Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd

Go down 
+12
puppylove90766
Ruffian
Moohn
Shadowed
akkanatrum
_Sensable_
WarriorWolf
Silent
FoSsY
__silvers__
(.kippy.)
EDITOR
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowed

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2009-01-10

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 2:56 am

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Rawbones

As was typical of his nature, Rawbones had been meandering about by himself, condemning himself to solitude and fasting without a care. His old bones poked through his pelt, yet as usual he had no desire to satisfy his appetite. He spent his days closeby the long-ago Alphaess' den, near to the dark, secluded lake. Most of the time he was dozed off, staring out over the black waters of Onyx Lake, daydreaming of the days of old, when he was young and spry, and things had looked promising for him. He'd had a mate, friends, important duties... These days all he had were the memories, or at least he found it difficult to commit to the opportunities that were before him. If anyone had passed by the area, he was oblivious to it, his hazened silver eyes staring listlessly off into the distance.

His tightly tucked stomach growled painfully for a few agonizing moments. The old man grumbled disdainfully. He would undoubtedly need to seek out the pack again if he were to go on living for a while longer. It was not that he disliked them, no, it was quite the opposite - he cared for each of them, and wished to be near them. He just had trouble removing himself from the past and everything that he'd once had. He longed for it too much to live in the present as he should. Rising from the place he laid on the ground, he felt his joints creak. He stretched his limbs, groaning as he felt the tension in his legs - it felt as though his tendons would snap at any moment, but when he returned to his normal stance they felt loose and relaxed. He shook his body, then wandered over to the water's edge. Suddenly, he noticed a fresh scent. Somebody had tread here quite recently. He quirked a brow and glanced around; it seemed they had gone soon after visiting the lake. Shrugging, he dipped his forepaws into the water, lowering his neck so he could hydrate himself.

When he lifted his head, he felt somewhat more invigorated. His body had long been in a survival mode, but only now that he had risen and sipped the life-giving fluids did he feel the need to nourish himself. Tail lifting, he turned and headed toward where he knew the pack would be, or at least, he assumed they were still there. Though the landscape had changed since the fire, he still knew his way and padded through the woods effortlessly; he could almost close his eyes and wander with a clear direction. He allowed his eyes to blink softly and nearly close, and let his nose guide him now. Familiar scents flooded his nares, and he was rather relieved. Then guilt washed over him... how could he be apart from his pack for so long, just laying there like a sack of bones? For all he knew, they could have been raided and murdered by some new threat, and he wouldn't have known about it.

He hurried his pace as best as he could without his legs buckling under him. Now he longed for the pack's company. On the way he saw Gladiator's massive form. Rawbones sighed - the brute looked just as miserable as himself. He must at times also resent how things had turned out. The elder could relate to the old General of Hell's Army. They had both been through much with this pack, and though they had gained along the way, they had also both lost substantially. Rawbones nodded his head to the brute as he passed by, though a certain tension in the other male's body told that he might be ready to turn back and finish a conflict. Moving on, he came upon more familiar scents. Akiko's scent reached him, as well as young Damean's, though tension held thick in the air around them as well. He had no idea what had happened here, but he was just glad to know that the wolves of his pack were well.

Glancing around, he wondered about the other scents that came to his nares. He noticed Zai's, a bru he wasn't too familiar with, but seemed to have been around for some time. The same scent he had noticed at the lake. Another scent took him by surpride. Exodus. Had she returned to this pack? The scent did not seem faint, which meant she had been around for some time, she was not just visiting. Rawbones wandered from where he had paused, wondering what he should do. Perhaps he should just go about his own business and try to find a quick and easy meal. He knew he would likely waste more energy finding food than what he would gain from it, but he also knew his body craved nourishment. Huffing, he continued wandering slowly, letting his nose guide him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bravequestk9.com
Moohn

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:58 am

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Trista11
It had been years since Tristan had wandered this way. Never dared to set foot anywhere near it for fear of a flood of memories. Yet here he stood, far past the border and deep into the heart of Jabbar. He had taken in the scorched forest with his good eye. He hadn't been here since before the fire had consumed everything. Vaguely familiar scents lingered here, though the names to go with them he could not recall, save for that of Damean Jager, and even that was nigh undetectable to his greying nose. The ash and dirt shifted beneath his pads, as he paused to rest his joints and take stock of his surroundings. He also needed to regather his thoughts, convince himself that he was actually here, and that he planned to stay.... So long as they didn't tear him apart.

He felt the hesitant swish of a tassel against his own and glanced to see his son just beside him. The boy was growing up quickly. He had caught up to his old man in height and was just starting to show some good sinew, but it was still unclear whether he would fill out or inherit his mother's slender frame. He had yet to grow into his paws, though. He had his mother's eyes, a golden honey, and his uncle's pelt, the brown and black mottled along his whole body. Tristan wondered where the lad would go in the months to come. He hadn't yet developed the bitter personality of his father, but wasn't much of a firecracker in the way of happiness, either. But he had a warm heart. He was still growing into himself, and it was all Tristan could do to let him figure things out. He wouldn't raise him in the same way he had been. Look how that worked out.

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Conall10
Conall stood obediently by his father, not a word uttered from his lips. He hadn't the slightest idea where they were aside from the name of the place. It wasn't exactly homey, but then again he had yet to see the rest of the territory. It was nice to get inside one of the territories as opposed to wandering the outskirts of FNI for days on end. He took the air in gently, letting it stir in his nares, just to get a feel for it. His father had said the land belonged to a dark pack. Funny, it didn't feel anything like what he had expected. It was morose, to say the least, but there was a hint of character in it that he was sure would show itself once it came time to meet its residents.

A tension hung in the air, though there wasn't anyone immediately close. Or so he thought. He passed a glance to Tristan and saw that his hackles had sprung straight up. "Dad?" he prodded calmly, knowing the mood swing he could invoke were he not to careful. A low rumble from his father's chest and he simply pinned his ears back. No time to ask questions. Following his father's gaze, he could make out the form of another, traveling. As soon as he cocked his head in the slightest curiosity, they were off at a brisk trot. Well, as briskly as the three legs on his elder could take them.

"Stay behind me," Tristan ordered quietly. A disturbingly familiar odor had stung his nose and all those memories he feared immediately came flooding to his mind with one simple trigger. Obviously, there was no other option but to follow the scent of the recent passerby. He had to be crazy, to think this old rival was still alive after all this time. But the scent was unmistakable. He wouldn't forget it even after years of repression. He circled around where the bru had gone, avoiding the pack for now, and ignoring his son's confused glances between him and the mainland. That which he pursued was old. Older than he was. And it didn't take long to find himself catching up rather quickly. The closer he got, the more vivid the memories became, the more the countless scars from that day began to throb beneath his pelt, the more he became aware of the space where an eye used to be.

