Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I walk a lonley road....

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-01-25

I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:21 pm

"I hope for the both of us that I'm right," Angie said, standing over the unconscious body. She looked over her shoulder at the mountain, the full moon cusping the edge. From there, she could see a tiny, fox-like silhouette. "C'mon. Aku-Aku's waiting. He probably has all the supplies up there. We should drag Tyrone's body up, but we'll have to be careful... He's injured, afterall. And I know zilch when it comes to healing," she said, placing her jaws around a chunk of flesh between Tyrone's shoulders, lifting with what remaining strength she had. It was clear that she was exhausted, but she knew that she couldn't rest. Who knew when Tyrone would wake up? She looked to Raven expectantly. She couldn't do this alone...

Umbulali stumbled in the darkness, blood gushing from his neck, his body now littered with scars. He coughed, spitting up blood and old meat, snarling along the way. When he looked up, he found a pair of orange eyes burning into his; slits of hatred. "Now, don't look at me like that, Tyrone. So you got a boo-boo. Would you like your dear mother to kiss it for you?" Umbulali cackled. Tyrone's only response was an audible one - a low, treacherous growl. Umbulali frowned. It was then that he realized that somehow, Tyrone was the same size as him... He was no longer a tiny whelp capable of fitting into his jaws. He raised his head, ready for yet another fight. "Now, this will not do..."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:34 pm

Raven trembled and would give a soft nod and then took a deep breath and nodded. "Okay.." she said feeling much like she had after she was raped. Tasting Tyrone's blood had unsettled her. She moved slowly and grasped the fur upon his rump, where it was loose and began to drag his body up the path to the plateau on the mountain.

Silently she said a prayer as they moved in the moonlight. If he couldn't be helped Fenris grant him a painless death.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Pawprints : 1971

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:03 pm

Pulling Tyrone's large form up the mountain was no easy task. Moving him across the sand to the foot of the plateau was simple enough, but it would require much strength of the both of them to carry him up. Angie set her end down, trying to think things through and catch her breath. There was chance she could carry him on her back... but she was too exhausted to do so. And Raven was still wounded... Angie could see blood still dripping from the slash in her shoulder. Hopefully, Aku-Aku would be able to address their injuries as well. Knowing that there was still much work to be done, Angie picked up Tyrone's scruff again, and hauled him up the mountain. He would occasionally twitch or spasm, but it was not enough for him to be awake. Perhaps there was something going on inside, something that had to do with the evil soul to invade his body... It was still hard to believe that the brute before her was her father, her sire...
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:09 pm

They paused to catch their breath and Raven let down the loose skin over Tyrone's rump and she panted. Her blue eyes closed and it almost seemed she could hear the drip,drip,drip...of her blood from the wound in her shoulder onto the baked floor beneath her paws below.

Licking her jaws she looked at Angie. This was going to take much time, dragging him wasn't effective. She cleared her throat. "Help me....get him on my back." She said. It wasn't a request but a need and before Angie would protest of her injury she shook her head. "My wound is fine...a scratch." She said and bent her body so it would be easier to manuver Tyrone onto her back.

Smaller than him yes but she was strong and Raven had a will that was determined. He will have to be killed for sure if they didn't get him to Aku-Aku, and the twitching of his muscles meant he was alive enough to awaken soon. They had to do this....she had to do this.

"Help steady him....we can do this Angie." She said and shoved herself under Tyrone. The last time she had been under him was a painful memory...but even though her body stiffened for a moment she would push past it.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 7:25 pm

Angie opened her mouth to protest, but instead closed it, seeing the fiery determination in Raven's eyes. Raven got beneath him and Angie had to use her remaining strength to balance him on her back. He was such a large brute that he nearly covered Raven completely. "I'll walk behind you, in case anything happens," Angie said, walking around in the back of them. If Tyrone woke up, they would have a quick means of escape, or, if Raven fell, she'd be able to catch her... Though, she knew she wasn't strong enough to catch Tyrone if Raven dropped him. However, it looked like a risk they would have to take. Angie found her eyes straying to Raven's wound, still bleeding, but not as badly as before. It was a wound that would heal. Hopefully, if what happened to Tyrone was successful with Aku-Aku, then Raven's heart would heal as well. It was all Angie really wanted to see, afterall.

