Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

|In the [shadow] of a Mountain|

Go down 
+2
Moohn
Silent
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Silent
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2009-01-11

|In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:56 pm

The little pup did not take kindly to all the dust that had been plugging up her nose for such a long time. She sought out sustenance at her mothers teat and found her parched throat greatly alleviated. Opening her blue newborn eyes she reveled in the feel of her mother's pelt, pushing against her brother to get as much warmth as possible. He was such a hog! Closing her eyes again because the world was too blurry she yawned, which produced a high squeaky noise and burrowed into Calypso.

Despair looked at her and raised one brow. Strange how she barreled amongst a clan of wolves in the desert and had no idea what she stumbled into. Ah well, there were many oblivious wolves in this world. Though he noticed that the reason for her obliviousness stood before him in the form of Vega. This brute had been with them for a bit now but usually kept on the outskirts. Fine with him, no one got points for group activities. Tilting his dial to her he responded in kind. "My name is Despair, I am the leader of this clan." Vega spoke and he smirked, old enough to enjoy the happiness of others he laughed. "The real question is not whether she is enough wolfess it's if you can handle her dear boy." He chuckled and bowed his head in blessing. "She is permitted here, as long as she abides by the customary codes." With that he nodded his crown once more and padded back over the sand dunes. He didn't expect any trouble from the couple. They would most likely leave sooner than later.

Heading back to Calypso's den he noted the retreating form of Yana in the distance. This was good. Stopping at the den he spoke loudly outside of it. "Everything is well I assume?" He spoke conversationally. Being a leader of a clan allowed one to be a lot more leisurely than of a pack.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 10:32 pm

|In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Calyps11

Calypso heard Despair's voice and slipped from her sleeping children out of the den. She sat on obsidian haunches and looked at the 'alpha' of these lands and gave him a smile and a nod of her dial. "Yes Despair." She said cordially. "The den is most comfortable and my children now sleep with full bellies. I don't know how to thank you. We traveled far to get here and I worried if we didn't find you soon that my pups may suffer for it." She said and wagged her tail softly even though her heart ached to see her packmate go and ached even more that her mate and daughter was not around. She blinked sapphire eyes. "So tell me Despair. I am not of these harsh lands. Is there anything I should be weary of?"
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Pawprints : 1938

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:40 pm

Despair looked at her and nodded in approval. Both for her words and for the determination that gleamed in her eye. Alphas were always made of stronger stuff then the rest of the populace. Eyes flicked into the den where he imagined the two balls of fur sleeping comfortably. To her question of danger he shrugged his shoulders and sat back. "There are many dangers in the desert, just as there are many dangers in the fertile lands. Though any danger related to water is diminished exponentially." Pursing his lips he thought for a few moments. "It can get a bit chilly here at night, so I would't really leave your young ones alone at that time. Most creatures avoid this spot and I've rarely had any sightings of scorpions and the like. I think your biggest enemy will be keeping hydrated and getting the sand out of your pelt." He smiled then. "If you figure out a solution to the second matter, I would appreciate if you informed me with all haste." Glancing behind him he could see the various wolves of the clan resting or playing or engaging in some sort of activity. There was never what you would call...boredom here. Everyone was content to sit back and enjoy life. Except for maybe the younger ones here. They tended to get a little rowdy sometimes.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 2:34 pm

Calypso nodded to his words of danger being everywhere in the desert...but such was life anywhere. She had just meerly wondered if there were things that she should be more aware of...such as the snakes and scorpions. She nodded when he warned her of the chill. She didn't think she would be leaving her pups alone and night and she hoped she wouldn't be here that long to where they could be alone to themselves at night either. Though she was grateful for Despair's help and knew that Jack wouldn't send her into harms way with their young.