Rawbones was still here. He was still alive. And Tristan had to see him. He intended for no confrontation, just needed to see the old brute, face him at least. For what reason, he did not yet know. Perhaps it would get him and his son some complicated "in" into the pack. They were so incredibly close. What he wouldn't have given to dash the last fifty yards and just clip the hessian in surprise. But instead they gained quickly and remained silent. "Do not speak," he ordered, glancing back just in time to catch a nod from Conall. He would explain in time. Wasting no more time, he sent a bark out to the elderly bru just a few bounds ahead of them, not knowing what his plan was or what to expect.
Back to top Go down
http://asediado.tumblr.com
Shadowed

Shadowed

Pawprints : 1290

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:53 am

His wanderings brought the old man no closer to decisive action. The scent of prey was distant; he was about to seek after it when another, more pressing scent caught his attention. An intruder... but this was not just anyone. Vicious memories filled his mind, and a tingle ran up along his spine, causing his hackles to raise. What was that wolf doing here? He must be here to finish me off, the old brute thought. As he thought about what he should do, Rawbones was suddenly caught off-guard by the sound of pawsteps rushing toward him. His hearing was not what it had been, and he hadn't noticed Tristan's approach until he was right up behind him. The bark startled him, and he whirled around, facing his rival with tail high and lips pursed, the edges of his dulled canines threatening.

For a few moments, Rawbones merely stared, silver orbs glancing the male over. He recognized every feature, but his gaze was drawn to the brute's face. He looked upon the empty socket, and a malicious grin replaced his threatening expression. He remembered the events that had led up to that fight, which had cost Tristan dearly. The brute had suffered greatly that day, in more ways than one. But Rawbones would not sympathize with an enemy - he had heart for his comrades, but it would do him no good to feel for his opponents.

Tassel flicked, and still standing his ground, Rawbones uttered the phrase, "Long time, no see." He let forth a low, gruff chuckle. He knew he was just an old-timer now, and with a body so malnourished, he would not stand a chance against two younger hellions. Though nervousness held his belly tight, he would not show it outwardly. His stance was proud, as always, and he refused to allow his gaze to shift. He would not let an old rival intimidate him, catching him alone at a time like this.

"Well, speak up brute," he rumbled, nails digging into the ground, readying himself should he need to defend, "What is your purpose here? Come to finish off an old man before his time?" With his glare fixed on Tristan, Rawbones tensed, expecting the worst, ready for the bloodshed he was sure would ensue. What other reason would such a wolf enter enemy territory, targetting his opponent while he was separate from the pack?
Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

Pawprints : 817

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 12:58 pm

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Trista12

Tristan hadn't expected any less from Rawbones. He left a good body's length between himself and the old-timer, just for safety's sake, but made no aggressive move toward him. His body held stiff, hackles only slightly raised, he assumed no submissive position, but made it clear that he intended no challenge. He returned the gaze equally, save for a brief second when he turned to hush a snarl from the boy behind him. "Hold your tongue, Conall!" Immediately there was silence. 'Long time no see.' The crippled bru did not so much as chuckle at the remark. "Indeed," he grumbled in return. He knew the old brute was soaking up his injuries, perhaps even reveling in the memories of tearing out his eye. He could have made any move to attack then and there, to get his long deserved revenge. The thought even crossed his mind for a moment. But he would do no such thing. Tristan relaxed his initial stance standing plainly before his enemy, and spoke as he was bidden.

"I don't come here to quarrel with you, Rawbones. Truth be told I hadn't even expected to see you here alive. In the time since our last pleasant encounter I've put many things behind me. Simply put, my alliances have changed. The Pearl is no longer home, Hamara is overrun with dogs, and Muerta holds no shine for me. I'm swallowing my pride and coming to Jabbar to seek residence." He huffed, leaving space enough for a pause. Any other would have looked to the ground at this point but he held his stare resolutely. "Had I wanted to finish you off, I would have done it in years passed, when I had four good legs to stand on and more years ahead of me. I come here to finish out my days and give my son a pack to call home with a decent amount of respectability behind its name."

He had swallowed his pride indeed. In his younger years he would have never imagined presenting such a speech to an opponent such as this. He awaited judgement and Rawbones' next move, if he had one.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Rawbones watched the male carefully, the tension between them building quickly as they locked eyes. It was interrupted only for a short moment when Tristan turned to hush the much younger male standing next to him. Their fixed stare continued, and Rawbones could see the brute contemplating his next move. The elder was certain that within moments there would be bloodshed, but a sudden shift in the other's stance showed his true intentions. As words came from the brute's maw, Rawbones was intrigued, but still suspicious. He snorted indignantly at Tristan when the brute stated he hadn't thought the elder would still be around. I may be old, but I am not too fargone yet, he thought, grinding his teeth. Another undignified huff escaped the old brute when the outsider said he would've finished off Rawbones years before if he had meant to. Your only chance is now, the proud old man thought, Now that I am old and withering.

Though he wasn't ready to let his guard down yet, Tristan's words seemed genuine, even if his choice of alliance and pack were questionable. "I don't know if your choice is brave or just foolish.." he muttered, his tone low, "But you can't go wrong if you've commited yourself to Jabbar." Giving himself a thorough shake-off, Rawbones looked at the two males, wondering what he should do about them. It wouldn't be his decision whether or not they stayed, though he was not sure what he would decide if it were left up to him. Such a thing had never occured in his lifetime, and he had never given it thought. He wasn't one to forgive enemies or invite in those of different alliances, but much had changed in this pack. Maybe Tristan and his son had something to offer, something that they shouldn't pass off to some other pack.

"Don't make yourselves at home just yet," he said sternly, glancing them both over, "It is not everyday a former enemy comes looking to move in. You will most likely be tested for your strengths and loyalty." Rawbones then narrowed his eyes, wondering if there was some deeper intention. Out of all of the wolves that could seek refuge within Jabbar, why Tristan? It didn't make sense to him, but he would merely leave it at that. He didn't trust the bru yet, and he wasn't sure that he ever would, considering their history. Rawbones glanced toward the younger male. It was possible he'd been raised as an avenger, but maybe that was not the case. It was impossible to know. He would leave it to the rest of the pack to determine the fate of these two..

Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 1:01 am

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Trista13

"We've no intention to assume residence until we're sure that the rest of your pack doesn't have any intention of taking another swipe at my hide." Tristan assured the elder. He knew this was no time to burden the hellion with the story of his days after their confrontation, but perhaps in time he would be able to unravel his reasons aloud for setting foot back in this place. He had a feeling Rawbones might one day become curious, should they ever stand on level ground with one another. "I know this is not a foolish decision on my part. My years have been spent thinking. Let's just say I've come to see things through different eyes," he offered, vaguely aware of his own pun.

At this point he hesitated, unsure of whether they were to take themselves to the pack or if their acquaintance had any intention of leading them to it. Either would have been fine by him. But the thought of it suddenly recalled a question he felt pressed to ask. "The scents here have changed since my last visit. Damean Jager is dead, then?" Something told him it was not an easy question to answer. From what he had gathered in the first place, Rawbones was very tied to his king. As he awaited response, he was silently grateful that Conall made no move to speak. He would be able to say his piece in time, but it was lucky that he knew when to be patient and hold his tongue.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:16 pm

OOC: Moving things along and putting Exodus to sleep for a while. I want to keep playing Echo, but not be held up by Kippy's absence.