The battle within was unlike any battle that had ever been waged before. Two wolves, almost exactly the same in form and strength, tore one another to pieces. When one fell the other rose, but as the other rose, he fell. It was an endless cycle. They were fighting in the darkness, tumbling into an endless oblivion - never stopping, never waiting. Their claws ripped skin and their jaws crunched bones, and still, they rose to face one another again and again. Their wills were as matched as their strength, but even for all they fought, they knew that only one could be the victor...
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:37 pm

Pillars shoved hard lifting Tyrone's dead weight. The effort caused the wound in her shoulder to spill crimson at a more steady rate once more. She ignored it. This had to be done...one way or the other Tyrone would be at Peace.

She looked at Angie and nodded. The strain leaving her unable to speak. She would begin her struggle, up that mountain, leaving a trail of crimson behind her. Though the wound bled at a steady pace it was far from her heart and would heal eventually. She would force herself every step a struggle...a nightmare...feeling Tyrone's body agianst her....the fear that he had brough..the anger.

Higher and higher she climbed. Until she was almost at the summit. "Angie.." She breathed, tongue lolling now. "How much further?" She asked. Her voice sounded much like a tired welp. Small and exhausted.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:06 pm

The climb wasn't easy for Raven. Angie stayed close, picking up Tyrone's body when he began to slip, carrying one of his legs when the burden became to heavy. They were reaching the top, now. "Only a couple of more feet," Angie replied, pushing her body against Raven's to keep her moving and keep her upright. If Raven stopped, there was a risk of dropping Tyrone down the mountainside altogether. With a few more steps, they reached the flattened top of the plateau, where Aku-Aku stood next to his den, anticipating their arrival. He scampered up to them, but left them room to move. "Easy does it with his body now, you have no idea of the war inside him at the moment..." he said, watching them with his silvery eyes, though he could see nothing at all. "When you drop him, you can rest. I'll be tending to his wounds first and making sure that he stays asleep."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:23 am

Raven struggled up the incline, grateful for Angie's supportive form. It gave her the strength to finish her journey and reach the plateau of the mountain. She panted tongue lolling pink and warm. She would let her blue eyes search tword the sound of soft clicking paws against the sandy stone of the ground below.

She looked over at the small fox and heard his words. She gave a slight nod as her legs quivered and she would drop down her front end and gently as possible let Tyrone slide from his shoulders.

She forced herself back to her feet and then licked her dry lips, the blood on her shoulder dripped softly to the ground around crusted fur. She took two steps away and then looked at Tyrone then to Aku. "If you cannot help him....he needs to be at peace." She stated and moved to the small waterhole to wet her throat with the cool liquid and then her legs finally gave out on her and she collapsed into the rock and sand.

Her blue eyes closed. She was weak now...but far from dead...rest would heal her.....she raised her head to look at Tyrone. But was he going to be able to be helped? And would she ever be able to trust him again?
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:08 pm

Aku-Aku paused, looking up at Raven with his great, silver eyes. "I completely understand. I will try to make it as painless as possible, if necessary," he said, and then walked up to the big wolf's slumbering form. He sniffed the blood crusted around Tyrone's shoulder and placed his little fox paws on the wounds, pressing on certain spots, examining him even though he could not see. He could feel Angie and Raven's eyes upon him, but he did not mind; this was their friend, afterall. He sniffed Tyrone's breath and recoiled at the horrible smell, the smell of death. He scampered over to his den and pulled out a few dried clumps of desert passionflowers, stuffing them into Tyrone's mouth and nudging his jaws together to not so much eat the plant, but to release the juices and absorb the medicine through his gums. He next went into his den and pulled out a bush-like bundle with yellow buds, dipped it in the watering hole, and then used his maw to squeeze out the water, dripping drops into Tyrone's open wounds. He then went into his den thrice more and pulled out a stick wrapped in cobwebs, in which he used as a bandage over the big wolf's injuries.

