Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

|In the [shadow] of a Mountain|

Go down 
+2
Moohn
Silent
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Silent
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2009-01-11

|In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:09 am

Despair nodded his head but did not elaborate on the oasis. She would see it soon enough. Stepping back he paused thinking. "Yes, Jack did me a great service. He is a good mate should think." Reassured that she was good to her word he turned and padded away where a young hessian sat looking at him. They looked alike, Despair and this young hessian. He nosed the youth's shoulder and they both proceeded away, not before the young bru glanced back a strange glint in his eye. Yes, he looked like Despair but there was an edge there that did not belong to the senior.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:21 pm

Calypso

"He is a very good mate." She said softly before she tipped her dial and watched Despair leave. Her blue eyes followed him to the young hessian that he approached. They were very similar could it be his son or at the very least brothers. Calypso watched them take their leave and caught the glance that the younger bru gave. She flicked her tail but gave no other sign she noticed then turned and padded back to Yana and her children. "We have finally arrived." She said to Yana touching his shoulder with his nose in friendship. "Despair has granted me a place to stay. Once the pups are settled and you have rested and eaten Yana I need you to go back home to Jack and the others. He needs you. I am safe here." She assured Yana.

She picked up her daughter and motioned for Yana to follow. Never had she dreamed she would be running cross the country with such young pups and was glad...at least for a while...the journey had ended. It was so blasted hot and dry in this country. She missed the cool breeze off the ocean and the salt in the air...she missed her mate and her heart ached at the thought. Slipping into the cool dark of the den she sighed and settled her young daughter and waited for Yana to place her son next to his sibling. "Oh my children.." she whispered softly. "I thirst." she said and began to look around. the den. Despair said it was underground and she would need water to make milk for her pups.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:03 pm

He was watching from where he sat, unable to hear, but able to make sure Calypso was doing alright. She was looking his direction quite a few times- probably a maternal instinct. This was actually an ideal place to settle, assuming one could survive. It wasn't hidden, but located where most wolves would shy away from. The land was harsh, seeming to only accept the toughest. It wouldn't have been difficult for Yana himself to get here, used to harsh conditions, but it was different with a mother and pups.

After a while, his alphess came back, stating that this, indeed, was the pack, although he had guessed it so. Nodding, he picked up the other pup, following her to a den towards what seemed to be the center of the claimed area. The British Columbian wolf set the brother down next to the sister. "I'm sure you'll be fine here. Besides, if anything happens, I know how to get here." He tilted his head, "There's water near here, isn't there?" The scent of a large supply of water was very clear, in this dry land. He glanced down at the two figures. Through their travels, he'd actually grown quite attached to the two, and hoped that any dangers wouldn't tread this far into this desolate land.

Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 6:48 pm

Calypso

She nodded to Yana. "I am sure we will. Despair seems honorable." she said softly to Yana and smiling as he set her son, Caspian, down next to his sister. She sighed softly looking at them as they curled about eachother and settled comfortable in the cool dark. Calypso looked back at Yana as he spoke of water. "Yes there is. Though I am not sure how we get there....it is underground, from what I understand." She said and looked at her packmate. She knew he would hurry home and would be able to find them again when it was time. And at that moment Calypso felt very alone. Yana, her packmate, would be leaving her. Jack wasn't with her nor Liar. She would be here with her pups in a land of strangers. Her heart thudded. She hoped it wouldn't be for long.

"Perhaps we should ask someone to show us?" she said and slipped out of the den and sat at it's entrance looking about for someone to ask. She glanced at Yana. "I have to tell you again my dear friend...thank you. We wouldn't have made it without you." She wagged her tail and nosed his shoulder after he would slip from the den.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Pawprints : 1938

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:29 am

A young sandy colored bru came barreling over a dune, half falling over himself in the process. Skidding to a halt in front of the pair of wolves it took him a moment to get his bearings. Getting his footing back he shook his pelt and sand flew out. Plopping abruptly back on his haunches he flashed a lopsided grin. His fur in a disarray emphasizing his youth. "Hi! I'm Spite! Despair told me to help you get water, though I think you can handle drinking it alone." He was a bit of a goofy looking character but all good intentions. A bit of a shooting star in such a solemn place. Sitting there for a moment he exclaimed "Oh!" I should not have gotten so comfy!" He jumped up in a hyper sort of fashion. "Come with me!" He said happily. He then turned and started to pad away..
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:36 am