His joke fell upon her ears and she chuckled lightly and wagged her tail. "I have noted it is quite prevalent around here and we do have this problem as well living along the ocean like we do. Our beaches are sandy...though we can get away from it." She smiled and her blue eyes shone as she spoke of the ocean. Her tail swayed gently and she sighed. "So Despair. Do you have a family here as well? There are young around, hunting must be good." She said making conversation with the alpha of these lands.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 2:49 pm

Despair smirked, must be nice to get away from the sand every so often. Though he found it did not quite bother him anymore..He smiled and nodded his head to her question. "Yes, I have some family here. Though most my family are about the land..." He wondered if she knew about his relations. Wondered if telling her would make her more uncomfortable. Indicating a jet black hessian and another tri hued one that were generally always together he smiled. "That would be my son and my nephew, though my nephew is more...adopted. My son's name is Metallic and the other is Desidius." He wouldn't mention how his son had shown some of the darker traits of his family, but he didn't worry too much, Desidius usually kept him in check and he would not bother Calypso and her young. "They're both my sons really, brothers to each other as well." He smiled softly looking at his little family. The mother of Metallic had long since faded from this world. He paused and looked at Calypso seriously. Not many people knew of existence anymore, and that meant they were not aware of who his siblings were. He knew he should tell Calypso, Despair was not one to keep others in the dark. Especially when it came to families.

"I'm sure Jack did not tell you this, but I think you should know." He said seriously. "I have two sisters in this realm and while you might not be familiar with one I'm certain you will know the other." Again he paused his tail flicked and he sighed. He looked to the mountain ranges in the distance. "One of my sister's is none other than Akira herself. Though I don't tell you this to worry you. She has never entered my dominion and never has any of her wolves. And that leaves my other sister Akiko who I care for very deeply. Though of the darkness she would not bother you either no betray your presence here if she were to visit." He watched her carefully to see her reaction. He was just being level with her.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:24 pm

Calypso smiled when Despair spoke of his son...or sons rather to her and nodded when he said his nephew was more or less adopted. "I can relate to that Despair." She said warmly thinking silently to herself that a wolf, especially a male who would take on another young male had to have a kind heart beating in his chest. "My eldest daughter is adopted as well. I was a mother before I had whelped my own young." She said smiling, her voice soft betraying the love she felt for Liar. Her eyes glanced over to Despair's sons and nodded. "Fine young wolves I am sure they will grow up to be. They look healthy and strong." She complimented.

Her ears flicked forward when the black hessian spoke of her mate not telling her something and her sapphires widened in suprise. "I didn't know this Despair." She said and then smiled softly. "Nor to I worry. I know my mate wouldn't have sent me to someone who would harm. Akira is famous in these lands and your other sister well if you say she will not bother us well...I do believe you." She said putting her faith in this bru. Akira was famous for being the cold hearted queen that ruled Mureta. She was suprised and not suprised that they were siblings. Stranger things had happened...plus Calypso was not one to judge too harshly...she had made that mistake with one of her own packmates and suffered for it...she would not judge to harshly again.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 10:51 pm

Despair smiled and nodded to her. "All is well then." He was glad that she believed him. It was okay to be wary but these days words meant nothing and were just listless lies. "I'm sure Jack didn't think to mention it." Stretching out to a more comfortable position Despair continued. "Is there anything else you need? The rest of the clan have opted to stay away, but if you wanted company I'll tell them they can stop by and chat. It's been awhile since there have been any sort of pups around here." Everyone knew that packs loved pups and these wolves were no exception. He was actually curious to see the pair up close but he wouldn't push Calypso. She was a new mother and was under a lot of stress. Maybe tomorrow she would let the pack see them...He wondered what Jack's offspring would look like.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:26 pm

Calypso smiled and nodded. "I am sure you are right. We have been under great stress lately and he wanted us safe in a hurry." She sighed the very mention of her mate making her feel lonely and homesick. She looked at Despair as he stretched out beside her and smiled. "Thank you Despair. I am fine. I can hunt for my own meals, I wouldn't want to burden your pack." She said though she was reluctant to leave her pups alone for too long. "Company is always welcome." she said like all wolves she was social and missed her pack terribly. Company would help ease that emptiness she felt. "How did you find this oasis Despair?" She asked and groomed a forepaw for a moment. "It it an interesting place I must say."
Back to top Go down
Starrlight