Aku-Aku walked over to Raven and Angie, who were now lying in exhaustion on the plateau ground. "Your friend will be out for quite some time. Another day, at least. He will wake next sunset. Then, the desert and I will be able to treat him" he said, hoping to ease their spirits. "If you would, allow me to examine your wounds."

Angie nudged Raven with his nose. Her cheek was still bleeding, but the cut on Raven's shoulder was the deepest injury between the both of them. "I'll be okay for now," she whispered, and laid her head on her paws.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 5:51 pm

Raven nodded slowly and would rest her own head on her paws, her body exhausted...her mind even more so. Her blue eyes would watch the little fox almost seem to dance here and there upon Tyrone's prone body.

Her lids were heavy and half lidded her eyes as she watched him place herbs in his mouth. Glancing over to Angie she weakly gave the tip of her tail a brief wag, a sign of friendship and thanks.

It wouldn't be long and Aku-Aku would walk over and Angie felt the soft nose nudging her. She took a breath. "He bit my shoulder....it's deep." She said softly and took a deep deep breath before forcing herself to her feet. As she did so new blood seeped from the crusted wound.

She paused. "When he wakes....what will he be like when he wakes?" She asked softly.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 11:57 pm

"I know," Aku-Aku replied about Raven's wound, though he could not see it. The scent of her blood was thick enough in his nares to let him know. With his tongue he cleaned away the crusted blood and sand, spitting out the matted fur beside him. "This is going to hurt," he murmured, picking up the soaked creosote plant, and squeezed the droplets into her open wound. He then used his tiny fox paws to push the folds of her ripped flesh together, tossed a yellow powder on it, and covered it with cobwebs. Aku-Aku's bat-like ears twitched at her words.

"He will be unpleasant," he said shortly. "When you or Angela are rested enough, I will require your assistance before he wakes. While I could restrain him now, my bones are old and the night is waning. I am a being of the night, but trust me, I will wake an hour or so before he does to prepare." His moon-like gaze turned to Angie. "And your injuries?"

"I'll be okay. It's just a scratch and some bruises," Angie replied, and Aku-Aku nodded, and headed off for his den. Angie sighed, wrapped her tail around her worn body, her yellow gaze on the moon. She had never thought that things would have ended up quite like this...
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 2:02 pm

Raven took a deep breath and closed her eyes as he worked dillgently. He warned of the hurt and she nodded. The pain of the liquid being squeezed into her wound was almost welcome, she felt numb after that journey...after having Tyrone upon her back all the way up the mountain....the feeling of his flesh atop hers, reawakened nightmares.

"Thank you." She said graciously as Aku-Aku finshed tending her wound. "We will do our best to help you when the time comes." She said glancing over at Angie as he asked of her wounds.

She stared at her even after Aku-Aku would head for his small den. "Are you sure you are alright?" Raven asked quietly looking at her friend. "That cut bled quite a bit."
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:35 pm

"Yeah, I'm fine," Angie replied, smiling, her cheek twinging in pain but not bleeding. "I've been through a lot worse, you could say..." She looked at her paws, considering her next words, what she wanted to tell Raven. Now that she knew that this Tyrone fellow was her blood-father, anything she said about her pack could be taken as his pack as well. There was, of course, the mystery as to why Tyrone vanished. Her wicked mother had told her stories of how he was a good-for-nothing brute of a husband, though she didn't know how much of that was true. She didn't know the real Tyrone much at all. If anything, she felt closer to Raven than this fellow who shared her fur and blood. However, there was time to kill, and it was better to get things out in the open than to keep them all held in.

"As you probably know... Our pack wasn't the friendliest one, even to one another. There was always some kind of chaos going on," she said, meeting Raven's blue eyes directly. "Some of us could hold our own, but others couldn't, some of the females, especially. It felt like almost every night, one was raped. Males had tried to get me, but I proved a little too feisty for their tastes. Anyways. I defended these females from their assaults. Some would try and kill me in the process, but that's the thing, they tried. I only killed one of them, though. Otherwise, I let them go. For some reason, I had always hoped that they would change or something for the better..."