Calypso

The young sand colored bru skidded to a halt in front of them. Calypso flicked her obsidian ears forward and couldn't help but smile at the youngster's grin. "Hello Spite. I do think we can handle drinking it if you would be so kind to show us the way." She said softly and looked to Yana. "Would you guard the pups while I drink?" she asked softly then Yana could follow her scent to water. Or perhaps the youngster would show him the way as well. She just didn't want to leave the pups unguarded...not yet. She didn' t know how the pack here felt about her presence. She smiled to Yana a grateful smile and padded after the youngster when he seemed to snap back to reality and call her to follow.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:07 am

Yana followed Calypso when she exited the den and grinned at her next words. Before he could respond, he noticed a wolf approaching, blending in with the surroundings... or would have. His amused eyes watched the youngster's progress, who stopped in front of them, sand flying, saying he was sent to show them the way to the water. Calypso voiced her worries of leaving her pups unattended, and he nodded. "Take your time. I'm used to this climate, so I'll be able to wait for my turn," he told her, a smile on his face to show he was serious.

He watched them leave, Spite first, then turned back to the den. He went back inside the den for the moment, wondering if pups were vulnerable to semi-sudden climate changes. If they were, then at least there'd be a bit of body heat in the den so they could get used to being completely shaded and cool, rather than still being in the hot, dry weather. Yana laid down in front of the pups, but closer to the entrance, head sticking out of the den. His sense of hearing primarily focused on the movement of the pups behind him, who seemed to be content for the moment, while his eyes scanned what was outside the den.
Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

Number of posts : 472
Pawprints : 817
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:01 pm

|In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Vega10

Vega watched Despair fraternizing with the alphess, expressionless and patient. So she was headed to that lovely oasis? He smiled to himself. What fun. The brujo had definitely calmed down since his first days here, living an easier life, indifferent to the climate, no enemies to disturb his sanctuary. A place still lingered in his heart for Temptation, but she was long gone now, taking of with her sister and never returning like she had promised. She toyed with him, just like all the others had. No matter. It was his way of life, and he accepted the consequences sans emotion.

Ceruleans scanned the femme carefully, looking good for a woman who had just given birth not so long ago. A smile dabbled on and off across his maw, looking more like a twitch, really. As the youngster led her happily, he rose to his feet and followed at a distance. He wouldn't intrude too much, just enough to grab her conversation as she rested. He hoped she wouldn't notice him tailing them. He wouldn't have minded, really, but it could turn a situation awkward and ruin it for him, no matter how slim his chances.

Last edited by BlaqkMoonlight on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://asediado.tumblr.com
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:48 pm

|In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Merlin-caveSpite happily led the alphess towards a low split in the ground. "Some of us don't like it down here, so they travel the extra distance to the woods at the edges of the packs territory." Looking back at her he smiled to reassure her then slipped into the dark crevice. It was dark but there was a strange natural glow about the place that allowed for vision. Almost immediately there was water and he stepped into undaunted, the air was thick and moist. "Here it is" He whispered. If you were to talk loud there was an echo that lasted for an unpleasant amount of time. He hoped it didn't frighten her, he didn't really want to walk her to the woods right now.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:03 pm

Calypso

The alphess of the Black Pearl followed, sapphire hues looking across the barren landscape and her black thorns tipped forward to the youngster's words as they approached a dark split in the landscape. "I see.." She replied to his words about some of the pack not liking the dark crevase. She followed him and flicked an ear to catch sound and the water came thick to her nostrils. The soft glow made the place seem sacred and it was enhanced by Spite's whisper. It reminded her of some of the caves carved out by the sea along their coast...so fear was not an emotion that fell upon her...awe was. How they could stumble upon such a treasure in this barren landscape.