Starrlight

Number of posts : 220
Pawprints : 321
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:21 pm

withintemptation.jpg picture by megan_starr9

She leaned into his nuzzle, burying her face in his soft, familiar pelt for a few seconds. She never wanted to lose him again. His teasing tone broke the spell an instant later, and she raised her head, a smile twitching on her lips. "If you say so," she giggled, "and I agree, now is hardly the place. Though an audience might make things interesting, I don't think they would enjoy it quite so much as we do." She was jesting... why did he make her so playful constantly? It was like being a pup again, only different. Better, much better.

He too responded to Despair, and as the leader left with his blessing on her presence, she relaxed once more. Now nothing would keep them apart. When he was out of earshot, she smiled. "Really, the only one who I need the answer to that question from is you. You're the only one I care to impress." She sat down, leaning into him.

"I've been lonely without you too," she said softly, tone serious. Golden eyes turned to meet his, appreciating the play of the light in those gorgeous blue pools. Had it really only been a day? It felt like a lifetime.

OoC: oh lordie, I forgot about Temptation!
Back to top Go down
http://serien.deviantart.com
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 2:25 pm

Despair face paused for a second thinking back to when he first came to this place. "Well actually I first found it with my sisters Akira and Akiko." He glanced at her hoping the names wouldn't upset her. He forgot how much his small family influenced this land. He smirked trying to break away from the darkness that usually trailed after those two names and continued. "Well we found it but as you can see I'm the only one who stayed. Akira wanted power and Akiko is not partial to the desert. But I love it here. And so I have stayed and watched the lands come alive around me." Motioning his head backwards he smiled "Besides it's not like I am alone." Laying full length in the sand now he supported his head in a lazy fashion and yawned. "I can see that you are no native to this land yourself, so tell me Calypso where did you travel from that makes your eyes so bright?" Despair was older and knew a thing or two about what made a wolf and he could see that she was no born here.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 5:38 pm

Calypso

Her obsidian ears swiveled as she heard Despair mention his siblings. Akira. Akiko. Two of the most well known dark fea's in the region were siblings to Despair. She studied him with her sapphire hues for a moment. Jack trusted him...She reminded herself. Her mate was not a fool. He wouldn't send her and their children into harms way. She nodded when his words came as in why he was the only one who stayed and the reasons.

Calypso smiled when he observed she was no native to these lands. Though her blue eyes could see the allure in a deserted place like this....livable if you knew it's secrets. She chuckled. "No I was not born in these seas of sand Despair. My blood comes from someplace cooler." She said and closed her eyes as if she could smell the cold salted air upon the thick pine mountain. "I was raised on a mountainside, thick with needlepines and it overlooked the sea." She said and smiled at the memory. "I have traveled far since then though Despair. And though my home now overlooks the sea, well I am not queen over my birthlands." She said and let her tail sway gently.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 4:08 pm

Despair looked at her curiously. So she had lived upon the mountains much as his sister did, though he doubted her homeland was nearly as oppressive as the mountain range that Akira dominated. Her last statement struck him funny. "Do you wish that you were queen over our birthland?" He wondered if she was dissatisfied with the lands she shared with Jack. His tassle flicked and he tilted in head in question. His ear flicked and he was aware of Spite a short distance off trying to be nonchalant. Probably was curious about the pups...where was his mother at? Alas, he would put aside his thoughts of his clan for once and enjoy a conversation.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

Number of posts : 724
Pawprints : 1290
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:45 am

Ash had finally recovered, though it had taken him a lot of time and a lot of effort to scavenge as well as the buzzards. With his shoulder incapacitated, he could not function, nor hunt for himself. But the wound had healed, and though a leathery, hairless scar remained where Despair had ripped him open, Ash was no longer impaired by it. He could come back amongst Despair's pack without looking weak now. It had been a painful, lonely recovery, but at least some of Reaper's herbs had had an affect on him - his infections had been a lot less intense as they could have been, and here he was, still alive.

