Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:

Go down 
+16
Lunar_Rand
(.kippy.)
WolfsRain89
Ruffian
White wolf
Hendaron
__silvers__
_Sensable_
jordymerrill
Shadowed
FoSsY
EDITOR
Moohn
Starrlight
akkanatrum
Silent
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfsrain09

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-09-24

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 3:01 pm

Having relayed her message, the she-wolf let out a sigh and laid her head on her paws, doing her best to stay awake. However, it was a failing thought, for her ears drooped to the sides as her silver eyes hazed before closing most of the way. While she didn't fall completely asleep, she did doze, though she was awake enough to pay attention to her surroundings. While she really did want to sleep, habits were hard to break, and she was in a strange territory, one she had never been to before, only heard about.

She frowned as she was woken by a sound, and looked around, wrinkling her nose and blinking furiously in an attempt to clear her senses from sand. 'UGH! I hate sand!' she bristled her fur before shaking it, clearing it from the sand clinging to it, although some granules still remained. She looked around and, realizing that it was nothing, sat back down, but was unable to get back to her doze, and instead thought while she waited.

'What is this pack like?I know its pure, but what are the members like?' she began to wonder, thinking over the types of wolves she had met so far, and being unable to picture them as pure. 'Will they accept me? Will they want me with my deformity? Even if they do, what can I do for them? I can fight, but will they let me?'

She was broken from her thoughts by a male's voice, and looked up to see a Mackenzie Valley Wolf with sandy fur. “Who is it that wants to find a home here in Midnight Meadows?"

She stood so that she wasn't in a position of weakness, but kept her head low as well as her ail, in a position of submission, not wanting him to take her as a threat, barely putting any weight on her bad leg. Sizing him up warily in case a fight ensued, she opened her maw to speak, “I am Hathor, from the deserts of the Lone Lands.” she spoke quietly. “I have heard of your pack from many wolves, and hope to find a safe home here.”
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 7:06 pm

He padded over to the healer, the scent of lavender drawing him in. He closed his eyes, inhaling the heavenly scent, his mind drifting to meadows of the stuff... Fields upon fields of lavender, as if graced by Fenrir's purple tongue, and gifted to those he thought would put it to its best purpose. Valkien allowed the nostalgia to fill his chest, but there came a point where tears brimmed the corner of his eyes... Those fields, as he saw them in his mind's eye, were to never be as they were ever again. They had been taken, stolen, and ruined with the blood of his family. Instead of hanging his head as he once would have, he tightened his jaw and lifted his sights to the clear blue skies above. This simple act of using lavender as a salve was clue enough that somewhere out there, his mother and father were still watching out for him.

Valkien took another step towards her. "Thank you," he said, softly but with nobility, briefly bowing his head. "Your abilities... and your medicine already means more to me than you know. I am grateful." As he said this, he was beginning to wonder how in the world he could give thanks to these wolves... Balthier, for finding him. Link, for teaching him the ways of the warrior. And now Fran, for her warm welcome that reminded him of his family. He knew the answer without having to ask it... He would serve them. Act as their paladin, their knight, their protector. It was the reason his mother had wanted him to go when he could, and why his father had instilled so much honor and valor into him. They were raising him to be what he needed to be.

Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:57 am

He immediately picked up on the change of topic, replying, "There should be some deer in the taller grasses of the field." His path started to veer slightly, staying by the gradually lighter cover of trees for as long as possible as he double checked that they were downwind of the deer. The wind was always an uncertainty, although generally the direction was constant once felt. It was a slight wind, but he was uncertain of the deer's ability to smell them.
Muscles tensed in excitement as he slowed. In a quiet voice, he informed, "They're over there." He pointed his head in the direction of the just-visible deer, the younger deer being better hidden in the grass. The adults were more easily spotted. He hadn't really led a hunt, but he remembered when it was just him and his brother, they would do an ambush system. There were no trees by the deer, just the grass. Perhaps he'd wait to see what Eris suggested, since she was more experienced?
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:17 pm

Eris's cool green eyes sparkled with amusement at the young brus eagerness. Such a temperament was not usually desired in on the occasion for a hunt but she figured it would pan out fine either way. Having stayed here with the young Damean jr. some time back she had a general feel for the land but had spent little time bothering to explore it. She had not enjoyed being in the graces of another pack and spent much of her free time on the edge of the lone lands. Having that thought she fell in line with Varaak as he jaunted forward to start their hunt. She hoped he knew where they could hunt something enticing, she wasn't very eager to eat any more small mammals but something is better than nothing. She cast her eyes to the canopy of leaves as the traveled through the forest, knowing that her winged companion was nearby was a comfort, even if she could not see him. 

Auds cupped forward when Varaak spoke and she tilted her head in question. "Won what? Our pack back? Why of course we did, it was nothing short of a upstart being foolish. The only reason we left was to be sure of Damean's safe keeping." She paused another moment before answering the second part of the question. Yes, how were things...I wouldn't really know because i've spent little enough time there of late. Been too busy actually paying attention to the stirrings around the land. Jabbar is to blind...to within themselves. "The pack is fine, we need not fear anybody, not even Muerta." Her thoughts became dark as she thought of that pack but she skipped around it not trying to bring that mood into this setting. 

Following closely at his side she derailed the conversation back to the present. "So what are we hunting? It's good to know in advance so you can mentally prepare." She wondered just how experienced Varaak was though if it was one thing she learned it was not to underestimate anyone. Not even the pures. 
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 10:17 am

A wolf could have his little outings, Balthier reasoned as he walked away from the group, everything taken care of for the time being. He trusted Link and the rest of the pack to tend to newcomers. All he wanted was a small break, maybe rummaging up some herbs as most will start to wilt after the next couple fortnights. His small stashes had to be maintained as much as his main supply. Well... Fran's, too, he amended. He'd be busy for a while, and maybe by that time, the hunting party would finish, and... well... maybe he should see to whoever was around. He'd look to see if they were still there, at least. As he himself said, while Link could guard the borders and run off unwanted wolves, he shouldn't strain his voice. Sighing, he meandered over towards where he heard the howl while keeping his eyes sharp for herbs, making a note of their location. Perhaps he'd send Fran and Vaarak to collect them later on.
He approached the area, and called out more gently than he'd normally would, not wanting to startle the tired sounding wolf, "Who it is that wants to find a home here in Midnight Meadows?"

Vaarak looked at Eris and nodded, quickly turning to Valkien and said, "I'll see you later!" He turned again, to see which direction would be best to start, and decided southeast, away from the lone lands and deeper into the territory. There were lots of hare throughout, but there might be some deer away from where the pack frequented. As he contained his excitement and struggled with not breaking out into a run, he asked, "My brother said you guys won. I thought that would have been obvious. You guys look really strong, and Balthier was backing you up. How are things now?"

