Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

.where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo

Go down 
+10
__silvers__
Morbid Joke
Silent
Kouga9
_Sensable_
FoSsY
Shadowed
akkanatrum
wretched
EDITOR
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowed

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2009-01-10

.where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:32 am

.where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Rawbones-1

Rawbones waited for his words to set in with Damean, then watched as his dark visage formed an expression of guilt and sorry. As he spoke his apologies, Rawbones could sense the truly deep hurt in his words, and he knew that their friendship had really meant something to him. He was surprised by this, but it was not an unwelcome feeling. He could not tell this brute no, that he was not willing to accept his apologies and forget the past. He smirked up at Damean. "Ah, you're too good a friend to let go," he said sincerely, "Of course I'll forgive you.". He heard the King choke a little, and knew something deeper than this must have run through his mind. And as he continued speaking, Rawbones knew it to be true; Damean must have been raised with little positive contact to his family. He could only feel sorry for the brute, and understood what a relationship like theirs meant to him.

Rawbones had had a sister, and he'd at least been able to grow up with her, though he had absolutely no idea of how she fared now. In fact, he had not seen her in seven longs years, since the day he'd left home. It seemed an unfair thing, for there were many wolves he would never see again, but he did not dwell on it. It had been too long to wonder where his kin was now. Instead, he concentrated on the now. The wolves he knew here. Damean, who spoke to him with welcome in his voice. He smirked as Damean invited him to share what he'd wanted to say all that time ago. It had been nothing awful, not at all. "Well, all I can say is I've missed this place terribly," Rawbones spoke, his low, gravelly voice rumbling as always, "Though now that we've made amends, I realize how much I've truly missed it. You were a great friend to me, and I'm glad that I can still claim that you are." This place was his home, and he intended for it to be so until the end of his days; this was where he had friends, if only few of them now, but it was the only place he belonged, and he'd have it no other way.

He refocused onto the hessian as he spoke of Jaded, his mate. Astonished, he turned to Jade as she came up closer into the group. He would not have guessed that she was his mate with the calm reaction she'd given to him earlier. He felt slightly amused by the fact he'd been talking down about Damean and Lillith right in front of her, and she'd kept cool the entire time. She must have been trying to hide something, and by the looks of it she was surprised by what Damean said as well. He smirked to her, perking his ears as she apologized for misinforming him earlier; her voice was softer than it had been earlier, and it was obvious to him that she had melted in the presence of her mate. He nodded in acceptance of her apology. If you didn't know, you didn't know, and could only give the information that you had in your head. Looking back to Damean, he knew that what he said of Jaded was true, for Lillith had been nothing but a power-hungry mongrel. She had demanded respect without any actions to prove it. Jade was obviously not the same, though he was still unsure how quickly he would accept her as an alphaess, even if Damean had such high thoughts of her anyways.

Suddenly he whipped around to see Akiko come storming over here, fire blazing in her eyes like he had not seen in a long time. The old-timer stayed in place as Akiko spoke with harsh, cold sarcasm to the returned King. Rawbones wondered what had happened, and why it made the Betess so furious that he had returned now. Surely she wasn't thirsting for power now, too? He just couldn't see that as something in her nature, and pushed it from his mind. Damean would fill him in later on what had been happening around here. For now he could do nothing but sigh as Akiko demanded his presence in private, leaving he and Jaded, that was, if she chose to stay behind with him. He wouldn't be surprised if she had better things to do. He watched them go off to have a talk, then glanced to Jaded. "Well, I think I'm going to head for the lake," he mentioned, cocking a brow, "Been there much?" The pack had often gathered there, but under a new ruler, new gathering grounds were chosen. He was not sure how often the lakeshore was visited anymore.

Shrugging, he knew he was going to go there regardless of who was there and who came with him. Flicking his tail, he turned away from Jaded, whatever she decided to do, and made his way through the dark woods to the cold lake's shore. The waters had always been dark and chilling, and it was no different now as he looked upon it. He bent to lap from its surface, and felt its icy waters fill his throat. Once satisfied, he raised his head high and looked around. There were empty dens around this area, and he padded to one in particular. It had once been Katell's den, one he'd invited himself into countless times, something she'd grown accustomed to and even enjoyed. Her scent was gone, not even a stale trace; even his own had disappated from it. He was disappointed, but it had been expected. He turned again, and spotted something else familiar. He padded over to the boulder, and it took a mighty leap for him to reach it. Then, contentedly, he flopped down upon it. Shadow's scent was gone too, and Prayer, and Sabre, Ireland and even Chained. He snorted, closing his eyes to rest and think about the past, wondering when days would come better for him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bravequestk9.com
akkanatrum
Junior Admin

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:05 am

Blade found himself enjoying this contact, despite him being solitary... or at least... formerly solitary. It seemed that all changed in a heartbeat. It was nice, really, not remember the last time he was this close to another- when he wasn't busy fighting. Since he'd joined, though, there hasn't been many wars, which he'd welcomed.

