryuu could call it off, could be too tired with Egan on his back to continue. Otso's heavy breathing silently wished he would, and preferably not too far in the future. His mind, however, did not want the end to come so soon. "You pathetic big softy!" He scolded himself. "You should be able to run for more than ten minutes without being tired!" He suddenly wished the pup was beside him, so slowed his paces, leaving a window for the pup to come through to take position at his shoulder. That was, after all, a very impressive look on a run. Otso grinned. This was going to be very interesting...
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:20 pm

If Ryuu was honest, he didn't want to keep running for too much longer, but what if part of the test was seeing if he'd complain or not? Things probably weren't always obvious. Egan was a noticeable weight but not enough to slow him down much. He could start feeling his muscles ache, but could keep running, and so he did.

It seemed like he was gaining on Otso, then noticed his feet movements had slowed, seemingly more lazy than the older wolf had been traveling than before. Did Otso think he was running too slow? Of course he was! He was still under a year old. If he hadn't slowed down, Ryuu would have fallen far behind and unable to catch up. He probably did think of that... he thought. Although able to catch up now, it still took him a bit of time, having started running late and being slower, but he eventually caught up, able to run almost side-by-side with Otso. What now? he wondered, secretly hoping they'd stop running soon. How long did they need to run, anyways?
Back to top Go down
Otso_Elite

Otso_Elite

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:38 pm

Otso grinned as he felt the pup's presence at his shoulder. He sped up again, back to his lope. His breath was coming short and fast now, gasping with every stride. He bared his teeth. "Man up... you big... softy!" He growled to himself, forcing his breathing to steady. He soon felt a bit dizzy, and stumbled, so relaxed his tight control on his breath. The rasp that hissed out of his mouth scared him slightly, yet he still felt he needed to run a little longer. Finally, his legs threatened to fold beneath him. He found that he was back where they started, back by the body. He looked longingly at the moist meat, and sighed. He doubted the pup would be happy with it. He remained standing, though all he wanted was to sleep. As his legs trembled, he sighed slightly, his breathing still tortured. "Well... pup?" He panted.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:51 pm

He'd sped up again, and there was no way Ryuu was going to catch up again. Blinking, he took a glance at his surroundings. Hadn't they passed here? Had they pretty much gone in a circle? Probably more like an oval, he thought. He had been so focused on trying to keep up that he didn't really notice where they'd gone or how long they had been running so far. Because he was so focused on his target, he saw a slight movement ahead of him, which looked almost like a faltered step before Otso caught himself.

After a while, Otso came to a stop, almost right to the spot hey had started. The coppery scent of blood filled his nares again as he got into range, Egan leaping off onto the ground as Ryuu slowed, and finally caught up to Otso again as he asked him for his opinion. "That was tiring," he said, as he sat down, not whining, although he probably might have had they kept running longer. "Do you adults do this all the time?" It was only a youth's seemingly unending energy that allowed him to quickly catch his breath.
Back to top Go down
Otso_Elite

Otso_Elite

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 1:08 pm

"Meh... Depends." Otso was still struggling to recover. "I haven't for a while, but the packs probably do. I'm not the best to ask. I had to when I was younger though, it's not really normal everyday life for me, no..." Otso was amazed at the ease with which Ryuu could recover. Otso detected a slightly rancid smell floating through the air, his sensitive nose wrinklinmg slightly at the stench. After all, the body had been lying out in the sun all day. He gave it a longing lance, his parched mouth screaming for water. The blood, at least, may still be liquid, and the innards would be moist... The thought of even slightly rancid meat sliding through his maw gave the dull ache in his belly an edge, and made the discomfort in his throat and maw feel like they were clogged full of dry sand. "Could we... You know..." He looked again at the carcass, keeping his bright yellow gaze fixed on the dead wolf. The blood that had seeped into the ground seemed a terrible waste to him. He was unsure what the pup would think of this suggestion, but it semmed, to Otso, the only sensible option for a drink.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:12 am