She trailed off, her golden orbs now tilted up to the silver moon. To the east, a green filter stretched across the blue-blackness of the night, a sign that the sun was rising. She turned to Raven again. "That's why I'm not afraid to help you, Raven. I've been through it before," she laid her head on her paws, now thinking of all of the females she left behind. She had helped them, but the guardian of their dens while they slept... She could only pray that someone had taken her place. What was being done in the pack wasn't right, and she knew it in her heart. Though the desert was vast and quiet with the early dawn, she could still hear their whimpers in her auds, see their horrified faces in her mind... Her tri-colored pelt shivered in the chill air, trying to shake off the feeling and get some rest. It wouldn't do her any good to think of them right now.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:02 pm

Raven gave a nod and smiled gently at Angie as she said she had been through a lot worse. "So have I.." She whispered and looked over at the sleeping figure of the wolf who was Tyrone but not Tyrone. Her black ears flicked back and she would look over at Angie and nodded. "I have met a wolf named Darrel and a bitch." She spat the word not even wanting to name her. Tyrone had her for a mate before...she blinked and then looked over at Raven. It was her mother. There was no doubting that now that the thought crossed her mind.

"I do know that the pack you come from isn't exactly...ideal. I can only imagine what horrors you witnessed and probably suffered." She exhaled softly. "I know you aren't afraid to help me Angie. I am glad for it...grateful for it...other than the Tyrone I used to know....well...he was all I had in the world...until you came along. I am happy to call you friend." She said laying her own head out upon her paws and then licking her nose.

She drifted.

Nighmares ate at her skull and her nose and feet twitched as she raced in her dreams.

Dawn began creeping over the horizon and far off the first birds sang the sun's glory.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:41 pm

Raven's words of thanks put her at ease. "You're welcome, Raven," Angie said in a low tone, and then laid her own head down on her paws. Ever since she had met Raven, sleep had not come easy to her - she did not know if it was because of the situation itself, or something else. Regardless, tonight, of all nights that should have been sleepless or uncomfortable, she slept and dreamed of things that she... had never quite dreamed about before. When brutes chased her in her dreams they wanted to kill or rape her, but tonight, she laughed as they chased her, just out of a paw's reach. They could chase all they wanted to, but they would never get her, not even to the ends of the earth.

She awoke to the hot sun pounding the darker spots of her fur, and opened her eyes to find that it was midday. She could see that Raven was already awake, perhaps for several hours, and that Aku-Aku was still tucked in the depths of his den and Tyrone lay as motionless as the night before. It didn't look like Raven noticed that she was awake, and thus she cracked only one eye open, watching the fae in silence. There had not yet been a moment when she and the unconscious Tyrone had been alone, and now, the calm before the storm, seemed to be the perfect moment.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 7:55 pm

Raven startled awake at dawn. Not nearly enough sleep but she had done with less. Someone had to watch. Aku-Aku was still in his den and Angie still slept...restlessly but she slept. Raven's ears twiched with her soft whimpers and breathing. She stood and walked over to him and took a deep breath watching his chest rise and fall in the morning light.

He lay there so prone and vulnerable and her heart ached fiercely in conflicting emotions. The shards of her shattered heart still loved him...but in the same breath she hurt so much from what he did....she almost hated him. If Angie hadn't have called to her she might have let her teeth finish him....at least...she thought he would. She parted her lips and shook her head. "Where did you go Tyrone..." She whispered softly, staring at him with those blue eyes. "and did you ever love me?" she questioned shaking her head. She walked to the pool then and took a quiet drink and then moved settling herself to where she could watch Tyrone, Aku-Aku's hole, and the sleeping Angie.