"Thank you Spite." She said hardly above a whisper and stepped forward to lap at the water that was suprisingly cold. Her delicate maw felt the life giving liquid run down her parched throat and she drank long to satisfy her needs. She stepped lightly into it and let it cool her weary paws, her dark form reflecting barely as a shadow in the water below. "This is truely an oasis." She said softly to the youngster that was her guide here.
She hadn't noticed the dark hessian that had followed them.
Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:05 am

'This truly is an oasis..." The words echoed as much in the cavern as they did in his auds. What a lovely voice. "It is, isn't it?" His voice responded lowly behind the femme. If she looked, Calypso could see Vega's shadow just shy of hers in the pool. He passed her a friendly smile and lapped up a bit of the water on his own. The young and handsome hessian had continued his pursuit after not having run into any trouble on the way. It had taken him a bit of effort not to snicker well-manneredly at Spite's words as to the fear of entering the oasis. To find such a treasure on the other side was worth the thrill. He looked up from his drink, the eerie glow of the cave seeming to shed a subtle and captivating light on his baby blues. They did the same for Calypso for what he could see, and he suddenly found himself all the more enthralled. He didn't show it, however, hiding coolly behind a mask of calm.

"It's a good life we have here. You should think of taking an extended stay, Calypso." The name rolled off his tongue with a sort of beckoning presence, and though he didn't necessarily intend for it to come out so, he sometimes couldn't help it, even when he wanted to. "I'm sorry if I seem so forward," he said innocently, dabbling a paw in the clear pool, "It's just, you strike me as interesting. And just as well, I hear of my brother residing in your lands. You do know Lennox, correct?" Blah blah, a boring conversational point. He couldn't care less about his brother being alive or dead, the happy little prick. But anything to get the ball rolling. And so long as Jack wasn't here to stop him... let the plundering begin.
Back to top Go down
Starrlight

Starrlight

Number of posts : 220
Pawprints : 321

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 12:51 pm

Small paws thudded on the ground as she sprinted through the harsh terrain, pace faster now that she knew she was getting close. She had caught his scent after weeks of scouring Fire and Ice, and now, she wasn't letting go. She didn't regret leaving. When Evon had visited, bringing news of the death of her family, she had needed to go herself, to see. It was still impossible to believe that the Lacrimosa were all gone. She had thought the council gods once, back when she still took orders. She had adored having a purpose, but now, there was nothing for it. For when she went, it was proved true. Everything, and everyone, she had once known, vanished like dust in the wind.

What she regretted was not informing Vega. Stupid, stupid, stupid move! Her mind had been so blown by the news, though.... in some ways, she had still been holding out hope of one day redeeming herself and going back. Not now. She hadn't wanted to tell him. There are some things that one must do alone. But she could have spoken with him about it.

It was too late now. Part of her was scared, and hated her for seeking him out. He'll never forgive you for being gone so long. Turn around, leave the memories of your parting as bright, pleasant moments, not the argument and dismissal that is sure to come now. But most of her yearned for nothing more than to see him again. Something about him had taken her in completely, so that even after their short time together, she could think of nothing else. And if there was one thing Temptation knew, it was that life was too short to not take exactly the actions that one wanted to take.

Giddy with excitement, but fearing rejection, the latter won out, and she slowed down her pace. She could sense others now, and wondered how to proceed. She could stay out here, wait to be greeted, send up a call? No, she never really understood that, and didn't want to be an inconvenience. Alright, nothing for it.... going in. Taking a deep breath, she began loping in the direction that she knew them to be.

She could see them when she was still a ways off, and one shape in particular drew her eyes in. She froze, but only for a second. Her happiness at seeing him once again won out, erasing any trace of doubt and making her momentarily forget that he was probably furious at her.

"VEGA!" She yelled, grinning, sprinting towards him. "I finally found you!!" Her brown eyes sparkled with happiness at the reunion, her incorrigible nature shining through once more.
Back to top Go down
http://serien.deviantart.com
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:47 pm

|In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Calyps11

Calypso's sapphire jewels looked at the dark shadow of a brute approached his voice agreeing with her compliment. She flicked an ear and watched him approach and bend his muzzle to drink and then look at her with eyes that echoed her own. She heard him suggest a longer stay and let her name roll off his tongue. She smiled and her dark moist lips parted to speak. "I only stay as long as I need to. Though this place is beautiful and full of suprises I do wish to return to my lands...and my mate." She said stepping from the cool water reminding this bru she was a taken wolfess.