He glanced towards the body, seeing the Otso was looking at it, then back at the ground. The reminder of his lacking memories. He wasn't sure how long it'd been there, but at least probably since the previous night or sooner. Pawing at the ground with one foot, he responded to Otso's implications, misunderstanding a little, "I'm not hungry..." Ryuu wasn't quite sure what Otso was asking. An adult didn't ask permission, so he was probably asking if Ryuu was fine with treating the dead wolf like prey or something. He wasn't too keen on the idea, scared of his locked memories and the uncertainty of who the deceased was or how they died. What the other did, though, didn't matter to him. And he really wasn't hungry, whether it was the sight of the carcass starting to rot, or something else. He didn't know.
Back to top Go down
Otso_Elite

Otso_Elite

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 3:14 pm

Otso sighed heavily. "Oh, well..." His breath fully returned, he eyed up the pup. The next part of the test could wait, he decided. Priority now was water, rest and food. In that order. He listened, and scented the air, but could smell no water. "Any ideas on what to drink, pup?" His tongue was hanging out, his throat sandpaper. He blinked wearily. 'Water!' Screamed his mind, but he didn't know where to find it. Any sense he had had gone with the chill of the night, weather that suited him well, and the sun was making him dumb.

(LOL 99 words xD)
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 4:17 pm

He looked up at Otso, almost in disbelief. Wasn't he supposed to be the one who knew how to survive? How would he, a pup, know? Ryuu glanced at Egan instinctively. They mongoose ha been by his side ever since he first woke up.

Egan had started to nudge Ryuu's leg when the wolf looked at him, and started to dart off in a direction he didn't remember, presumably the direction Ryuu had come from before the amnesia. The wolf looked up at Otso and shrugged wolfishly before following the mongoose. He didn't know how well compared to a wolf the small creature could smell, but maybe he remembered passing by something. It wasn't like the creature didn't understand him, so there was no reason for Egan to lead them astray. He did briefly pause to look back at the larger wolf and said, "I think he remembers a place." Before turning back to follow. It wasn't difficult keeping up with the mongoose. Guardian or not, Ryuu would trust Egan without deferring to Otso.
Back to top Go down
Otso_Elite

Otso_Elite

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Wearily, Otso followed the pair, his paws occasionally tripping and he stumbled. Catching himself, he focused on following the two youngsters. Otso was slightly embarrassed about having to ask, but he reasoned it was better than dying on the sands due to lack of moisture. That was hardly a heroic, noble death. Not that Otso cared about giving others good deaths. He did care however, that he himself went in a noble fashion, one worthy of being the conversation topic of wolves the land over. He shook himself out of his daydream, as the sun bore down on his pelt. His tongue drooped lower with every stride, and his head soon hung low, his yellow orbs trained on the unrelenting sand, following the pup by sound alone. {How long until we find this dam.ned water source?} His mind slurred the words, his withering brain unable to coherently function. Doggedly, he stumbled on.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 7:08 pm

He noticed Otso following them, but Ryuu pushed it aside, in favor of continuing to follow the mongoose to water. Had he really come from this direction? Why would any wolf venture out into these sands? It seemed stupid. He didn't doubt the small creature, but would there really be water here? It was just dry, although maybe the sun was confusing him.

After some minutes, Ryuu was ready to wonder if Egan really did understand him until he saw something glimmer. Auds perked up in interest, he looked towards his small companion, who suddenly wasn't there anymore. Blinking in confusion, he was about to stop to look around until he felt something impatiently swipe his ear with no real force. He moved forward, faster than he'd been moments earlier, nose catching the signs of some moisture in the air. Soon enough, he stepped on the boundary where sand met a tiny pool of water. He felt pressure as the mongoose lept off his back to take a drink. Lowering his mouth, he greedily drank for a few seconds before backing away, laying down nearby, exhausted.
Back to top Go down
Otso_Elite

Otso_Elite

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:38 am

Otso's head jerked upwards, his dry orbs barely believing the sight before them. He ran to the pool of salvation, and submerged a full half of his parched muzzle in the cool relief. He drank his fill quickly, and then some, snorting air out through his nose, creating bubbles that danced in the liquid, to avoid his salvation becoming his end. His tail wagged lazily as his mouth and throat rehydrated, his eyes became bright again, and clear thought returned. With joyful abandon, he raised his muzzle to the sky, and howled, a long note that echoed in the emptiness. He let the note die. "What's next on the to-do list then, pup?" He grinned, in the best mood possible for one such as himself.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 11:05 pm

Was Otso really dark wolf? He didn't really seem like one. Maybe when he first met him. "Isn't that your job as my guardian to decide?" Ryuuketsu questioned. He looked around, to take in his surroundings. In the distance, he could see a looming mountain range, almost sinister looking. It caught his interest, but it was pretty far, and he wasn't sure if he wanted to be with a pack.

