Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

|In the [shadow] of a Mountain|

Go down 
+2
Moohn
Silent
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Silent
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2009-01-11

|In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Seeing her ebon furred bodice no matter how far he had run he had enough energy to run as fast as he could to her. When he met with her a whine escaped his muzzle. He licked her face fervently sniffing up and down her length burying his face her coat inhaling everything that he lived for.

Atla's little ears popped up at the howl. It did not frighten her and the tone stirred something inside her. She too wanted to know who was coming. And when mother answered she swung her head around and looked at Caspian. "Lets look!" And just like that she was up and running after her mother, albeit in an awkward manner with her clumsy puppish legs.

Jack whole body vibrated with her relief at seeing his mate, no longer just a dream. "Oh Calypso..it has been too long...where are the-" But he stopped speaking because just at that moment he saw his daughter bounding towards him and the sight made him laugh..
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:45 pm

Calypso couldn’t breath. Her mate had come for her. She gave an excited yip and would press against him rolling her head in his pelt, drinking in his scent, the scent of the packlands, the sea.... “Oh my love, my sweet sweet love.” She would murr, her voice thick with emotion and her tail swaying a raven plume. “They are here..” She would smile and look behind her as her children would come running.

Caspian would come running and then would pause just short of his father looking much like a mirror image of him save for his blue eyes, the color of the sea. He blinked them and would tilt his head twitching his nose. “Daddy?” He would say as if he couldn’t believe his father was actually there, his small tail began to wag.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Pawprints : 1938

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 8:17 pm

Just then Jack's eyes were all for his children. They had grown...he had missed it but no..it truly wasn't that bad they were still young they would still remember his scent at least. When his son called to him in question a nervous laugh escaped him. "Yes...yes my son I am here." He trotted forward, his daughter had no question of who he was and ran straight for him nipping at his legs a puppish whine escaping her muzzle. Jack fell forward on his two front legs, rear in the air in a playful position. Excitement bubbled in his chest. It had been a long time since he felt like this. So very very happy. He licked them and swatted at his son and gently rolled Atla to the ground where she giggled. "Momma! Momma help me!"
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:41 am

Calypso would smile lovingly at Jack as he bowed to play with their children. They had missed him so much...and he had missed out on much as well. Time lost never regained but such was life. He was here and they remembered him well and they would build upon that. It wasn't as if they had been abandoned, he had whisked them away to safety. Calypso knew nothing of Liar's pups...or lack there of save one...nor the one being stolen.

She would laugh lightly at her mate and let her dark tail sway back and forth gently. "I am so glad to see you my love." she would say. "We missed you so much." With a deep sigh and a look of longing with eyes more blue than the sea.

"Help you?" she would say to her little daughter and would grin and then move closer and began tickling Atla herself with a paw. "Like this?" she would giggle.

Caspian would yip and bounce then when his father confirmed. Yes it was him. He would not hesitate when his father play bowed at him and would come running hard to pounce him and bite and nip and roll against his fur. As he was swatted at and rolled, he laughed and regained his gaingly puppy paws and would launch himself again at Jack.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:30 pm

Jack was embracing this moment with all his heart. It was all he had ever hoped to gain from this life . He inhaled the scents of his children and mate and was even more anxious now to bring them home. Once Caspian came at him again he feigned weakness and rolled to his side so that his son could 'attack' him. Atla giggled wildly as her mother tickled her. Jack sat up suddenly and looked very serious at his children. "Guess what!" He said, tongue lolling from his mouth, tail wagging in the sand as if he too were a pup. "How would you like two like to finally go home?" He glanced at Calypso and smiled. He wanted his family were they should be. He also didn't like leaving the pack alone for too long.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:51 pm

Calypso would smile at her mate lovingly. "Home..'She would murr the word like honey off her tongue. She missed the cool salt air the shadowy forest the sand.. the pack...and Jack. She would wag her tail excitedly and would smile. Her eyes shining like the ocean on a clear blue day.

Caspian would flick his ears forward and blink. "Home?" he would tilt his head and then would bounce. "Yes...home!! Lets go now!!" He would say and then turn his big puppy paws to stride off into the unknown...fearlessly. "Caspian." Calypso would call and he would stop and look at his mother. 'Wait for us." she would smile and tickle her daughter once more.