She flicked her ebony tail and glanced to the youngster Spite and then back to Vega as he spoke of his brother and paused midstep holding one paw in the air. "Yes I know of Lennox. He is a good packmate. ....what did you say your name was?" she asked softly arching a brow. She didn't recollect the bru giving his name and then echoing down the tunnel came the answer. A fem yelling his name...Vega. She flicked her ears back at the echo it caused and smiled at the bru. "Looks like you have company....let me leave you to her. Perhaps we can chat some other time....Vega." she said and padded from the oasis with a smile to Spite to go and relieve her packmate Yana so he could drink.

Trotting up to 'her' den she slipped into the cool darkness where Vega lay curled next to her pups. She smiled. "Thank you my friend." she said softly and nudged him. "You may go quench your thirst." Calypso's tail wagged softly.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:38 am

Yana slowly got up at Calypso's arrival, knowing it was his turn to get some water down his throat. He nodded, and returned the smile before he left the den to wander over to where the oasis was. Both alphas had been pretty kind to him lately, which he noticed actually felt nice. He was very used to the mistrust they had towards him when he originally wandered into the Black Pearl, as that was the reaction everywhere he went, not including the wolves he had swayed to listen to him. He smirked, remembering his original intent of moving on after he had time to think, but that had backfired. Something seemed to call to him, and for once, he decided to settle down.

His path led him to what almost looked like a small cave of sorts, and noted there were a few wolves within. He stepped closer towards the inviting water, the ground quickly cooling under his paws as he stepped further away from where the sun was able to strike the ground. There were two wolves talking, but for the most part, he ignored them. There had been wolves who were looking at them when he and Calypso first arrived, so he felt little need to announce himself, especially since he'd soon be gone from these lands. He remained standing, ducking his head down to lap up some water.

Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:46 am

Ah, so she caught on to his playful words quickly. He respected that. And he had fully intended to continue baiting her. Mate or no mate, he'd done it all before. It seemed to him, though, that she was in no mood to follow along, and knew very well the kind of stunts he was trying to pull. She would be hard to reel in, if he could do so at all. Sometimes it just wasn't worth it. But right now, it was too early to tell. He let the subject of his brother fall where it was, clearly seeing that there was no excitement in his life... except that random attack. That would have been entertaining to watch. Pity Matt never killed him. Pity Calypso would have nothing more to do with him if he expressed his sentiments aloud. He felt the black knot in his chest begin to tighten, just like it did before growing, consuming him into a state of silent and dreadful rage and judgment. A familiar voice suddenly came to his auds. They pricked and he turned to the entrance in genuine surprise. "Temptation," he muttered to himself. He looked to Calypso as she passed his name back to him and nodded his farewell as she exited. It seemed as though this endeavor was to be dropped in lieu of an appointment with a relationship council.

His ebony form emerged languidly from the oasis, and he moved closer to the white lady calling so desperately for him. He witheld affection. It would wait until the explanation was clear. His eyes betrayed little of what he felt, the relief for her presence, that she wasn't dead, that some other bru had stolen her from him. He was much the man he was when she first met him, inwardly tense and brooding, though far less vicious than what she had walked in on so long ago. He had missed dearly the soothing effect she had had on him, and it tensed him even more to be reminded of how long he had been without. His azure gaze swept over her and settled on her crown heavily. Not judging, just staring. It was inevitable, though, when he spoke her name again, that it would be filled with strain and sadness. He had waited for so long... his love put on hold for her. And not even a mere word to know what to expect. And yet, as he stood there looking as though he was going to set her on fire, his head lunged forward to nuzzle her cheek to cheek, press his nose into her ivory fur, and take in that sweet scent he had missed so. It was mingled with the smells of a strange land, and it made him miss her all the more for being away. "Temptation," He said again, though this time the name was audible to her and her alone. "Where have you been?"
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 5:34 pm

Calypso moved in when Yana left and lay with her children. She nudged them close to her belly and they sucked greedily, happy for their mother's milk. She leaned back on the den wall and hummed softly to her babes. They were growing so fast and would soon be venturning out of the den. She smiled at the thought and then it fell...their father wouldn't see it unless things changed soon. A soft sigh and then she shrugged the thought a side. It was what was for now.