"What do wolves do out here, anyways? Doesn't look like there's much to do..." It looked... boring. There was a severe lack of foliage. Why he was looking for plants, he didn't know. Egan looked somewhat out of place out in the open, but probably less so than himself. The mongoose didn't seem to mind the scenery too much. Perhaps the old Ryuu didn't either, but he wouldn't know.
Back to top Go down
Otso_Elite

Otso_Elite

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:45 pm

Otso laughed emptily, his high mood lowering. "My job as Guardian is to take you on, but no where in my promise did I say I would force you to live on a knife-edge. When I was a pup, I despised Elders doing that, it didn't help control me at all. How are you to learn if everything is handed to you?" Otso started to pace, irritatation slipping over his carefully blank mask. "Out here? Why don't we make a sandcastle!" He suggested sarcastically, and giggled manically. {Well, there goes the clear patch... it's probably downhill from here. Sorry Flutter...} His mind echoed, before it slipped. Shadows started to slip back into his yellow orbs. He closed them briefly, and when his lids sprang apart again, his orbs glinted, hardening, the yellow dulling slightly as his mood worsened. He glared at the bleak landscape. "Well..." He mused. "We could try pick a fight with someone?" A spark of hope flared into an inferno. A fight. That's what he needed. A chilly grin slipped across his rugged features, the scar that ran from ear to shoulder creasing uncomfortably. Yes, a fight would do nicely.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:24 pm

He blinked, head tilted to the side. "What's a... sandcastle?" he questioned. "Izzit a two-leg word or something?" He knew what sand was, but the other word was foreign to him. He felt the atmosphere seeming to change, and wondered if he did anything wrong. Quickly, he said, "Fighting..." as if testing the words. He knew the meaning of the word, but in his memory, he'd never uttered the word. "Where would we find someone?"

Egan started to hiss, turning in the direction they had come. Ryuu turned his attention to him, wondering what was wrong. The mongoose's eyes weren't red, so it wasn't a snake. His auds twitched until he caught the sight of movement from where they had come from. It was only when they got a bit closer that he was able to catch the scent of wolves. It was like Fenrir himself had answered the question... He glanced up at Otso. Would he wait, or charge in?
Back to top Go down
Otso_Elite

Otso_Elite

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 5:10 pm

Otso grinned. "I don't really know, actually. I'd imagine so." Otso turned his orbs to the mountains that had attracted Ryuu's attention earlier. "We would find someone... this way. You will be able to learn more, or remember more, whatever may be true, on the pack territories." Otso scented wolves in the air, but decided to ignore them for now. If they became a threat, he would not hesitate, but there was no point being a hero if there was nothing to avert.

He sighed. "But maybe a brief kip first?" He curled up where he stood, and let his twisted dreams seize him.

He was a young male, just barely a year and six moons old, with a female at his shoulder. For a brief two moons, he knew joy. Then the two-legs came, into his dry world of sand. The two-leg had dogs, lots of dogs, and Otso had curled his lip in scorn at the arrogance of it. Flutter, his female, being Flutter, had loped out to greet the female of the dogpack. The two-leg had exploded out of nowhere. Otso had hidden, to afraid to face the strange beast. The two-leg male had shot his Flutter, in he shoulder. If he had intervened, it would not have happened. But still Otso hid. The dogs layed into her, and the man shot her time and time again, but never vital shots, until there was more air than flesh in her once-proud form. He had run over to her when peace had returned. His already fragile mind snapped. She had whispered, "Do not harness the wild, throw it all aside and run with it." Her breath had left her, and her form became an empty husk. Otso saw again her beautiful eyes close, her breath hissing as the night claimed her. His body shivered as he slept, a tortured whimper escaping his muzzle. His tail lashed on the ground, his legs kicked. "Yes..." He whispered, still asleep. "Tomorrow, we shall go to the Mountain...". And so the peace returned.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:23 am

So there were wolves in those mountains? They looked so... uninviting. Is that why those wolves would live there? There, and that they were positioned high to look down? Otso seemed to ignore the incoming wolves, and suggested taking a nap. He watched the older wolf fall into slumber, looked in the direction the wolves were coming from, then to Egan, who didn't look like he was going to sleep any time soon, before Ryuu settled down and tried to sleep.