A look of concern crossed Exodus' features, but she silently nodded and went into the den, Echo following behind her. She laid down at the back and Echo pulled herself into a tight little ball, her white fur stark against her adoptive mother's peppery coat. She shivered, though the nights were becoming warmer with each passing day. But she did not shiver because she was cold, but because there was that... feeling again... She buried herself into Exodus, seeming much younger than she really was, or maybe she was younger than she thought. Exodus and everyone else called her "mature" for her age, afterall... Whatever that meant. Of what she could tell, things would be happening not only to her, but to the others around her some day. When, she didn't know. And what about... She didn't know either. But she closed her eyes, thinking of the future adventures she could have with Damean, running through Jabbar's dark woods and discovering the lost treasures meats of wolves from decades ago...

Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 1:42 am

Rawbones smirked as Tristan said he wouldn't be making this his home until he was sure the pack wouldn't take a chunk out of him. This was interesting... very interesting. At one time they would have been reaching for the other's throat, teeth exposed and ready to slash. Yet, now they stood within feet of each other, unprovoked. It was possible that they might live amongst one another, fighting for the same cause now. The elder flicked his scraggly tail, tilting his head to catch the male's words. Rawbones could not imagine what amount of thinking it must take to forget or let go of such powerful past events, to want to join the enemy whom had caused so much suffering. Had he known what wolf had taken his loved ones, Rawbones would never let it go. Unfortunately, he knew, nobody had taken them... they had left him behind with no intention of returning. There would be no revenge.

He shook his head before he could begin to space out. Only seconds longer and he would have been lost in his memories. He didn't have the time to succumb to such a spell. He would surely die if he allowed himself to stay stuck in that mindframe. His body was already frail and showing major signs of mistreatment and neglect. His eyes were drawn back to Tristan, the intensity of his gaze returning when Damean Jager was mentioned. His hackles rose defensively; how he hated to hear someone so unworthy speak of his past King's death, with such a casual, ignorant tone... A low growl rumbled from within his chest. Then he raised his head proudly, when it struck him that it was not true that Damean was gone; not entirely. "That is not so," Rawbones stated firmly, "Damean's spirit and dream will never leave this place. And he is reborn - he walks amongst us in the flesh." He refused to delve deeper than that. He did not need to reveal every detail to a wolf who was still on the outside, not with the pack. Perhaps it was time that these two outsiders met with the pack, though.

"There is no use in us standing about, chit-chatting like whelps and females," he rumbled gruffly. Taking several paces from Tristan and his son, Rawbones tilted his head back and howled. He knew he would be interrupting the slumber of some, but there was no sense allowing two wolves to wander about aimlessly until everyone had slept through the night. It could be a danger to any of them. Who knew what their intentions really were? Rawbones' senses were not nearly as keen as they'd once been, and he wouldn't know if he was surrounded by assassins right now. Once he had finished his song, he sighed, lowering himself slightly. He could not keep up the bravado, not for now. He needed to fill his belly. "The pack will know something is up," he said to Tristan, hardly giving him a glance this time, "I have something to attend to. If anybody finds you, let them know I've already spoken to you. If I haven't tried to rip your pelt off, I couldn't see why they should want to."

With that, the elder wandered off, meandering at a weakened pace. He was used to a determined trot, but he could not afford to spend the energy now. He just needed to let his nose find something, and use as little effort as possible to make a meal.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:07 am

There was no way for him to be sleeping at this time. While basking in the darkness watching the rising moon reflect off the water's surface, he heard a howl, alerting the pack, but not necessarily calling Akiko. She'd probably be putting Damean down to sleep, anyways. The younger ones do need to sleep, even if they were to grow up to fit the role as alpha.

Blade stood up, shaking the dirt off his pelt. Apparently, he'd come in a different direction Rawbones had left, leaving himself facing the side of a familiar profile accompanied by a whelp. He stood, a non-threatening distance away, calmly watching, knowing that he'd be noticed. He didn't quite remember him well, probably because the bru hadn't been worth observing. If Rawbones had allowed this one to stand here in tact, then he'd already been questioned and hadn't been rejected. He spared a glance at Cornall before turning his attention to Tristan. Currently, he was more worried about the younger of the two. Damean already had his rambunctious moments, despite his being quite mature most of the time. If this one was one of the bubbly sort, his head will ache for many moons until the kid grew up, were they to stay here.
Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 3:37 am

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Trista14

Tristan's interest was piqued by Rawbones' words. Damean lived on? Surely the bru had to mean something symbolic. He felt a tinge of regret in the way he had addressed the matter. He had never meant to offend. Perhaps later he would offer his apologies. But for the sake of courtesy. He doubted Rawbones would take it. He huffed after the bru left them alone with a howl. How like the hellion to leave him and his son at the mercy of the pack. It was just as well, he expected no less. The situation made him tense, and after a few moments of testing the air and regaining his bearings, he began to make the next tentative steps forward, on high alert.

It seemed, however, that this high alert was no match for that of his son's, for the youngster's growl sounded low and strained behind him. He paused, looked to his left. There stood another hessian, younger and much stronger than he. He didn't relax much, but just as with the former acquaintance, he made neither show nor move to attack, though he did have to hush Conall again. "I don't think they mean to threaten us, son," he reassured the boy, "Though that doesn't mean to come off your guard. I cannot speak for all of them." The bru standing there seemed vaguely familiar. Tristan tried to asses him as they approached. He was certain this one had been a part of the pack the day of the attack, though whether he had taken a bite out of him was unclear. He stopped at a respectful distance from the delta, dipping his head in a nod. "No doubt you've come because of Rawbones. Tristan, formerly of the Pearl. I am looking to make a home of Jabbar with my son, if the pack will have us." He gave no more word than that, leaving the rest to Blade and his reasons for showing up. Perhaps mention of his former home and his scarred face would spark a reminder in the bru's mind, had he been around for the incident those years ago. If not, then it would come to no more than a bit of trivia.

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Conall11

The boy was used to being silent. He didn't speak much, had no problem with obedience, and though the new situation he and his father found themselves in had him anxious and full of questions, he know the time for it would come, and was perfectly capable of holding his tongue until then. He wasn't so sure how he felt about living with a dark pack. He had heard tales, but then again, he had also heard tell of the sense this pack in particular had compared to others. Tristan had made sure to warn him about the insanity of the one called Rawbones, though this encounter was making him have some doubts. Then again, it had been quite a while. Perhaps the crazy had been replaced by an irritable streak in old age. He seemed like an interesting character nonetheless. Perhaps if he wasn't too curious or irritating he could get to know the old man before he ran out of time. Conall was sentimental that way.