Her thoughts turned to the hessian, Vega, next and her blue eyes blinked thoughtfully. He seemed to show an interest in her until the fea called his name. She smirked at the thought. She sighed and felt her children's sucking wane and stop before they curled into eachother and slept, tired from such a journey. Calypso kissed them both and stood slipping out of the darkness of the den to wait for Yana's return. She dreaded him leaving...then she would be here alone but for her children and it wasn't her pack that surrounded her.
Back to top Go down
Starrlight

Starrlight

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:50 am

Hearing him speak her name, she smiled, happiness radiating through her. Then she noted the way he held himself.... back, as though wary of her presence. Instantly the smile faded, and her stomach tightened. So all was not well. Expression serious, she took a single step towards him, quite the feat of self control, since it took all that she had not to fling herself upon him and never let go.

"Vega... I'm sorry. For not telling you. I don't know why I didn't, it was stupid of me. But I had to go back and see for myself." She laughed, a bit bitterly. "You know, it's funny. I always kind of wondered whether I'd go back to my homeland if I had the chance. I was happy there before, but could I be happy again, knowing what I know now? Guess that choice doesn't matter anymore." She gazed at him, wondering how long it would take for him to forgive her, if ever. "I have nowhere to go back to now. So I guess the call is yours."

Please don't write me off... Even while her eyes pleaded with him, her mind was prepared for the worst. She was who she was... an optimist, ready to take anything with a smile. This waiting period would bring what it would. If he forgave her, she'd be happy. If not, she'd pretend to be, just like she always did. And eventually, the pretense would become a reality.

OoC: The Starr does not like serious temptation =[
Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:52 am

OOC: He's not totally heartless! He did nuzzle her before.. Razz

His blue pools took in every detail of her face as she spoke, trying to take in everything he had remembered about her, recall every last nuance he had forgotten. She tried explaining herself to him, but it didn't matter, whatever she said. The only thing to change his mind would have been if she had said 'I've found someone else'. He was far from furious, and the anger had only lasted mere moments. After all, she came back. Looking for him. What more could he have really asked for? He had recalled how much fun she had been when they first met, and compared it to her demeanor now. It showed him that she truly meant what she said, her apology, how she felt, that she really and truly wanted him to forgive her.

'I guess the call is yours.' He cocked his head at these words. They only surprised him briefly before he took everything and flipped it on her completely, playing with her as they had done those months ago. "Up to me? What do I have to decide, whether you stay or go? Well you're here, aren't you?" He played hard, seeming so frustrated, drawing out the kind of angry silence a father holds above his miscreant child. But he couldn't take it any longer. His icy blues were cold for mere moments before softening and melting into aquamarine pools. He smiled at her, nuzzled her heartily, and licked the edge of her ear lovingly. "I couldn't stand another minute without you." Of course he wanted her here. She had a past to work out, and he had to respect that, whether she told him her business or not. He could see so easily the begging in those eyes, and it almost killed him to have to see it anymore. With anyone else he would have demanded everything of them, given them the cold shoulder for a good week, but for her, he needed no more than a second. His smooth tenor, accented so beautifully, murmured softly in her auds as he excitedly mingled the fur at their necks. "I can tell you're looking for forgiveness. You should have never even thought of it, love."
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:27 am

Yana turned away from the water after a few minutes- he'd be able to get back to the pack lands without stopping as long as he didn't meet too much trouble. But first, he had to check in with Calypso. Maybe he'd be able to spend the night, under the pretense he was tired, just to make sure he could tell Jack that his mate was safe once he returned.

He slunk out of the coolness ground and back into the heated sand, back towards Calypso. She was waiting outside the den, as if in waiting. It was understandable, though. A mother in a pack with wolves she didn't know... He had no clue how that would feel, as he had been by himself for a long time, but he could kind of imagine some of the feelings that could be felt in such a situation. Walking up to her, he said the words that probably neither of them really wanted to think about, "Should I leave now, or stay to rest a bit?"

Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:06 pm

Spite had faded into the background as the queen took her fill and then the brute known as Vega came in. He watched him curiously but otherwise did not comment. There were many who passed through these lands and the young brute had seen so many different types of wolves that it failed to phase him anymore. Ears perked as an unknown fem came dashing towards them and he too slipped out of the oasis after Calypso. He studied the fem speaking to Vega and knowing his duty trotted off and with a steady purpose his gait was no longer that of an eager pup.