The brute glanced around with burning amber orbs, wondering where the wolves of Despair's clan were now. New scents seemed to be present upon the lands, but Ash had been out of it for so long he had no idea who was new or not. He hadn't even known any of the original loners, besides Despair and his healer. Large paws leaving scuff-marks in the dry, sandy earth, Ash padded toward the main source of wolf-scent, figuring he might find someone there. If he wasn't to play the role of Alpha anymore like he had in the past, then he would have to learn his new position, and figure out how that worked through talking with others. Without trying to kill them. Grunting, he sat in an area where he thought he might be approached, should anyone dare.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bravequestk9.com
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:10 am

Petra came into the lone lands, her paws taking her as quickly as they could, for nothing could be more urgent than making the best of every second. Things were moving along quickly, and they would soon be in the deadliest battle of their lives. Her nostrils flared and the scent of many wolves filled her nares. She knew she had seen Despair in Jabbar before, visiting his sister. It was long ago, before even her first season, but she was sure she would recognize the dark, ragged old brute.

At last she saw the wolves, and she gulped nervously. But now was not the time to give in and turn around. She had to go forward, hoping they would not be threatened by her presence. She hoped he might possibly recognize her. And then she saw him, he was near a she-wolf who smelled recently of milk. Approaching cautiously, she kept her posture low, but a look of urgency was in her eyes as she looked to Despair. "Excuse my intrusion," she shyly, then raised her voice somewhat, "I have an urgent message from Akiko; she says 'the coyote runs north'." She assumed he would understand the coded message, for she would have no answer for him if he were to ask what it meant. Then she stood waiting to see how things would unfold.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:18 am

|In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Hellscream-1

Hellscream had left the lands of Hamara with the dead pup hanging from his jaws, his paws carrying him heavily but swiftly away from there. After all, his life depended on it. If more wolves had begun to gather to figure out what he was doing, he would have never gotten out with his life. He was lucky to have escaped when he did, with one powerless wolfess standing about, unable to hold him back. Now he was heading after Jacq's scent, and it wasn't hard to find, still mixed with the scent of Tellika's blood.

He found the young male waiting, looking around in a paranoid fashion, at the edge of a territory. He growled and marched up to Jacques, placing the dead whelp at his paws. The look on his face as he watched Jacques sink his teeth into the pup's flesh was not of revulsion, but of satisfaction. This brute, though he did not wish to commit evil acts, was clearly tied to the darkness in a way that he could not escape. Jacques could be a worthy partner in crime. He may not act out the crimes, but he would allow them, so long as a body was returned to him to feed upon. And Jacques wouldn't argue with Hellscream, if there was something in it in the end for the young brute. Hellscream could easily slip in and out of situations of chaos with Jacques as his back-up.

He chuckled at his own musings. Then Jacq was finished eating and stated that he would be trying to stay here for a bit. Hellscream shook his head and watched the brute go off. He was not interested in staying and living under someone else's rule. Nor did Hellscream wish to rule a pack. He was a loner, dependant upon only himself. He would rather have a territory alone and share it with no one, save perhaps a beautiful femme, but even that thought didn't intrigue him much. He figured his only reason for living was to create devastation, and there were not many wolves out there that wanted that. And if a femme were to join him, he would never give her whelps, for he did not need the ties of love to hinder his purpose of life, to destroy and cause unhappiness unto others.