Now this new drake was a new thing to face. he was entirely unsure of this one, though he seemed calm. He wasn't one to trust right away, so he was wary of the possibility of any hidden volatility in Blade. A bru older than he, younger than his father, and clearly stronger than either of them, he kept himself grounded and prepared for anything he could do, should the need arise. His father introduced them, and he felt brave enough to offer just "Conall," to make his presence just a bit more... existent. Lucky for Blade, the young male would provide a foil to young Damean's energy and curiosity, should they survive acceptance. As alright as this place seemed, something else was making the hairs on the back of his neck rise. Someone else was watching them and he just knew it. The presence was cool, eerie... He hid a shudder and allowed himself one brief glance around. A murder of crows flew low overhead and suddenly he felt as though he would be their dinner if he wasn't careful. The sooner they could be among the others, the better. He didn't like this one bit.

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 55328410

Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:53 pm

He couldn't help but let out of sharp exhale of annoyance, seeing the unnecessary reactions of the pair, then watched Tristan come closer. He started to remember a little better, but only by sight. He hadn't spoken much back then, at all, and only to a few. Everything else was forgotten, although he was pretty sure he hadn't a major part in Tristan's leaving. An amused eye lingered on Conall's introduction, observing just enough to know the kid was much more wary than Blade himself.

"Blade. If Rawbones didn't scare you off, I'm not going to. I'll make sure Akiko finds you in tact unless you try anything to the pack. You can't be an enemy of mine if I barely remember you, and I need reasons to make enemies, unlike members of Akira's."

He sat down, sure they wouldn't start a problem. He sat down, appearing relaxed. It probably would be clear to them he wasn't much of a talker, although Blade would, depending on the conversation, respond to questions and some comments. They were... an interesting pair at the moment.

Last edited by akkanatrum on Tue May 15, 2012 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 2:14 am

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Petra

Petra had just returned to her den after a long mission to find all the ingredients she needed to take care of the pack. She had several bundles of different plants and herbs wrapped in ferns. It had taken her a long time to travel and find everything that she needed, and to dry it out before wrapping it so it didn't go bad. Inevitably, she had gotten lost once outside the lands of Jabbar in search of things that were not generally found here. However, there were some landmarks that she remembered from her excursion to Midnight Meadows. She had been tempted to stop by, but she knew it was more important to get back to Jabbar, to put her things in safe keeping and see her loved ones again.

Not long after organizing her ingredients, she heard an alert call for the pack, a familiar old voice. Rawbones had been with this pack since before she'd been born. Lifting her tail over her back, the hybrid moved out at a steady trot, wondering what was new. It was not long before Blade's familiar scent entered her nares, and she cotinued onward with vigor. Leafy green pools sparkled as she spotted him, though she felt slightly wary when she saw the two males near him. She came to his side and brushed against him, glad to be close to him again. She glanced upon Tristan and Conall briefly, though she thought she recognized the older male. She knew she had seen him around before, here in these lands. What would he be doing here?

Silence surrounded them, as it seemed introductions had been made. She knew Blade was always quiet, and it wasn't likely that he would drill them as other, more vocal pack members would. He would make small talk, all the while observing them subjectively, coming to some very accurate conclusions about who they were, without really knowing them. Petra herself was very shy, and wary of outsiders, but not confident enough to confront them. She merely glanced over at them, softly offering her name, "I'm Petra." She then looked to her love, wondering what he'd discovered from them so far. "What do they want?" she whispered, curious but not trusting of the males in their presence.

Rawbones meandered throughout the terra, huffing with the effort. He needed to find something soon... and it was not long before his nose twitched instinctively, taking in the scent of deer. Saliva dripped from his jaws, and he suddenly felt sharp, his senses filling with his environment. His claws dug into the ground as he took off after the smell, hunger driving him with a fury. He would not miss this opportunity. He needed the strength and the satisfaction of a full belly. Before he knew it, the creature was within range where he could see it. He froze, watching for a moment, his mind working out a strategy. The woods would assist him in his hunt. He knew the layout of the lands very well, even though the appearance had changed drastically from the fire.

The old, hungry wolf rustled the brush very lightly, then took off on light paws, circling around the other side of the deer. It was on high alert for something in the area, but it did not know the location of the wolf. It moved away from the area where it had heard a distinct noise, and Rawbones positioned himself closer, inching his way to where the deer was leaning. He crouched low, waiting, knowing he would not outrun this creature in a pursuit, not at his age and in his condition. Patience and silence were key. He was not thinking, he was just waiting, ready to react when the time was right. At last, the creature let its guard down, and moved to graze from the brush close to Rawbones.

He lunged out, his hind legs lending him the strength he needed for a full, frontal assault. Wide open jaws grabbed onto the front of the deer's face, preventing its escape. He dragged the animal's head downward, clutching hard with dulled teeth. He twisted, angling so that he could use a forepaw to hold the animal's neck, forcing it onto the ground. He held tight, waiting until the creature was tired, moving his jaws little by little down the face, nearing the edge of its skull. It took all the strength he had to hold the panicked animal down, waiting it out. He was more desperate than the deer, more determined. He placed his body over the deer's body, still hanging on tight to its skull. As he held it down with his body, he quickly shifted his jaws to the jugular and bit down. The struggling creature worsened its wounds, and the blood flowed fast. Several minutes passed and the deer grew weak, and at last it was over.

Rawbones wasted no time in gorging himself. He ripped open the abdomen and indulged in all of the succulent organs, spending no time to savour any of it. He tore into his favourite cuts of meat, swallowing huge chunks of flesh until he was bloated. And then he settled on the ground, lying on his side. He groaned as his belly churned, trying to take in all he had provided. He knew it would be a while before his stomach settled, but it would be worth it. Soon his eyelids went heavy, and he intended to sleep it all off. Carelessly, he allowed hismelf to drift to sleep out in the open.
Back to top Go down
Ruffian

Ruffian

Number of posts : 265
Pawprints : 538
Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 12:34 pm

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 770873543_950523
Kali
The distance between her and the territory of the Jabbar Junayd was not far. About a mile. The she-wolf looked down off a hill she stood her long legs on. The pack she has seeked for was not a great distance way. Kali looked up at the sky then at the territory. It was her destiny to live here. Her heart was half dark. The other was half pure. She was like an anti-hero. Sometimes she was good, sometimes she was bad.

Kail raced down the hill, thinking of the rank she wanted. She couldn't decide. Assasin? Spy? Warrior? Messager? She couldn't decide between the four of the ranks, if they were a choice. The rank that she decided on was spy. She hoped that it would be her rank, not a lousey one like omega. But if she was, she would spar to show her courage and strongness. That would maybe boost her up a rank or two. But it would be decided soon.