When he opened his eyes, he assumed he had napped for a short time, but why had he woken up? The sun in the sky hadn't moved, so he'd been roused by something. Why? He looked around, seeing the mongoose was awake and drinking water, but looking tense, as if waiting...

Suddenly, Egan started hissing as four wolves leapt over a small dune of sand, eyes gleaming at the sight before them. Ryuu backed to put more distance between himself and them, his path taking him closer to Otso, the mongoose baking up with Ryuu, but staying in front of him.

The lead wolf nodded his head, and two of the wolves behind him leaped the remaining distance between them and Ryuu, no words or noises made, teeth and claws ready to tear in for the kill. Ryuu's pupils dilated as he instinctively ran forward towards the leader, unable to move backwards or to the side in time, Egan having already started to a split second before. Ryuu turned as soon as he was clear of the leaping bodies, not wanting to become the first or second wolf's snack, who had yet to act, feeling Egan positioning himself on his back. For now, he wouldn't complain about it unless the mongoose was in immediate danger.

The two landed silently, having shifted their weight as they did so, and quickly jumped a short distance away, getting out of range of the slumbering wolf. They didn't bother to continue pursuing the whelp, instead turned their attention to Otso, but didn't act. Instead, they seemed to act as barricades, positioning themselves right between Ryuu and Otso so neither had access to the other without getting by them. The remaining wolf behind the leader circled around them to his two companions, positioning himself between them. The leader stepped forward, a slight limp in his leg, seeing that Otso wouldn't get through the trio any time soon, and slowly approached, all the appearances of taking extreme cautions with Ryuu. Three of the four were assassins and the remaining a normal warrior, as the assassins were out of their element in the sand with no where to hide.
Back to top Go down
Otso_Elite

Otso_Elite

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:55 am

Otso snapped awake. His sleep-fogged brain cleared rapidly as he took in the hostile scene. A howl of fury tore from his throat, and he gunned into action, standing up and running at the nearest of the trio that acted as what appeared to be a... Barricade. Well, this was far from convenient... He hoped Ryuu's muscle memory would help him while Otso tried to clear a path. But Otso wouldn't act yet. He skidded to a halt, and adopted neutral body language. "Apologies, I just awoke. My brain took a while to catch up with my... Instincts." He said quietly, and lifted his head, keeping his orbs trained on Ryuu and Egan. "Now, may I get back to my pup and our quarry? Teaching him to hunt, you see. Thought live prey would be more interesting, but the pesky creature took a liking to the boy." Otso fought to keep his calm. He hoped Ryuu would sense the need for an act to be put on here, and go along with the lie. Otso found a part of him wishing Ryuu was his pup, that there was no need to lie, and he made no effort to drown it out. He did not take his yellow orbs from the leader's, and his blood sang for the fight that would follow. Flesh. At last.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:07 pm

He didn't want to risk turning around to face Otso, for the leader seemed to continue his slow approach. A sudden chill ran down his back, in that eerie way that normally meant things were going to get bad. He was forgetting something important, he knew that much.

"Hah. Your whelp?" The leader sneered, watching his subordinates stand firm and the unknown wolf coming to a stop near them. "I'm quite certain I know who spawned him, as do you," he said, the last bit to Ryuu. Seeing a confused look, he barked out a laugh. "And I thought this day wouldn't get better." The wolf stopped mere feet from Ryuu, who still hadn't moved, casting a critical eye, as if for verification. "Ahh, yes. That was quite a lump, but to think it'd have given you amnesia? I would have played this out differently if I'd known. No matter. A mark is a mark. You come with us quietly or we'll have no choice but to force the issue and we won't be able to keep you alive. Someone's quite mad at you, naughty little whelp. And the little weasel, just as naughty. Twin terrors." He slowly bared his fangs in amusement.

