Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

--Hoist the Colors High [MB]

Go down 
+15
Bear
Sheawolf88
WarriorWolf
_Sensable_
Shadowed
wretched
Moohn
EDITOR
Starrlight
Morbid Joke
FoSsY
Cowgurlup0522
akkanatrum
aspenofthedell
Silent
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
akkanatrum
Junior Admin

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-12

--Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 6:49 pm

Yana trotted back towards the den, looking pleased, yet annoyed at the same time. He held a decent bundle of dandelions carefully by their stems on one side of his mouth, and a long piece of bark in the other, sap somehow still clinging onto the wood instead of dripping on the ground. He placed them near Will and said, "It's not much, but... Oh. Calypso, Liar, I have news about the fight."

He finished gathering the dandelion, but the surrounding trees weren't the kinds to have sap. Instead of heading straight back, he took a detour, since he'd told them he'd check up on the fight. Hidden from sight thanks to the tree shadows and bushes, he watched as another wolf- one he did not know- enter the fray. Surprisingly both foreign wolves seemed to know each other. Yana's ears tilted forward to listen better without having to move. He heard the name Laike, but, naturally, it didn't ring a bell.

Then, he turned around, knowing that information gathering wasn't important, nor was it his job. At the moment, he had to get these plants to Liar and assist any other way, since the situation was clearly handled by now. Halfway back, though, he noticed a bit of sap on a tree. Approaching, he sniffed it once just to be sure, and did what Liar told him. After digging the sap out and letting it ooze onto the bark, he looked at his nails in disdain, as he never liked getting anything sticky on them. Still, he reminded himself it was for the pack.

"Jack is fine. They were jumping towards each other, but another wolf I didn't identify jumped between. Both wolves seemed to know each other, though, and I heard the name Laike, if it means anything to you. Then our unwelcomed attacker said something about being finished. I left to return here, though, but I assume they are gone, or just about to leave by now." He looked between them, awaiting more orders.

Back to top Go down
Starrlight

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 11:40 pm

"Aye, those are the orders," and a load of sh.i.t if ever I heard one. Khalon flexed his claws angrily into the soil, eyes furiously following the tangle of fur that was Jack and Matt. He wanted to leap in, to tear the pelt off the wolf who had dared touch Liar, who had pressed his filthy pelt against her purity. Who might have ruined everything. He was barely aware that his canines were showing, an automatic reaction from the rage that still roiled within him. Never had he killed another wolf, and never had he wanted to so badly.

The leap that Matt had taken for Jack, had been interrupted, luckily, and now a third party had joined. Kal did not like the familiarity with which the two hellions met, and it made his eyes narrow in even further suspicion. His muscles tensed as they spoke, and his sharp ears caught the words and tone that were passed. At Matt's suggestion, Kal voiced a vicious growl, taking a step forward, ears laid back flat against his skull. "I think that's a wise move." His eyes were focused on Matt. Normally not one to be so easily angered, once one had earned his wrath, it was plain that the situation could not be reversed. Murder was still written upon those flashing orbs.

He cared not what Jack would do to him for speaking up. He had let things go too far already, and because of his obedience to Jack, Liar had been hurt. Not physically, but no less painfully. He almost hoped the bru would attack him. Then he would have his excuse to truly show what he thought.

I dare you...... his gaze plainly read, and even his pose showed his eagerness. Perhaps he would be smart, walk away like he said was his intention. Khalon sincerely hoped not. His blood was boiling, and he knew the only way to make it stop was a good long fight.

Kiandra, Keanu, & Khalon

ooc: short XP but you get the point. I never knew Khalon had rage issues o.o...... not sure I'm likin this side of him, but meh! he'll get over it n.n
Back to top Go down
http://serien.deviantart.com
Moohn

Moohn

Number of posts : 472
Pawprints : 817

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 1:47 am

--Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Matthe10

His mind ticked like a clock. A clock on a bomb. He waited patiently for Laike's move, not wanting to push him. That son of a bitch could be as crazy as he was. Tick-tock, tick-tock. And then the whelp had to make a move. He closed his eyes and chuckled, opened them and turned around. He practically tiptoed over, head tilted at a devious angle. Acid dripped off his toothy grin as Matthew approached. "A wise move, son?" He pressed him, almost nose to nose. Tick... tock. A contrabass growl paced in the cage of his chest. The hellion could barely hold down his eagerness to strike... and he was normally cool-headed when it came to fights. But if they-tick-pissed him off once already, he had more than enough venom-tock-to strike again.

"I'll tell you a wise move. A wise move," he braced his body, though large enough. He licked at the clotting and flaking of red-brown liquid around the left side of his face. Jack would pay for that one. "A wise move, boy, would be to shut," Tick. "Your," Tock. "Mouth!" Boom. Matt threw his neck forward, jaws wide open to engulf Khalon's muzzle and crush it between alabaster teeth. 'Screw you, Laike. You can hold on another minute can't you? Now you... Hold still so I can catch you.' Old Jack... what would he do now?

--Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Lennox10

Everything was brown and green. And all he could smell was the fresh earth mashed into his nose from Matt's beating. Really, what had he done? They dragged him, cleaned him, healed him, but this darkness felt... kind of good. Cool and relaxing. Muffled voices. It was nice to have a rest, but they expected him to wake up, and his wounds were far from mortal. So many were helping him, and he had only just arrived. They didn't know him and vice versa, but he put his trust in them, and had a feeling that they were doing the same.