Informed of the situation the leader of the clan came upon the two who spoke. He eyed the bru that escorted Calypso here and was returned to the den he had gave her. He hoped that he would leave soon, while he generally let most stay at their leisure he did not need those who were in packs lingering here and drawing attention. He also knew that Jack would need the hessian. There was a disturbance about the land and he was glad to be outside it.

Approaching Vega and the unknown fem he cleared to throat. "And who would you be lass?" He had a nice sort of voice that smooth and soothing, not too deep. Despair's tail flicked, his coat rustled by the hot wind.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:34 pm

Calypso stood and wagged her ebony tail at her packmate. "As much as I want you to stay Yana, Jack needs you more right now." She sighed softly. "He wouldn't have sent us here if he didn't think it would be safe. You need to hurry home my friend." She said and leaned in and nosed her packmate gently. "Please...' She said her voice even softer. "Give my love to Jack for me...tell him we are settled and await to return home." She said her obsidian ears flicking back and glancing to the den slightly and nodded. She put on a less vunerable face. "Go swift paws my friend and soon we will swim in the ocean together." She wagged her tail and held her chin up. She was alphess of the pearl....she needed to be strong for her pups, her pack, her lands.....and her love.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 6:35 pm

He nodded, giving her a small grin, and said, "I'll tell him. Take care of yourself and the pups." Yana's grin turned to that of a knowledgeable one as he added, "Use the land here to your advantage during your stay- be wary and learn from it. The terrain is harsh and merciless, but she'll teach you well once you understand her. In the meantime, we'll clean up this mess as soon as possible. Farewell for now." Dipping his head, and one last glance toward the den, he turned, running.

By being wary, he had also partly meant towards the resident pack. They are as part of the terrain as the plants and sand are. The sand, although heated, felt like a friend he hadn't seen for a long time. He used to travel in conditions like this, as he was generally left alone, as most wolves followed the forests or rivers. In his opinion, a smart wolf who didn't belong to a pack would learn to adapt to survive as if they lived in the worst place possible. Of course, things happened to packs, too, like right now. Wolves relocated and found themselves in unfavorable conditions. He'd seen some of these types of wolves die, pampered by the convenient location the pack had settled. Everything was plentiful and in reach.

He was soon able to see the tree line in the distance. It would be pathetic of him to hope nothing happened during his absence, but was concerned if anything major had occurred. Yana hoped only minor things happened...

Back to top Go down
Starrlight

Starrlight

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:10 pm

withintemptation.jpg picture by megan_starr9

Her breath was held, every hair on her pelt in suspense for his response. How much had he changed, in the weeks that she had been gone? When she had left, she couldn't have been more in love, but they had known each other for what, a day? Perhaps that wasn't long enough. Maybe he hadn't waited. Who was that fem whom he had been talking too anyway. Maybe....

Stressing herself out, she almost missed his response, and when it came, the frustration she heard only heightened her fears. Preparing for the worst, she started to turn away, but he was too quick for her. As soon as his gaze softened, and as he nuzzled her, her face broke out into a brilliant grin, lighting up from within. She leaned into him, elated. "I missed you!" She grinned. "Besides, we never really got to finish our game last time, did we?" She too remembered the fun that she had had. It had been a rough time away from him, with Lacrimosa's fate and his absence, plus her guilt at leaving so without word. She had been stressed for too long, and now that she was sure he was okay with her, she felt a weight leave her shoulders. Finally she could get back to the way she always had been... happy.

"I did... thank you. I promise I won't leave again. After all, I really have nowhere else to go now." She was teasing about being stuck with him, but not about the staying around. After all, she really didn't. He needn't worry about it again, now that she knew for sure.

She would have liked to have shared the moment a little longer, but someone interrupted. Hearing a question that was presumably directed towards her, Temptation turned to face this new bru. "Temptation. Within Temptation, really, but the former works just fine." Her voice was light and airy, the usual playful undercurrent now reinstated. "May I ask who's asking?" Was he a friend of Vega's?