Ryuu didn't know how to respond. He knew something about his family? "Who are you, and what do you mean?" A brow lifted in amusement. "Oh, me? Someone you angered after I was hired to... take care of things, and I don't feel like answering your questions. Time is valuable, and I fear I must wrap up my business here. He suddenly lunged at Ryuu, snarling when the whelp darted away, the stupid creature still hanging on. He moved in again, testing how timid his opponent would be...

The wolf right in front of Otso lunged forward as well, teeth bared and attempting to slice into Otso. The wolf to the right moved with the former, but came at Otso from the side, to launch a sneak attack right after his companion struck and in an attempt to keep the other wolf on the defensive. His attacks were quick and targeted vital parts of the body, just like any typical assassin. The wolf who took the frontal attack was the warrior, the one who was supposed to take the brunt of the damage and deal the most damage.

The third wolf remained unmoving. It wasn't his job to jump in unless he was needed, whether that may be in attacking Ryuu's new guardian or Ryuu himself.

Ryuu had avoided the leader's initial attack, but he was still confused. He didn't know how to combat this wolf, but his body seemed to be automatically reacting. Did it have something to do with why many were apparently furious at him? Egan leapt off his back when the other wolf got close, landing on his face, tiny claws already starting to scratch and mar. Ryuu took the opportunity to run in and bite the wolf's legs.

The leader snarled when the mongoose landed on him, head shaking in hopes to fling the beast off. Then came the bites on his legs as he was finally able to toss the mongoose onto the sand. He kicked Ryuu away, who had been able to lessen the blow by backing as far as he could before getting struck. Even with memory loss, the brat was still annoying...
Back to top Go down
Otso_Elite

Otso_Elite

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 5:52 am

Otso darted to the side, but his muscles were still weak from sleep. His attacker's fangs sliced, shallowly but for a good length of time, into Otso's left flank, but Otso didn't feel it. His only concern was getting Ryuu safe. Already, his scarred shoulder was aching. This battle would not be easy, nor would it be short. Otso just hoped with all his heart that Ryuu would have the muscle memory and the wits to survive. Otso's flank was bleeding, but not too badly. It was just a long scratch, he reasoned. He whirled around once he had gathered his bearings, and leapt, with all of his speed and strength, for his attacker's jugular.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 5:42 pm

The warrior's center of balance was off from his last landing and wasn't quick enough to respond. The assassin, though, jumped in the way and took the killing blow without hesitation. Only the job was important, and the warrior was of more value since there was no place for the assassin to hide.

Thanks to the sacrifice, the warrior was able to get his bearings and he jumped over his now dead comrade's collapsing form in attempt to knock Otso off his feet. The warrior's own feet were protecting his stomach as well as ready to claw any part of his target's body he could reach.

Ryuu rolled onto the sand, quickly regaining his footing. What was he supposed to do now? He'd seen some of Otso's fight, and noticed one of the wolves had a similar attack style to the leader, who had basically declared himself an assassin. He thought they were hired to attack those who were worth the trouble. Egan was hissing as he darted past Ryuu, sounding almost frustrated at Ryuu's hesitation to attack. The mongoose made a few more noises as he darted underneath the leader and behind, who tried and failed to bite down on the pest. They'd forced the wolf to have to pay attention to two different directions at once.

"I still don't know why you're doing this. What did I do?" Ryuuketsu questioned. The leader kept an eye on the whelp and mongoose, eyes shifting between them, but still held an amused look. "You really don't know..." But it might prove useful to actually let him in on what happened. "Where to start... Let's start from where you woke up earlier. I'm guessing that's where you lost your memory. That loser in blood? Your old man." Seeing the whelp's shocked reaction, he wondered if he should leave it at that. The little wolf looked shocked enough to be an easy target and didn't hesitate to move, jaws open to snap the smaller neck.

