Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I walk a lonley road....

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Registration date : 2009-01-12

I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 2:44 pm

I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Raven10

Raven laughed loudly as Tyrone went back into the drink. Her tail swayed and before he could let out the words "You should join me it's fun!" She had launched herself to try and give him another dunking again. She laughed again. It was fun. He knew just how to brighten her day.

They were probably making enough noise to scare off all the prey for miles. She grabbed the scruff of Tyrone's neck and yanked playfully as she tried to splash him at the same time. ...I will show him who is no fun...she thought to herself and growled playfully.

The sun was now on it's downward decent and lowering in the sky. Soon the blessed cool of the night would be upon them.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 4:45 pm

I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 5078765280_bff498deab

And down he went, splashing back into the pool. "You're just determined to drown me, aren't you?" he laughed, twisting his body and using his weight to dunk her, this time. They splashed and romped and spent the rest of the day just playing about, as if they were puppies in a puddle. The sun began to set, though, casting an orange glow over the golden lands. The earth began to cool. Tyrone stepped out of the water, shaking his coat off for a final time, gazing off into the sunset.

"We should probably eat something before we go looking," he suggested, his stomach growling. It seemed like it was days ago that he had eaten the tarantula instead of only mere hours. "Because I'm hungry as hell."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 4:58 pm

Raven laughed and nodded. "I sure am!" she said and then squeaked as he dunked her under. She came up sputtering and gave chase through the afternoon and into the early evenings painted sky. She too followed him out of the pond and shook the water from her pelt one last time, letting it slice off and hit the sand and trying to pretend that she wasn't trying to get Tyrone wet again one last time. She had a faint smirk upon her maw when she heard him suggest a hunt.

"I agree...my belly is empty.." she said and her belly growled in agreement. Prey around the waterhole would be scarce though today at least. Two wolves making noise and bounding about might have had something to do with it. She stretched and then nodded. "We probably won't find anything around here now..." She said and walked over and shouldered him lightly. "But there is an out cropping of rocks. We might find a hare or two...or perhaps some quail or lizards." She said.

Raven had come a long way since she first met Tyrone. She was perfectly capable of handling the desert life now. "So lets go." she said and tugged on his ear and then bolted from the oasis. Anyone watching would see a black shadow running tail high from the scrub.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Pawprints : 1971

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:22 pm

"Mmm..." Tyrone said, closing his eyes and licking his lips. How he relished a delicious meal. But, a part of him wondered how long they would be able to survive out here. Yes, they had shelter and water, but it was the lack of large prey that concerned him. A wolf could get by a couple of days on hare and lizards and giant bugs, but without larger game, survival would be more difficult than that of in a forest. But, maybe they could adapt. Already his heavy fur had fallen off in clumps, cooling his large body. Traveling through the desert had also burned off much fat, so now he was all muscle, but still bulky in every way.

Raven took off, a silent black shadow against the white sand, lit up by the moon peeking over the horizon. Tyrone took off beside her, his strides long and powerful; an iron beast. He allowed her to take the lead - she was a better hunter than he, that was for certain. He watched the wind ripple through her purplish-hued coat, her form like an ebony silk ribbon flowing in the breeze. He wouldn't say it, but the sight was breathtaking. He hoped she wouldn't notice him staring, for he turned away to focus on the desert in front of him. He lifted his nose in the air, hoping to catch something... And ahh, there was the wonderful aroma of water buffalo. Large game.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:09 am

Raven lengthened her stride. She hadn't noticed Tyrone's stare but she had noticed the scent of waterbuffalo. Odd usually they weren't this far out. They must have had rain somewhere. She licked her nose to take in the scent. "Do you smell that?" she asked slowing to allow Tyrone to pace at her shoulder. She looked at him and smiled. It felt good to have him back here....it felt right to have him beside her. She let her tail sway gently.

.....he is owned by another foolish one...the little voice called out and Raven's tail stopped wagging for a moment.