For now, he wasn't worried about speaking, although he did have enough sense to not speak so loudly. It was a hunt, and Balthier had always tried to drill in his head to be quieter, and then completely silent when their target was in sight. He wasn't really sure about the wording that was used, but Vaarak never thought much into it. 

Fran said to Valkien, "I'll give your paws some salve first. It'll come off as you move around, but it can always be reapplied until it feels better, some days from now. The body will pull the moisture and healing properties from the salve. Staying hydrated will be important during this time. After the salve goes on, we can either wait for the hunting party and eat first, or get something to drink first. Do you have any questions?" She started to prepare the herbs, keeping some aside of later on. It seems Balthier had the foresight to bring some extra to have on hand. It seemed like Balthier added some lavender. Odd, but... maybe the wolf knew something about them she didn't; it wouldn't be the first time. She mixed the flowers in, too, already starting to relax from the scent.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Pawprints : 1971

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 1:58 pm

A weary smile tugged at Valkien's lips, however chapped and dry. "I will take Fran," he replied, seeing as the fem had just introduced herself, and he ducked his head in a swift bow. "I was lucky enough to find an oasis a couple of miles ago, but I'm still thirsty... and hungry..." he continued, his voice cracking; a mix of puberty and a dry throat. His weary smile turned into an embarrassed one. He hated being so young, so little, even though he was more than half of his adult size by now. However, he didn't stand shoulder-to-shoulder with any of the other males around him, nor stood over them. It frustrated him. He wanted to be big and brave and strong... and it just didn't seem like it could come fast enough. He watched as Link loped away like a knight on a stallion to survey the territory, to make sure the lands were safe. Link was to be the one training him, and least to say, he was very eager to start. His body on the other hand still needed to recover.

Valkien followed Fran as she spoke with Eris about the hunt. The talk of food made his belly rumble; he had been surviving on desert hares and lizards for far too long. He salivated at the idea of sweet, juicy deer venison, but he wouldn't let it get ahead of himself. He didn't know what kind of prey lived in these meadows, but he couldn't wait until they brought back the kill. He ached to participate, but he knew it was better to rest; the moments he had been standing here, as well as his whole journey, was exhausting enough.

Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:12 pm

Eris's gaze switched over to Fran as the she wolf spoke to her regarding the younger wolf that she would be hunting with. A wry smile appeared on her mug when she spoke about being harsher to him if it was needed. No problem there toots. Perhaps they had forgotten that Jabbar was a dark pack despite its current friendship with Midnight. Something construed by the late Damean Jaggar, something that most likely would never happen again. She wondered if after his sons rule if the allegiance would be honored. Time could only tell. She mumbled her thanks to Fran before stepping over to Varaak. "You ready to kid?" She said not unkindly. In the brief time that they had stayed she had kept mostly to the outskirts and hunted along the edge of the desert. Now was the time to see if Midnight's lands boasted such a bountiful meal for them.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 10:45 am

Fran smiled towards Eris, echoing Zelda, "Yes, thank you for your timely arrival. I'm sure Vaarak would appreciate any help with the hunt. He's not yet too up for leading a hunt, but if it's just the two of you, then coordination wouldn't be difficult, and if you take point after he leads you to some unsuspecting herd, he'll just follow your lead." Stepping a bit closer so the younger wolf wouldn't hear, she added, "Balthier would say it's ok to be a bit hard on him if he messes up as long as you're being constructive. There's not much you can do to scare him off."
Vaarak saw at least one wolf would be joining him. Fran and his brother would be busy healing. Zelda was going to rest from the excitement. He hoped she was ok. Quickly, though, another movement caught his attention, as he saw Balthier come back. To Valkien, he said, "I'll see you later, then!" and took a few steps towards Fran and Eris, tail swaying in anticipation.

Balthier noticed the siblings had left, but wasn't too worried about them. Now these herbs... his ears twitched hearing a howl, a weary one. When they came... He placed the herbs by Fran and said, "Link was headed in that general direction, but I'll go see, if only to back him up if he's already there. I don't want him straining to use his voice. Cracked paws shouldn't be difficult." To Vaarak, he said, "Be courteous to our guest." Politely dipping his head in belated greeting, he added, "I'd like to speak with you briefly before you depart, but until then, I hope you find your visit refreshing and restful."
Back to top Go down
Wolfsrain09

Number of posts : 8
Pawprints : 14
Registration date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 10:42 pm

I am never, ever, going to the desert again. All that sand! A young black she-wolf thought. She stood at the edge of a strongly scented wolf pack territory, head low and panting. She attempted a breath through her nose but, like her eyes, it was blocked by sand. She could only barely smell the scent of this pack, and nothing else. Her eyes watered, and she could barely see. Her black and white fur was thickly covered in sand, and it weighed her down. “So hot…”

“Why, why, did I think it would be a good idea to walk through the desert! Black fur, plus sand, does not equal good! And now the muscles in her twisted leg were throbbing, and her hips ached like she had been kicked by an elk. She let out a low groan.

“I don’t think I have the energy to even howl…” she moaned, laying down slowly and carefully, feeling each movement in her crooked and uneven hips. “Owwwww!” She stretched out her bad leg, hoping to relax the muscles.

“Owww, maybe they’ll have a healer… if they even accept me.” she gave a shake of her black fur and white tinged nape, and struggled to get rid of the clingy sand. She struggled to sit up for a moment, deciding that her howl might echo better if she was sitting up. Hello! I’m here! I want to join this pack, or at least stay! she howled, hearing it echo. Satisfied that someone had to have heard it, she collapsed down again, stretching out her hind legs before readjusting them for her misaligned hips, resting her head on her paws. Now, all that was left was to wait.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 5:04 pm

Eris's eyes lingered over Evon as the white mistress spoke to her returning her courtesy with just as much ease. Her ears flicked, she had not reacted to her subtle threat of more wolves coming, but then again she expected nothing less. And after all...there really were no more wolves coming. And just like that Evon turned to leave, casually as if she had not come to harass these pure wolves. Her words echoed in her skull Perhaps our paths will cross....yes definitely I think. Eris thought back silently, though all she did was inlcine her head some before looking back to the enraged Midnight Wolves. Link and Zelda were watching her, she saw recognition shining in their eyes. Of course they would recognize her, she had been here when the Jabbar wolves had sheltered from the invasion on their pack. When Damean Jr. bonded with his milk mother, Cinder. Eyes found the trembling fae, slight in her fury. She could not help but think that the she wolf lacked the dangerous edge of Akiko or Petra. She wondered how long it would take that other wolf to come back from the forest. Clearing her throat she looked down and sheepish for a moment. "To be honest with you lot there is no one else coming. It's only me. It seemed to me you guys could use some help." She shrugged her shoulders and looked away again. 