Family...once again...at last.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:52 am

Spite had seen the small family leave and he felt a bit sad. New pups were always exciting and he had wanted a chance to meet them but he supposed that he would have to find his entertainment elsewhere. Dmetri was coming back so he wouldn't be able to play with Mia today because he was so fiercely protective of his daughter. And the older male Tercial was no where to be found. He liked the older brutes suave company. He was so confident and everyone knew he was the only one who had ever caught Sorrow's eye which was a feat all in itself. Perhaps he could search of Lireal, she wasn't that much older than him and sometimes enjoyed roughing around. Scanning the area he couldn't see a sign of her and sighed knowing that a search would be fruitless. There were just too many places one wolf could be around here. So he sat atop of dune in the scrubby bushes of the terrain and waited for the next interesting thing to happen.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:29 am

OOC: oou i should skirt Chimera through here after the pearl!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 3:02 am

They had heard her complaints but they were shrewdly dismissed, when they finally got close enough to the den site Curse put Navi down. He had been carrying her for the last stretch. Making an exaggerated spitting noise he looked at her with a comical look of disgust on his face. "UGH, whadya roll around in sand before this?!" Sorrow swatted at him which he nimbly avoided. He shot a smug smile her way before bowing low before Navi. "Behold my lady, our fair kingdom of wind and sand! I hope you like eating everything with a bit of crunch!" Despair stepped up then and shot him a look which while Curse had the courtesy to look sheepish his smile still remained. "Navi, you will stay here for now. I can not be with you all the time but there are many in my clan." He bent real low and looked her in the eye. " I need you to listen to me well. Do not, do NOT wander off by yourself? Do you understand? We can not protect you if you wander away. You need to understand that this is no game. That brute would have killed you back there if he could have. You wander off, we're not looking for you. But I'll surely tell your parents where they can find your bones. Get it? Good." He stood then looking at Sorrow. "Get her some water and some company. I'm sure Spite will talk her poor ear off. I need to find my sons." With that he strode off shaking off his coat.

Sorrow looked down at Navi and sighed. "Come on kid, time to meet the locals." With that she too strode forward albeit a little slower. First stop was some water, so without further delay she found a small dip in the ground that was a relatively narrow hole and slide inside knowing the pup would follow. Here a cool cavern lent its wonders to the harsh desert, water rippling the light across the top. Sorrow went to the edge of the pool and it was not shallow enough for a full grown wolf to bath in, it was enough for a pup like Navi. She took a long drink and waited for her to come forward.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 1:26 pm

Navi sneezed some sand from her nose as they settled her in their lands. She thought surely they would have marched her straight back to Midnight Meadows. Blinking her eyes she then glared at Curse and her little hackles picked up. "No, someone just drug me through the sand dunes the last half of the way here." She replied grumpily. Her scruff was sore from being carried...not that anyone hurt her it was just her own weight tugging against her skin. She blinked then again at Curse as he bowed and made fun of the land he resided in, to which Despair shot him a look and somehow it made Navi feel satisfaction that he was caught. She looked at Despair and heard his words. She nodded softly. Though he was not her father nor alpha he was alpha here. His words were law....though at first she was going to shrug his warnings off when he stooped low and met her gaze she nodded agreement slowly. "Okay..." she said softly, the hackles on her coat smoothing as she submitted to him.

She listened then to his orders to Sorrow to find her some water and some company. She frowned. She didn't need company...she needed someone to teach her how to be fierce and brave and fearless. Sorrow's voice hit her auds then and she would lick her nose with a sigh. She followed and then would head through a narrow opening in the ground and low and behold there was water there. Her small eyes went wide as she would see and feel the coolness of the place. Moving forward she lapped at the cool liquid softly after Sorrow took a drink. "This is good." She said happily not realizing just how thirsty she was. "

A soft sigh came from her lips and she lay down at the edge of the water. The cool edge brought her pleasure and she looked at Sorrow. "It's nice down here....I can see why you all den here." She said knowingly then pushed herself to her feet. She knew now she had to meet her new 'babysitter' whomever it was getting her pawned off on them. Another heavy sigh she waited for Sorrow to lead.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 2:00 pm