He said he hated her....the she wolf from his elite group. He had also said she was gorgeous. Raven sighed and then cleared her throat.

"There might be a calf....do you smell that?" she asked again scenting water...buffalo..and the slight hint of blood. A calf would be perfect for them to handle as long as mama didn't get in the way.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:20 am

Tyrone's tail raised in the air in eager excitement. "Hell yes, I smell that!" he barked in happiness, and he turned towards the scent, bounding towards it. "I think it's about a mile away, not too far," he said, looking at her over his shoulder. They were now headed east, facing away from the moon, so all she was was a shadow. Her eyes - a forever pristine blue - shone out from her darkness. Together they ran, side by side, like nothing else but them existed as they followed the scent. Now, Tyrone's stomach was not only growling for hunger, but for... something else, as well. Something that was making it feel like he was flying when he was by her side.

His heavy bulk slowed to walk as the scent of the water buffalo and blood came on very strong. They were already downwind, so there was no need to worry about them being scented. They were not yet over the horizon, so their shadows did not give them away. He looked to his companion. "Should we circle around it, or try and take it head on?" he asked. It smelled like there was only one, so if it was a calf, there shouldn't be that much danger... unless momma had gone somewhere and planned on returning.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:30 am

Raven nodded and followed on silent paws in the glow of the moon. The air had turned black as her coat save for the moon and the sprinkling of stars. They ran along side by side in silence for a while and she smelled the metallic tang of blood in her nose. Tyrone spoke and she nodded. "Lets circle around.." she said softly. "It may be a cow giving birth....or a wounded calf. We will have to watch for the mother if it is." She said and licked her chops flashing her ivories to the moon.

"Lets see what it is first." she said and then staying at the base of the dunes would slink amongst the shadows, pausing only to wait for her companion giving him a slight wag of her tail. Real meat....red meat...it almost made her salivate at the thought.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:39 am

"Okay," Tyrone replied, and took off in the opposite direction as she. The scent of blood became stronger and stronger, and he was sure that something was wounded and bleeding out. Good, less work for them. He rounded the dune and kept close to it, the sand almost brushing his shoulder, but not quite. Though robust and somewhat clumsy, Tyrone knew how to sneak up on prey. It took him more practice than other wolves to hunt, but he had eventually learned how. He licked his lips... the prey was just a few feet away... There was labored breathing, grunts and groans, and so much blood...

Tyrone lowered himself into a crouch, tassle hovering above the ground. His talons were useless in the soft sand for gripping, but this was where his giant paws came in handy. They allowed him to stalk closer and closer. His orange eyes flashed to Raven, but he couldn't even see her as she approached from the shadows. Not even her eyes. Finally, he came around to see the actual prey, and...

It was a mother giving birth.

He stopped short. "Dammit," he muttered beneath his breath. Frustration built up inside him. It was one thing to kill a calf and maybe it's mother, but it was another to attack during birth. For once, he felt conflicted when it came to dinner. Tyrone wasn't a killer, and he didn't want to prove that. He froze, hoping Raven would notice that he was no longer advancing.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 11:02 am

Raven nodded and parted from her companion melting into the shadows of the night. Blood, heavy and thick ran into her nostirls and she crept her way closer and closer. The noise from the beast came with heavy groans and grunts, straining. Her blue eyes caught sight of the cow and she was down. Straining to push life into this world. But to Raven's untrained eyes it looked as if something was wrong. There was too much blood for a normal birth. In reality they shouldn't have been able to smell it from so far away.

She flicked her ears looking for Tyrone and saw him stop. He stopped? She too froze in her tracks and wondered why he stopped advancing. She didn't think a birthing animal would make him hesitate though to Raven it did seem unfair. She lowered herself to a laying postition and then gave him a soft nod. Keeping her head down so the moon wouldn't catch the light in her blue eyes. They would wait it seemed. Perhaps the work would be done for them if they waited long enough....if no other predators caught the scent of this buffalo's misfortune.