He looked up to see Damean had just returned, although... why? I'd expect him to be gone longer if he'd just left without a word. Legend had vanished around the same time as Cinder; I wonder if he knows? But, it did not matter if Damean saw him. If the former alpha was no longer alpha, he'd still feel some loyalty, but wasn't binded. Besides, he shouldn't try to get involved into pack matters at the moment unless he was literally pulled in. At this moment, it seemed he wasn't needed as he focused on Petra's voice, apparently having similar thoughts. Smirking, he said, "Yeah, I can imagine we won't be missed for a bit. Let's go, then." He started to walk away from the rest of the pack, making sure Petra was right beside him. They'd be back soon, and he figured Jaded would know why they were absent for the time being. Besides, they'd all know they'd still be within the packland.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 1:54 pm

.where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Akiko11
Ignoring the questioning stares of others when Damean conceded quietly even look a little wary she turned on her heel the moment he decided to move and strode along side of him. Easily keeping up with his long gait. Though she was furious with him there was a great sense of relief that flowed through her. If he brought news that he was not staying she would tear out his throat right now. Turning towards him for a moment she just stared at him anger in her orbs. Then closing her eyes she spoke as if she needed to concentrate better.
"Damean, I know better than to question where you went. But next time you leave me in the midst of chaos perhaps a little warning would be nice. You drop a pure wolf in my lap that I am bound to protect despite the pack's tensions with her. Your 'son' is all together too much to handle and here we have another of your illegitimate children showing up!" Her jaw was tense and her teeth were clenched as she spoke. "I told you Damean that I am not an alpha nor do I ever want to be. If I wanted to I would let myself kill you like I really want to right now. And if you even think about leaving here anytime soon then let me assure you that I shall rip you a new...well, you can use your imagination." Lids flicked up as she looked at him. The anger was still there but mainly Akiko was just tired of this bullsh.it. "What about your whelps with my sister? What were you planning there? What about Jaded. Damean you may be a dark wolf but you are not cruel to your packs."
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Pawprints : 1343
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:42 pm

Damean tried not to smile as Akiko told him off. She was right though, he had been rude, mostly to her. He sat down and let her finish, her last words were a bit of striking at him. "I'm sorry. I don't know what Legend said, I told him to spread word I would be back shortly. I had to get Exodus out of here. She just...something was amiss with her, and she's not gone. Legend didn't like that too much, and he was all hissy fussy. And where is he anyway...?" Damean had then realised his son wasn't there to greet him like Damean told him too. He then looked back at Akiko and his brow was furrowed. He stood and felt the alpha power course through him.

"Akiko. I'm staying. I'm back. I was never ment to be long, it was just longer then intended. And as for Legend. I don't think my son will...he's not even my da.mn.ed son! He's not going to be welcome here in these lands anymore. He's gone... He's like Lilith, and whoever her sire is to those whelps is nothing of me." He felt his anger boil over a little and he looked past her towards the pack. "You are right. If I am to ever leave like such again, you have permission to rip me apart. I'll even put up a little fight to please you" his words were bland, it was ment to be a joke but there was much running through Damean's head right now.

Then Akira popped up and his cold blue, now hard as stone, eyes locked onto Akiko. "Two power hungry wolves making more of a chain. Two alpha's of different lands, forming whelps of ourselves. At the time, it seemed to be a wonderous plan. I had told Jaded to not accept my offer to be my mate till after there were things said and done, she accepted in her own heart before then. I have yet to really get her thoughts on the matter, but tonight when the pack sleeps, we will speak." Damean was getting internally frustrated right now.

"Exodus is in Cinder's pack on my orders. Not only to get out of here, but to live there. Till the time is right. Who knows when the war will come into Fire and Ice." He sighed, and looked towards the pack again, then to Akiko. "And as for Akira. I'll send word to her, or go visit myself in a few days time. The whelps are just getting old enough to start their own movements and learn their own mistakes." He sighed, having seen the issue here with this courtship between him and Akira. "Akiko. Thank You. For standing ground while I was away. It wont happen again. I promise" he nodded, and waited to see how she'd react now. How she would play this to herself as a warning to him. She already had warned him, more then he should even ask for.

"I think I've taken you for granted Akiko, and I highly regret that now. You are my beta, and my friend. Though I've felt drifted from you lately. As if you don't feel the need to be here" and then Damean felt suddenly...old... His mind raced back in time to when he had come here with Lilith. And when she had demanded from everyone an ounce of their attention. And then he had caved and respected the wolves more then they should have gotten. And Akiko had been the first to say enough, and allow them passage into the lands. And they had known each other for so long here he felt old.

And then, the rain came. Damean looked up and blinked as it started to fall. It wasn't heavy, nor light, it was just a rain, and it felt...good.
Back to top Go down
https://fniwp.rpg-board.net
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 4:25 pm

Jaded~

She sat, the calm before the storm, as Akiko and her fury came forth. Jaded wished she could be like Akiko in that moment. Everyone respected her, even Damean. She was jealous of the white fem for that and it made it even more so when she took him off into the words to give him a piece of her mind.....alone. She knew what Damean had told her, that he loved her and wanted her by his side...but at the same time she wondered if it would be for real or just until he needed to make another alliance with a pack. She was bitter about the whole Akira incident. On one paw she could understand on the other it hurt to much to bear. She was confused, he sated her for a time when he called for her last but she wanted answers and sooner rather than later. He introduced her as his mate but Jaded couldn't help but feel it wasn't true yet.

Tawny auds flicked forward to unheard voices. Akiko was sure giving him an earfull. You couldn't hear what was being said but she would give him a tongue lashing that Jaded didn't envy and wished she could be there to hear what was said. She blinked emerald jewels and then Rawbones voice came to her auds. She looked toward the elder and nodded. "I have." She got the feeling the old bru wanted company and watched as he walked off. She looked to Cullen and Symphony and stood. Shaking her pelt. The pair had gotten forgotten in all the hullaballoo. Walking over to them she said. "Cullen, Symphony, I am sure Damean will be with you shortly. Would you like to accompany me and Rawbones to the lake for some refreshment?" she asked cordially. It was uncanny how this bru looked of Legend and Jaded's heart went out to him a little. She tipped her dial and padded in the direction of the lake.