Zelda was the first to speak clearing her throat. "Well thank you....you didn't have to.." It sounded weak to her but the whole situation was so bizarre. Would they ever be free of Evon's harassment? What was her interest in the child? Should they dispatch someone to Jabbar to warn them? The awkward moments passed a moment longer broken by Balthier's returning form and she felt her heart sigh in relief. Thank goodness he was alright...but what had happened in the forest? And who was the young wolf that he was bringing along. Surely not another of Evon's band. Soon enough they reached them and Balthier's first words were ones of reassurance. She nodded her head content to trust the brus judgement.
His next transition was to the young wolf at his side and Zelda looked at him curiously. He seemed a little shook up and more than a little dirty. The next announcement about Link becoming his mentor surprised her and she shot a look over to her brother who was even now pressed against Cinder offering her silent reassurance. He looked taken aback at first and then bemused as if he wasn't sure were this was going. A wry smile graced his features and he looked from Valkien back to Balthier and he nodded gently. Yes, he would train the young bru, though it might be more than a little unusual with his current state. Zelda's attention perked up at the mention of a hunt but she wasn't sure she felt for it, hmm perhaps it would be better to relax after such excitement. She also wanted to make sure that Evon had completely left the lands. As if reading her thoughts Link was at her side touching her shoulder and indicated the witch's exit and with one last glance at Cinder that shone with his love for her he dashed off to make sure that his lands were safe.
Zelda watched her brother go and sighed, he was so valiant..that brother of hers. Not compared to the broken soul that she was. Zelda felt very tired suddenly..too tired. Smiling weakly at the pack she touched Cinder's flank as she turned away from them. "I'm going to lay down" she announced before sauntering off, pausing she looked back as if remembering. "Make yourself at home Eris..." With that she headed off into the solace of the woods. Only the crunch of leaves filled her mind as she walked, determined not to let her mind slip farther she found a cool mossy rock near the river and settled down..
Eris one more cleared her throat, eyeing the loose gathering of wolves. Eris's "If no one minds I'll help with the hunt." It had been a bit of time since she had eaten well and she could give a good bit to her falcon that winged far above somewhere. 
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:14 pm

He moved over to Vaarak, nudging him after Valkien spoke, stating, "See if anyone else wants to go with you. The rest of the pack probably wouldn't object to eating." He looked towards said pack in silent question. It was a good chance for some of them to expend some energy, nervous or not. Back to the kid, though. He'd gotten a quick glance at the paws, but because of the recent occurrence, he'd felt it safest for the kid to be within the presence of more numbers... and the kid probably felt safer being with others right now.

Smirking, Balthier said, "Take your pick of healer. Fran over there, or yours truly. Either one of us will patch you up. I'll get some herbs." There wasn't much to do, other than for the kid to rehydrate, but the hurting could be soothed and the cracks could be stimulated to heal quicker. The emergency stash nearby should have most of the herbs required. He nodded towards Fran, a silent request to stick around, and swiftly made his way a short distance south.

Fran walked forward as Balthier left, and said in her usual, somewhat slower tone, "Welcome, Valkien. As Balthier has stated, I'm Fran. The herbs will merely soothe pain and promote swifter healing. The problem is mainly dehydration and abrasion. Drinking water will help, but don't drink too much at a time. Suddenly drinking after a long time with little to no water will upset your stomach." Her ears twitched as she surveyed the surroundings. She didn't doubt Balthier was gone, but the rest had yet to move or speak, probably busy watching Eris.

This stash was in a hole, buried and marked with a rock. He never understood why other wolves had only one stash, always at their den site. He moved the rock, and moved a bit of dirt, quickly reaching a point where an oddly shaped rock was sitting. An odd shape, but a wolf could easily pick it up. Underneath, the tunnel was narrowed, angling slightly to reveal to hole with some herbs sitting on the bottom. Picking out the ones he wanted, he took a quick stock of the rest of rest, looking among their organized groups. It was one of the more elaborate stashes, and liked to keep these better stocked. Balthier picked up the rock and placed it over the hole before kicking the small amount of dirt back, patted it down a bit, and replaced the rock that served as a marker on top. Herbs in maw now, he started to make his way back.

Last edited by akkanatrum on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 4:24 pm

He couldn't help but wonder what the rest of the pack would be like. Valkien tipped his head in curiosity at the mention of Balthier's brother, glad to hear that there would be someone around his age, if slightly older. What he was more interested in, though, was the wolf named Link. He tried to picture the hessian in his mind; would be strong and tall, a dominating competitor on the field? Or would he be lean and quick, fierce in every movement? His father had been bold and fearless. What kind of experience did Link have? How many lives had he saved? How many battle scars hid under his coat, or did he wear them like medals of pride? He hadn't even met the wolf yet, but it was without a doubt to say that he was excited.

As they approached the pack, Valkien couldn't help but a notice a familiar scent lingering in the area. His excitement was immediately replaced by anxiety, but he didn't let it swallow him. He would have to take a smart, rational approach about this... But he surveyed the fields surrounding him, searching for the ones that had ripped his family to shreds, recognizing that scent from anywhere. Those culprits were nowhere to be seen, and Balthier seemed nonplussed by it. When they reached the pack, Balthier mentioned something about a wolf leaving the lands; had it maybe been just one of the wolves that had attacked Amaranth? Valkien wanted to ask, but he understood that now was not the time or the place. Or maybe he was misunderstanding all of it; darkness smelled all the same, putrid and rank, as death did. He could see that darkness was not allowed in these lands, and if it did enter, it was chased out.

Before he could ponder any more of it, Balthier's brother bounded up to him, thrilled. Valkien offered him a smile, but truly, he was exhausted. "Yes, I have come from far away. From the fields of Amaranth," he replied, reclining back on his haunches. "It's kind of a long story, but, Balthier said I'd be welcome here. And even though I'm starving, I'm really tired. I think I'll sit this out." He held up a paw and turned it over, the pads cracked and scabbed. "If you could point me to a healer, I might feel better. The desert didn't do me any good," he said, glad to hear Balthier point his need to rest out to Vaarak. He certainly had a lot of energy, and his bright personality lifted Valkien from his gloom. It was safe to say that he looked forward to this pack; he found his eyes looking past Vaarak's shoulder at Link, though, and he couldn't wait to listen to what the bru had to teach him.

Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 3:14 pm

This kid... Not at all what he was expecting. At least he sounded better after a drink of water. "No need for such formalities. As I said, we look after our own, and you'll be pitching in, too. There will be no debts amongst pack. Link is the one who you'll want to learn from, then. Cinder is his mate, and Zelda is his sister, so you can understand he knows much about fighting to protect loved ones."