The cow was oblivious to the wolves in her shadow, panic was flooding her. Too much blood the calf was wrong....She gave another grunt and strained harder. She needed to get it out. If there was any chance for either one of them her unborn child needed to be on the sands and now. She lay down on her side flat out breathing and then would curl up giving a tremendous push. A soft wet sound followed hitting the sand as well as a gush of blood and birthing fluid. She gave a soft call to her child and stood as weak as she was. The child never moved. She began to lick and nudge it but still the child lay lifeless on the sand. It took too long.

Calypso watched and actually felt sorry for the mother buffalo. She would take glances over to Tyrone. The calf was dead. It would be an easy filling meal. If they waiting until the cow parted or chased her off they should get a nice belly full before the sun rose and brought the buzzards in.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 9:07 pm

"Oh fu - " Tyrone sputtered out at the sight of the dead calf slopping out of the water buffalo's end, and he quickly darted around the sand dune to vomit up what was in his stomach. "Ugh..." he groaned to himself, squeezing his eyes shut. So that was why he and the other males were kept away from the birthing dens... It was absolutely disgusting. Having babies was gross. He shook off the rest of his nausea and returned to the place he was. He glanced at Raven in the shadows - not even her blue eyes were visible now. He looked back to the water buffalo, and she still hadn't noticed him.

The mother water buffalo licked and nudged her calf, grunting and groaning softly, encouraging it to stand. But, it still did not move. It was a wonder the mother did not move herself. She had lost so much blood, the crimson staining into white, white sand. She kept pleading to her miscarriage, but nothing happened. She was now absolutely exhausted, and would rest until the sun rose. How long she would survive in the desert, though, was doubtful. Tyrone guessed it wouldn't be very far... He glanced at Raven again. It was his signal that he was headed out.

He loped out into the open, his shadow growing with each step. The water buffalo mother saw him and started screaming in terror, kicking her front legs, her back legs too weak and useless from the birth. Tyrone circled around her, wanting to get her tired as possible, his orange eyes gleaming. The more exhausted and confused she became, the more she would eventually give up, and the less violent her death would have to be.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 9:51 pm

Raven flicked an ear as she watched Tyrone quickly dissapear around a sand dune and then reappear. Odd? She tilted her head slightly for a moment and then watched him. The poor cow. She was still crying for her stillborn calf. She watched for a good few moments and then glanced back to Tyrone and caught his eyes and followed his lead when he loped out into the open shadow chasing in front of him.

Panic set into the cow and she tried feebly to strike out and protect the dead calf and herself as the two demons came forth from the shadows. She bellowed and put her head down but her legs were trembling. Raven circled around the opposite side of Tyrone and harried the cow darting in and snapping then dashing out again. The cow just couldn't handle it anymore...weak and loss of blood...her legs buckled next to her calf and she hit the sand.

Raven was behind her when it happened. "Quick...her throat..." She yelled to Tyrone who looked to be in better position.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:03 pm

It was the perfect kill. Tyrone's legs sprang into the air, soaring right for the water buffalo's throat, and his fangs sank in deep, biting hard into her jugular. Her screams instantly became weaker, his powerful teeth crushing her windpipe, and soon she was hanging in his jaws. He set her down, blood dribbling down his chest. The air was still now, for it had been so loud and filled with the cow's cries before. He looked to Raven and took a step back, gesturing with one of his huge paws towards the kill. "I know I'm not much of a gentleman, but ladies first," he said with a wide smile, tail wagging.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:20 pm

Raven watched Tyrone dart in for the kill, efficently and quickly he silenced the cow and didn't let her suffer. The silence fell heavy and it made their very breathing sound loud. She wagged her tail at him. "Well done." she said with a smile and then was shocked when he offered her the carcass first. She blinked her blue eyes and gave hima soft smile. "You know there is enough room here for two to eat at once...but thank you." She stepped up to the still warm belly of the beast and then looked over her shoulder. "Why don't we share?" She asked and then shifted over a bit even though there was plenty of room.