Once there she immediatly spotted Rawbones. The old wolf looked tired and well, old. She turned and hoping Cullen and Symphony were close behind she asked " Do any of you hunger? I could run down a rabbit or we could have a small hunt?" Jaded needed something to do until she could have her own private audience with her love.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:14 am

.where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Akiko10

Akiko watched him with a cold and calculating gaze. She was still very much miffed at him. "Legend did not tell me that you woul dbe back shortly at all and it is not so much what he said when he passed on along you message." Mind flashed to the incident with Cinder. Then she added with a frown. "I have not seen him since I told Cinder to return to Midnight Meadows to report." Then watching him she saw and felt the sweep of power that suddenly came over Damean as if it were tangible. Her own body adjusted accoringly and so instinctually she did not even notice. The rank of beta, what she was mean to hold until the day of her death.
Though her shoulders were still tense because she felt them drop in relief at his proclomation of not leaving. So much relief that she actually reclined back on her tiny ivory haunches. Now she appeared even smaller and fragile. How...decieving. She was surprised at his sudden venom towards Legend for though he was not his true son she could not say that Damean did not care for his 'children'. But his thoughts switched direction and she decided to stay quiet until he was finished speaking. His comment about allowing her to tear him apart brought a small smirk to her lips, a small one, but still a smirk. Some of the hardness had gone out of her features as she looked at her alpha. "I shall hold you to your word Damean." She said amused
Deciding now to stay out of the affair between Damean, Jaded and Akira she was a bit sorry she brought it up. Her sister could do what she wanted as long as it didn't affect her. I guess Damean is sort of my brother-in-law. She thought with amusement. Though Akiko did agree on the point that Jaded had taken him in her heart before in reality. She did not comment on this topic and waited til he continued.
Again he switched topics to Exodus and her head titled slightly in question. Was his daughter there to spy on them? For what purpose? She knew Damean did nothing without a reason. She was not completely sure if he meant the comment about war coming to the land. Why would Midnight Meadows allie themselves with Jabbar? She hoped for the young fem's sake that she was not just being used as a tool. Now that she thought about it Midnight Meadows did not have a leader, it was still that fem Zelda. An amused thought crossed her mind at the fury the she wolf displayed when Akira tore her friend apart.What was her name? Something to do with the moon...Zoning back in she focused once more on Damean."I shall go to Akira if you permit, I need to speak to her and I don't the pack could take another absence. Plus...I'm faster than you." This time her features did light up with a friendly countenence. Her teeth flashing through her smirk.
"I think I've taken you for granted Akiko," At these words she could not help but laugh quietly. "It pleases me to hear you say that, though I have never been one for flattery." "As if you don't feel the need to be here" Her faced wiped clean of the friendliness and her hues flashed dangerously. "Damean you are a fool to think that anyone could pry me from this pack. You are my friend and my alpha, the best one we have ever had, but it is to this land that holds my ultimate loyalty and nothing will ever change that. Especially not my relationship with the alpha be it good or bad." She looked at him pointedly If she were anyone else she knew that another alpha may have attacked her for words she just spoke but alas she was Akiko and he Damean. Both friends and partners.
Auds twitched as rain spattered her coat and she too looked to the sky. A smile graced her features and her clear blue hues reflected the falling water nicely. Looking to Damean she shrugged and shook her pelt. Rising to her feet again she took a swat at him playfully. "Come the pack waits and you have a false son waiting for you." Then she turned and trotted back over to the wolves, instead of going back to Cullen and Symphony she stood next to Rawbones and Jaded and tilted her dial to both. "This is pleasant." Stating in an odly cheery mood.
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:54 am

Cullen looked at Jaded and gave her a nod before his attention was turned to Symphony. "Want to go with them?" he was giving her enough of a look that she should know he himself wanted to go even if she didn't, but if she didn't, he wasn't going to leave her side. He turned back to Jaded and smiled softly. "Well maybe we will" He looked back at Symphony and nodded. "Let's go, a nice bath, a nap" and then the rain started to fall.

Damean sighed and nodded to Akiko. "So he's been gone now. Great. And with Cinder no less. Not the best of choices...great" His paw swiped the dirt and he too sat down with her as she had. "Akiko, if you do wish to go speak with Akira, then go. You could use a break. Ask her what she needs of me when you do. Go tomorrow, if that works for you. Maybe on your way back, retrieve my son...from Midnight. No other bother though besides that. Exodus is there under their impression we've kicked her out from the pack. Long story short, it's a plan to get Midnight on our side, somewhat. It's a ploy but the truth. Who knows. I'm just testing waters." He nodded and looked towards the pack when she mentioned his false son.

"I don't want another 'false' child. I'm glad the one is gone. Taruri or whatever her name is, but I'm not sure I need to deal with another child of hers. Esh" he smirked and swung side to side as a joke, as if he were going crazy. "But you're right, most important to attend to them and everything else" He stood, and she stood walking off. He took the moment alone to prepare himself. He took a deep breath and held it for some time before it was released and then he walked over towards the pack. He barked a couple times, calling the wolves of Jabbar to join him. It was time to announce this, and that, and other things...

He walked up to Cullen and Symphony and nodded to them both. His eyes flicked back to Cullen and he sighed seeing Lilith all over this bru. "Well..." he said coming to a sitting position. "What have we here. Another son of mine?" He sighed and looked around. "I'm sorry. But what you've heard is wrong, your mother a traiotious tr.apm. mated with someone other then myself. That's all truth and honesty." he looked then at Jaded and his heart warmed a little. "If you want a mother, this pack is your mother and father now" he was being honest, and he smirked a little... Cullen just sat there, silent as a dead wolf, not saying a thing, he had only nodded before his voice broke and he smiled. "I knew it. So there is no hostile retort from me. Just an honest thanks"

Damean waited for the rest of the pack to come...
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:28 am

Jaded~

The rain felt good, cleansing. Like it was purging the confusion from the land with it's gentle, steady drone of pitter patter upon the sand. Rain, a blessing in the desert, for more than one reason. She sighed softly and enjoyed the female rain so gentle upon her hide. Akiko soon approached and sat stood close uttering the words "This is plesant." Jaded found her cherry mood confusing but she shrug it off. She was probably happy she got to rip Damean up one side and down the other with no worry of being shredded afterward. Jaded wished she had that power and grew slightly jealous for a moment. "It is isn't it?" she said with no malice in her voice. She was speaking the truth and she owed Akiko alot. She shouldn't feel that way about her friend....yes Akiko was a friend.