Seeing Valkien was ready to go, he started to head towards where he guessed the pack would still be and said, "I'll bring you to the pack now. Get to know them. And... I'll warn you of my brother now. He may be older than you, but he's still a bit of a kid at heart... You'll see once you meet him. Take some time to take everything in and relax." Balthier hoped the kid had patience... although it might be just what the kid needed. It might be weird after what happened, but it'd be good for him to play around. With any luck, the two younger wolves would be a good influence on each other. Balthier took note of the field. The colors of autumn would soon be in full effect, and there would be some herbs to gather that bloomed around now. Then he'd have to check on his multiple herb stashes, though he doubt there would be much maintenance, since they were for emergencies.

Soon enough, they were in sight of the rest of the pack, and he greeted them, "That wolf left the lands, and he's not going to say anything that should cause them to come back in retaliation." He didn't say any more. Leaving the pack without details would be best for everyone... especially if they did come back for another... conversation. "Anyways, everyone, this is Valkien, here to make a home, and to learn under Link," he introduced, looking at Link, with a small look that said, I hope you're ok with that. He hadn't asked the other, after all, but Balthier never said when the training would start, so even if it was a bad time, Balthier could take over the first part of Valkien's training. Things like gaining speed and muscle were generic and easy enough.

Vaarak looked up as Balthier came up, having been disinterested in the rest of the conversation his pack mates were making. There was another wolf next to him who wasn't the one he'd left with. Immediately, he stood up from his reclined position bounced towards Valkien and said brightly, "Hi, Valkien! I'm Vaarak. Does that mean you're going to train to be a warrior? That's really cool, because my brother wants me to learn as well! I mean, I already know a bit, but he wants me to learn from a 'real' warrior... Not sure what he means by that, because he can fight, too... I'm sure you'll love living here. Did you come from far away? You look hungry. We can go hunting. I was going to do that with Fran, but then something interfered and we didn't get the chance."

Balthier watched as Vaarak finished speaking and was already slowly inching away from the pack, clearly ready to go hunting. His brother had clearly picked up on some of the basic healer diagnostics, as the younger ha been able to pick up some of the symptoms of a long distance traveler with little to no rest. With a roll of his eyes and a look of amusement, he said, "Wait for him to answer. It might be kinder if you left to hunt with some of the others and let our friend rest, unless he really wants to go." He was tempted to swat his dear brother over the head, but... he did warn Valkien... somewhat. He'd wait to see the reaction before restraining his brother.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:17 pm

Valkien thought about what Balthier said, and in the end, he could only nod in agreement. "You're right," he conceded. "That's why she wanted to protect me so much, didn't she? So that I could be safe while I ran away." He hung his head again, thinking hard, and now speaking more to himself than aloud. "To have run away and be ashamed would disgrace her name, and she would have died in vain. That's not right, either. To continue to live, to carry on the philosophy of Amaranth, of my father, my pack... That's what she would have wanted for me." Golden eyes settled on Balthier's form once more. At his suggestion to freshen up, he nodded again. "Thank you."

They crossed through the meadow, blooming with lavender, poppies, and various wildflowers, still bright from summer's end. Valkien wasn't sure how long it would be until the cold settled in, for the sun above him was still hot and bright, and the cicadas still whined as they broke through the yellow grass. If the territory was only a meadow and a single grove of elm trees, he would have sworn that he was back home. A pang of homesickness shuddered in his chest, but he held his breath; he knew that the fact that this place resembled Amaranth was a sign of good fortune, and he refused to let himself be bothered by what it was no more. He wondered if the wolves that resided here were anything like the ones he had known. From what he had heard from Balthier, they, too, honored the pure. They would at least have that much in common.

The meadow came to an abrupt end, a crevasse having split its way in. They came near a stream running parallel to the crevasse, then snaked over its edge, as a tiny waterfall would. Valkien could hear the running water drop into the bottom of it, steady and flowing. He listened to Balthier as he took huge gulps of water, somewhat lukewarm, having traveled very far from the mountains and being heated by the sun, but it was much better than anything he found in the desert. He licked his chops when the bru was finished.

"Yes. I think a true warrior is exactly what I would like to be," he replied. A smile creased on his lips for the first time in... Well, a long time. "It would be an honor to be taught, a debt to your pack that only servitude would repay. To give me advice on what I should be doing is already enough." His heart pounded in his chest. To be a warrior, a monk, a poet... It was what his father had wanted of him. To tread in his footsteps, and though they would be in different lands, Valkien couldn't help but be excited over the prospect of it. Though he spoke with eloquence of a full-fledged adult, there was still much he had to bridle, including his emotions, coursing through him now, his tail wagging with delight. "You have my absolute word," he said, and then dipped his dial to the older wolf. "It's truly a pleasure, Balthier."

Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 9:11 pm

There was something positive in that response. He didn't want to hear anything about Arcadia... ever again. Balthier would never go back there. Still, the rest of the response wasn't something he was overly excited to hear.

"Kid- Valkien. Running isn't always cowardly. My pardons and condolences, but it seems like your mother did the right thing. If your mother, a stronger wolf than you, couldn't stand up to them, she wouldn't want you there. Running can be tactical, and it can give an opportunity to regroup, or for revenge. You not leaving would be cowardly, facing the easy path of certain death head-on instead of clinging to life. A waste, also, of your mother's life. She'd be disappointed if you hadn't ran to live on, from what I would venture to assume."

He came to a stop in front of the lad. Just some food, water, and some rest, and Valkien would be fine. "Come. You should freshen up," he said, and started walking, only pausing to look back to see if the kid was following. Near the crevasse would be a stream of water. With any luck, he wouldn't have scared the kid or been too harsh. Sure, running away was seen as cowardly by many, but for others, it was a means to survive. Being seen as a coward but being alive was far better than being seen as brave but be dead for no purpose. He'd ran those years ago, and he never regretted it. Of course, it wasn't because of a decimated pack he'd ran.

"It's Balthier, by the way," he stated, "we help our own here, and it sounds like you'd fit in well into our pack. We'll get some water and you can meet the rest while you eat. A bit of shaping up, and you'll learn how to protect what you find of value. If a true warrior is what you want to learn to be, there is a wolf to teach you. My brother is learning under him. And... those wolves who caused you to leave home? There is another who fights in a similar fashion- for the pack, not ill will. Of course, there are other skills you can master while learning some combat on the side." Balthier would see what this kid wanted to do. It didn't happen all the time a wolf could choose their path like this. He hadn't, but now he couldn't imagine life any other way.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 1:36 pm

He held his head down, staring at his paws, but listening to Balthier nonetheless. He was than him, probably about the age that his father had been, and he knew that all he was doing was looking out for his safety. Even as Balthier circled him, eyes scouting for any more injuries, he relaxed and sat back on his haunches; if Balthier was going to attack him, he would have done so already. However, he did perk up when the hessian mentioned about knowing the wolves that attacked him. "You do?" he said, incredulous and frightened within. He didn't know what he would do if he came across those hellions ever again. It was then that he realized that Balthier was speaking in general, about the darkness that persisted through world and expressed via wolves of stranger hearts, if they had them. When Balthier asked him about a land named Arcadia, he shook his head.