....not yours....the voice inside came again
...shut up...she replied..just like she had done so many times with the other 'Him'. Right now she just wanted to enjoy his company...and ..pretend for a moment. This simple gesture of offering her the kill first warmed her heart.

Before she bent her jaws to the task she asked. "After we eat then we go look for the....er...body?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:33 am

Tyrone shrugged. "Eh, I guess so. I figured you'd be the type to fall for all that gentleman crap, y'know?" he said, taking her place beside her and starting to feast. He went for the liver first - his favorite part of any meal, for it was rich in nutrients and all-around goodness. Soon, his belly was warm and full. He even felt sleepiness tug at him since it was such a good dinner, but he knew now was the time to be awake, and during the day they needed to rest. His ear twitched to Raven again. "Uh, yeah, I guess we could call it that," he said, feeling significantly awkward about the whole thing. But it had to be done. "Do you think we should split up and meet back at the Oasis? Or like... one of us could start looking for a body, and the other can drag the kill back? It's good meat, y'know. It'd suck if buzzards or coyotes got to it." Deep down, he really didn't want them to split up. It wouldn't have surprised him if Darrel had sent out one of the Blood wolves to spy on them, and the last thing they needed was trouble.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:18 am

Raven's ears flicked backward and then rolled her eyes when he mentioned that he thought she would be the one to go for all that "gentleman crap". It made her want to growl. "Oh you figured did you?" She said rather shortly. How did he know what she liked and didn't like? She dug into the meal with gusto, he could have just let it be and said nothing but nooooo...he had to make a comment like. I only did it because I thought you would like it not because I wanted to thing. And to top it off Tyrone snagged the liver...all for himself and didn't share *HUFF* She worried at the carcass until her belly was quite full and then she cleaned her jaws and settled back.

"I suppose we should split up. It would be faster that way. Kill two birds with one snap kind of thing." She paused, Raven herself didn't really want to be away from him, but his logic was sound and plus right now she was irritated and a bit confused with Tyrone again. GRRR he made her so frustrated. "Which task would you prefer?" she asked. Neither of them was savory. Hauling big chunks of buffalo or looking for the dead...she would rather have a nap right now even though it was cool out and was the time for doing not sleeping.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:22 pm

Tyrone raised a brow. He couldn't help but notice the annoyance in Raven's stance. Why was she pissed all of a sudden? He thought he was being nice... Oh, women... he thought, shaking his head and looking at the rest of the kill. "I'll take the rest of it back. I'll search the other half of the desert and meet you back at the Oasis by sunrise," he said, not looking at her. He was the bigger and stronger of the two, afterall, and thus it made sense for him to drag back the kill. He bent down and opened his wide jaws around the buffalo's neck, using his back legs to pull it along. He would leave the dead calf for the buzzards, since it was immature meat, anyways.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:01 pm

Raven nodded at Tyrone's words and his lack of eye contact. "Sounds like a plan then." She said as he bent to pull on the carcass back. She watched him with her icy blues for a few long moments and then flicked her tail. "Morning at the oasis....see you then." And then she would turn and lope off into the night like a flying shadow. She paused at the crest of the hill to issue a soft. "Be careful..." as she looked back down the hillside at him. He frustrated her so much.

...it's because he isn't yours and never will be...the voice inside her head came again.

She turned head down and loped off further into the sands. She licked her nose to bring the scents to her nose and would look for something that she would have never dreamed she was looking for. A dead wolf. It would have to be fairly fresh too for her to scent it. So she used her eyes as well to scan the darkness for a laying body. She found a fox skeleton but that certainly wouldn't work. A few dead buzzards as well, here and there. She sighed. What if they couldn't find one???? What would they do then? She wouldn't want Tyrone to be hurt by those bastard elites. She snarled silently...and her snarl grew thinking of that bitch who claimed him.