He made the decision to just lay for a couple more minutes to soak in the voices and the smell of dirt beneath him. A cool wetness washed over his wounds. Were they spitting on him? In another moment an unwelcome sting and burning stabbed his neck and sides. And he was moving again. Dirt, pebbles, grass, he could feel them beneath his weight as Liar dragged him out of the den. "Cobwebs..." He heard the femme say. Slowly he began to pry his eyes open. A groan forced its way through his dry, charcoal lips at the sting. "Does everything you healers do have to hurt?" Will chuckled at her and just barely lifted his head. with a well meaning, friendly smile. He took notice of Yana and Calypso as well. The pregnant alphess helping? Were it up to him, he would have her resting in the shade, being doted upon. But if she wanted to help... 'How many are tending to me? They act as if I'm dying. Ha. What a truly wonderful life this is.'
Back to top Go down
http://asediado.tumblr.com
wretched

wretched

Number of posts : 24
Pawprints : 15
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:26 pm

KILL YOUR IDOLS; lock and load. Masculine tension, wicked, raw, beautiful and hungrily devastating, seized the day in hot waves of hungry lust, war drums pounding to the hearts of every man and woman within the land of the Black Pearl as each soul strained forward to catch the next wild move of mongrels howling dignity and tainted honor. Tongue slipping between a filthy sneer, snarling in fierce abandon and spine tingling in predator excitement, glacier eyes stroking Matthew's devilishly delicous insanity with a sharp bark of cruel, cold, humorless laughter, hushed in the opressive air that pushed down on the pair in secretive silence. "YOU'RE LIKE MY FAVORITE DAMN DISEASE, MATT. CHARMING LITTLE FUCKER YOU ARE." Grinning jackal jaws dripping in poisonous crimson, demanding teeth stroked and carressed like a woman under the hands of her lover, Laike snickered, he snarled, sneered with indifference when the last word had to be spoken from Matt's writhing tongue. The compressed air rippled and coursed through the fingers of seething anger and furious arrogance, challenge and passive cuts to the ribs knives in the hands of desperate children. "GET OUT MATTHEW." Tail slashed at the air with slithering dominance, hissing and snapping against the foolishness and brash nature of his companion. Slithering forward, hot breath whispered against the depression of the furrowed brow, quick words spitting venom into the soul canal of his brother in arms. "YOU'RE OF NO USE DEAD, MATTHEW. BACK DOWN NOW AND GET THE HELL OUT BEFORE YOU JEPORDIZE THIS MISSION. YOU'LL GET HIS TONGUE LATER." Slipping between the smooth, sensual strides of the male's sanguine stalk, Laike snarled and strained every step of the way, calling out louder to to keep up the devilsh rouse that pride was clutching dangerously close to it's destructive breast. "THAT IS AN ORDER, VAGABOND. LEAVE THESE WOLVES!"

With a grinding low-hipped swagger, and a hotly savage guttural growl, Laike's gangly American prowl swiftly shifted, seized, and snared the wolf's devilish brutality, retaliating fangs hungrily following the toned recoiling length of Matthew's outstretched throat, and with it, the sharkish predatory motion of his own body vigorously thrusting forward with rigid wolverine ferocity. Whipcord lean frame rippling with lusty male testosterone, starved muscular body burning, springing, rearing, bolting full throttle in a delicious writhing violence of savage penetrating flames. Toned backlegs and long tail splayed for grisly balance, thick robust forearms rakishly spread midair (in an attempt) to wrap those large paws around Matthew's neck and body slam the filthy bastard to the ground. Hot-tempered, half-civilized, grinding hungrily and panting devilishly. Twisting, thrashing, barrel chest slick with smashing heat, hellish mouth agape with pitbull fury. His fiery neck bowed to protect throat and jugular, ears slammed to the skull, while his snapping, snarling jaws full of sharp yellow fangs sought to impale, knife, and carve into the boyish flesh of Matthew's face. Had to open your goddamn mouth...didn't you? "I'LL MEET YOU AT THE BORDER, IF THESE IDIOTS DON'T TRACK YOU DOWN BEFORE I CAN. YOU'RE KILLING US, MATT DEAR. I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME." Sarcasm dripping from the tongue of a filthy snarl, agression and affection thrown together in a wiccan grin of bare teeth and pink gums nibbling, gnashing, trembling in anxiety and angst against the grain of master greed and gluttony. The earth shook under the weight of clashing talons, the rebuke of stranger savior and delicious demand hot on the heels of false impression.

Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:07 am

Calypso

Cerulean eyes in an ebony face caught sight of Yana and a tightness filled her chest once more. She came forward quickly and with as much grace as her pregnant form would allow. Obsidian thorns flicked back and then forward as Yana relayed the news. "Thank you Yana. I can help Liar from here. Please go back and help drive the filth from our lands...as for the new comer, let us not trust until he proves trustworthy." She stepped forward and gave him a nudge of encouragement on the shoulder. For as much as she was uneasy when Yana came into their midst he sure seemed to be proving himself.

She looked back to Liar, hoping she wouldn't be angry for sending Yana away. Then a dry voice came to her. Lennox. She gave a light laugh at his words. Lennox being awake was a good sign and so was his humor. She sighed a sigh of relief and looked to Liar to answer. She was the healer after all and Calypso didn't want to take charge of her daughter's postition. She eased her haunches down, which at the moment felt like they were going to pop out of their joints from all the pressure. "Well Liar...I think since he is complaining you should make it hurt a little more...good medicine you know." She smiled as the words came out and then a worry crossed her brow. Jack....Khalon...everyone please be okay. She prayed.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:37 am

-J.a.c.k S.p.a.r.r.o.w -
--Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Swallo10

Teeth met flesh but not the one he was seeking and he recoiled any parcel that could harm this unknown contender. Landing awkwardly he flashed about to face the pair, eyes darting to and fro between them. Who was this? Matt named him Laike and the brujo did not seem to take notice of him but ordered Matt off the lands. I suppose every lunatic needs a
keeper.
Jack felt a burning hatred for this hessian before him and wished that they had not been interrupted for he dearly wanted to clamp his jowls on his defenseless flesh. Lip raised in a snarl. "Better to heed your companions advice." There was no time for a response as Khal walked forth and added his own lyrics in. Honestly Jack did not care and knew he had done a disservice to the bru. His shoulder ached but he was watching Matt carefully.

He saw the rise of tension in the air and saw the attack coming, hopefully Khalon did too for though he moved to defend his packmate he could not make it there to interrupt the attack...