"No," he said calmly, beginning to feel more at ease after listening to Balthier's wise words, his sobbing subsided. "I hail from the fields of Amaranth. I guess you could say that we, too, were a pure pack. Our Alpha, Gabriel, upheld peace and community, above all others. He taught us when to be merciful, and when to enact justice, or defend the pack from the darkness. We just weren't strong enough... I wasn't strong enough," he said, the tears welling in his eyes again, but he fought them back with more fervor this time. He would always speak of Amaranth with pride, as his father would have done, or anyone else in his pack would have. "I wasn't given a second chance. I wasn't saved from death. I was protected from it, by my mother, as she sacrificed herself so I could run away," he continued. With each word spoken here, the guilt weighed on his shoulders and buried in his chest even deeper. He sighed. "I wish I wouldn't have ran, like a coward. I wish I had just stayed and fought like the rest. But I'm too little. And I don't have any skills. But I want to, because it's not right that those kinds of wolves exist." What was he saying? Yes, of course those kinds of wolves shouldn't exist, but he was no assassin, he was no killer, no terminator. He was a boy with blood on his back that wasn't his own, but he felt responsible for it. As Balthier mentioned, he said that it wasn't his fault, but it was the kind of thing that could change a man's life forever, and cause him immense pain or new purpose. "I want to be able to protect those around me."

He now looked up to Balthier. He didn't know if the wolf would be able to teach him the skills necessary, or even have the ability to, but it was something the boy said more to himself than anything else, solidifying his resolve. "My name is Valkien," he offered, realizing he had been withholding it, even when the bru had asked him of it. "I know that nothing regarding Amaranth can be done, but... You're the first wolf I've come across since I ran away that listened. Thank you. I appreciate it. I really, really do."

Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 5:41 pm

He wasn't too surprised by the answer, or at least, what was clearly something bad. The look was something he was familiar with. He couldn't pinpoint it, but it was similar to victims of his more... unsavory kind. Balthier had kept his nose clean... relatively speaking. He stuck to items. He knew of the different... varieties of thieving, but there was so much more and more than theft, so it would be improper to push for more information. Only if trouble came here, he'd push if the pack relied on the information.

Instead, he contemplated the words. It was impossible for 'nothing' to bring one anywhere. There was always a reason, unconscious or not... but the way the kid said it, and the information that came after... That kind of nothing. Prisoners of war, a take-over... still too many options. It was clear that the end result was in a lost home.

"We don't trust the wrong strangers, which would happen to be like those who wronged you. I think I know about those type of wolves you speak. Don't apologize for things that aren't your fault. Never forget where you came from, but don't live in the horrors of the past. You might not find all your answers. The best is speculation or if you confront your enemies and force an answer from them. You have a second chance to live, something not often granted. For all I know, you can be the only one left, and have to carry your pack's legacy. Or... you can run from it all. Be free and live alone, living by no rules but those of survival. It's your choice. You rest with Midnight Meadows now, should you choose to remain. Answer this, kid, while I give you a once-over to see if you're only dehydrated. What's your name, and does the territory Arcadia mean anything to you? Think about where you want to make a home. We're pure wolves, but when push comes to shove, we don't always play nice. For now, I, Balthier, a healer, will patch you up and be our guest until you decide what you want." In all honesty, Fran would be a better healer. She knew more methods, but didn't have enough experience, making him the senior, yet. His healing knowledge was wider than most wolves and was very familiar with what he knew, but his healing knowledge was probably more limited compared to other healers from neighboring packs.

During this last bit, he walked a wide circle around the kid. Close enough to look for injuries, but far enough to imply he was going to respect the kid's space and remain nonthreatening. He wouldn't treat the kid like a whelp, seeing he had been trying to make some semblance of keeping his emotions calm. If the kid cried, well... Balthier still had to do what was most important first, and calming down a kid wasn't high on the list. Cinder, Zelda, or Fran could watch over him, or he could be introduced to Vaarak. He'd play with the kid.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:48 am

The young boy was so overwhelmed with the emotions rippling through him, that he did not hear another wolf approach. When Balthier spoke, he rolled onto his paws and bared his teeth, on the defense, ready for anything. But Balthier was calm and nonthreatening. Regardless, he held his position, amber eyes roiling with anger. "Nothing brought me here," he snarled, but it didn't sound as dangerous as he had intended it to, his voice cracking. It didn't help that he had to sniffle back his tears. He didn't want anyone to see him this way, but he was unable to put on any kind of mask. "I just..." he shook his head, his posture falling, but he was never really going to attack Balthier in the first place. There wasn't really a reason to.

"Why did they have to take us?" he asked him, pleading for an answer, as he had done to the sky only moments before. But here was an actual wolf, one he could talk to, one that may give him advice as his father had done. Or he would remain silent. "We... We did nothing wrong. We said nothing wrong. Our pack... My pack..." he faltered and could not bring himself to say anything more. What could he do? He was without a pack, without a home, and he was more confused than ever about what he needed to do in life to survive. Yes, he had ran, as his mother had told him to, but then what? He couldn't run forever, that was shown in the blood of his cracked paws and dehydrated skin.

What would his father have done? Yes, that's the way he needed to think about things. His father always knew what the rights words to say were, as well as what were the right decisions to make. He looked up to Balthier again, setting his brow as he had seen his father do many times, though he knew in his head he probably looked nothing like him. "I... I need shelter. And medicine. I'm sorry for all of... this..." His voice cracked again; a split between how upset he was and puberty. "If you don't trust strangers, I understand." 

Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 10:27 pm

((I'm going to assume Vault left and move on))

He'd watched the other left, finding he'd have a grudging respect for the bru. The respect would be greater if Balthier was not the Balthier that stood here today. For now, it was good to see all of the party gone. Jabbar had more capable wolves, and means, to defend themselves. After all, it had been some time, and there were always wolves to be attracted to such places. He figured Jabbar would be rational enough to not be too angry to be provoked into attacking the pack if Evanescence decided to rat them out.

Just as he started to head back, the sound of a faraway yell caught his ears. Not one of alarm, one that'd bring trouble... yet, but still a loud exclaimation. Looking back in the direction of the pack... well... they probably didn't expect him for another few moments yet. He wandered over to see who was making the commotion. A... young wolf. Bother, but potentially a welcome.