She was to restless to sleep now and she felt at war within herself. AKu didn't even know if he could fix Tyrone....or was he broken already when she met him and this was his true self? She didn't know. Laying her head on her paws she watched them even as the hot sun rose in the sky to heat up her black fur. Before long shade would be needed....Tyrone would need it to or he would cook.... She glanced at Aku's hole once more and then back to Angie.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 2:12 pm

Angie lie there, watching Raven stand above Tyrone. It was in those instances that Angie felt like she didn't know Raven at all - she couldn't see her face or hear her thoughts, but Angie could imagine the unpleasant thoughts in her head. Then the fem turned around and headed towards her. She yawned, as if just waking up, and rolled over on her stomach. She stretched her front paws, cat-like, and gave a shake of her pelt to wake up. "Morning," she said, though the dawn had clearly already passed. Her body ached of the journey and battle from the day before, and her stomach was feeling light. The pig had provided them a snack, not a full meal. She glanced out to the bright glare of the desert, her yellow eyes watering. She wondered how far a walk it would be to reach the meat cache... But she knew she could not leave Raven alone. She looked back to the dark-hued fem. "How'd you sleep?" she asked with a slight pant. There was a meek tree sprouting near the far ledge of the plateau, offering little shade from the sweltering sun...
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:00 pm

Raven heard Angie's voice and her head swiveled and ears perked to the tone of her voice. "I slept ...as well as can be expected. What of yourself?" She asked softly and turned her footfalls over to come and settle by her. Haunches would hit the ground and she took a deep breath. It was going to be a hot day today.

"I haven't seen Aku-Aku yet today I wonder what his plans are for Tyrone?" She asked softly letting her blue eyes shift back to his prone form laying out surely baking in the sun. She frowned and gave a soft sigh. "It's too hot to be laying in this sun today.." She said matter of factly and flicked her tail. "I wonder if Aku wants us to move him somewhere." She asked. THough she was thinking about it anyway...no wolf could stand laying in the heat all day.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:54 pm

"Maybe we can move him over there," she said, indicating with her muzzle at the little tree near the far ledge. It was a pathetic thing, with a twisted trunk and weak little branches, but the leaves still sprouted as bright as green grass with saffron buds. It provided enough shade for the three of them, if they were to huddle close. "Aku-Aku's probably sleeping... But he said he'd be up by dusk. So I guess we just have to wait until then." She stood up, the red earth hot on her pads, and she walked over to Tyrone's comatose form. His wounds, though treated, left a rotting smell as they cooked in the sun. She nudged him once, to see if he would stir, but he slumbered still. Angie then pushed on his back. "Help me. He's too heavy to move by myself," she said, and as if on cue, her stomach rumbled again. Dammit. If they didn't get a decent meal soon, she knew that they wouldn't last very long. The water in the hole that Aku-Aku had provided for them several nights before was close to being gone, and they were dehydrated enough as it was...
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 4:17 pm

Calypso looked at Angie and gave a nod. "It would be better than nothing..." she said and moved slowly to take up the brunt of Tyrone's weight by picking him up by the scruff to drag him to the pathetic excuse for shade. "Yes....we can only pray the day goes by quickly." She said as soon as they finished dragging the male who had once held her heart then shattered it.

She gave a heavy sigh and then she would look at the diminishing waterhole. A frown creased her lips and she would take a deep breath. The growl of Angie's stomach echoing loudly in her ears."Let me go search the scrubs. Maybe I can find a lizard or snake....or hare." She said looking at Angie and giving a sweep of her tail to reassure the younger fem. She stepped away, limping slightly from the injury to her shoulder but she forced a more regular step to keep Angie from worrying. "Keep an eye on him for me please?" she asked and then without waiting for answer or protest she slipped down the side of the plateau.

She needed time alone. This whole thing was shaking her again. She felt torn in two. Two wolves...one of hate and one of love in the same body. THe wolf that hated wanted Tyrone dead. She wanted to take from him something precious to make him feel the hurt of what he did to her. A soft sigh. The wolf that loved though hurt and injured was still stronger than that hateful beast.