The she-wolf reached the territory sooner than she figured she would. She stopped suddenly as some dirt rose to the air because of it. Standing tall and showing that she was a tomboy with her pelt dirtier than the ground, she howled for a scout or an acceptance from the alpha to step forward. Kali looked in the distance as she waited to see a figure in the dusty air from the dirt. She still showed her tomboy look.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:11 pm

OOC: Moving things along and putting Exodus to sleep for a while. I want to keep playing Echo, but not be held up by Kippy's absence.

A long, loud howl woke her from her slumber. Echo raised her head, ears alert, her heart pounding in her chest, though she was not sure why. Exodus was still fast asleep, curled around her and protecting her from harm. She wasn't in danger. Echo sighed and laid her head down on her paws, trying to drift off again, but voices from the outside piqued her curiosity. She stood, knowing that she would still be tired later on in the day, and headed for the mouth of the den. The night had lifted and the sky was grey with dawn, an overcast day ahead of them. She yawned, treading over to the stream and taking a much-needed drink, and then stepped in to wash her dirty pelt. Though spring dotted the landscape, the water was cold, so cold that she did not stay in the water for more than a couple of minutes.

Damean nor Akiko were up yet. Echo hoped that she had not gotten the young king into too much trouble... For it had been her idea to go on an adventure, afterall. She did not wander far from Exodus' den, but the flight of a murder of crows caught her attention. She watched the black angels vanish into the trees across the stream, croaking like frogs do when they are in danger. She looked to where they had come from and spotted a white bru with a crazed smile on his maw, joker-like. A chill shivered up her spine. He didn't notice her, or at least didn't lead on to notice her, and she quickly turned away, but found herself looking back at him again. He was one of the wolves she hadn't seen yet, and she had feeling that there were others on their way. Her brow furrowed in determination. If Jabbar was her true home, then there was no reason to be afraid of anyone around her. She chiseled this into her mind as she turned to walk along the edge of the stream, her small stomach hungry for some breakfast.

Back to top Go down
WarriorWolf

WarriorWolf

Number of posts : 355
Pawprints : 649
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:44 am

The pitch bruja rose from the terra, he had only rested briefly from his previous adventure, and now there seemed a new one. The whelps had kept his playfulness full, but since their return the dullness sank in again. It wasn't healthy for him to be out of commission for too long, and the sound of a new wolf reached his auds from the border. Playing with a newbie would be fun surely, and from the sounds of things the call belonged to a fae, all the more reason to venture out. Zaiaku moved swiftly, slipping back into the foliage towards the border once more. He had only recently remarked the land, and had finally learned enough of the land to make the trip quick. The natural sleuth danced among the darkness as he came upon the fae, remaining just out of sight to get a good feel of the other first. It was an interesting sight, the fae looked filthy, had she purposely rolled around in dirt?

The joker smirked, and moved around slightly, keeping his paw steps light to not disturb the twigs beneath him. Zai stepped forward after moments of deliberation, allowing the fem to wonder if anyone would show themselves to her. "My dear, you're not going to get any suitors looking like that." His crania hung low, as though he were beginning to crouch. "Fortunately, I have an eye for any woman that walks my way." A smirk danced across his kissers, and he moved forward even more. "Perhaps a bathe in Onyx Lake? Then we could find a quiet little spot for ourselves?" It was a rouse, and the actor sold it with his heart. Certainly the response wasn't going to be pretty, but then it would be to pleasant of a surprise for the bruja to get a yes. Zaiaku lifted himself taller, only slightly so that his cerulean hues were level. A part of him felt giddy for the fae's response, like a whelp given the chance to run freely, a smirk was all that betrayed his excitement.
Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 3:01 am

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Trista15

Tristan was glad to see this bru had no intention of antagonizing them further. Though he knew they weren't in the clear yet, the possibility that they would literally have to fight their way into this pack was seeming like less and less of a possibility. His countenance quickly took on a more friendly hue, and he offered a chuckle when Blade introduced himself and offered to keep them in one piece for Akiko. Oh Akiko... surely she had been against him last they met. Yes... the little white demon. Much too fast for him. There were certainly a few scars beneath his fur for him to remember her by. "Your offer is much obliged, Blade. We won't be trying anything, on my honor. We're just looking to settle in with the pack and find the leader to gain entrance. Which by what you've said I gather is Akiko for now."

Another, a femme came to join them, and he offered his name in return for hers, and his son did the same. The both of them sat back patiently, but not before Tristan sent a light kick to Conall's front pillars. He had noted the young bru's defensive reaction when Petra whispered to Blade. They had been kind so far and as far as he was concerned, her concerns were none of their business, insofar as they didn't put them in danger.

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Crowbl10

The ghostly hessian emerged from his hiding place. He had yet to renew companionship with a single bird, but he was sure the day would come. For now, the murders flew ahead of him, strangely appropriate. It seemed they were still taking stock of him yet. Though one of their kind had befriended him, these fellows in particular seemed to take their time. For now, they would accompany him from a distance. Which soothed him for the time being.

He had taken good notice of the newcomer's son, his jumpy reactions to the crows, and knew the boy could sense him, so it was just the perfect cruel joke to pass them by. Neither smile nor nod was given, only a grim acknowledgement, a stare that he intended to seem as though it pierced young Conall's soul. And he had to suppress a chuckle at the response, the boy gulping and trying his best to stare him down without inciting a challenge. The elder bru that accompanied him was bidden to look his direction at the sudden jump of his son, and their eyes met next. This was no friendly encounter, and he could tell the stranger was wary of him. Well well, all the more to play with. They thought they belonged? He would teach them otherwise. He gave the two no evidence of the scornful humor that ran through his mind, just the cold, hard, dead stare. He was tempted to scoff, but no such thing would happen. Not until they were convinced he was a soulless bastard.

He gave the slightest of acknowledgments to Blade and Petra, and passed by, following the birds. On his walk with them, he noticed the young fae Echo along the same stream as he, though on the other side. He wasn't blind to her stares, nor anyone else's for that matter. But she was one of them, close to the young Damean and close to Exodus, and that was enough for him as far as he was concerned. Besides he had a soft spot for the young faes with tough hides, just like his ward, his young friend from days long passed had been. He smirked at her from across the flowing water, matching her steps. His heart had lightened in an instant, and the gold in his eyes was no longer cold but molten. He taunted her, not sure of the level of playfulness she carried with her, but intent to poke at her dignity ever so slightly. Feigning offense he said,
"I saw those looks you know. You're not... scared of me, are you?"
Back to top Go down
Ruffian

Ruffian

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:26 am

Kali
The she-wolf had not waited long before a male voice broke the long slience. Kali wasn't sure about where he was but somewhere he could see her. He said that she would need to clean herself. Usually she would say that she wasn't going to a fancy ball so why would she need to, but this time she said," Well, I guess I could clean myself. I haven't bathe in sometime." Kali looked down on her fur. It was pretty dirty. As she was looking, she heard the other statement from the bru. Even though it was her first day, she had a little bit of a crush on this wolf, but she would need to get to know him. She replied in a gentle, firm voice," Sure. I guess we could go somewhere. But what is your name? I'm Kali."