He heard something akin to a snarl from Egan, and snapped out of it. Evading the attack by moving to the side, he continued to run behind the wolf and snapped at his hind leg, surprisingly causing the leg to buckle a little. "Brat!" the wolf growled. That had been the same leg that Ryuu had attacked the first time they'd met. He hadn't expected an almost exact copy of the attack that originally injured his leg. Luckily, he was also a healer and was able to mostly repair the damage. But to think the whelp's body could remember it's life when the brain didn't... Since part of the brain was the one that was messed up, it explained Ryuu's lack of attack initiation, and only avoided attack. The body could only act off memory in instinct, something it couldn't do in an attack if Ryuu wouldn't try to. But the other part of Ryuu's brain was a problem. He seemed to be reacting to the mongoose's different noises without realizing it. Smirking, the leader swiftly charged again, this time at the mongoose.
Back to top Go down
Otso_Elite

Otso_Elite

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 2:17 pm

Otso's wounded flank was stiffening rapidly, and although he knew his attacker was trying to bowl him off his feet, his muscles wouldn't react in time. He knew this. As he fell to the sand, he twisted his body in such a way that the attacker would be thrown over Otso's scarred shoulder and land, hopefully on his skull, in the sands. Well, that was the theory anyway. Otso fired a quick glance in Ryuu's direction, and realised, with a sick feeling rising in his guts, that Egan was the target now. "Ryuu! The mongoose is the target!" Otso hoped wildly the mongoose wouldn't be injured badly in this brawl.

{I would never forgive myself...} His brain whispered. {Wait, what?} He replayed his thought. {Woah, woah, woah, dude. Why has this pup changed you so much?} He didn't overly mind, admittedly, but this wasn't the same male as had swaggered into a small gathering. Maybe that wasn't necessarily a bad thing, however. Flutter would be proud, and that was enough for him.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:29 am

The assassin lunged forward, the mongoose unmoving from his spot, looking all the world as if he'd frozen in place. He was excited, guessing that his claws would soon tear into the creature. Just as he was about to collide, he suddenly found his paws in the sand, legs buckling in the unexpectedness of not finding a body under his paws. Rage gleamed in his features as he turned, to angered to consider the tiny foot steps he heard behind him...

He couldn't do anything, and realized even Otso noticed the situation. The assassin was fast and had a head start. Ryuu still had to try, so he ran forward, throat paralyzed and unable to make a sound in his fear. Suddenly, Egan wasn't there anymore and had managed to scramble to the side, apparently never been frozen in the first place. An unusual ploy, but it worked. Ryuu still had momentum from his running, though, and kept running. He didn't know what he'd do, but he might as well attack and hope he didn't die.

He saw the leader turn around, a mad gleam in his eyes. By now, he couldn't stop running, even if he wanted to. Suddenly, Egan appeared from under the leader's standing body, who was clearly unaware. He leapt upwards at the exposed throat as Ryuu made a decision to leap up, also aiming at the throat.

The enraged wolf didn't have a chance to react as two sets of teeth bit down. Although they individually didn't have a good bite, together they opened more puncture wounds, blood draining just as much as a normal wolf biting down.

The assassin who hadn't moved this whole time still stood still, a look of disgust on his features. No rightful assassin would let his emotions get the best of him. The moment they became who they were, they'd given up feeling useless things like pride. Wrath was good, but not when spurred by pride. He turned and gave a commanding bark as the whelp started to run in for the kill, orders aimed to the one fighting the whelp's guardian, turning into a growl when he was disobeyed. It appeared as if someone forgot who was the real leader of the group. The job was important, but it was important to defer to the most experienced of the group, even over the assigned leader in situations like this. They couldn't kill a target if they were dead. They had to survive to get reinforcements. His eyes narrowed. Then again, the only other surviving wolf was a warrior, not an assassin. Fighting to the death was in his blood. They should have let him die those minutes ago.

With a glare at the dead body on the ground, he turned and quickly darted through the sands, soft and rapidly fading lyrics promising a return...

The warrior just managed to avoid a nasty knock on the head, but in the process, ended up landing heavily on his shoulder. Ignoring the pain as he got up, he noticed the other worried about and calling to the whelp, and decided to try another attack as he surged forward, jaws opened and ready to clamp down anywhere he could reach, wondering if the other wolf would notice in time and get out of the way. From the corner of his mind, he heard a command to leave, but who was that wolf to order him around with his command dead? No. He'd finish this wolf off and the whelp and eat the mongoose. He knew he'd win if this wolf didn't focus on the fight.
Back to top Go down
Otso_Elite

Otso_Elite

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:40 pm

((OOC: Sorry, sorry sorry! I'll post as soon as I can, real world a little hectic at the moment... I swear they chose this week for homework!!))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryuuketsu- closed   Ryuuketsu- closed - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ryuuketsu- closed
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next