He turned and left, heading out to find his own niche in the lands of Fire and Ice, where he would plot his next act of terror...

|In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Jaques

Jacques had come to the edge of a territory within these barren land that seemed claimed by wolves. Not rogues, necessarily, but perhaps a small, lesser known family pack. He did not cross over their borders yet, as he was waiting for Hellscream to come back. The brute could do the vile deeds that Jacques could not bring himself to do, but he could still feed on the flesh of his own kind, without having to murder them himself, if Hellscream was willing to do the favour. And he had seemed to have no qualms about helping another out in this way. And at last, the brute arrived, a small body hanging from his jaws. Jacques winced. The poor thing. Yet, deep within himself, he hungered, and his mouth watered as he looked at the newborn.

He dipped his head gratefully as Hellscream put the whelp down in front of him with grim satisfaction in his heartless eyes. The younger male bit into the pup's tender body, relishing its soft but delectable flavor. He wished such a delicate cuisine could be obtained without the death of an innocent life, but this was the way things were, it seemed. Licking his lips when he was finished, he looked up to Hellscream. "I don't know about you, but I think I will try to stay with this family pack for a bit, if they'll allow it," he said to the brutal criminal in front of him, "I need somewhere to stay before I dare slink back to my home..." He didn't care to mention where his home in the Pearl was, in case Hellscream went there to stir up trouble and cause more deaths.

Nodding off to Hellscream, he turned cautiously, glancing back over his shoulder, then trotted off. When he came upon a gathering of wolves, he saw a small wolf hybrid speaking with a big gruff male who appeared to be the leader of this tough little wasteland pack. And then his heart stopped as he saw Calypso nearby the large male, her whelps along with them. His jaws gaped wide, blood still staining his fangs. What was she doing here? He looked around anxiously, wishing he could flee, but in this place there was nowhere to hide. She had definitely seen him by now, and she would recognize him with ease. All he could do was creep closer, his head low, hoping she would take no notice of the smell of blood that wafted from him. He hoped she would simply mistake it for prey's blood, not the blood of wolves. He couldn't let her know this side of him. Nobody could know.

"C-Calypso," he greeted her shyly, his neck tucked into his shoulders, "What brings you out this way?" He tried to keep quiet so he would not interrupt Despair as the other wolfess gave him a message. As his ocean-coloured orbs focused on Calypso, he knew she would likely also wonder what brought him out to this dry place, when they were wolves of the sea. His tail was held low and he gulped, his heart beating quite nervously as he waited to see how things would play out.

Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 3:31 pm

Spite had spied the brute who had fought Despair and was actually quite intrigued that he was just now coming out into public. The young brute was crouched as if he were stalking prey but he was actually nervous that the hessian would get mad if he was spotted. Well, guess he should see whether or not his theory was true. Ash did seem lonely, he would be if he had one to talk to. Hardening his resolve he stood up and bounded over skidding to a halt. A lopsided grin on the sandy wolf. "How are you feeling?" He exclaimed.

Despair was conversing with Calypso when he noticed two unfamiliar brus in the distance but at the same moment a smallish wolf came up to him and he was slightly alarmed but did not allow it to show. His sister had told him that this wolf would come and speak to him. She delivered the message and he pursed his lips and nodded in all seriousness. "Thank you. You may tell Akiko that the message was received and responded to." As to what the response was he gave no verbal indication but he gaze swept across the sands and he sent up a howl for a select few of his wolves to come join him. About the lands Sorrow, Dmetri and Tercial raised their heads immediately rising to their feet and making their way to him. One of the foreign hessians was walking towards them and he seemed shy. He addressed Calypso and it was obvious the two knew each other so he let it be. (Figure since Fossy's not around I'll skip the whole suspicion thing) Looking to Petra he asked "Do you need water or anything for your journey back?"
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Petra stood quietly as she waited for her words to register with Despair, and he seemed to know instantly what she meant, and had a response ready in time. Again, she waited, her head tilted, not knowing if she should stay put and wait for words, or if she should go immediately to Akiko and report to her. But when Despair raised a howl to the air and three wolves came forth, she realized what was going on. This was their backup. Her tail swayed lightly, and she shook her head to Despair as he asked if she needed water before they left. "I should be fine, thank you," she said, nodding her head curtly. She was too excited to be back in her home in Jabbar to stop along the way for anything. She turned from Despair and started off at a light trot, her strides carrying her forward effortlessly, however, she left space for the older male to take the lead, for she was one to follow, not to lead the way.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:48 pm