Then another bru had come up to her and told her his name. Also, so did another wolf that was near the first one who had gave his name. By that time, she knew she needed to introduce herself. "I'm Kali," she said in a slight quiet voice. Kali looked up at the sky before looking back at where the voice earlier. She would get to know the two other males later, after settling in, and getting her rank. Kali walked to the voice and walked to where she could see him. His pelt was a ebony. He was muscular. She waited on his responce as dawn started to come upon them.
(ooc: Kali is said like Callie. Only spelled a different way.)

Last edited by Ruffian-Wolf on Wed May 16, 2012 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:21 am

Blade nodded his head in confirmation of Tristan's observation. "The position will be claimed when the time is right. Until then, Akiko will fulfill her duties." A familiar presence suddenly caught his attention, but restrained from turning until she brushed against him. On instinct, he shifted slightly closer to Petra, taking in her scent. Smells of different lands and plants. So she'd been on her herb excursion this whole time. Questions and welcoming her back would have to wait just a bit. The newcomers unnerved her. He responded to her whispered questions just loud enough for Tristan and Conall to hear, having noticed the younger's suspicion, "Just looking for residence. They're fine."

A wolf walked past them, and Blade nodded his head towards Crow as he acknowledged them. Apparently, he was coping in some way and had found some crows to follow, or they were following him... although not yet as closely as the other one had been.

He turned his attention back to Tristan and said, "You'll probably obtain approval if she listens first. For whatever reasons you're back, Rawbones hadn't killed you for them. Why here, though?" His question merely held a tone of curiosity. He could understand the obvious reasons why Muerta wouldn't be considered, but there were infinite possibilities about the other packs. His gaze shifted to the side for a quick glance at Petra. Perhaps she'd feel a little more comfortable after this question was answered and she deemed it to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 7:52 pm

Petra nodded to both Tristan and then Conall as they gave their names, and she offered the tiniest of smiles. She wanted them to feel welcomed, but she knew this pack was not that way, and she shouldn't show friendliness too openly. And she knew better than to let her guard down. However, she felt comforted by Blade as he shifted into her and answered her question. Then he continued speaking with the newcomers, and she tilted her head, curious for the same reasons. Why would Tristan come upon enemy territory looking for a place to live? She knew she couldn't do it.. she would be watching over her shoulder constantly. But he must have his reasons, and she perked her ears to listen, glancing away from them only briefly when she felt Blade's gaze on her for a moment. Then her attention was fixed back on Tristan.

The elder was lucky to have drifted off and remained in a peaceful slumber, left undisturbed by his environment. His eyes burned as he opened them, and he yawned widely, stretching his limbs out straight. Though he felt like he could sleep for ages longer, he knew he had rested well, something he had needed badly. Groaning, he propped himself up on his elbow and then rose to his paws, giving himself a good shake. He felt energized, and he licked his chops as he looked to the deer carcass nearby. A few crows had gathered and were picking smartly at the other side of the body. They hardly shifted as Rawbones came over, though they kept a watchful eye on the wolf. He ripped a chunk of dried out flesh from the body, then felt a flash of irritation at the bravado of the crows. He finished the bite in his mouth, and with a thundrous growl, lunged at the birds. "Scram, you scavengers!" he snarled, his hackles prickling with annoyance as several of them took to the skies, but one merely fluttered back and landed again, challenging him with a racuous caw. Those birds were too clever for their own good.

He growled, deep from his chest, and narrowed his eyes as the crow stood up to him, and he wondered what had made it so brave in the face of a carnivore. Glancing upward, he could see the rest of them either circling on wing or perched in the trees, waiting for him to disperse. He looked back at the crow on the ground, snapped his jaws toward the creature, then turned around and resumed picking at the remaining bits of the deer carcass. It felt good to be well-fed, and it had been a while, so he took in as much as he could again. As he left the deer behind, that gutsy crow hopped forward again, picking fearlessly at the carnivore's kill. Rawbones snorted, then shrugged and left it behind. It was not long before a familiar scent entered his nares, and he saw the nearly pure white form of his pack mate. The distinct markings upon his face contrasted well with his snowy pelt. Rawbones grinned as he moved forward - that crow was probably one of his, or at least, it had learned to be around wolves without fear. He was glad he hadn't got a hold of it, and decided he'd leave the crows alone in these lands, unless they were asking for it..

He glanced upon the pup that Crow was engaging with, and it made him wonder where Damean was. Very likely he was tucked away in a den somewhere, with Akiko's ever-watchful eye on him. He wished to seek out the young King and his guardian, and he wondered about Exodus, too... He had known her since she was a whelp, yet he feared what her reaction would be when she saw him. He had killed the male she'd been with in Midnight.. Shaking his head, he trotted over to where Crow and the whelp were. He couldn't remember seeing her, and wondered where she came from. She didn't really resemble anybody here that he could think of. He looked to Crow, nodding his head to the bru, smirking at the look he was giving the she-pup. It looked like he was trying to creep her out, so he merely stood back silently, watching..
Back to top Go down
WarriorWolf

WarriorWolf

Number of posts : 355
Pawprints : 649
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Well, if life wasn't just so easy? The dark bruja looked the fae over, bring himself only steps closer. An actual response, it made the bru wonder a bit, most fem's would bite back, it was something he expected. Perhaps she had read him wrong, either way Zai smirked. "A pleasure, Kali, I'm sure." Zaiaku lifted himself taller, slowly moving towards the she-wolf and then wrapping around her. He lingered for a moment, letting his nares flare to pick up her scent among the dirt, the pitch bruja moved away once again. "Oh, my name? Whatever you'd like it to be." Zai turned and faced the woman again, the smirk ever present on his maw. "Come now, Kali, I'm sure that white wench wouldn't like having a fem wandering the lands." Was he actually doing a duty? Guess it was time to call Jabbar home, Zai repressed a chuckle. Zaiaku began padding away from Kali, swishing his whipcord lightly, he stopped only paw lengths away to see if the vix was following. "So where do you hail from, Kali?" Cerulean hues kept forward, though he spoke with her regardless. He was curious of the land the woman had come from, it might be good to remember to neglect it should he travel that way, that was, if every wolf was as dirty as she was.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 1:07 am

The sound of echoing footsteps pulled her attention away from her search for crayfish in the water. Echo lifted her head and found the white hessian she had stared at before now walking on the opposite bank, matching her steps. She paused, her brow still furrowed, but not in determination, but in... curiosity. She thought she saw something flicker in his eyes, but was distracted by the austere, black markings on his face and maw. She could see now that the way the marks were curved made it look like a perpetual smile on his face, like a clown of sorts. It also seemed to mask his features, but unlike most, Echo was could see past that.