She looked toward Cullen and nodded but then Damean's quick barks came to her ears. "Well it looks like it will be later than sooner." she said and offered him a smile before padding toward Damean. She sat a respectable distance away and listened as his dark mug parted for words to Cullen. She felt for the young lad, who looked so much like Legend, Damean's words were true but cold. Of course she couldn't blame his feelings. Lilith betrayed him like no other could. Jaded sat and listened. Feeling as if she was put to the side again. She let her eyes hide her emotion and she sat silent. She looked to Akiko and then to Damean once more waiting to hear what Damean had to say.
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:06 pm

Damean watched as Jaded came towards him but sat away. His heart had lept a little when she moved towards him and shattered when she sat away from him. His blue gaze was locked onto her and he whimpered a little. He furrowed his brow and stood up stepped over and walked next to her and sat down. His muzzle came over and he nudged her softly under the chin. His eyes were full of question and worry. "There are alot of things the pack needs to discuss. But for now. This is what you all need to know. I'm not gone. I never was. When Cinder and Legend come back into the lands, Cullen, I want you to herd Cinder to a den and keep her there. Symphony, keep an eye on Legend, these are your first two tasks, if it's something you cannot handle then speak up to a pack member and they will take charge, just cover for back up as they would to you."

Damean felt a surge run through his body as Jaded's body heat pressed onto him. He knew that he would want her when she was in season, but now, as she just sat there normal he felt the power to protect and claim course all through him. He felt himself grow a bit angry and then looked to Akiko before adressing the pack again. "Akiko is going to Muerta to see her sister and speak with her. I'm going to pull Jaded to a secluded space and talk with her...and Rawbones and Akiko if she wishes to come.. Like I said, please keep an eye out. If wolves come, spread the message. I'm depending on that from you all." His eyes then landed on Rawbones and he gave his old friend a smile. "Please come" Damean turned away and stepped from the scene. He walked into the brush and went to a high ground. He could see where he was just standing with the pack moments before, but they wouldn't be able to hear all he said here. Damean sat down and turned back speaking towards them.

"There is alot at play here, for only a few of you to know. Jaded, you are my love, and my mate. And I'm sorry I've been neglecting you as of late. I don't know how to...'make up' for it, but I know I can do better. I feel myself growing absent as we drift" He wasn't afraid to speak any of this infront of Rawbones, or anyone else. He loved Jaded, though it had taken him a while to tell her such, he felt like a fool. Damean then looked through them now and spoke quickly and quietly.

"I fear I've made some choices I shouldn't have, and made some choices that should have been made sooner. Legend cannot be apart of this pack any longer. Exodus and I had a talk, before you came to the lone lands Jaded, and he's gone...more south then I'll allow in my pack. He's a dark wolf, as we all are, but his darkness isn't something that should walk these lands. He's angry towards everything and everyone, and it's a trait I wont allow he. He is the I in team...he is the number one wolf that stands out in a pack of sheep. He wants the power, and the title, instead of the pack having the power and title as one together." Damean sighed and looked down at his paws.

"I feel ashamed that he is my...'son' and he's like so, but there is nothing I can do about it. If you have objections, then speak up. But as alpha male, I stress this matter. Next though, is Exodus. She's not banished from the packlands, she's on a mission to spread the word so that she is. She's like me, though not blood. She's softer like I am and understanding. She's in Midnight Meadows right now. Not as a spy, though I think that they may fear she is. But she is there as my voice. Midnight Meadows is closer to us then all can think. From wolves coming and going, my help there, their help here. Cinder and Petra. If war was to come. I would never let Petra suffer harm on them or us. This is a pack we will not attack, but will aid if they allow it. I know it's strange, a dark pack and a pure pack as one. I'm a strange alpha."

Damean stopped speaking and let them think their own on these matters and speak up...
Ooc:|| I posted Damean like this, if it bugs you guys let me know. I just wanted to have him speaking to them now.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:12 pm

~Jaded~

Emerald hues watched as the ebony king came forth and sat next to her. His touch sent tingles down her spine and she saw the worry in his eyes before he began speaking to the pack. It had suprised her that he had sat so close and relished in the closeness. Leaning into his body ever so slightly and letting her plume wrap around his haunch. It was all she could do not to press herself further. She craved the closeness, his scent, his attention. She had waited for it so so long. Then his words came to say that he requested her presence away from the pack and her heart grew hopeful that they would have time alone but then he added Rawbones and Akiko's name to the list. She flicked a tawny aud, the only sign of her irritation but you really wouldn't have known it. She followed Damean, his sandy shadow as he moved to higher ground. She sat close to him allowing her guardhairs to brush gently against his. She listened to his words and her eyes shone for him alone. "I love you too Damean...more than you shall ever know." she wanted to say but she held her tongue as he went into more pressing matters.

Legend. Her heart clenched as he talked about banishing his son for the packlands. She understood the reasons but never allowing him back even for a visit. She had to speak with Damean on this. Legend was like her son too. When his tongue turned to Exodus she was glad she was safe. Then she heard words coming from the dark king that she hadn't expected. Damean wanted to make an alliance with the pures, she was taken aback slightly just because it was unexpected. Good things and bad had come from that pure pack. What had made Damean decide so? She was curious she held silent and wondered if she should speak first or allow the others to first.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

Pawprints : 1290

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 11:01 pm

.where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Rawbones-1

Rawbones was grateful for Jaded's company as she joined him near the lake, as did the others shortly after. Though he had dozed off a bit, reminiscing to himself and glimpsing the old pack features, he perked up as Akiko came to them. She seemed oddly cheery, but it made him feel better so he had nothing to complain about. He stood and came up next to her, breathing in the old familiar scent. It was refreshing and comforting. He watched as Damean soon followed, calling his pack to him. It seemed not many were here for the time being, but he needed to share news with them anyways. Little of it had anything to do with him and his old mind drifted for a few moments, though his ears flicked as he caught his name, and he dipped his head in acknowledgement.