Ooc-Okay..I'm not quite sure what happened in Laike's post with that did he stop Matt from hurting Khalon? >_>

Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:16 pm

--Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Matthe10

Laike liked to talk. Laike liked to talk to him... a lot. And the more he spoke, the higher his blood pressure rose. He didn't plan on staying, just getting a bite at the insolent brute and leaving. But someone had to speak. He growled. Louder. Louder. And the hessian kept going. Sure they werent many words by most standards, but to his steel cable-tension, they were too many. He was just ready to respond when the impatient bastard took him down once again. Yellowed fangs dug into his cheek. His spine slammed into the ground and immediately he pushed back and wriggled viciously away, snapping and throwing huge mitts wildly at Laike's face until he could stand back up. "Gah! you're one to tell me what to do!" The words came out in an angry, heated rush.

His face was dangerously close to the other's, teeth protruding from bloodied, obsidian lips."The last thing I need is to be taking orders from you! No need to wait at the border, asshole, I'm coming." The drake brought out a less sophisticated side in him, and throwing empty words about was his way of saying that he wasn't really mad with him. Matthew could hold a brief grudge, then let it go in an hour or so. He gave Laike a roguish grin and turned to the alphen. "Good bye, Jack. I think I'll be out of your hair... for now." His grin turned on the bru, and he turned away, stalking off like some jaded beast. His blood spattered from both sides of his face, leaving a trail if they ever wanted to follow him. He shined a mock growl at Laike and kept going. He'd slow eventually and let the other lead. Wherever it was that he wanted to go, he supposed it would be best to find out just what his reason was for coming to get him.
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Pawprints : 1343
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:10 am

He woke and Liar smiled down at him softly. He cracked a joke and she only half smiled. Her mother spoke and she shrugged. "Sorry." she said softly, letting herself walk around towards Yana who had returned too. She instantly took the sap from him and spread what she could over the wounds that were now going to stay dry too once the paste of the sap now sealed on the wounds like a glue.

She sighed and walked over to the other side. She felt so tired for some reason. "Mom, stay here" She walked off and headed into the woods. She wanted to make him numb. She needed Coral Root. Her body turned and curved around the trees until she found the pretty flowers that held the sign the plan was in season. She bent her head down and took a deep breath. The flowers were calming but the the root would do the trick for the bru. She began to dig, her claws ripped up the dirt quickly and she cut the root with her claws. She couldn't bite into it or she'd pass out. She wraped her maw around the root and carried it with as much caution as she could manage.

She walked quickly back, paying more attention to how she held the root instead of where she was walking. She came back and dropped the root infront of his maw. "Eat this, it's sedate you and help with any future fever you can get from infection. When you wake up. I want you to eat the next thing I bring you. Please don't spit it out, if someone were to lick it up... it wouldn't be good. It'll make you loopy but you wont pass out, I didn't grab enough to make you go into a coma, just enough to relax your mind and body. Now crawl inside, and eat it please." She nodded and turned towards her mother. A soft smile spread across her maw. "I had forgotten the higher class of healing... He's lucky I used the simple ways or else he'd be in more pain..." she looked down at him again. "and then I would have to knock him out myself" she winked and brought her tassle under herself and sat down.

She felt funny. It was strange how she felt, and it was a weird smell too. She hadn't like it since it started a day ago, and she had no idea what it was, but she felt like she smelled so bad. She sighed and looked at her mother with a kind smile. "How are you doing?" she asked softly leaning forward and nudging her maw softly. She wanted to sit for a moment and she was glad she got to do so now. Her mind went back towards just moments ago when the brute had touched her. Why had he done that. And why hadn't anyone done anything? Why hadn't anyone helped her father. She felt anger in her soul but she would get over it. Then she felt another wave of emotions and she instantly wanted to talk to Jack, her father.

What had she remembered standing there trying to stop the fight?... Who was the female she saw, and the brute. She knew him...she knew him so well, but didn't know where. And Marcie...she wanted to speak with Tristan, where was he? She sighed and looked back at her mom. "Can I confide in you? When I was standing there, trying to stop the fight... I saw... I don't know. But I saw the pup I played with in far lands. Marcie. And me falling, and Jack taking me. Don't get me wrong. I am grateful for it. But... why now. How come all the sudden I can remember where I came from, and who I really am... No. Who I would have been if Jack hadn't saved me from their ways..." She looked at her mother and sighed before she looked down at her black paws...it was weird...
Back to top Go down
https://fniwp.rpg-board.net
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Calypso

Her daughter, the healer, bid her to stay. So she did and looked upon Lennox. If he kept the spirit he showed now he should heal okay. It hadn't taken long and Liar had returned bearing a root in her mouth. Lyrics came to coal auds and she smiled and nodded. Liar would make an excellent heaeler. She hoped Lennox would listen to her commands and not balk to much. She awkwardly stretched her dark pillars out in front of her and lay down. She felt Liar's touch soon after and smiled softly at her daughter. "I am well enough...well enough. You siblings here have been playing "chase tail" in my belly but other than that I am fine." And worried ...she thought but she held her tongue. Then she caught Liar's scent. Could it be? Her darling daughter was upon her first heat?

Then her dark thorns caught Liar's words once more. "Of course." Calypso said softly and then fell silent not to interrupt. She remembers....Calypso thought..it is time she knew. "Dear heart, precious daughter. Those are questions for your father but I will answer what I can. Before you came here a tragic thing happened. A pup was stolen from our lands. (It was Marcie right? I can't remember) Jack went to retrieve her and wasn't able to. When he returned you were with him. Now dear one, please don't fret. As soon as Jack is finished you will know the rest ofyour story, but before you judge please know that we both love you very much and are so glad you came to us." Calypso hoped upon hope that she didn't upset Liar or Jack for telling Liar what little she did. But Calypso felt that her daughter needed to know the truth. She was old enough and was on her way to starting her own family in the near future.