She shook her head sighing and looked up at the moon. Her heart wanted to issue a lonely howl but she refrained and loped off. Still hunting.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 6:25 pm

He paused in dragging the kill and watched her dissappear over the dune, silent as a shadow. He hoped that the Bloods wouldn't get to her, Darrel especially. The last thing Tyrone needed was for his former best friend to steal away his current one and twist her mind to his liking. Within half an hour Tyrone managed to drag the kill back to the Oasis, burying it in the sand so no other night creature would discover it. He then loped off in the other direction that Raven had gone. He licked his nose and sniffed the air, trying to find the scent of something dead.

Tyrone wondered if he should have told her anything. He currently couldn't figure out why the hell she was mad at him (for pretty much absolutely no reason). He had thought that telling her his backstory would have maybe, just maybe, gotten rid of her ridiculous mood swings, but apparently not. If anything, telling her it seemed to have made them worse. Tyrone sighed. He was really just trying to do the right thing, but he always screwed up. Always.

There seemed to be nothing on his side of the desert. He had thought he found a skeleton bleached bone-white from the sun, but it was only an outcrop of rock. By the light of the moon, he could see the mountains in the distance. Perhaps, if he and Raven travelled together, they could reach the mountains in a few days' time. They'd have more luck in a forest than in a desert. That is, if she even wanted to go with him... He decided he'd think about it later, and see if anything really did turn up for now. Who knows, Raven might've found something. It seemed just like her to find something, bring it back to the Oasis, and let him wander all around the desert until morning, not even bothering to send up a howl.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:42 am

Raven searched the sands. Bones...bones bones bones and nothing more. Not a fresh body...not a scrap of fur. Just bones. She sighed and let her tail drop. It had been a silly idea to think that they were going to find a wolf carcass fresh and ready and waiting for them. She scuffled the sand with one paw. And she was not one to go out looking for a rouge that they could kill for their use. That would just be....wrong.

Another sigh and she looked toward where the oasis should lie. She wondered if Tyrone had any luck? She hadn't heard a howl. He would howl for her if he found something wouldn't he? She would for him. Her ears flicked back. That would be just like him to let her wander the sands all night when he was laying there munching on a buffalo bone and waiting for her to show up. She gave a soft growl. He was so infuriating....him and his comments...and his ways...and his...orange eyes..and the way he smiled. She sighed and felt her heart ache.

Stupid...she was absolutely stupid.

Turning back toward the oasis. She padded silent as a shadow, looking as she went. The pool mirrored the surface of the moon in the dark and she found it a lovely sight. As soon as she reached it she dipped her maw and lapped softly, sending ripples through the pool. Looking up, her blue eyes sought for Tyrone. She thought for sure he would be here.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:50 pm

Two hours into wandering around, Tyrone finally gave in to his frustration. He wasn't going to find anything out here, and it was a stupid idea to think that he could've found one. "This is bullshit," he growled to himself. He also knew that he shouldn't be hungry again, but there was already a snack pain knotted in his stomach. He swiftly turned around, not caring to howl to let Raven know he was on his way back. This was her idea, anyways. May as well let her think everything through.

But she was already there at the Oasis, drinking water. His ears pinned back. So, she was already done and hadn't bothered to tell him. Lovely. "Thanks for the howl," he muttered to her, getting the feeling that the only reason she hadn't told him she had retired early was because she was still mad at him. He went over to the kill from earlier, digging a part of it up to pick out a sizable rib-bone. He carried it over to the other side of the water hole, across from her, with his rump in her view. He wouldn't be bothered with her antics and arguments, not this time. He would wait until her little hissy-fit-I'm-mad-at-you-forever mood was gone. He gnawed on the bones, savoring the sweet and delicious marrow.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:00 pm

Raven looked up and turned seeing Tyrone and got a facefull of his attitude. "I just got back myself." she retorted back pinning her ears. What the hell? What did she do now? She didn't know she was supposed to howl for him. She hadn't even noticed he wasn't back yet either. BRUTES!