He followed the small grouping to a more secluded area, and seated himself more comfortably as Damean began to speak. It seemed he needed to say a few words to Jaded at first, and he wondered why the King had dragged them over here. But it was over soon enough, with the conclusion he supposed that Damean would be spending more time with her later, after all business was attended to. Then he moved on to the subject of Legend. All he could do was wonder as to who exactly it was. He'd gotten the notion that it was Damean's son, or ex-son, he wasn't quite sure on that but he was confused by Damean's accusations upon the brute. It didn't seem the right time to rid the pack of more wolves, especially those of the darkest hearts. He felt his brow furrowing, and he stood, scratching the ground with uncertainty.

Soon the subject changed to Exodus, and where she was and why. Rawbones gaped, tail standing stiff in the air. For a moment he did not breathe, but then it finally burst out. "Damean, did someone drop you on your head?" he demanded, soon regretting that he'd spoken up but it was already too late; he might as well finish his thought, "Sending our wolves to the enemy, from which we've thieved and murdered? None of which was regretted, not by me, nor anyone I know! Then attempting to ally with them, and casting out or own, rightfully dark pack members? Damean, you... you can't be serious." He was not challenging his alpha's decisions, but he was extremely astonished. He did not like the idea of merging with the pure pack. He had fought in a war with Muerta against said pures, and he had aided in killing off their wolves. He felt no remorse in taking their lives and ruining them, and even if allied, was not sure he ever would.

Suddenly he glanced around to Jaded, and then Akiko. What did they think on the matter? Were they ready to befriend a pack that they had previously been against? Then his silver gaze turned back to Damean. He had never heard of such an uproareous suggestion in his life. It had always been the goal of darks to destroy the light and rule the lands in chaos. It was more interesting that way; peace with mortal enemies just didn't make sense to him. He paced for a few moments, then, snorting, he sat down, waiting for someone to say something else.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:50 pm

Akiko nodded to Jaded and soon enough Damean called the pack together. As if she didn't have enough to think about with their recent discussion. Well, being correctly placed back as the beta she was now more content. Rising and following Jaded she looked at the ebon hessian curiously. Yes, she was going to see Akira and her offspring. She wondered what was going on with Cinder though. Then he called them away for a private meeting and again rising she turned and followed him. She wondered why he had called Rawbones with them as well. Though she supposed that she probably would have too.
Nodding in approval of Damean claim on Jaded as his mate she further listened. As he went on about Legend a frown began to etch onto the white dame's features. Her tassle twitched in an agitated way. She had always liked Legend as a pup and enjoyed teaching him some things. The way that Damean described him now was very much the way he had become and she did not like it. He would not be allowed in the pack then why did Damean wish her to retrieve him on her way back? "Damean are you sure that there is no way for Legend to return?" It was obvious that Jaded was a bit stirred by this as well.
Rawbones outrage sort of eclipsed her comment and she cocked her dial towards the brujo. Listening she nodded. She was in agreement with some of his points. Looking at Damean she reclined on her haunches and let out a breath. "Damean, Midnight will not ally with us. They fear us too much. There is far to much bad blood, literally on our paws. Rawbones is right, we have murdered their kind before and before you were even in these lands we raided and destroyed a lot of their pack and lands." Pausing she sighed again. "I know there is still some there that remember those times. I worry for Exodus, does she not wish to live with us?" For some reason she was in such a thoughtful mood. Usually she didn't give a damn.
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:49 pm

Damean listened to them. They had a point. "You do make an interesting point. There are parts about the packs I do not know. Maybe bringing Exodus back home wouldn't be such a bad idea. There is just the issue between her and Legend..." He sighed and looked towards the distant pack. "She feels uncertain around him. He explained what happened, with Cinder..." he sighed and then smiled. "Which I understand. Akiko. I know you have an agreement to train her, what is that about?" he then looked to Rawbones. "You've both inspired me. Maybe we'll leave Exodus to spy, to work her way into their hearts. And when the time comes... well you know the rest. Shock, pain, agony..." he nodded. "What do you think. If the darkness stays at bay until the time comes for it to rise again? Louder and more Deadly then before?"

Damean wanted their honest opinion. "I think I have lost my mind Rawbones, which is why I have you three here with me now." he sighed and looked to Jaded. "And as for Legend... I'm... I do not know...I don't know what to say or do at this point..."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:34 pm

~Jaded~

She listened to the three other wolven take their turns spilling theri lyrics. She agreed with Akiko in her view of Legend. She wanted her son home just as any mother would but she also knew the hurt Damean felt. It was the same hurt she felt when Legend attacked Exodus. But these were dark lands and often violence was the way of the wolf when you walked the land of shadows. Jaded didn't have to agree with that it was just a fact of life. She flicked her tail, almost identically to Akiko. The same thoughts were surely running through their heads. She sighed and opened her maw speaking beyond her years. "The future holds what the future holds Damean but what we need to deal with is the now. The subject of Midnight can wait for the moment. " She touched her nose lightly to his shoulder to comfort him. She knew this was stressful for him, especially so if he thought he was loosing his mind. "You need rest and a good meal first off to get your head together. You have to be exausted. I think that both Exodus and Legend should come home. For a meeting of sorts to find out what exactly is going on between them." She paused a moment and knew that in front of the other two her words should be safe. "Damean...Legend and Exodus might not be of your blood but you are their father. You are the one that raised them, you are the one that loved them as only a father could. Being a father doesnt' nessasarily mean that you a connected by blood. And for that matter, your children didn't know the difference until they got older. You cannot shun them away Damean...they are your children, even if they are grown." Jaded wanted to say the word "Our" but she refrained. She hoped he wouldn't feel she was attacking him on the subject. She kept her words soft and level and stepped close rubbing her head against his shoulder. She lifted her muzzle to his ear and whispered so only he could hear. "You are the Dark King, Damean Jager. Do not forget who you are." She licked the tip of his ear and looked back to the other two wolves.