"Hey kid. You're lucky we're nicer wolves than most around these parts. What brings you here, anyways?" Oh please let this be just an exhausted and lost wolf, and just angry at the fact he was lost because he was an arrogant youngster. He knew he should have brought Fran. She was the only female without problems to deal with right now, having not known Evanescence like the others seemed to. She could deal with kids with sob stories. Alas, he didn't, and would have to be patient.

Fran relaxed as the two fems left, leaving Eris. It was convenient she'd arrived when she did. Why now, though, she wondered. She nodded her head in recognition, and waited for more words. She glanced at the others. They all seemed to be more calm now, minus Vaarak who had been relaxed in the first place, although he had seemed to pick on the hostility. No doubt he looked highly up to Link for protection, though, in the temporary absence of Balthier in dealing with the male.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 8:02 pm

He didn't know how much further he could go.

His legs ached and his tender paw pads bled. He had been walking for weeks, moving only a scarce number of miles at a time, unable to stop and unable to rest. He had to keep going. Put as much distance between himself and him. The young male pushed himself ever forward, into lands unknown, a safe haven from the rest of the world. He didn't know how long he could stay here, surrounded by these beautiful meadows, blooming with flowers and life. The summer sun blasted down upon him, the cicadas screaming like death snarls in his head, his vision blurry as he carried on. He tried to convince himself that he could stop, he wouldn't be reached here, but who knew who else would come to purge him of the earth? He was young, and still coming to terms with the right and the wrong in the universe, but he knew that wherever light was, there was darkness, casting the shadow. It was a philosophy his old pack had taught him, a wisdom passed onto him from his mother and father. Tears welled in his golden eyes, and his body released another exhausted shudder.

He couldn't get the image of them out of his head... His father, standing tall and proud against the hellions of darkness, a paladin of the pure. He would clash with his enemies long after he was defeated, though the whelp had never seen him fall. No, his loving mother had ushered him and the rest of their family away, to safety... Or so they thought. The enemy was there, too; bitches hiding in his mother's den, leaping out like badgers and assassinating those they saw fit. Again, his mother pushed him into a different direction, tears streaking down her face as they tumbled through the brush. Her other children had been slaughtered, right before her eyes, and he was the only piece of her heart she had left. They reached a fated river bank, where she shooed him across, erasing his scent from the trail, and begged for him to run. He pleaded for her to follow, but follow she did not, as there was a killer on her heels. So he ran, glancing only once behind him to see his mother's fallen form, her blood draining into the river. He did not meet the murderer's eyes, for he did not want to be seen, and killed as well. So he ran, and ran, and ran, putting as much distance between himself as his legs would carry him, and even then, he would not stop. He would endure the pain, like his father did when fending off the enemy, determined to survive.

But he was so young, and he was so tired. His goal was set and his brow determined, but his legs collapsed beneath him, and he crashed into a bed of blooming lavender. It only made his tears well over and he burst into agonizing sobs; his mother and pack had smelled like lavender, residing in fields similar to where he was now. Anger built up in him. "Why did they have to take us?!" he screamed at the sky, as if the kings of the past had all the answers, or as if some god were to tell him so. "What did we do?!" Oh, how he wanted to know. He whimpered and curled into a ball, as he would have when he was an infant. He was nearly a year old, but already he had seen so much blood and violence and experienced so much pain. He shut his eyes tight. He knew that through his anger was how the darkness got in, and he couldn't let that happen. He wouldn't let that happen. His family would be so disappointed if he did. But where was his father's reassuring reason, his mother's gentle caress, his siblings' careless laughter? All of that was gone now. He had none. 

Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Cinder quivered as she stood looking at Evon. The small silver fem took a deep breath as she watched her beloved's eyes follow Balthier into the wood to show the bodies. Her ears pinned and she frowned.

Evon's words came and cut deeply. Her heart bled for her children. A soft keen held in her throat. She wouldn't show that white bitch how she hurt her. Zelda's touch came and she whispered words of comfort. 
A cloud of darkness seemed to float over them while that bitch was here. Cinder wanted nothing more than to rip her throat out....by fenris she did. 
Why did it seem that happiness seemed to escape midnight meadows? why did it seem to escape her? She felt she tried to do the best in life...her mate was almost taken from her...he would never sing again...their pups...no...they weren't Link's though he was a good father. Ill born...a punishment...but why?

Her body quivered again and she felt weak in that moment.

Evon turned to leave. 

Good riddance.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 1:27 am

She hid her distaste of this pack, maintaining her watch. Corentine assumed nothing would happen, but one never knew, especially with the carnage they'd seen. Since the pack still existed, it was clear at some point they resorted to violence. Until she knew what that point was, she'd treat them like any unknown target. It didn't help that they were being irritating, though, and she looked forward to leaving. Let the next disaster take them all. It was clear where this pack stood.

Another wolf arrived, apparently from one of the other packs, and Evanescence called for them to leave. Good. It was a bit of a nice change of pace in the open sun, but she could only stand such 'good' weather for so long, especially when there were wolves who ruined the sights. She followed Evon out, not worried about where their next destination was. Their departure seemed abrupt, but Corentine was nothing if not adaptable. It'd be impossible for her to have survived so long otherwise.

Balthier vaguely wondered if this sudden change had surprised the other. Then something went on in that split second of time, something he was sure he'd never figure out, but he knew something happened. He only guessed it, because Vault had, what he'd venture to guess uncharacteristically, moved away after stepping on him, as if he almost hadn't quite meant to. Of course, it was difficult to say this guess had any validity.

He wanted to refrain from looking down to see if the event drew any blood towards the surface, as he, with practiced ease, pulled back his original demeanor. A quick glance down showed an indentation where one of the claws had dug in the hardest. A mild, almost unnoticeable break of skin, but the claws had apparently been so maintained, the straight up and down movement ensured it looked like nothing more than the indentation he was looking at. He pulled his gaze away and back up, although for some reason, it seemed to fascinate him. Not that there wasn't anything else interesting, but he was more curious about those claws now. Warriors normally couldn't care to keep their claws so sharp, and duller, ragged claws generally caused more pain. Balthier wasn't even sure the other was a warrior. The fae probably was, and under normal circumstances, he'd have joked she had quite a bit of male in her before quickly rectifying that he didn't mean it in a bad way... There was something nagging at him, but he didn't have the time or luxury to put all his brain power into something that might be nothing.

There was a note of humor in his voice, but since his last exchange, he was sure Vault would now be able to pick up the fact Balthier was just playing his part, joking, seemingly self important, and sometimes charming, as he played the event off, "Not even on first name basis and we're almost sharing space. Never made friends so fast before. But alas, it might be fine to seize this opportunity to exit before the pack realizes what just happened over there." There was nothing to say as a farewell. They still didn't know each other and neither of them probably knew where the other truly stood, or if they'd ever happen upon each other again. In business or side deals there was no greetings or farewells. Just business, or else acquaintances were made, which wasn't always a good thing. Tales and experience told him this should stay as business-like as possible, else he'd develop too much of an interest that could cause him to hesitate should the worst occur in the future.
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

Number of posts : 328
Pawprints : 573
Registration date : 2011-02-04

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 4:03 pm

Balthier was conveniently laying out everything he wanted to know. And it actually sounded genuine. The demeanor of the bru was not exactly powerful and dominating like an alpha, but respectful, as he poured out his abstract to Evon’s concerns. Interesting. A rare breeze erupted and ran through Vault’s hair.