Into the scrub she went. Her first find was a mouse and she crunched and swallowed in one bite.
It was ungodly hot already she doubted she would find much unless the prey she was seeking took refuge in the slight shadow of scrub below. A vibrating buzz tickled her ears and off to her left she saw a large rattlesnake. She took a deep breath...she would only attempt that if they were starving. Too dangerous. Skirting around it she continued, looking like a mirage in the heat waves of the day. Soon she came upon a blessing. In the shadow of a cacti was a small covey of quail. The scent of them hit her nose and she charged causing them to bolt into the air at the last minute.

White jaws flashed, feathers flew and she tasted the metallic tang of blood in her mouth. She had snapped wildly trying to catch more than one bird in their terror and luck happened to be with her. She killed two and wounded another who's life ended quickly when her jaws closed around it's broken body and finished it with a sickening snap.

She gathered them up and by now it was late afternoon. She had wandered a bit farther than she had wanted to finding this meal but at least there was food ....for the moment. Her own belly growled and she would ascend the plateau to where she left Angie and Aku and Tyrone. Dropping the birds on the ground she would blink those blue eyes to see hopefully the scene she left. Tyrone sleeping and Angie watching....Aku-aku in his dark hole.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 5:10 pm

Angie opened her mouth to protest; she was the stronger wolf, the one with the minor injuries, but she could see that Raven was silently insistent. She watched the dark fem disappear over the ledge to hunt for the day, and for the first time in many days, Angie was alone with her thoughts, collecting in the summer sun. She glanced at the tri-hued wolf at her side. Her father, the man she never met. She wondered why he had left the pack. Was it the same reason she had? Because of the blood, the violence, the endless war? "My mother always said you left because you were a useless son of a bitch. That you were chasing another's tail," she said aloud to him, though she knew he couldn't hear her. Or maybe he could, beneath the evil that was consuming his soul. She didn't know, but it seemed to relieve a weight in her chest. "But I guess if that was true... You and Raven would already have a litter of pups by now. I wouldn't mind. Things back home... If you could call it that... They don't change much. But it would be nice if I could have some little brothers or little sisters that didn't have to go through what we did."

She fell quiet for a moment, considering what she had said. But then she shook her head, dismissing it. "But when you wake up... I'll have to go. Because, technically speaking, you and I never met. Raven says good things about you, but... I'm not sure I'm ready to meet you yet. There's still a lot I haven't figured out," she said, and laid her head on her outstretched paws. A cicada whined in the scraggly tree above them, and there was not a cloud in the clear blue sky. The heat climbed with the height of the sun, and by noon, Angie gave in to well-needed nap after a sleepless night.

She woke to the sound of footsteps and the smell of blood. Instantly, she was on her feet, only to find that Raven had returned with a feathered meal. At the same time, Aku-Aku emerged from his den, his milky eyes hazy with sleep. "Must have felt nice in there," Angie snorted, noting that the blazing sun from the day was now beginning to set. Aku-Aku nodded. "Oh yes, much nicer than out here. It's dark, quiet, and rather cool," he replied, completely missing Angie's sarcasm. He sniffed the air, blind eyes looking in Raven's direction. "Ah, breakfast. So kind of you to hunt, Raven. All I really catch up here is mice and beetles, and the beetles I have to dig for." Angie couldn't help but smirk, seeing the three birds in Raven's mouth. It was small compared to the pig they had caught two days ago, but it was enough. "Thank you, Raven."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:35 am

Raven lay down her spoils and would take a deep breath. Both Angie and Aku-aku were up and about now. She felt grateful for that. She nosed a bird to Angie and then would pick one up and lay it at Aku's feet. The other she left sitting on the sand as she walked slowly to the water that brought life here. "You are welcome....both of you." She said softly and bending her delicate black muzzle to lap at the water quenching her thirst. The mouse in her belly was long gone...but if Tyrone was to become himself again he needed food too. He had already been a whole day without water and in the heat.

They should feel lucky the buzzards weren't circling yet.