She wished they were alone. As it was she had shown more affection that she thought she should have just yet. She reclined on her sandy haunches and let out a sigh. She looked at Akiko, a hint of gratitude in her eyes. As much as she had been jealous of the white vix in the past she had helped Jaded also. She looked up at Damean's azure eyes and met them with her own emeralds. She hoped there was no trace of the tenativeness she felt in them. She gave him a soft smile and waited his response.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Pawprints : 1889

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:32 am

Blade casually walked back towards the main pack, wondering if anything happened while he and Petra were gone. He glanced back, to make sure she was close by, which he had no doubt she was. Glancing ahead, he wondered how the others were treating Damean. Perhaps with an original wave of anger and abandonment before asking him what happened to make him leave. He assumed that their former king would at least be allowed to stay for now if not return to his former position.

The pack eventually returned to his sight and he looked at their numbers, remembering when he had just first arrived to the pack. Many of the former pack members he remembered were gone and now the wolves who had arrived since then filled in the gaps. It was a little bothersome to not really know these newcomers, though...
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:46 am

Akiko listened to Damean and thoughts whirled in her mind. If Exodus was to stay in Midnight would she be happier or be miserable? There had always been a softness in her that had not been in her brother, though Akiko had never judged her for that. She was born a dark wolf and they were often quite deceiving. And what if Midnight found out that she was there to gather information? She knew the pures not to be so noble as to show abuse to a traitor. She worried for the you she wolf. Though there was some thought in her mind that Exodus was not there solely on pack business.
A smile played on the corners of her lips when Damean refered to Cinder and she shrugged. "Us small wolves need to stick together, though I suppose with your plan this plays well right into it. Perhaps we shall pull this madness off yet Damean." Plume curled 'round her paws, the gesture showing with her fluffy tail tucked in just how quite small she was. Like a young wolf just out of puphood almost...

Attention was drawn to Jaded as she indicated that they should delay these matters for another time. She nodded in agreement. She was tired and was a while since she had her own share of meat. Soon she would be departing for her sister's pack and would need the energy for the run. "I think a pack hunt would much alleviate the tension of late and the boredome." She mused almost to herself. Sleep was something that Akiko needed as well..she was getting airy in her mind..
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:13 pm

Damean licked Jaded's cheek as she spoke. She was right, first off there was the need of Legend and Exodus. There was much to be said and done. His orbs danced over to Akiko and then to the silence of Rawbones. "Well. A hunt does sound good. A very good idea indeed. As a whole, of the pack." He stood and nodded. "Until the two arrive. We'll pretend their not part of the pack. Ignore the fact of going to see Legend before your sister Akiko. But when you see her, tell her I'll come by shortly, soon after you." He nodded and then turned to Jaded. "Shall we all go now?"

Damean didn't wait for an answer. He walked around them and then back. The wolves were all still there. He looked at them with soft eyes and a big smile. "We hunt!" he nodded and looked at them all. "Blade, I want you and Jaded to go to the East. And you!" He called over towards Eris. "If you bid to join the pack, then follow with them. Crow I want you and Petra to head towards the west. As for myself. I will go with Cullen and Symphony and Akiko North. Rawbones. If you wish to join in the hunt I say go with Jaded and Blade. If you wish to stay behind we will return shortly, it's up to you." He nodded and headed outwards towards the north.

"We hunt for the weakest and make that double. We feast tonight. We fatten up. I fear the winter will drop on us suddenly this year. Extra stock will be nice." And Damean lead the group with him out, his other first calls would go with the rest in their directions. "Hunt as a unit. We have three. Kill as one." He barked out the command to go.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:39 am

~Jaded~

She felt Damean's soft kiss on her cheek and it brought warmth to her heart. Jaded looked at Akiko as she spoke and she echoed the thought. A hunt would serve greatly. Bond the pack and fill bellies, after all a full belly makes a content wolf. It would help the tension settle. Then her aud twitched at Damen's orders to Akiko reguarding her sister. "...tell her I'll come by shortly, soon after you." Jaded's heart clentched. Even though Damean said no love was involved whenever he spoke of her it was like he was speaking of the "other woman." She looked away to mask her eyes and then turned back to Damean offering a soft smile and a nod as her answer.

She listened to his commands and her heart fell once more. Damean had decided to take Akiko, Cullen, and Symphony with him...not her. She nodded and trotted off to find Blade, hurt creeping her heart but keeping it well hidden. He must have his reasons. She sighed and then spotted Blade, her old friend. "Lo Blade!" she called trying to make her voice sound happier then she felt at the moment but she did offer her friend a genuine smile. She was happy for him and Petra truly, even if she was jealous of the ease of their love. "We hunt." She was sure he would have caught Damean's words and already knew but she spoke the words anyways. "We are to head east. Do you think that Petra would join us?" she asked not wanting to leave the hybrid out. "She is most welcome." she offered Blade, knowing that Petra might balk because Jaded herself was in the party. She still didn't understand why the fem disliked her so much she had never done anything to her. But Blade was her friend and she was happy they had eachother...you love whom you love...just like herself. Hopefully Petra would decide quickly..if not Jaded would excuse herself to scout ahead to make the hybrid more comfortable.