Calypso blinked her blue eyes and then flicked her ears. "Oh.." she chuckled now realizing what she had said might have sounded funny. "No. I wouldn't trade the world for my home. My lands...my family." She said and glanced backward toward the den where her pups lay sleeping in the cool dark. She wagged her coal tassel and smiled. "Just as I am sure you wouldn't trade your home at this time either am I right Despair?" she said and gave him a kind smile.

Then another wolf approached a fea...to give Despair a message and she turned her head to give them the semblance of privacy when her own eyes fell upon a familiar form. "Jacq?" she said and blinked her blue eyes and then stood and swayed her tail. "Oh Jacq." she said and smiled. "I am here on a.....visit." she said unsure if she should voice out loud the troubles that stirred in her lands. "It is good to see you." she said and let her nose twitch smelling that metallic twinge of blood upon his pelt. She glanced back at Despair and then back to Jacq again and felt a surge of homesickness well in her belly.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:14 am

Jacques gulped and nodded his head with a shy smile. Calypso seemed to be hiding something as well. Jacq hadn't been in the Pearl for a while, so he didn't know all that was going on there.. he didn't even know that Liar had whelped pups of her own. He'd removed himself from the pack in hopes of keeping to himself while he staved off his bloodlust, because he could never forgive himself if he hurt anybody in his pack, especially not the pups. But now, here she was with her children, though they seemed to be in hiding and good protection. He wondered why Calypso would visit this place with her whelps, but he coudln't question her on that; she already seemed unwilling to talk about it. "It's nice to see you too," he said simply, leaving it at that for the moment. He turned his head away from her and licked his lips, wishing he'd had a chance to wash himself before seeing somebody he knew. He was already aware she'd sensed the blood on him, and there was nothing he could say or do to justify what he'd been doing. Shaking himself, he sat down, trying to look normal, and set his ocean-hued orbs upon Calypso once more.

"Uhm.. so when do you think you're going back to the Pearl?" he asked her, tilting his head, "I think I'm going back soon." He kind of wanted to return, and though he wasn't sure acting as an escort alone would be good, he felt more normal right now than he did when he'd slipped away from the pack. Maybe he could just leave this behind him, and go back home and never think about this again. An ominous feeling lurked up his spine and swelled in his belly, though; he knew this would not be the last time he tasted wolven flesh. He had to shut his eyes for a moment and will the thoughts away. How could he ever have turned out this way? It wasn't what he wanted, yet it had a hold on his mind like an addiction. Tense, he tried to keep eye contact with Calypso, but felt himself falter, just waiting for her reponse. Maybe she would say something to cheer him up, or maybe she was still feeling too defensive about her whelps to let down her guard. Either way, he just wanted something good to come of everything.

-----------------------

Ash stood quickly as a young male came bounding over towards him, skidding to a stop only a few feet from him. His fiery eyes were wide with alarm and fury, hackles rising. However, the younger brute didn't seem to be any threat, and Ash let his guard down for a moment, though he eyed the youngster with annoyance. Socializing... this seemed so complicated. It seemed even more difficult to keep his cool when the wolf asked him how he felt, because it meant that he knew Ash had been experiencing a lot of weakness since his fight. Grinding his teeth audibly, he had to fight to force down his pride and ego, and grunted with the effort. "I'm fine," he said between his fangs, "Why wouldn't I be? I'm no mouse-hearted pup." He scuffed the ground with a forepaw and looked around him, wondering if any other wolves were nearby. None within earshot. He eased up just a bit, and looked back to the curious young brute.