"Now, not to change the subject Liar, but are you okay? You have a new scent upon you and I am wondering if it isn't your blooming into being a true adult." Calypso looked upon her knowingly and kindly. "I am hear to help you my daughter. Do you have questions?"
Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:32 pm

Will chuckled at Liar's apology and waited while she went to fetch more supply. When she explained to him what she had retrieved, he gave up a smile. "You didn't have to do that. But thank you." He picked up the root gingerly, listening to the last bits of what the two femmes had to say before departing to the den. He could smell Liar's heat and smiled to himself. A strange, primal feeling bored its way into his brain, but he shook it out immediately. Just an instinct, and he had no feelings except friendly ones for the young lady. It was strange to stand up, and it took him a moment to truly get his balance before making the few steps to the den.

Curling up, he chewed on the root, swallowed it down, the bitter tang of it actually tasting rather good on his tongue. Almost immediately a fog came over his eyes, and he lowered his head onto his paws. Now all he had to do was sleep and wait, affording Liar and her mother some time to speak. He was only vaguely aware of Matt's looming presence away from them, but knew nothing of Laike. He would ask for the information later, from whoever could tell him the best.
Back to top Go down
Starrlight

Starrlight

Pawprints : 321

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:37 pm

Finally. Kal continued to glare at Matt as his words reaped the desired effect. He could see the tightly coiled desire in the other bru's returned gaze, though he hid it behind a nonchalant grin. That's right. Attack. I know that you want to. He was glad that Jack did not step in. This hellion was his.

The strike was quick, and they were so close by now that Kal was not able to completely get out of the way. Matt's canines merely scraped across his muzzle, however, a minor scratch that Kal barely felt. This was his signal, though, and he tensed, ready to spring upon Matt in a millisecond. To his dismay, though, the bru was already on the ground, his companion having gotten there first. With a low growl of frustration, he watched his quarry, knowing that he would not be able to release his anger today. As he stalked off with his companion, Kal could have easily given chase, taken the fight to him, but he did not. He could not take an enemy from behind, no matter how angry he was. Only a coward would do so, and he knew that he would have hell to pay with Jack if he did something so wreckless.

Turning away, he felt his blood beginning to slow once the bru was out of sight. Damn it, he thought, sighing. He looked off in the direction that Liar had taken. Much as he dreaded this, he knew he needed to talk to her. Now that his fury had abated, he felt completely the emotion underlying this, that which it had hidden. Shame. She would most definitally think less of him now, he who could not even jump in and protect her when she needed it. Still, he needed to talk to her. Jack no longer needed him here.

With a nod to his Alpha, he glanced once more after the intruding pair, then started off towards Liar and Calypso. He could check on that William fellow also, and see how he was coming along. His wounds had looked nasty. Calypso would undoubtedly wish to know as soon as possible that all were okay as well. Anxiety was not something the expectant mother should go through.

"Liar? Calypso?" He smiled tentatively, not wanting to intrude in their conversation. He could see Will lying a ways away, looking the worse for the wear but much better than before. As soon as they finished, he would tell them the news which he carried.

Kiandra, Keanu, & Khalon

Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:04 pm

Liar nodded and looked at her mother with a soft smile. "Oh I'm not mad. Not at all. I'm thankful, trust me. I just wish I didn't have to remember. It's more to think about and I already think too much as it is" she winked and nudged her mom again. She smiled again and looked over towards where Lennox went into the den. "I'm glad I'm here too. If not I wouldn't have you and dad..." her ears fell flat and she sighed. "or Khalon...and my other great friends here. And I probably wouldn't be allowed to heal those who need it. I'm very happy here, and couldn't picture it any other way. I was foolish before to get so upset when that brute tried to sway my vision on my family" she sighed and let a smile break her maw as she felt her cheeks grow hot as her mother noticed the smell.

"Yeah. I guess that's what it is... I don't know. I've never... I'm not scared, but it's weird. My body feels weird. I know it's part of life, but...it makes me cautious towards males, even Lennox in the den... And that bru who was out there. It's strange" she sighed and shurgged her shoulders. "It's not something I'm too worried about. And no questions from me." She smiled and perked her auds up at the sound of a regal voice.

"Khalon!" she stood and gave a big sway of her tail. Obviously there was nothing more going on, because he was here. She quickly took a wiff of her own scent and tucked her tail behind her as tight as she could. "heh...whoops" she felt her cheeks get hot and looked back at her mother. "One qquestion...he wont notice will he?" she felt her maw go downward and she licked her lips quickly. She wanted this to be over with, but she knew it would come again. "How often does it come!?!" she suddenly wanted to stop time around her and let Calypso answer, but she knew that Khalon would walk up soon, she hoped her mother would answer quickly and quietly, she felt slightly embarassed.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:29 pm

Calypso

Calypso was happy for her daughter's answer and glad that she said she was thankful for herself and Jack. "We are thankful for you too Liar." she said softly before Liar addressed her heat. "You are a grown fem now Liar in every respect. It will make you cautious toward males because males are very, very attracted to that scent. You have to be careful when you are in season. It does make you feel strange. Sometimes scared and sometimes you see a male and desire. "Another voice came to her and she turned to see Khalon. She smiled and then saw Liar's behavior knowing exactly what she was thinking. She heaved her rounded form upwards, with a groan, and stepped over in front of Liar. "Khalon...one moment please. Wait there." Calypso's voice said with a smile upon her maw and she leaned over to Liar and whispered softly. "It usually comes in spring or summer and fades in fall and winter. That is not a good time for birthing pups. Your heat means that your body is ready to concieve pups and you know how that happens Liar." She remembered times past and Liar's puppy questions about other animals breeding behaviors and smiled at the memory. "It is a serious thing to consider too. Not every time will a wolfess concieve but many times they do. You have to remember my darling that pups are the result of breeding most of the time."