She watched with blue eyes as he trotted to the meat and selected a bone and then promptly gave her the cold shoulder. REALLY??WTF??? She sighed and pinned her ears further flat against her skull and stalked off into the desert. She needed to cool off. Why the hell was he mad at her now? Her stalk turned into a run and her shadow ran in front of her as she loped up the nearest sanddune and then sat there. She growled deep in her chest. Here she was out looking for something that could pass as Tyrone's body and all she wanted to do was to make a body of Tyrone right now. She walked out her paws and gave a heavy sigh looking down upon the oasis and Tyrone's ass....ASS...she thought and huffed.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 12:32 am

Tyrone continue to gnaw on his rib bone, completely satisfied with himself. An ear twisted, though, when he heard Raven say something about getting back as well. "Hmph... Who was I to know?" he grumbled, knowing that she couldn't hear him. If anything, it sounded like she was leaving again. Great. Fantastic. "There you go again, pretending I'm the bad guy..." he mumbled, abandoning his bone and getting up as well. He trotted over to where she had been, watching as she slipped over the moonlit sand dunes. He walked out a bit further to where he was just outside the Oasis, and he could see her sitting there, her back to him. Well, at least she hadn't gone far. It was here that Tyrone waited for her to calm down. If she wanted to turn around and yell at him, fine. He just hated that she had to be so angry all the time...
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 12:59 pm

Raven flicked an ear hearing footsteps in the silent evening. She swiveled her head and saw Tyrone's tri colored form setting down just outside the oasis. She gave a heavy sigh and pushed herself to her feet standing there for a long moment. She wouldn't apologize. She had nothing to apologize for. She figured she better get the arguing done with, she hated arguing with him. It was the last thing she wanted to do.

Her dark form slid down the dune and she padded over within a few steps of him and sat. "I just got back ...I didn't know you weren't even here yet or I would have howled for you." she said, irritation still evident in her voice, but she was trying.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 1:10 pm

He was actually very surprised to see her turn around and come towards him. He thought she would've sat there, indignant that she was right and he was wrong again. His ears perked when he heard her speak - though harshly - but Tyrone could tell she was trying, and that was what was important. She was letting down that fiery wall of hers for once... and if she could do that, he could do that, too. He was sick of fighting with her. Yes, they were good friends, but they needed to get along much more if everything they worked for was to go through. His ears flicked back. "Yeah. Sorry for assuming stuff..." he said, not quite looking her in the eye. "You just seemed really pissed at me, and when you are pissed at me, you never tell me why. You always just walk away, and then when you come back, it's like you want to be my mate or something."

Tyrone didn't like to say it, but it was true. Her getting angry for no reason, walking away, and then coming back pretending everything was all right happened every single time, and it confused the crap out of him. It was then that he realized that while he had told her most of his backstory, he knew nothing of hers. She was just a wolf lost in the desert, like him, but even she must've had a past. No wolf with a sane mind and secure pack would come wandering out into the wasteland. That was near suicide. He didn't mention any of this, though, for now was not the time. No reason to bring up more unwanted feelings.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 2:18 pm

Raven flinched at the word mate and looked down to the sand. Her ears pinned. "Sorry Tyrone....I am difficult....it's why they kicked me out." She said again walking out her front paws to lay upon the sand, her gaze downward. At that moment she looked fragile...breakable...instead of a firey wall like she usually was.

"I suppose I should tell you...you have a right to know. You told me your history after all." She flicked her tail and looked at the moon still not meeting Tyrone's face. As if she was ashamed. "Before I met you....that day...at the oasis. Well I came from a pack. The Windrunners pack." She paused as if this was difficult for her. "Well I was an orphan...I wasn't born to the pack but a young bru took me under his care. His name was Coal. He raised me like his own...though when I got older his love for me changed from a daughter to more like how you would love a mate....or so I thought. I always adored him." She paused again and felt her heart thudding in her chest so loudly that she swore that Tyrone could hear it.