"Well, who are you, then?" he asked gruffly, "I'm Ash. You related to these lot or something?" He let himself relax just a bit and sit back down. He supposed he didn't need to exert himself if there was no reason. He would try to get on with this little guy... make friends perhaps, if it was possible. This wolf didn't seem too invasive or pushy, so maybe it would work. All he'd met in the past were insolent little jerks who wanted to pick a fight, and he was more than willing to fulfill their wishes, so this would be a new experience for him.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:17 am

Calypso smiled and nodded. "It is nice to see you too Jacq. We have missed you ...at home." she said softly and wondered why the young bru had left. Well it was here nor there now. He was here and Calypso was glad. His question then hit her ears. The Pearl...home...when was she going back. "I am uncertain Jacq. Things weren't safe. I brought the children with me and Jack bade me to stay until he sent for me. Things weren't good. I worry." She said softly, hushed just for his ears. It had been too long. The pups were growing up with out him. As it was she could see Caspian blue eyed peeking out of the mouth of the den. They had been playing at the mouth for a while now, though Calypso had forbade them to press further when they should be romping all about now.

"If you do make it back soon will you tell Jack we miss him?" she asked. "If I don't make it back before you do. I know we missed you when you left Jacq. You are a great asset to the pack." She said proudly, like a mother would to a son.

Caspian

The little tri colored bru watched his mother with eyes that echoed her own. His black nose twitched and he flicked his ears forward. His paws itched to go and play in the sand. Mother didn't like it when he strayed to far though. He crept further out of the darkness when he saw a beetle crawling across the sand. Tiny auds flicked forward and he inched forward, stalking his newly found prey.

OOC: Silent...I am ready to play with the pups lol so yeah hope it's ok
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:42 pm

Despair looked at Petra and then looked at the three wolves who came to him. "Sorrow and Dmetri come with me, Tercial search for Sabriel and Lireal and bring them back here so they are around the area." Turning he looked between Calypso and and the new wolf Jacq, he appeared to be from the Pearl, or at least familiar with it. Clearing his throat he looked at Calypso. "I must go support my sister. The wolves left behind will protect you." Then he nodded and striding off after Petra and took the lead. His two other wolves flanked his sides leaving room for Petra to run next to him. Looking at her sideways he noticed Petra to be small like his sister, probably meant she was agile too. "Ready to run?" He said with a smile in his voice. Then he surged forward his stride eating up the sandy earth, hardened by winters breath. So they went towards Jabbar Junayd...
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Jacques lowered his head, feeling bad for making others miss him. Especially for the reason he'd left in the first place... guilt made his stomach turn, but again, he forced himself to look normal. His ears flicked back when he heard Calypso's words, about not knowing when she was going home. It wasn't safe.. what had happened. Curiosity pricked at him, and he wanted to ask about, but her figured he was better off going back and figuring it out for himself. Calypso asked a favour of him, and he dipped his head. "Sure I can," he said, glad that he could be of use, "I might as well head back now. I will see how the pack fares, and I will speak to Jack right away. Maybe I'll be the one to send back for you! But, I guess if you don't hear from us yet, then it's not yet safe."

He looked over at Despair as the brute came over to Calypso and told her what was happening. He was surprised he hadn't been spoken to by these wolves, but he intended to be on his way soon, so he supposed it wouldn't matter, so long as he went quietly. Still, he nodded to the brute as he went off to do his thing, seemingly quite busy. Now, he looked back to Calypso, tilting his head. He hoped she agreed with his proposal, it would make him feel useful. But she must be lonely. Maybe he should stay. He glanced around, wondering if she knew any of the wolves that were supposed to be protecting her. It must be a little unsettling, but Jack wouldn't send her here if he didn't trust these wolves.