She felt like she was lecturing but she wanted to make sure that Liar knew what everything was about. She nuzzled her daughter and laughed. "And yes, Khalon will smell you and will probably try and pressure you. It is really hard for them, they are hardwired for it. Ultimately it is your decision. But you have to be upfront about it from the start." She licked her daughter's cheek, sad and joyous in the same breath, knowing her baby had now fully grown up. Then a sharp jab to her rib and she gasped. The little ones inside were making sure they were not forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:12 pm

-J.a.c.k S.p.a.r.r.o.w -
--Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Swallo10

If the other hessian had not taken Matt down than Jack would've have been the one to do it. He wondered who this 'Laike' was and where they were going. Eyes trained on Matt now, assured that Khal had not taken much damage. When Matt bade his farewell he merely stared at him with stoney jewels. Should he ever come back Jack would not hesitate to call the whole pack on him for he knew that this marked an anger with all his wolves here. Though today he thought that he was wrong to not do that in the first place. He just did not want to see anymore of his get hurt. There needed to be some peace here. He loathed those who would shatter it, especially with his mate being pregnant.

Anger seared in his body and he briefly nodded to Khalon when he dismissed himself but his mind was far away. He began to walk he decided to check the borders. He would make sure they left and do some thinking of his own. He had been alpha for a long time now and for the most part he thought he was good to his pack.

There were no great acts of kindess or great acts of cruelty on either spectrum of his deeds to mark him a saint or a tyrant. He knew that soon he would be tested to his greatest reaches. There was unrest in FnI and he knew not the reason. He thought that perhaps was now a time to take a trip to a few other packs and discuss some necessary matters.

As far as he knew Midnight, Tirisfal and Hamara had ceased to exist. Of course he was well aware of the two dark packs. Sighing he quickened his pace around his land, so that he could think alone and be alone for a moment at least...

Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Pawprints : 1889

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 7:37 am

Red watched these events unfold, not speaking up once. He remained still, just watching, eyes somehow colder. When Matt and the one he called Laike were about to leave, he heard Khalon getting his word in. He glanced in his direction, but made no motion about how that could potentially cause them to stay much longer than needed and/or provoke them.

After a slight scuffle, the two finally decided to leave, and he as all too happy to see them go. Khalon had left, heading in Liar's direction as he noticed that Yana had approached. "So, how are the others doing?" he questioned. It would be nicer to look for himself, but he didn't want to crowd the area.

Yana had left to go back to the fighting wolves, but noticed that when he arrived, they were just leaving. He saw a slight scratch on Khalon, wondering what had happened. Jack looked fine, at least, the same condition he saw him last. Khalon and Jack left while Red remained. It was apparent the maned wolf had noticed him, judging by his question. Stepping into view he explained briefly that Will was fine.
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 3:20 am

Ooc:|| Starr...post...O.O I can't post Liar till you do... I need to love time! hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Starrlight

Starrlight

Pawprints : 321

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:41 pm

He stood impatiently, tail twitching, but held himself back so that the mother and daughter could finish with their conversation. When Calypso spoke to him, telling him to continue waiting, he merely dipped his head in aquiescence, trying to cease his fidgeting. He turned his head, looking off into the distance. The winds were shifting, he noted, though the change was gentle. Suddenly a small, sweet scent came upon him, and he looked up sharply, then glanced over at Liar. Immediately he knew, but his face revealed nothing. After all, he had a sister, and Kia had come into hers just last year. It had been a shock for her brothers, and many a wondering loner had been turned aside by their teeth and menacing presence. Still, with Liar it was different, for Kal's body reacted in just the way those loners must have felt, and he immediately felt a certain empathy for their plight.

Still, he held himself in check, knowing that he could never do anything to which she had not agreed. It would be difficult, but he would not give in to his instinct, no matter how strongly it called to him. Let it go, let it go, he repeated to himself, closing his eyes. It grew stronger and he sighed. "Damn." It was said under his breath, and there was no way that it was audible to the two fems a few lengths away. This would be harder than any temptation through which he had yet gone through.

Finally it seemed that they had finished with one another, and Kal looked for a few moments, somewhat questioningly, before taking the steps that would close the gap between them. When he got there he first looked at Calypso, smiling. Then he looked at Liar, carefully concealing the hidden emotion roiling beneath his exterior. "I figured that you may want to know that Matt is gone from the lands, and no further blood was shed." He wouldn't count the scratch to his muzzle, though it was starting to itch uncomfortably. It was barely a nick. "Hopefully he won't be back soon." His eyes darkened. Matt would have quite the welcome should he decide to return.

"Jack is fine. I'm not sure where he is at the moment, though." He looked at Liar, not bothering to hide his concern. It was better than acknowledging the other need racing through his blood. "Is everything okay here?" Suddenly, however, the other was forgotten, and he searched her for any sign of anger or hurt. He could'nt forget the pain he had seen before she had left with Will, and he hoped that all was well now. If not, he would have a job ahead of him.

Remembering Will, he looked over. The bru still appeared to be asleep. Kal was actually rather curious about the bru, and would like to meet him when he woke.

Kiandra, Keanu, & Khalon

Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:53 am

Liar nodded to her mother and then shook her head. "Khalon wont do that." She smiled to her and nudged her softly. "You should lay down, please, go to your den and relax" She nudged her mother again on the neck. It was then that Khalon came over. She gave him a weak smile, watching him as he spoke and she felt herself relax more when he didn't react to her scent like she feared deep inside. He spoke of the wolf leaving and she instantly felt her body relax more, this was strange, she must have been so tense. There were no more fights and Jack was okay, just...off on his own? That's what she got from what Khalon said. Her eyes shifted to her mother and she sighed. "Mom. You should go lay down, and when dad comes back, you two can talk. Make sure everything is okay. He's probably just doing the whole alpha thing and scouting the lands to make sure the whole problem is gone"

She nodded a couple times then looked back to Khalon. He asked if everything was okay, and the way he looked at her, she felt her whole body have the urge to crawl under him and stay there, to mold herself against him and stay that way. What was this. Was it what her mother said, no surely not because there had been other times she wanted to be so close to Khalon it would be strange if another wolf spied upon them both. "Lennox is fine. He's asleep in the den. I healed his wounds for the most part, but for now he's just in need of relaxation, specially his body. I can't do anything for his mind if it's troubled."