"No," she replied in a monotone. There was another wolf in the distance, but she held her gaze with the one before her. Just because he had given her chills before meant nothing. Chills came and went, no matter what she was doing, she began to realize. It had happened when she first met Damean, Akiko, and even Exodus. She wasn't sure why, but there were a lot of things that happened to her that she didn't know the reason for. "I didn't mean to stare... If it's okay to ask, how did you get those markings? Were you born with them?" Some would say that her natural curiosity was dangerous, that it verged on the point of ignoring her instincts, but her instincts right now were telling her that there was no reason to be afraid of him. Besides, even the crows were flocking near him, landing only inches away from where he stood. It was as if they knew him personally, or as if they were his shadow...

Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

Number of posts : 207
Pawprints : 386
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Damean sighed waking up from some... dream. His black pelt was clean, having washed when Akiko told him to after her little conversation with Gladiator, which he had dismissed himself from, bathed, and fell asleep near the water. His stomach grumbled a little and he looked around finally coming to the fact that he was awake. He had a dream about the cave, and about wolves he had never met. He stood up and stretched. As a pup muscles didn't ache but his did. He hadn't had such a fun adventure in so long, and his body was tired from it. He kept the stretch going and when the young prince shook his pelt he felt much better. He went over to the water and looked at his reflection. He remembered looking at himself in Midnight so long ago and he felt older, though he was a pup, he felt... older. Blue eyes stared back at him. He didn't know what to think of them. Had his mother or his father had blue eyes? Black pelt? Larger... bulky type of a frame he was now starting to fill into? Again, he didn't know the answers to these questions. And didn't ask them either.

Eyes wandered as scents filled his nares. So many... new ones. He sniffed the air and his feet automatically carried him through the trees avoiding Akiko's scent. He didn't want to be grounded to a den. Black legs carried him through the trees and he came up to Blade. He didn't linger there, he noticed Petra was near him too. He circled wide and kept going. His nose carried him onward away farther. He kept himself away from the wolves. His legs carried him to that small oasis with all the trees untouched by a far away history of a fire and onto the mounds. He stood between them looking down. "I'll do better" he felt like someone was asking him to pursue what he was meant to do. His chest grew with a breath and he let out a sigh. His legs carried him back through the trees and into the area with Blade and Petra. "Who's this?" he asked coming and standing next to Blade looking up at the two wolves. Where was Echo... and Exodus...

By cue she woke up with a jolt as the cool air touched her belly where Echo had been. She stood, eyes alert ears perked looking for her pup. She stepped from the den, nares flaring to find... there. She followed the scent and rather quickly at that. She came up to Echo's while fuzzball frame talking to... her chest tightened and released. Crow... he was fine. She felt her nerves relax but her nares caught the attention her eyes didn't. Rawbones. Hate? Anger?... nothing. She sighed and stepped through the brush. "Well well well. Look what we have here, a scavenger and his pet" she laughed talking about the bird and Crow. She looked to the bird, as unnatural as it was, she didn't mind it at all and nodded to the bru and his bird. Then he walked over to Rawbones and sat down next to him. "Hey old man" she smirked and bumped into him. Past was the past. She didn't care... she had Echo... She looked at her daughter and smiled, glad she wasn't afraid to ask the questions others were afraid to ask. "Rawbones... A small walk? Crow, watch my little fluff, she has a knack for wandering off. And if you see the black little demon pup... don't let them go into caves please" She winked to Echo and stood stepping away leading Rawbones from the posse' of wolves.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:36 pm

While listening in for the answers pending from Tristan, Petra noticed the appearance of Damean Jr., though he was intent to pass them by quickly. She was curious as he went by, wondering what he was doing all by himself. But he was certainly safer staying within the shadows than lingering with herself and Blade in the presence of two males that were not yet known. She knew that, try as she might, she would not be able to defend a whelp, if it were to be just she and Blade against the two of them. She had no skills whatsoever when it came to fighting. She was a healer and a hunter, a provider for the pack. She was surprised to see him come back again, and to ask about the two wolves. But it was good for him to be brave, although no too brash. "These wolves are dubbed Tristan and Conall," she replied to him softly, "They are looking for a home. Listen, maybe you will learn something." If little Damean was to be their King in the future, it would be good experience for him to accompany the pack as they greeted newcomers. It would be his job one day, as well as many other things.

Rawbones watched as the whelp spoke with Crow, for so young a pup she spoke without courtesy, and certainly without fear. How interesting... she had thing or two to learn about living amongst wolves such as these. He was tempted to say something, though this interaction was between the she-pup and Crow. He held his tongue for now, simply smirking and shaking his head. The sudden appearance of Exodus caught him off-guard, making his attitude change instantly. He had felt calm and cool moments ago, ready to talk some sense into a youngster, and then this femme appeared. He watched the fae approach him; at first her looked around himself, as though searching for an escape. But she was within feet from him in moments, and he couldn't leave. He knew he had to face this sooner or later. He locked his gaze upon her, watching her trot over and briefly speak with Crow before focusing herself upon him. He was sure he was in for it, a full barage, but she seemed collected at the moment. However, as she asked him for a walk, he knew it must be coming. He took in a deep breath, standing tall and letting his tail lift into its natural position.

He tilted his head as she walked into him, bumping him slightly. Still watching her, he wondered what was going on within her mind. He licked his lips, partially out of uncertainty, and partially out of anticipation. Surely she must be angry with him? Yet he couldn't sense it... his ears flicked back and he gave himself a shake. He followed her as she led him away, hoping she would not turn on him suddenly. He knew what happened when he was presented with aggression... he had once nearly set himself upon his own mate during an arguement. He did not want to hurt the wolves that he knew and loved, but that was out of his control. Sighing deeply, he continued on behind her, glancing over her frame briefly before he came up beside her.

"Greetings, Exodus," he uttered softly, his voice deep and rough, "I assume you want to settle things with me.." He blurted it out, wanting to get it all over with. He was sure that deep down she must resent him, waiting for the opportunity to unleash her hatred upon him in privacy. Quickly, he got another word in, hoping he could avoid this in some way, or do something to lessen her hatred. "Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" he inquired, a tone of pleading in his voice, "I didn't mean for it to happen..." How could he explain himself? There was no way he could justify what happened.. it was just what happened to him. He couldn't control himself as a warrior, he became too vicious during battle, without discretion. Sighing again, he waited for her next move, expecting a tongue lashing and more..
Back to top Go down
Ruffian

Ruffian

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Kali looked at the bru, who was only a couple of steps between each other. He had replied in saying it was a pleasure. She had shrugged her shoulders, not caring if it was your not. He stood taller then wrapping around her to pick up her scent though all her dirt, leaves ,and twigs. He stepped back quickly and answered her question by saying whatever Kali wanted. Deciding on Jace as what she would call him, he said that the white wrench wouldn't like her in the lands. Who was this white wench he spoke of? She continued on as he padded away from her, and looking to see if someone was foloowing them both. Jace asked Kali were she had lived. She repiled to his question saying," Don't remember. Only that it was very, very cold." Kali tried to look in his eyes, to she what color they were.
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

Number of posts : 207
Pawprints : 386
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 2:51 pm