She glanced back at Damean's party which was heading out, a soft longing in her eyes.

Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

Number of posts : 472
Pawprints : 817
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:02 pm

.where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Crow10

Crow's ears perked happily at Damean's words. A hunt would not be more welcome now. It made him realize how famished he really was. 'West,' his mind turned the direction over. Surely some good deer or at least ram would be around for the taking. He smiled to Petra, but Jaded's words soon caught in his ears. He turned with a warm smile. He knew of Jaded and Damean's love, and it gave some much needed happiness. The ghost approached Jaded and bowed briefly. "With all due respect, Damean did send Petra to hunt with me. However," He looked to the hybrid femme, addressing her as well, "Wherever she chooses is fine with me. I have no problem hunting alone if she so chooses."

Crow would have liked to get to know another packmate better, but if hunting with Blade and Jaded was more to her liking, then he could accept it. Sometimes he wondered if being a loner was more of his style. His large pads shuffled in the dirt, nerves rising. He was eager to leave. "We'd best be going soon, though. Don't want bad form before the boss now, do we?"
Back to top Go down
http://asediado.tumblr.com
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:21 pm

~Jaded~

She saw Crow's ghostly form approach and was slightly shocked to see him bow to her. His lyrics then hit her auds and she felt foolish. She had been preoccupied in thought and had not realized that Damean had called upon Crow to go with Petra west until just now. "Forgive me Crow. My mind has been...occupied.' she said sincerly. Then looked to Blade and Petra. "By all means you and Petra can hunt together. After all it was Damean's orders. She looked to Petra and gave her a friendly wag of her sand hued plume. She hoped the fea didn't take it the wrong way. She saw Crow was itching to leave and gave him a smile at his comment. "Or if it would please her, Petra can hunt with Blade and you and I can hunt together Crow. I am sure Damean wouldn't mind the switch. Everyone here is more than competant."

She was trying to be a calm stream instead of the rushing rapid that she felt inside. Go with the flow Jaded...she told herself. She and Damean would get their time and if she could help Blade get his time with Petra she would. Jealousy still flared in her blood against Akiko and Damean getting time together and for Blade and Petra. She let out a butterfly sigh, trying to release the emotion into the sky above to get it out of her. She let her plume sway gently and looked in turn to each of the three wolven around her.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:48 pm

.where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Eris210

Eyeing him for a moment he seemed to show her a vulnerability and he knew it. Instead of commenting on it she merely grinned and was about to open her maw to speak but there was a call for their attention. Dial turned as she was commanded by the dark brujo Damean to go with Jaded and another male East. Hmm, well it seemed that he was back eh? Shame she sort of missed Akiko's small frame ordering those about her around. Walking towards them behind Crow she was not a ghostly color but still only a ghost in this pack. Emerald hues glanced about as the parties split.

Stepping around crow she inclined her head to Jaded and Blade. "But it is I that was commaded to go with them and perhaps a larger party is too much?" She ventured, sounding not all that enthusiastic.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:54 pm

Akiko's cerulean hues fell upon Damean and wondered why he revoked his request that she stop by and gather Legend but she would not question. Actually it had been some time since the pair had left and Akiko wondered at the absence. Then he gave her a message to give Akira and again she wondered why he would be leaving the pack. Had he not already told her that he would be staying. It better be a short visit Damean She thought a little venomously.
Then a call for a hunt as she request. Smiling now at a more simpler task at hand she stretched forward loosing her muscles. She felt them pop along her spine and anticipated feeling the soft flesh give way under her razors. Without comment she turned and followed Damean tassle lashing in excitment. Hopefully they would find good game, the summer normally brought many herds about here but who knew?
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Pawprints : 1889

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:57 pm

Blade heard Jaded greet him and turned to face her. "Hey, Jaded," he replied. He noticed Crow and one he not yet knew speak up. It seemed that Jaded wanted to allow Petra and himself to be together while the other two voiced listening to instructions before Crow added that he didn't mind. He turned to say to him, "It's good to see you again, Crow. I saw you earlier, but was preoccupied at the time."

He turned to look at the others and said, "I don't mind not hunting with Petra this time," he offered Petra an apologetic grin, "I mean... I don't believe I've met her yet," he nodded towards Eris, "and it'd be nice to know my newer pack mates better," unknowingly voicing out Crow's thoughts. Turning to Eris, he said, "Call me Blade."
Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

Number of posts : 472
Pawprints : 817
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:14 am

.where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Crow10

The hellion gave Jaded his full attention as she spoke to him, shaking her head with a smile at her first chosen words. "Nothing to forgive. A slip of the mind happens to all of us." For a dark he could be uncharacteristically kind-hearted. He turned to Eris, wanting to chuckle at her lack of enthusiasm. Soon enough, another voice was lent to his ears. Another bru. Blade seemed to be friendly enough. He turned his clown'ssmile upon him, nodding politely. "Likewise, Blade. Seems as though we've both got our business."

Crow easily took note of the love between Blade and Petra, just as he had with Damean and Jaded. At least some of them had something good going around here. Were he in Blade's place, he would have surely welcomed the opportunity to hunt with his mate, whether there were others to meet or not. He would relish every moment he had with a loved one. Maybe it was just because he had lost his far too soon. Well, the past was behind him, and the future awaited. Crow's visage turned on Petra, just as his bird flapped down to perch just before his rump. "I don't believe we've ever really spoken. It'll be a welcome opportunity to hunt with you, Petra. That is," he added jokingly, "If you don't object to Blade's wishes..."
Back to top Go down
http://asediado.tumblr.com
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:07 am

Rawbones listened silently to the rest of them as they conversed, mostly seeming to agree with his own outburst. He grinned minorly as Akiko was the first to agree, watching her small form sit, tassel wrapped around her base. How petit she was, with a coat of pure ivory and eyes as sharp as ice... he shook his head, looking away from her to cease his foolish musings. He was too desperate of late, which needed to end. He would find someone when the time was right. Instead, he focused on the issue at hand, involving the enemies that had always been theirs. He had to say, he was a little surprised but content that his opinion was meaning something in this situation. Even Damean seemed to have a change in heart, and his eyes narrowed with amusement, tail flicking as the dark King came up with an entirely new idea. He nodded his head, acknowledging his new ideas, but it seemed that would be put aside for a later time.