She lay down in the growing patch of shade and looked to Aku-aku. "So tell me Aku-aku....is there something to do for Tyrone or is he lost?" She asked bluntly. Her time alone in the dessert allowing for a lot of thinking and it brought questions to her mind.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:10 pm

Aku-Aku did not immediately reply. Instead, he turned his head to the sky, the violet fabric of the night sinking down upon the soft bands of vibrant orange. Like earlier that day, there was not a cloud in sight, but Aku-Aku smiled nonetheless. It would still be a while before dusk, even though the sun was already more than halfway through its path in the sky. He inhaled the dry, hot air that rose like an exhaling breath from the desert, and then slowly nodded. "I believe there is," he said, without even turning to look at Tyrone. "But I will need your assistance. My call to the spirits alone will not be enough." He then stood from his meal and trotted to the strange lines in the sand he had drawn the previous night. He didn't have to see them to know that they were still there. He paused, looked up, and smiled a near-toothless smile at the two wolves. "Bring your friend to the center symbol here. Then, we shall dance! Aieyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeeee!"

The fox began to jump out, surprisingly nimble for someone his age, and it was obvious that he was ready to begin. Angie paused, a brow raised at him, but decided that it was better not to question it. She came to Tyrone's side to drag him halfway up, but he was still much bigger than her. She would need Raven's help. "I guess he is kind of a crazy old man," she smirked, tail wagging at Raven. She didn't know how much faith Raven had in Aku-Aku, but Angie knew that she had to do what she could.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Raven flicked her ears forward at Aku-Aku's silence. She noted that smile upon his fox features and then she looked down to Tyrone as he said that his calling the spirits may not be enough. What would it take then? She wondered silently to herself.

She followed his order to move to the center symbol but then blinked at him when he said they should dance. She looked over at Angie as if a bit confused but bent her neck to drag Tyrone to the center. "Kind of?" She whispered to Angie and flicked an ear as she watched him jump and spin nimbly. She had never danced in her life.

She would take a deep breath. "Dance?" she questioned him again a bit of unsure in her eyes. The fox had helped them thus far but did he really think them dancing about Tyrone's motionless body would aid him? She would flick her tail and then would tilt her head looking at Angie once more.

Then she moved. She didn't move such as the fox. Nimble and bounding. She moved slower...more graceful...as if unsure of herself yet unable to be clumsy in the act. Her blue eyes flicked to Angie and then once more to Tyrone. Why should she do this? Why should she even care? He hurt her....he took from her something that could never be brought back...and yet...deep in those broken shards of her heart quivered the love she still had for him.

And because of that...she danced.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:14 am

Angie watched as Aku-Aku bounced about with the energy of the youth, and as Raven swayed to an unheard rhythm. Angie's own paws itched to dance as well, but the still body at her feet kept her in place. If things got out of hand... Someone would have to keep guard while the so-called 'ritual' was going on. Aku-Aku continued to jump about, lifting his head to the amber sky and releasing a sound from his throat that was more coyote than fox. "Aieyeyeyeyeye! Venir la lluvia fuerte para quitar los males de este alma inocente! Liberar el mal de su jaula y le limpie con su toque decadente!"

With Aku-Aku and Raven's eyes closed, neither of them seemed to notice that in the distance, a rainstorm was clustered near the Muerta Mountains, and slowly crawling towards them. Could... Could Aku-Aku's call and Raven's dance be beckoning the storm towards them? But what would a storm do for Tyrone? A rogue wind suddenly blew across the lands, blasting through Angie's fur, and yes, it did... smell like rain. Angie shivered, the hairs of her tri-hued coat now standing on end, a charge buzzing through the air. She folded her ears back, her eardrums stinging, but more in annoyance than extreme pain. Aku-Aku did not slow his dance down, nor stop his chanting; in fact, it seemed to pick up. Angie looked down at Tyrone... He was still lying there, unconscious. What would happen if he woke up? What if he started attacking everyone? The wound on her face stung at the thought. Fighting up here would mean certain death... One of them could bleed out, fall off the side of the cliff, or get taken by the storm.