Jabbar. He knew of the lands and of the nature of the occupants, not on a personal level, but well enough to realize where he should be headed next. Besides, he wasn’t one to be personal. But, first, business was to be settled on these grounds…

The information was all there. HE GAVE HIM EXACTLY WHAT HE NEEDED, JUST THE SORT OF THING THAT HAD BEEN HOLDING HIM BACK. So finish it, Vault thought. The call that had beckoned him was singular and unrepeated, as well as without distress. Evon was leaving him to his own devices. It was the perfect chance for him to…experiment with this environment. FOR FENRIR’S FUCKING SAKE, WHAT MORE ENCOURAGEMENT DID HE NEED?

And that was just it: he had what he needed. Time to move forth, move to the next objective. Between the trouble Balthier had spared him of uncovering falsehoods and wasting time, and the lack of threat placed against Vault (for once), it was insensitive. Death would be insensitive. This little was valuable. “I see…” he finally responded. “No need…” he replied, referring to seeking out the corpses that did no benefit to Vault. And it seemed he would be off, not causing much more of a disturbance than that which had already been made by their arrival, galloping into the unknown yet towards the goal that shrouded itself in the darkness.

Still with Balthier, he turned his body away and pivoted towards the direction from where he had came, accidently stepping his large brown paw over Balthier’s as he moved,…or was it intentional… the thick, readily sharpened claw just barely digging into the surface underneath. Like a syringe.

He retracted the digits swiftly as though they had been burned, this partially apologetic reaction being one of his first nuances of feeling in the presence of these Midnight wolves. He looked from Balthier to the place where his paw had just dug-in mere milliseconds ago. If Vault had in fact landed on top of Balthier’s paw, and if he saw the tiniest prick of crimson from this wolf, he knew that’s all he would need for transmission. Death would be insensitive. But, this would not provoke death. The development from this action would be interesting, but he hoped for the other’s sake that this would not have to progress past Plan A…
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 5:32 am

It didn't take long to see why the pack had reacted negatively, based off this one wolf. The other was stoic, saying very little with his eyes. Not so unnerving, considering Balthier himself seem to share somewhat similar techniques. Although at ease, his senses were screaming at him to just turn back more often, or that he should have had the foresight to have been ready for such events.

The familiar, faint scent of copper was starting to detectable when he heard a summons, clearly for his current... companion. He stopped walking. Surprisingly, the bru lingered. Of course it was about the intel. Might as well be blunt so he could leave and... go wherever their destination was. Turning to face Vault, he said, "I have no knowledge about what your leader and my pack have tensions about, and don't see it likely for there to be a relevance to this matter. As my pack seemed to want your leader incapacitated, I felt the need to remind my pack to remain civil by any means. I only saw the whelp briefly, as I went to aid Jabbar in their fight. From what I've gathered, I deduce one of the wolves here, who has strong relations with Jabbar, took the whelp. You can guess where they likely went. You have no reason to believe my words, but I was true in the events that occurred. Just not the whelp being dead here and how I conveyed everything. There are dead whelps, just not the one you seek. I've held you long enough, I'm sure, unless you really do want to look at those bodies?"

No one could accuse him, and be correct, of not noticing how he came across at times. If they could, then it would just show how much the gods he didn't believe in liked to toy around. Of course,  the gods did seem to like to toy with him for their amusement, and if they were real, would probably like him just as much as he liked them. Not one bit.
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

Number of posts : 328
Pawprints : 573
Registration date : 2011-02-04

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 3:38 pm

They seemed to be alone. No one following, no one trailing. Yet.

Vault padded forward at an even pace, his footfalls heavy and his shoulders rippling beneath the brown pelt with each step, close to the left flank of the alpha of these lands. He remained focused, orange orbs catching the minute details of the environment that would be distorted from one’s periphery, lost in visible waves of summer heat. But even that had its difficulties. No, the temperature was not getting to him; it’s just that he was strolling with a hunk of meat that was unfavorable to him...and he was alone.

It hadn’t helped that that this bru had just about insulted them with his approach to the situation, joking and what not with his packmates. I will assume nothing will break out during my absence. No, it was this low attempt at small talk that initiated further annoyance deep within Vault. His eyes were hollow of emotion while he continued to glance about without moving his head, not exactly acknowledging the thorn stabbing his side. He was reminded of the scene he had noticed upon entrance to Midnight Meadows, blood strewn about in a quick, painful mess. It didn’t tell much. At Balthier’s question, he made eye contact with the wolf for a moment, brow furrowed, and immediately resumed his wandering gaze. In his mind, that counted as any stupid fucking answer he could be looking for.

The search bared few fruits for the moment. Showing me nothing so far…no blood…no hair…I don’t like it…The alpha persisted with his intentions of conversation. Aggressor?  Yeah right. As if every forefather, every bloodline of every hallowed land was without someone’s blood in their mitts. It was always the generous and the chivalrous and the decorated who sunk their fangs into the backs of unaware fools, digging into the marrow of the unsuspecting. Deep down, Balthier was just as savage as…

...Surely this was the most perfect time to take advantage of the situation. The closest individuals to their location were the dead: as far as he knew, the standoff remained between the two parties in the clearing, and the child was not to be found for now. Surely there were only mere moments that separated this tandem from turning into a killing, the other’s jugular sliced and spilling its nectar uncontrollably to the thirsty terra, staining the grounds with crimson that was hardly different from the bastard these creatures had claimed to have dealt with earlier. And Vault would hopefully be gone…

The eyes remained the same. Balthier’s words broke back into his auds. He cocked his brow at the claim of ‘disclosed’ information. Evon certainly had a history, and she was secretive. He hardly knew what this ‘special’ whelp entailed, but…it seemed some level of trust had been formed with the white witch. Loyalty was easy enough to give, and he could be flexible for the right reasons. “I guess you two have had you’re struggles?” was how his dark tone responded. Now he was doing the small talk thing. No sooner had he released his lyrics then another sound traveled to his auds. Ears perked, his head swiveled to it. A faint call, just barely a whisper that echoed and deflected against the air, telling him to return. But, it seemed Balthier might have something worth sharing. For the first time, he turned fully towards the alpha, legs still anchored, as he intended on staying for the moment…

…or doing something a little more meaningful. If something would unfold without opportunity to leave, at least some statement would have been made. There were interesting possibilities. Was it unfair to retaliate like this? Hell yes. Did he care?...Perhaps. He may never have this chance again, one-on-one. But, no matter,…there were problems with the logic behind the thoughts. In finding the child, they had just entered the passageway that could provide what they wished. He was not sure what other options they had to accomplish this. He didn’t want to be the one responsible for slamming that gateway shut. He was outnumbered. He would probably die for nothing. He—DO IT—needed—DO IT—to do what—DO IT!—was appropriate—DO IT!—for—DO IT!—the situation.