Petra looked to Despair as he went and spoke to a couple more wolves, and then they were ready to be off. She smiled back to him, and nodded eagerly. She desperately wanted to reunite with her pack. As he set off, she let her tail wag and then set off at him, letting her legs carry her at a high, comfortable case. Within just a short time, they were leaving the deserts, and heading closer to Jabbar..
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:03 am

Calypso looked at Jaq and wagged her tail. "Oh that would be wonderful Jaq." She would say and nose in neckscruff in thanks. She missed home and the sea and her mate. "I would appreciate that greatly." She said then Despair approached and she turned her sapphires to him and gave a nod. 'Safe Journey Despaire." she would call after him and definately feel less safe here now that he left. She knew she should be okay but his presence was a reassurance to her and her pups who were sleeping in the den at the moment.

She gave a sigh and would look back at Jaq. "I hope you are right, I hope you do come back soon to come and help me bring the children home. They are already to big to carry easily." She said and would spy Caspian's bright blue eyes staring at her from the mouth of the den. She would smile at her pup. "It will be a long hard journey going home." She said softly and sighed. "Be swift Jaq...please. I long to see the see...and my mate." She said and would nose his shoulder affectionately, like a long lost son.

OOC: OH CRAP I DIDN"T EVEN SEE YOU POSTED SHADOWED!! X.X *Dies*
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 3:58 pm

His stride had eaten the miles like it was nothing. The tri hued hessian was searching for something very precious to him. A lovely obsidian female with eyes of the sea, a heart that could love like none he had encountered and it was all his. Not to mention the two lovely beings born of their love. His heart tightened in his chest. O what a sweet reunion this would be. Just to see his love again. How much bigger had the pups gotten? They would know his scent right? It made him nervous but he had faith. There, there was a big wolf and a younger sandy colored wolf speaking to each other. Slowing himself down he approached them at a trot. "Excuse I am looking for my mate and pups they are-" But he was cut off as the sandy looking wolf jumped up. "OH! You must be Jack! They are right over there by the dens!" Without any further indication Jack took off, he let loose a howl that sang true despite his breathlessness. Calypso..at last...
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:06 pm

Calypso was lying by the mouth of the den dozing lightly while the two pups played in the sand beside her roughhousing. She blinked open her eyes with a start swearing she dreamed Jack's howl. She rose to her feet quickly which startled young Caspian who looked at his mother. "Mama...who is that?" He said turning his sea colored eyes to the bearer of the howl. She wasn't dreaming it was Jack....JACK. "It's your father." she said softly, her voice choking up. How she had missed him so. She was begining to worry all was not well in their homelands.

Tipping her head she howled a high soprano calling her love to her and would lope in the direction that she heard it. Her coat had become sleek and black from living in the hot desert for so long. Jack....she saw him coming running, just as she remembered. "My love!' she would cry fervently, her voice full of emotion.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Seeing her ebon furred bodice no matter how far he had run he had enough energy to run as fast as he could to her. When he met with her a whine escaped his muzzle. He licked her face fervently sniffing up and down her length burying his face her coat inhaling everything that he lived for.

Atla's little ears popped up at the howl. It did not frighten her and the tone stirred something inside her. She too wanted to know who was coming. And when mother answered she swung her head around and looked at Caspian. "Lets look!" And just like that she was up and running after her mother, albeit in an awkward manner with her clumsy puppish legs.

Jack whole body vibrated with her relief at seeing his mate, no longer just a dream. "Oh Calypso..it has been too long...where are the-" But he stopped speaking because just at that moment he saw his daughter bounding towards him and the sight made him laugh..
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:45 pm

Calypso couldn’t breath. Her mate had come for her. She gave an excited yip and would press against him rolling her head in his pelt, drinking in his scent, the scent of the packlands, the sea.... “Oh my love, my sweet sweet love.” She would murr, her voice thick with emotion and her tail swaying a raven plume. “They are here..” She would smile and look behind her as her children would come running.

Caspian would come running and then would pause just short of his father looking much like a mirror image of him save for his blue eyes, the color of the sea. He blinked them and would tilt his head twitching his nose. “Daddy?” He would say as if he couldn’t believe his father was actually there, his small tail began to wag.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

|In the [shadow] of a Mountain|
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next