Sorrow watched the young she wolf through cool green eyes, saw the satisfaction the drink gave her. A smile tugged at the corner of her mouth. It had been a long journey for a pup, especially one being carried. Navi looked at her and the softness stayed in her face. She was in general a stoic kind of wolfess but was not beholden to all these notions of strength by means of hiding emotions. Not that anyone would ever catch her shaking in her fur...but there was many reasons she preferred this clan life to those of the packs around them. Too many expectations just for where you lived and who you were packmates with. She was no bloodthirsty wolf but she would not hesitate to kill anymore than she would save a pup from drowning in a sandstorm. Taking cue from Navi she too slunk to her belly at the edge of the water. "It has it's nice moments. You can take a bath if you wish, you're small enough to get your whole body under." Navi stood up as if expecting to be carted off soon. "Relax kid, no one cares what you do around here. But keep Despair's warning in mind. He's not a bad sort, just a little gruff sometimes." She smiled at her and proceeded to roll on her side enjoying the cool stone beneath her back.

"So tell me true, why did you run away? I hear those Midnights are a pretty good lot, not like to bite your nose off for peeing in the den." Her voice was soft, a mothers voice. And why not? She had children of her own, though they had since grown up, some lived with the clan others wandered far afield.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 6:52 pm

Navi didn't wait for any more prompting from Sorrow. Sliding herself into the cool pool she could have melted in it's wet blessing. She ducked and lapped at the water some more while pondering Sorrow's questions. 

Glad to hear they didn't care what she did around here and Sorrow's reassurance that Despair was a good wolf if not gruff. She looked down at her rippled reflection. "Because of Damean...because of my parents...." She said softly. "Damean forgot me...my parents forgot me too...they weren't happy with just me and Damean...they had to bring HER too. Damean liked her better..." She gave a soft sigh and clentched her teeth tightly. "So I decided that I would go and learn how to be a tough wolf...strong...tough...and show them that I was not going to be forgotten." Her voice went to a soft whisper.

She didn't understand why she was even telling Sorrow this...why confide it in the she wolf with the green eyes. Clearing her throat she shook water from her ears. "Anyway...I thought if anyone could teach me it would be Despair. He said he would help me once...I remember..." She added with a firm resolution.

Another reason was that she felt no one liked her there. Her mood swung wildly from time to time and she didn't know where she got that from. Her mother, Cinder, and her father, Link, were steadfast and reliable....wonderful wolves. She felt like she was a dissapointment on top of everything.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 2:59 pm

Sorrow's lids were half closed but she was watching Navi intently her ears cupped casually forward to catch her soft lyrics. She read the lines of rejection and hurt in the youths body, the forlorn look that should never be a pups face. So she had felt forgotten, unfavored by her very parents and she cast out to become stronger. Sorrow felt a smile at the corner of her mouth, my she could think of a few wolves who exhibited these same traits. She wondered who the She was that the young fae was referencing but she was willing to bet she knew who the Damean was. She let the words hang in the air not commenting. When the silence stretched long enough she cleared her throat and rose to her feet. "Come topside again and get dry in the sun, I'm sure there be something more interesting watch too. Then again, it might just be a bunch of sand" She winked at Navi and exited the den her face tilted to the sun. The season was becoming milder but there was no extreme change out here in the lone lands...just less hot.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 6:01 pm

Navi took a deep breath, glad that Sorrow didn't bombard her with questions. Glad she didn't seem to pry into her life. Navi already had given away too much. She wrinkled her nose at the thought. But then again...Sorrow seemed to understand. At least, that was the way Navi took it. Her silence meant understanding. That in itself was something Navi hadn't felt she had in a long time. 

Sorrow finally spoke and it was not of comforts or coddling. It was something to do. Navi nodded and shook out her pelt. Another deep breath and she cocked her head. "Something interesting to watch?" She blinked wondering what could be out there but sand, sand, and more sand. Though she had to admit...this secret water was a surprise....could the desert hold more?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: |In the [shadow] of a Mountain|   |In the [shadow] of a Mountain| - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

|In the [shadow] of a Mountain|
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4