"I hope when you wake up, you're you," Angie said to the large wolf at her feet. She still wasn't sure what she was going to say to him - her blood father - but, the most she could hope for is to talk to him over fight with him. If not for her sake, then for Raven's.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:15 pm

Raven closed her eyes letting Aku-Aku's song pull her. Her feet moved in grace and hardly stirred the sand below them as she floated across it. Thoughts raced through her mind..this was foolish creeping a soft whisper into the back of her skull. She should just kill Tyrone as he lay helpless....for what he did....for what he ruined...but then another sound echoed. It was the beating of her heart and deep down she knew it wasn't really Tyrone who had hurt her so.

Her emotions were torn. Roiling much like the storm clouds that pushed over the Muerta mountains and tumbled toward them in a pregnant storm. Her ears pinned feeling the electricity building in the air. They were exposed up here....she too had a fleeting thought that echoed Angies. What if he wasn't him?

Spinning she pinned her ears back and felt the electricity of the storm. Would the rains come and pelt his tri colored hide rousing him....would he be the same old goofy Tyrone she knew and loved? It was as if her breath stilled and her movements quickened to match Aku-aku's....and her blood rushed in her ears drowning out all other noise as she waited.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 5:39 pm

The clouds grew closer with each passing minute. Soon, it was overhead, swirling and pitching, a dark and angry stormcloud. The rolling front reflected the citrine sunset and golden desert, thunder growling towards the horizon. Aku-Aku came to an abrupt halt, tilted his blind eyes at the sky, and grinned. "So the old call still works... Excellent," he murmured. The footsteps on the Earth told him that Raven was still dancing, and he said nothing, lest he interrupt the silent cleansing of her spirit. He instead walked up to Angie, who stood over Tyrone's body like a quiet guardian. "Bring him to the center, do not mind the markings. I will bind his legs together. And then, we will let the spirits do their work," he murmured, and Angie nodded, pulling on her blood-father's scruff and dragging him to the very middle of the plateau. The thunder clenched her insides as she used dried rabbit sinews to wrap all four of his paws together, preventing him from moving. She didn't know what these 'spirits' had in mind for him, but at least something would be done.

Aku-Aku raised his head to the sky again, continuing the call, but with a different dialect. Something much older, something that Angie couldn't understand. She felt something stir in her stomach and rise in her chest, and then she found her paws moving beneath her, dancing to something that she didn't have the memory to remember. She then raised her head and howled, long and strong, echoing the thunder. It was a howl that was picked up by the wind and taken into the storm...

He heard a howl, loud and clear. It was not a howl he recognized, but it felt familiar, somehow. His bones ached and his fur was caked with dried blood. He shouldn't be alive. Shouldn't still be here. But this howl... It was pulling him through. He was a small pup in a black world, but all this howl could tell him was... He was not alone. Tyrone pushed himself up and began to walk, slowly, towards what he thought was a faint light at the end of the tunnel. The realm of the living, the world that he knew. Where life was. Where Raven was, though this was not her howl. Just as he was able to feel the warmth on his face, a crashing coldness knocked him backward, spiraling him away from the light. The snarl was unmistakable.

"You shall not pass," Umbulali hissed, eyes blazing red with raging and fur standing on end. "Go home. Go die. This is my world. And your soul will feed mine."

But Tyrone stood, the sound of the unknown wolf's howl channeling through his veins; and if he strained his ears, he could even hear some kind of chanting, sounding to the beat of his heart. "No. Your soul will feed mine," he growled, and lunged for Umbulali's throat.

The large wolf lying on the ground screamed, eyes flying open, as if electrocuted. His jaws opened and his legs kicked, but remained bound within the sinews. Angie paused for a moment, turning to Aku-Aku, fearing that Tyrone was in pain. But Aku-Aku ignored her, continuing his chant, proceeding as usual. If he did not find anything wrong, then certainly... This was the way the ritual must go. It would not be easy, nor painless, but in the end, hopefully Tyrone would be the wolf to come out of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I walk a lonley road....
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next