OoC: I missed the nuzzle XDDDDD I thought he was only thinkin it!
Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:41 am

Temptation's actions warmed Vega's heart. That smile... He nearly fell into her embrace, stealing an extended nuzzle that ran the length of her neck. "I missed you more," he teased, knowing her playful state of mind. And she reminded him of the game they played with one another. A game he had much rather remained in private if she ever wanted to resume it. He gave a low chuckle, pressing cheek to cheek with her. His keen smile could be heard in his voice "No, we didn't. We'll have to make sure we find the time," he teased. He knew she wanted to. And within such a pack that allowed so convenient an ease-of-exit, there was an infinite amount of time afforded to them for such fun and trivialities. He was ready to start the good life if she was ready to stick around. He was thinking much the same as she, really only having known one another for a day, but perhaps the connection was just that strong. Matehood in the coming days was quickly becoming a realistic possibility.

Despair approached and he turned his attentions from the ivory beauty for a moment. He stood beside her, physically vouching for her place among them without too much trouble. The lead hessian seemed to be pretty settled about this kind of thing anyway. He was still here, wasn't he? Just the way he approached, his casual speech, things were safe. He smiled silently, respectfully at Despair, and behind him his tail flicked that of Temptation's lightly, seeming almost a habit. She responded well to his approach, even responding off-handedly with her own question. Ah, he loved it. She was just too damn cute for him to help it. "I hope she's enough a wolfess to your liking. I've been ever so lonely without her," he quipped. He felt like being part of the conversation, and surely it couldn't hurt to have a little easy banter.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:38 am

Calypso had nodded to Yana. "Swift paws, safe travel." She called after him and her heart sank slightly to see him go. Now she was alone...with her pups. She looked back to the den and sighed softly with ears cupped forward she could hear them breathing softly. She lay down in front of her den and licked her nose and twitched it taking in the scents of the place. The sand, the pungent smell of the sage, the wolves.

Her shadowy form was grateful for the rest. They had traveled hard and fast to get her and she was tired....but even so she was lonely. She missed her mate, her pack, her daughter....she had her pups but being away from home she was worried for their safety. This was not how it was supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:56 pm

The little pup did not take kindly to all the dust that had been plugging up her nose for such a long time. She sought out sustenance at her mothers teat and found her parched throat greatly alleviated. Opening her blue newborn eyes she reveled in the feel of her mother's pelt, pushing against her brother to get as much warmth as possible. He was such a hog! Closing her eyes again because the world was too blurry she yawned, which produced a high squeaky noise and burrowed into Calypso.

Despair looked at her and raised one brow. Strange how she barreled amongst a clan of wolves in the desert and had no idea what she stumbled into. Ah well, there were many oblivious wolves in this world. Though he noticed that the reason for her obliviousness stood before him in the form of Vega. This brute had been with them for a bit now but usually kept on the outskirts. Fine with him, no one got points for group activities. Tilting his dial to her he responded in kind. "My name is Despair, I am the leader of this clan." Vega spoke and he smirked, old enough to enjoy the happiness of others he laughed. "The real question is not whether she is enough wolfess it's if you can handle her dear boy." He chuckled and bowed his head in blessing. "She is permitted here, as long as she abides by the customary codes." With that he nodded his crown once more and padded back over the sand dunes. He didn't expect any trouble from the couple. They would most likely leave sooner than later.

Heading back to Calypso's den he noted the retreating form of Yana in the distance. This was good. Stopping at the den he spoke loudly outside of it. "Everything is well I assume?" He spoke conversationally. Being a leader of a clan allowed one to be a lot more leisurely than of a pack.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 10:32 pm

Calypso heard Despair's voice and slipped from her sleeping children out of the den. She sat on obsidian haunches and looked at the 'alpha' of these lands and gave him a smile and a nod of her dial. "Yes Despair." She said cordially. "The den is most comfortable and my children now sleep with full bellies. I don't know how to thank you. We traveled far to get here and I worried if we didn't find you soon that my pups may suffer for it." She said and wagged her tail softly even though her heart ached to see her packmate go and ached even more that her mate and daughter was not around. She blinked sapphire eyes. "So tell me Despair. I am not of these harsh lands. Is there anything I should be weary of?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

|In the [shadow] of a Mountain|
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next