"He made me promises....told me we would always be together." She said a bitterness to her tone. "Well then Violet began hanging around him. They would go hunt together and before I knew it they were courted....then mated." She said hurt still evident in her tone. "I was angry....very angry. Coal had come and told me it was only for show...that the mateship was because the pack saw us as father and daughter. I believed him." She gave a soft whine pinning her ears.

"He used to come see me....secret meetings...where we would be together.." She said and then looked up at Tyrone. "We never mated though so don't think little of me." She said and then let her eyes fall back to the ground. "He used to tell me how much he loved me, how someday we would be together...." She shook her head. "Then one day Violet followed him and caught us. It got ugly. She and I fought. The commotion brought the pack and the alpha broke up the fight. When they were asked what was going on Coal lied. He told them that I was stalking him and he was trying to convince me to leave him and Violet alone. He said he had a mate and that she had a belly full of pups..why would he ruin that to mate his DAUGHTER."

Raven fell silent for several long moments. "They banned me from the pack. Took me out into the desert so I couldn't find my way back. Violet looked at me like she won...Coal looked at me...like I was a plaything that was now broken and he was sad to see me go." She let a heavy sigh go. "So....now you know..." She said still not meeting his eyes. "And I am sorry if I get offended at things............I .....guess I am not stable. Like they all said." She licked her lips. "They thought I would end up killing Violet....and their pups to try and make Coal love me. I would never kill a pup." She said softly. "And he just let them take me...without saying a word."

She waited for him to call her crazy and unstable and for him to leave her too...or run her from the oasis. She closed her blue eyes in the moonlight and waited...knowing in her gut it would probably come...and he said the word mate....like she wanted to be his. But the way he said it seemed like rejection to her. She didn't take that word nor what it stood for lightly. She wouldn't tell him her heart...she couldn't tell him that she cared for him. He had a mate...he told her...she felt a whine constricting her throat and she swallowed it.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Well, Tyrone certainly hadn't expected her life's story. It was like she had read his mind, for he had just been thinking about where she came from, and now it all lay out in front of him. He cocked his head as she walked and looked away from him, shame taking over her usually proud form. He was a patient listener, though, his ears perked forward to catch her every word, letting them sink in. He waited until she was finished, her blue eyes shining and threatening to spill tears.

He folded his ears back in respect. "That sucks..." he said softly. "I mean, I'm sorry for... what happened to you... and stuff." He couldn't think of what else to say. From where he stood in life, he wasn't sure if he had ever been in love. Miranda was... lust. Complete and utter lust, and he knew now that it would never be anything more than that. And for that, he hated her. Why bother even declaring yourself a mate to someone? Tyrone held eye contact with her, though he didn't really want to, his own past creeping into his mind. "I had a mate... once... I've probably mentioned her several times, and I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner, or that she's not my mate any longer. She was good for me when I was young, but that's really all she liked about me... And she abandoned me when I needed her most. And, well, that's not a sign of a good mate at all, y'know?"
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 3:16 pm

Raven looked at him finally when he opened his maw. "Yeah.." She said giving a half hearted chuckle. "It did suck." She said and flicked her ebony tail and shrugged. "It's not ..your fault Tyrone.' She said softly and then would stand and shaking out her pelt as if to rid herself from the feeling.

She caught his orange eyes as he spoke. He looked at her when he spoke about his ex mate. Lust...probably meant she was a great beauty too..Raven thought to herself. For all her pomp she still felt that she was inferior...if she wasn't Coal would have stood up for her. She looked at him and blinked. "I am sorry to hear that she abandoned you." Raven said softly. "That isn't a good mate at all." Different stories yet they were similar. She gave him a slight wag of her tail.

"Well at least now you know ..." She said with a shrug and letting her blue eyes fall to the sand. She felt vulnerable and yet it felt good to talk about it at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I walk a lonley road....
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next