The eyes remained the same.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 12:29 pm

Games. They were all just playing games, because that's all they knew how to do at this point. Stall her until they could stall no longer, and then what? A fight? She had taken these wolves before, and she could take them again, with her packmates in tow. Corentine was still standing as a silent vigil at her side, just as she should be, unless instructed otherwise. She watched as Vault slunk away with Balthier, confident that the bru could take care of himself. Good. That would remove the leader from the head of the scene. He was annoying, and it was no wonder that these wolves had elected him as their Alpha. Yes, elected, because battling for dominance was too carnal, too dark for them. Sickening. None of them were even of royal blood to which the title belonged to. Regardless, Balthier, and from the look on the other wolves' faces, none of them believed her. How unsurprising. She could spill the details and regale them with the whole story, but they wouldn't listen. They didn't deserve to listen, especially since her own wolves had not heard why this child was so special. But they wouldn't have to see, for time would tell it itself.

The anger resonated through the pack, she could see it; Zelda's cold glare, Link's furious snarl, and Cinder's stubborn defiance. "It's funny how you all want me dead," she chuckled, knowing that she was only adding fuel to the fire. But if they made the first move to attack, they would be in the wrong. "I'm being diplomatic. I don't care about you, or what you do." How she reveled in poking at them. It was a tactic that had always gotten beneath skins, especially Moonlight, their deceased leader of long ago. It brought a ghost of a smile to her black lips. She wanted to say more, ask how they have been, what beasts ravaged their lands and killed their whelps, when a voice downwind made itself known.

Evon turned and listened to her words. Then, a very pleased grin spread on her ivory features. "Yes, everything is all right," she replied, also pleased that at least someone here had formality. "I am Evanescence von Lacrimosa. Me and my packmates here were just making our leave." She looked to where Vault was headed with Balthier, and just before they were too out of earshot, she barked, beckoning him. Whether the rest of the wolves realized it or not, they had a heading now. She stood up straight and tall, prepared to leave, more than likely to the confusion of the rest of them. Good. This path that laid itself out now was much more clever; almost too clever to be created by the wolves before her. Suspicious, but not impossible. At the same time, it was all too perfect, the way that things had revealed themselves.

Cerulean gaze lingered on Eris, curious of where this fem's loyalties lay, but she did not speak of that. She didn't care what news she had, for she had her own business to attend. "Perhaps we will cross paths again," Evon said to her in a clippered voice, one that dangled in the air, almost as an offer or invitation would. But was it what it cloaked itself to be? If Eris truly wanted to know, she would have to make that journey herself. She left it at that, turning to Corentine. "Vault will catch up. Come," she said, having no doubt that the brute would follow. And if he didn't, he could take care of himself. Vault came from a darkness inborn. He had his own vengeances, his own vices, that he could unleash at any moment. That, and there was more he needed to do in these lands... 'Tend their gardens', if he would. Evon smirked as she headed back the way they had came, Corentine alongside her. The terrain in these parts could use some landscaping.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:26 am

Link's body stood firm at the forefront of the females. His forest green eyes never leaving Evon's ivory form. Compared to her the others she was with were nothing. He desired her lifeblood for vengeance of her personal attack and her betrayal, however he could not be so selfish and put the rest of the pack in danger. His aud flicked back when Cinder spoke of how the child was dead but did not betray emotion otherwise. It would be safer for the pup if Evon thought her dead. At her comment to his mate about caring for whelps a guttural snarl rang forth and surely it made him look all the fiercer, the cruel sound rumbling from his chest. The words she spoke made no sense, no wolf was immortal, of course the she pup could die. Though she was awfully sure of herself and saw through the lie but the pack was not like to give up the deceit. The thought of Evon saving anyone from any such evil almost made him laugh but this was too somber a situation. He was almost surprised when Balthier acquiesced to showing them the remains of the wolves. He felt a growl of disapproval rumbling in his chest, he was not comfortable leaving his packmate with one of them. He tracked their path into the woods trusting in Balthier to handle himself. If they were not back in few degrees of the sun then he would make haste to search him out. For now the Midnight wolves would stand opposite these intruders in a tension charged atmosphere. Zelda's lips were peeled back in a constant state of aggression and disgust but she moved to Cinder's side touching the fem on the neck for comfort. "Do not allow this filth to upset you dear one, on Fenrir's name do not."

And what was this? Another wolf sauntered out from the trees, a gray she wolf whose pace was picking up towards them, another of Evons wolf surely? His anger flared, how many of these wolves did she have in their packland? Was Balthier heading to an ambush even now?

Eyes of green lighter than those of the brute who watched her advance had been peering at the procession through the trees. What was the fem searching for in these lands? She was too cursed far away to hear but it had surprised her when there was no attack, a lot of posturing and snarling yes but no battle. And where were those two brutes headed off into the treeline? A smile played at the corner of her mouth, ah well there was nothing but to get closer now. Gray bodice slunk off into the open field coming from behind the aggressor and her entourage. Her padfalls were sure and her heart lighter than those of Midnight. Surely at least one would recognize her, though perhaps none of Evons party. She could tell by the look on Link's face as she drew closer there was something of recognition because the look of hostility was mostly gone, replaced by something more guarded. 

Making a wider arc so not as to come up directly behind Evon she called out her greeting from some yards away. " Lo' brothers and sisters, forgive my intrusion for I have just arrived with some news." She stood somewhat between the two parties yet closer to the Midnight wolves. Eyes lingered on Evon's cruel face, and all she could think of a face that was crueler still than this white lady. "Is everything alright here?" She glanced towards the Midnight wolves and any fool could see the aggression emanating from both parties. A toothy grin flashed on her muzzle despite this. "In the chaos of recent months you may not entirely remember me but I was here with the Jabbar wolves and with Jabbar news I come." Her eyes slowly slid back to Evon in almost a sly way before speaking. "Even now four of my packmates are coming along to speak tidings and talk about our alliance, though it seems you have some unsavory company." Now looking full in Evon's icy blue eyes with her own seemingly clueless ones she frowned. "May I have the pleasure of your name fem? I am called Eris, an envoy of Jabbr if you will." Her gaze held steady and somewhere above a silver winged falcon circled the sky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:
Page 2 of 35Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next