She didn't mean to, but slight laughter flicked from her throat as Rawbones began to attempt at explaining himself. "Wolves come and go... Males." She sighed turning and looking dead on at him. "If it weren't for you... and your crazy protective state of a being, killing all those in your path friend or foe, then there would be no Echo and I. I love her more then anything I have ever loved before. As strange as that is. If Aladar had came back for me... then I would have stayed there had pups, blah blah blah. Now. It's just Echo and I" She looked at him full force, her eyes trying to catch a hint of betrayal from the old wolf. "Teach her" She said coming up to him and sitting in front of him. "She's... special. And not in the ways that most would think a pup cute and cuddles. I see that side, as you can tell, no one else does. She's very mature for her age, which scares me, but it's seemed to wind Damean down for the most part... have you seen him yet? He's asked about you" She smiled at him, the direction in which he had started the conversation was changed now. Past was the past... Her 'mate' had been dead a long time now and she had a pup to raise and future prospects to look forward to. Ones that promised more to her... somewhere, someday. Her heart grew heavy. Or. She'd be a single mother for all time. That's fine too.

"So. Don't consider it a "making up" that's enough of that talk. We never mean for things to happen, but if you'd... teach her things. She doesn't have a 'father' and well I guess she could have as many uncles as Damean has" she smirked and lifted a paw to his shoulder. "I'm glad you're back though... mentally and physically" she smiled and winked at him then flopped on her side. "So. What happened after the fight, you vanished I heard. And then I came here, and your scent was so faint. Now you're here. Go on an adventure?" she rolled from side to side and stretched out looking up at him waiting for an answer.

Damean looked at Petra and nodded. "Tristan and Conall" He repeated the names and looked at them both. Tristan. Lame in one eyes... lame in one leg... what was wrong he didn't know nor care. "Can I ask you a question. I've heard this being asked before..." he looked at Petra with an apologetic look for speaking instead of listening. "But what do you offer the pack as a whole... and as an individual" he sat down next to Petra now and looked up at her then to the other wolves again. He tried to act none interested but he was highly interested in this answer. Echo would have asked something like this. His heart raced then thinking about her. Where was she. He hadn't found her yet. Probably with Exodus being yelled at. No... Exodus wouldn't do that. He didn't think she would. Akiko hadn't been to bad. She had told him shortly before he wandered off that he was a king to be. He had to act like one. He had to... playing wasn't allowed, he had to learn the basics... and this... was a start he guessed.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:52 pm

He'd been waiting for a response when Damean appeared by his side. Petra answered the question, and he moved to settle by her, asking Tristan and Cornall a question. When the young king-to-be looked apologetically towards Petra for speaking up, Blade gave a faint nod of approval. If he wanted to experience this, so be it. He wondered why the change though. It wasn't as if Damean hadn't been interested in his future duties before, but now, he held himself better. More like an alpha than the offspring of one. He was acting more mature, although they'd have to wait to see if this was a phase or a change.

Blade would let this go on unless his intervention was required. He doubted it, but there were a few reasonings to keep Tristan here, even if the bru himself couldn't think of enough to satisfy Damean. Questions like the one young Damean had asked would separate the quietr, humble wolves from the proud or confident ones.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:59 am

Petra perked her ears to Damean as his voice filled the air, asking questions that one would expect from a mature adult wolf. As he looked up at her, she couldn't help but to smile back at him, not wanting him to feel badly for going against what she said. Aside from listening, Damean would learn most by asking questions, so long as he paid attention to the answers he received. She wasn't about to scold or hush him, that would only lessen his desire to ask questions. He had every right asking, especially in a situation like this. She nodded to the young one as he looked up at her, then seated herself as well. The tension had left her body, and she felt more comfortable now, and was more curious about what Tristan and his young one had to say.

Rawbones stood there in stunned silence for many moments, trying to comprehend her tone, her posture and her words. Was she serious? He tilted his head, hearing her out. She seemed to have no intention on getting back at him. He hung his head silently when she mentioned his indiscriminatory state of killing. It was not something he was proud of. He knew he could fight harshly and destroy any enemy, but he also knew that if a comrade was in the wrong place at the wrong time, his violence would be turned upon them, too. Still, she was not dwelling on that, and he forced himself to forget it, as well. Instead, he focused on her gaze that was so intensely focused upon him. Then she came to sit directly in front of him, her stare just as focused. He could not look away; not because he felt threatened, or like he needed to stand his ground... no, it was because her golden gaze drew him in, capturing him. She asked him to teach the whelp, Echo, that she was in charge of. The pup seemed to mean a lot to her now, regardless of where she came from. He didn't know much about Echo yet, but he was sure that he would get to know her in the moons that would follow this conversation. Then Exodus asked about Damean. Rawbones had not seen the young King since his return.

"The boy's been asking of me, has he?" he asked, his voice gruff, yet somewhat proud. Then he huffed; he needed to spend more time with the boy. He wasn't worthy of such attention. "I haven't seen him in some time.." he uttered lowly, "He must have grown since I last saw him. I hope he's doing well." Then he felt ashamed again, knowing he hadn't been keeping his promise to both his King, and to Jaded. He sighed, then shook his pelt, trying to rid himself of such thoughts. Yet, he knew he had to do better. Then he focused back on Exodus. It seemed she really wanted him to teach Echo some things, and he was surprised by the faith she had in his abilities. He knew age was hindering him somewhat, but he also knew he could hold his own when he was in good health. She mentioned that Echo did not have a 'father'... was she suggesting something? The older male hoped she was. "If she needs someone to look up to, I will be there," he said, smiling as her paw met his shoulder. He felt warmth enter him with the physical contact, something he hadn't experience in much too long. He closed his eyes briefly. Then he opened them again, quickly, wondering if he was enjoying this too much. His murky silver eyes watched her as she lay down and flopped onto her side, looking up at him. For a short moment, he wondered if she was doing all of this just to get him to let his guard down, so she could strike at just the right moment. Was she really this comfortable around him?

Then he let it go. He let his body fall to the ground next to her, stretching out his hinds, tail hanging loosely to the side. Suddenly, he felt young and giddy, and he gave himself over to the feeling. As she asked him about what happened after the fight, he cocked his head, wondering what he could tell her. "Yes, my scent was faint..." he murmured, hardly able to look at her, yet he did, "It was a hard loss, for me and for the pack, and then the battle... I needed some time alone, and I had spent the last few moons alone... I'm afraid of hurting wolves that don't deserve it.." He looked at the ground, stretching out his forepaws and clawing at the ground somewhat. Then he looked up at her again, and he was able to muster a rather sincere smile. "But I'm glad to be back, too," he said, sighing happily, "There is little to be found in solitude." He tilted his head slightly, wondering what she was thinking. What was this meeting all about? Was she hoping to play on his feelings and make him a slave to her desires? He wasn't sure if that sounded bad or good.. He just hoped that this wasn't going to turn out badly, whatever happened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd
Page 4 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next