Her orbs danced as her body moved and she came over and snuggled agianst his neck. "That wolf was mean. Matt. Whatever his name was. I don't even want to know about it now" She sighed and pressed her face into his neck. She felt guilty for being so close, from what her mother said, this scent was hard to resist, but she just wanted to be close. "I'm sorry" she whispered aloud for him to hear and him only...
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:47 am

Calypso

Calypso nodded at Liar when she protested that Khalon wouldn't press her and she nodded softly. Calypso had figured he would keep himself in check, he didn't seem the sort to do otherwise...a gentleman. She tipped her dial acknowledging Liar's request for her to go to her den and rest. Sounded like a good idea. Khalon approached and she beamed him a smile. His manners were perfect and he hadn't even acknowledged Liar's heat. He made Calypso proud. She couldn't have picked a better bru for her daughter herself. Although in private it might be otherwise but that is something for them to work out between them. Khalon's voice came telling of the recent events and Jack had gone off of his own. Calypso's ear flicked to the side and then forward again, a flicker of worry across her blue eyes. She sighed and felt the pups within turning circles. Her belly grew tight and then relaxed preparing itself to birth the whelps soon.

She stood and swayed a bit regaining her center and then smiled a knowing smile toward her daughter and her daughter's beu. She was glad Liar had such a trustworthy loyal bru. Turning her footfalls away she gave them privacy. She made her way back to the den Jack and she shared. She ducked inside and looked around. It seemed so crowded right now. She looked around knowing if she got caught she would be reprimanded for overdoing it. Seeing no one she began to dig. Widening the space here and kicking the old dirt out the mouth of the den. It didn't take her long and she had results she was satisfied with. She pulled herself out of the den mouth and used her velvet pads to scatter the pile of dirt she had created in front of the hole outward. She yawned when it was finished and felt her belly tighten again but only for a second. Probably because she overdid it a little. But she wasn't done yet. She wanted something soft to put inside. Moss or leaves...an old dried hide would be nice. She yawned again. Sleep was creeping up on her. Maybe she would wait and take a rest first. The sun felt luxurious on her black hide and the dirt she just dug out was sweet and cool. Easing her body down she sighed heavliy. Her blue eyes flickered and she hoped Jack would come back soon. Sleep soon came upon her and her breathing slowed to a steady rhythm. The whelps within had finished turning and settled also as he belly tightened and relased once again.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

Number of posts : 724
Pawprints : 1290
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:46 pm

--Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Jaques

Jacques had spent all of his long summer days by the ocean, watching the waves crash and turn; he feasted upon the sea's finest catches. Since his failed attempt to make friends with the pregnant female, he had feared returning to the pack. He feared nothing, physically. It was what these wolves could do with his heart and his mind that frightened him, made his belly clench with the anxiety that he just wasn't worthy of them, his birthpack. What if he just didn't fit in here anymore? And yet, it was all that he longed and hoped for. He knew that his mother would never come home, and he knew that his sisters were gone to. Where, he did not know, but it was certainly a place of no return. They were not looking for him, they had just disappeared, leaving no word behind. Perhaps they didn't want to be found.

He sighed, sitting up, licking away the last of the crab he had caught. The water upon his legs and belly now sent a chill through his bones, and he knew that soon he must leave this comfortable, lonely haven; the cold seasons were coming, and he wouldn't last so close to the water. And certainly not on this same diet, where he needed to fish and dive for his food. He let his eyes wander one last time the endless waves. His heart began to race, and he felt squeamish. He had to rip his stormy gaze from the ocean, green-blue hues looking to the sky bordering the treeline, in the direction the pack lived. Trembling lightly, his hind-quarters rose, and he gave himself a royal shake of his thick, dark pelt. Trying to convince himself that he would feel welcome when he came into the mainlands, he forced himself to start moving, knowing that delaying this would never make it easier.

He trod through the woods, the whole time fretting the outcome of his reappearance after spending the summer alone. He hoped no one would be mad at him for shirking any and all duties, but he couldn't help but to hope he'd been missed, even if he'd worried someone. At last he could scent the pack, and he knew he was close; he came upon the den lands, and there were wolves scattered here and there. He did not know what was going on, so he searched out somebody he would recognize, since he hadn't gotten introduced with anyone yet. His black nose lifted to the air, twitching until he found a scent he was satisfied with; Calypso. Tail waving, he followed the scent until he found her at the mouth of a freshly made den. She looked tired, as though she had just dug it out. But something he noticed with more astonishment was her swollen abdomen. His throat tightened with slight excitement, and he yipped in a puppyish way, if only his voice weren't so deep. "Calypso!" he barked, tail lashing the air.

There she was, the last thing remaining of his mother - her best friend - and she was pregnant! They were Jack's pups, no doubt, and he was not blood-related to either of them, but he would cherish the young ones like his own siblings. He just hoped he wouldn't be shot down. He needed a new family, not to replace and forgot the old, but to help fill the void of their loss. Seating himself a respectable distance from Calypso, not sure how she'd react to him coming up so fast, or whether she'd recognize him right away or not. And who knew what the pregnancy was doing to her mentality. Regardless, he was concerned, seeing her drifting off, her belly in the dirt. She looked close to birthing, yet there seemed to be no nest to hold her and her coming young. "Hi, I'm glad to see you," he said, then asked, "Do you need anything? It seems everyone else is busy.." He was slightly disgruntled to see that no one else was around helping her, but they must have their reasons. But it didn't matter much, for he was here now, if she wanted or needed anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bravequestk9.com
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 10:30 am

Red was walking around, having decided it was ok to let Yana off his surpervision temporarily. Since most of his packmates were grouped together for the most part, it should be safe, and he hadn't tried anything yet, either, during the chaos. Lately, he'd strayed from the typical maned wolf diet, and decided that now that he was by himself, he'd try to find that one type of fruit tree. Although he wondered if anyone else knew where Jack was at the moment.