A hunt was in order. It seemed a much better expenditure of time at the present, though he was more than tired from his journey back home. Nevertheless, he would stretch every ounce of energy in his body to the limits, and he would join in this hunt. A snort was issued as he was offered to stay behind. "I'm not that old," he muttered, trying to convince himself that it was the truth. Flicking his tail defiantly, he marched over to the group he was assigned should he choose to join in. Jaded and Blade were with a group of wolves decided who was to go with whom. Personally, he did not really care, so he would allow them to figure it out. All he was concerned about right now was keeping up with the younger wolves of the pack. He did not yet want to be looked upon as an elder, not until he was too decrepit to move and eat on his own.

Petra padded back into the main packlands right behind Blade, flashing him a smile as he glanced back at he to see if she was coming. Her curved tassel waved happily, feeling more confident than she had - ever. As Blade joined the other pack members, Damean's voice entered her auds from afar, and she bounded over to join them all. She heard Jaded inviting her to join she and Blade, though Damean had instructed otherwise. Then Crow joined them to correct her, though no one seemed to know what to do. She was about to declare that they should simply do what Damean demanded, when Blade spoke up.

She flattened her ears as he said he didn't mind not going with her this time, wishing he could have at least sugarcoated what he was saying. She glared at Eris, annoyed that Blade would have rather gotten to know a new pack member than hunt at her side when he had a choice, but she turned away. She had to control her jealousy and get over it - socialization was a normal function within the pack, and everybody was entitled to enjoy another's company, even her mate. Giving herself a shake, she padded over to Crow, though was a little started as a bird fluttered down to roost on him. He seemed undisturbed, so she assumed the bird was well-known.

She smirked as Crow spoke, and shook her head. They had never spoken, as far as she recalled, though she had seen him around several times, recently and much longer ago. "No, Blade's right, we should get to know our pack mates," she said quietly, her shyness showing through, though with more confidence she added, "What better way than a hunt? I'm an excellent hunter, by the way..." With that she turned to the west, where they were to begin their hunt, tassel flicking as she set into hunting mode, nose to the ground. Already the scents of prey were flooding her nostrils, and a rush of excitement flooded through her body..
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 9:03 am

~Jaded~

"Then everything is settled then." Jaded had caught Petra's look to Eris and relized what the problem was. Petra looked at Eris the same way that Petra looked at herself. Petra was jealous. She cocked her head and then shook the thought away. She would have to talk to Blade about it, make him aware so he wouldn't make a misstep, Petra was so sensitive. "Crow you shall go with Petra and Blade, Eris, and I shall go together. Rawbones you may choose your party. I am sure we could use your skills for taking down something big if you want to come with us." Jaded knew she should have insisted the old wolf come with them. She would set the pace so he wouldn't have to struggle too much but not be obiously slow to compensate for him. Vain creatures, the elderly.

As she waited for the grizzled wolf's reply she again looked in the direction Damean had gone. Her heart felt tight but then she shook her pelt to rid herself of the feeling. Was she as jealous as Petra or was her feelings of being set aside once again real? She shifted her paws, now anxious to go. Doing something would help get her mind of the feelings overwhelming her heart.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:09 am

.where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Rawbones

Rawbones watched as the groups got themselves together, and Jaded gave the final orders. He assumed no further arguements would ensue - after all, she was Damean's mate, which made her an alphaess by relation. He swelled slightly as she invited him to choose whichever group he wished, for his skills would be needed. With a big wolfish grin he padded over to she and Eris, expecting to head out soon. "I assure you while I may be old and sore, I have no intention of allowing it to slow me down," he murmured to her. His paws ached and he felt stiff without rest for so long, but he would not let that stop him. He'd always kept in good shape, and he was sure that it would show now, it just had to. Readying himself, he watched as the young and boisterous Petra rushed off, and he smirked, remembering a time when she'd been nothing more than a scrap of fluff with no hope. She had certainly grown since her days with Macwise and Zeek. Must have been due to that brute, Blade, whom she so obviously doted upon.

Petra looked back as Jaded finally settled things, and their groups were decided. So it seemed that she and Blade would hunt together anyways. While they were still with another pack member that neither of them knew too well; this would be a good chance to cooperate with others of the pack. There would be more time in the future to learn of other packmates, and she knew it was for the best. Besides a hunter of the pack, Petra was also the Lead Healer, and she needed to know each of the wolves well if she were to care for them properly, should anything happen. It also wouldn't hurt to know each of their personalities to a degree so she might notice when another wasn't feeling well - some wolves were just too stubborn for their own good, and despite her shyness, she was sure to tell them what was best for them and refuse to allow anything otherwise.

Now more than ready for the hunt to begin, she bounded off a bit, tail wagging instinctively, drawing in more scents as she moved away from the others. If she detected something in the distance, she would alert the others - prey were too stupid to recognize any difference between a howl of meeting, or a howl representing the hunt. Her expert nose instantly caught on to the scent of moose deeper in the woods, where, despite the fire, the undergrowth had grown thick in the presence of much water. The moose would no doubt be indulging on the lushious greens that grew there. Her light voice soon filled the air, calling to her hunting party, and with excitement pulsing through her limbs, she began to make her way through the woods like wind, swift and unstoppable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo   .where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

.where the yellow brick road took a different turn. [Main Bo
Page 7 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next