Yana started to walk back, seeing as nothing else was happening. Red had told him he was going for a walk, which was mildly surprising. The wolf had been at his side ever since he came, but figured the fight earlier changed the others' priorities. Deciding to go back to where he'd been helping Liar with Will, he stood up and headed in that direction.

When he got there, he noticed Liar and Khalon a distance away from the den, but didn't make a move towards them, not sure if they wanted to be by themselves out of earshot. Instead, he sat down near the den and took a glance glanc, just to see if the injured wolf was awake or not.
Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 6:18 pm

Light seeped softly into Will's temporary den. How perfect to have a warm and dreamless sleep. It had been quite a while since he last had the pleasure. With a low grunt and a roll of his glowing jades, he rose, smelling the familiar scents of others outside. He was still a bit weak in the knees, but it was nothing a short walk couldn't fix. He emerged slowly, inconspicuously, not wanting to bother the others in their conversations. He noticed Yana's curious glance and gve him a nod of acknowledgement before moving a short distance away. His fur cleared of dirt in a mighty shake, and he returned to the bru's side. He too noticed the young couple from this vantage point and made the same sage decision to let them be. However, the hessian would make a point of it to thank Liar for her quick thinking.

Sorely, his rump hit the ground as he sat a body's width from Yana. With a grimace and a wry grin, he looked to his acquaintance. "So, what did I miss? I can guess I was out for at least a little while." The scent of a new bru wafted faintly on the wind, but he made nothing of it. He wouldn't know him anyway. On a different note, he wondered where Jack went. Suddenly he wasn't so anxious to take up idle conversation. But he wouldn't turn away after posing a question. If the alphen didn't return in the meantime between casual words, he would follow his trail to take up where they had left off and inquire as to the pack's next move. Perhaps he would find acceptance to the pack somewhere in between.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:48 pm

He smiled when the other was clearly awake, although it did look like he was in the den for some time, he noted, as Will shedded his fur of some of the ground's debris. Yana watched him come close ragain and ask a question. "Yes, you did miss quite a bit, but all you missed was that wolf leaving." Tilting his head, he questioned, "Do you know a wolf named Laike, or something like that, by any chance? Because I think the fight ended soon after that. As for everyone else, well... other than those two, I think Calypso is resting. Jack and Red wandered off, though I'd assume Jack is making sure there isn't anyone else unwelcomed here or something," he gave what could be interpreted as a shrug. "I wouldn't think he'd be away for too long, though..." He was thinking about the pregnant Calypso.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 10:46 am

Calypso

Calypso was in the dream fields when a familiar tone came to her auds. Azule eyes flitted open and she saw a familiar face...and a welcome one. She raised her head and saw the bru wagging tail and all. "Jacq?" she asked and a wide smile blossomed upon her face. As soon as his name left her lips she knew it was her best friend's son. She heaved her swollen body upward and her belly tightened as if in protest. She held still for a moment until it relased her and she walked over to Jacq, ebony tail wagging. "Oh Jacq! It is soo good to see you!" She exclaimed and walked over nuzzling him in a motherly way. "I have missed you child! Where have you been?" She chided. Calypso knew that the Groshier family had wandering paws and when Jacq went missing she had worried but there wasn't much she could do. Lita had flitted in and out of her life and made it better while she was in it and her children seemed to have the same pattern to them. Oh Lita...she thought..I wish you were here now to help me and see your grown son.

She heard Jacq's question of her needing help and she nodded. "Jacq. Thing's have been hectic around here lately so the other's have been occupied. " In truth Calypso didn't want to bother Liar...in her first season, with her love. Plus at the moment she felt the other's had their duties to attend to also. "Do you think you could locate an old hide for me? I am sure there is one nearby." Her belly tightened again and her breath stopped for a moment as she delt with the pain. She exhaled. It would be a while before life came forth of her womb, but the process had started. Calypso also wanted Jack. But she had to get her birthing den ready, that was the most important thing now. She smiled at Jacq. "I am glad you returned Jacq. I have to make haste and get the den ready. The life within me stirs." She sighed and smiled and went to a nearby rock that was covered in soft moss. Gathering it in her mouth she turned and dove into the darkness of the den. She felt anxiety about the den not being ready. This should have been taking care of long before now. She emerged and hoped to find Jacq gone to find a hide. Returning to the rock she gathered some more moss, she would have to make this trip a few times.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 12:30 am

Jacq shifted forward somewhat as Calypso rose to her paws, only to freeze to the spot as pain gripped her. He wanted to help her, but he wasn't sure what was happening to her. He knew she was pregnant, but he'd never been around females to know what happened to them when labor began and the birthing commenced. But he could tell she was hurting, every now and then. When it was over, though, she came over to him, greeting him in a way that couldn't have been better in his mind. He nuzzled her back, feeling much like a pup, but he loved it. It was good to know he was wanted and had been missed. Feeling silly for his previous feelings of fear, he looked to the ground. "Well, I haven't been far, honestly," he said, clawing the ground sheepishly, "I spent the summer by the sea." He didn't go into detail as to why, for he knew now that his thoughts and feelings had been foolish. He just couldn't help it.

He had more important things to think about, anyways. His auds perked attentively as Calypso spoke, and he nodded his head as she mentioned the others. He had figured they were busy, or they wouldn't have left her alone like this. As soon as she requested a hide, he jumped up and looked both ways, wondering where he might quickly find something to line her den. Then he saw her cringe with the pain once more, and he wanted to ask her what was wrong, but after a minute she seemed to handle herself and go on with life. Something must be normal about this pain. Nodding to her as she mentioned they needed to work quickly, he rushed off, trying to catch any whiff of an old (or recent) kill. It was not long before he caught it and made a dash for it. (I'm probably making this up since I haven't been around in this pack to know what's happening XD) It seemed the pack had made a kill not long ago. He found the deer and instantly began tearing it apart, limb by limb. He needed to be able to peel the skin from the flesh. It was tedious work, but he did so quickly, not worrying if it teared here or there, as long as he got it to Calypso nearly whole and useable.

Finally the hide came loose, and he tucked it together so he could clamp it in his jaws without dragging it. He returned to her den to find her making trips to and fro a mossy boulder, bringing mouthfuls at a time. He put the hide down with the fur up, but he didn't put it inside, for he wanted her to be able to make her nest the way she wanted it. After all, he didn't know a thing about parenting. He saw Calypso coming back again. "Calypso!" he called to her, running over to her big, bloated form, "I brought you a hide and left it for you to do what you wanted with it. I'll get more moss for you!" He didn't wait for her to respond, and instead dashed off, feeling this was all of urgent importance; if only he knew how truly urgent it was. Yet, he was just as determined, even with his naive knowledge of things. He tore several chunk of moss off the rock and sprinted back the way he'd come, knowing he would be making several trips back until Calypso was satisfied..
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:40 am

Calypso

Calypso was shocked and relieved that Jacq found a hide so quickly and she had to suppress a giggle when her job of gathering moss was taken over so quickly. She sighed a grateful sigh and opened her jaws to speak. "Thank you Jacq. We should have enough moss now. I have another task to send you on if you are up to it?" Sapphire eyes looked to the pile of moss that had grown tenfold since Jacq lent his jaws. She smiled at the young bru. He looked so much like his father. It had made it so hard on Lita. "Could you take this hide and soak it in the sea and then hang it somewhere to dry?" Her words to Jacq reminded Calypso of her mother's own words to herself when she was Jacq's age. Her mother taught her the trick of washing the hide in the sea first before using it for it washed the blood off and when allowed to dry it kind of cured it partially. At least it kept the flys and maggots away and allowed for a soft bed for newborn whelps. The moss it'self was for catching the fluids that came from the birth. Out the moss would go and then in with the hide.

Then before Jacq could run off she asked softly. "Jacq could you also find Jack for me? It is going to be a bit but I want him close." She cast him a soft knowing smile and then she sighed. How ironic that Calypso had been there for Jacq's birth and now he was her for the birthing of her first litter. Bending her neck she took a mouthfull of moss and took her ripe body back down into the darkness of the den only to come back up and repeat the ritual several times. When all the moss was gone she felt the clench of another contraction, she gasped and froze until the pain passed. Motherhood was not adventure for the faint of heart. She knew that she would have to pull Liar away from Khalon sooner than she would have liked. But it was important to have a healer, at least nearby just incase. Plus Liar needed a birthing under her belt, it was important as healer. Calypso's mother had insisted on her attending and Calypso wasn't even a healer, but it sure was coming in handy for knowing what to expect.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:41 am

Jacq smirked as Calypso revealed in her expression that she was surprised with his efficiency in getting what she wanted. He was working quickly for he could tell this was urgent, in the way she spoke and moved, even though she was hurting. As she requested that he bring the hide to the sea and rinse it, he nodded vigorously, though at the moment he did not look forward to seeing the violent waves once more. Still, he could not let her down. He took the hide in his jaws and was about to take off, when Calypso made yet another request - she wished for Jack at her side. Jacq could not say no. "I will find him as soon as I can Calypso," he promised, dipping his head to her and setting off. Before he left the den area, he noticed two wolves talking together at another den's entrance. He'd never met them, but surely they knew Jack. His tail flicked up in the air before flowing out behind him as he rushed over to them.

"Hi, I'm Jacques," he introduced himself briefly, hide still between his teeth, "If you see Jack anywhere, please let him know Calypso wants him to join her immediately." He had nothing else to say, so he tilted his head to Yana and Will, then shot off in his continuous urgent pace. He would still keep a lookout for Jack, for it didn't seem anyone really knew where he was. He tripped over the hide a couple of times, so he crumpled it back up like before and sprinted until he could hear water hitting shore. He slowed to catch his breath, but only slightly. When he reached the water's edge, he unfolded the hide and placed it on the surface of the water. Quickly the fur filled with water and became soaked, sinking underneath. He let it soak for several moments. Calypso hadn't said how long to keep it there. He pulled it out again and looked at the fleshy side, seeing that a lot of the flesh and fat had fallen away or disintegrated in the salty waters.

He tugged the now heavy hide out, dragging it up the shore on the flesh side. He didn't want gritty sand getting in the fur to make it itchy or bothersome for Calypso or her coming newborns. He dragged it until he came to the more grassy forest floor, and folded it back up. It was much heavier this time, and he knew that he couldn't make the run all the way back after all his work done for her. But he would still try. He kept up a steady pace, and he could feel his weight pulling down on him at every pawstep, as well as the hide putting a strain on his neck. He was breathing very heavily by the time he returned to the main area, and time was drawing onward. He still needed to find a good place to hang this to dry, and then try to find Jack. He sat down, looking around frantically for a tree that looked climbable. Sighing, he spotted the lowest branch he could see nearby, but he would need to make a mighty leap to get up there. At least with the hide draped he wouldn't have to jump a second time to get it down.

Moving closer to the tree, he sized it up, then made a run at it and clawed his way up the trunk. He pushed off, feeling he couldn't make it. He tried several more times but didn't make it, and realized was impossible for him to do alone. Blue-green orbs looked around somewhat helplessly, feeling he would let down Calypso if he couldn't do this. He couldn't ask her to help him though, it would be too dangerous. So who else was around? The two he'd spoken to earlier didn't appear to be doing much, but he wondered if they'd noticed him acting in such a bizarre way; it just wasn't normal for a wolf to try to climb a tree. He had to hang this up somehow though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

--Hoist the Colors High [MB]
Page 6 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fire & Ice Wolf Packs :: Archives :: Black Pearl Archive :: Inner Dens (MB)-
Jump to: