Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd

Go down 
+12
puppylove90766
Ruffian
Moohn
Shadowed
akkanatrum
_Sensable_
WarriorWolf
Silent
FoSsY
__silvers__
(.kippy.)
EDITOR
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
akkanatrum
Junior Admin

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-12

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:52 pm

He'd been waiting for a response when Damean appeared by his side. Petra answered the question, and he moved to settle by her, asking Tristan and Cornall a question. When the young king-to-be looked apologetically towards Petra for speaking up, Blade gave a faint nod of approval. If he wanted to experience this, so be it. He wondered why the change though. It wasn't as if Damean hadn't been interested in his future duties before, but now, he held himself better. More like an alpha than the offspring of one. He was acting more mature, although they'd have to wait to see if this was a phase or a change.

Blade would let this go on unless his intervention was required. He doubted it, but there were a few reasonings to keep Tristan here, even if the bru himself couldn't think of enough to satisfy Damean. Questions like the one young Damean had asked would separate the quietr, humble wolves from the proud or confident ones.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:59 am

Petra perked her ears to Damean as his voice filled the air, asking questions that one would expect from a mature adult wolf. As he looked up at her, she couldn't help but to smile back at him, not wanting him to feel badly for going against what she said. Aside from listening, Damean would learn most by asking questions, so long as he paid attention to the answers he received. She wasn't about to scold or hush him, that would only lessen his desire to ask questions. He had every right asking, especially in a situation like this. She nodded to the young one as he looked up at her, then seated herself as well. The tension had left her body, and she felt more comfortable now, and was more curious about what Tristan and his young one had to say.

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Rawbones

Rawbones stood there in stunned silence for many moments, trying to comprehend her tone, her posture and her words. Was she serious? He tilted his head, hearing her out. She seemed to have no intention on getting back at him. He hung his head silently when she mentioned his indiscriminatory state of killing. It was not something he was proud of. He knew he could fight harshly and destroy any enemy, but he also knew that if a comrade was in the wrong place at the wrong time, his violence would be turned upon them, too. Still, she was not dwelling on that, and he forced himself to forget it, as well. Instead, he focused on her gaze that was so intensely focused upon him. Then she came to sit directly in front of him, her stare just as focused. He could not look away; not because he felt threatened, or like he needed to stand his ground... no, it was because her golden gaze drew him in, capturing him. She asked him to teach the whelp, Echo, that she was in charge of. The pup seemed to mean a lot to her now, regardless of where she came from. He didn't know much about Echo yet, but he was sure that he would get to know her in the moons that would follow this conversation. Then Exodus asked about Damean. Rawbones had not seen the young King since his return.

"The boy's been asking of me, has he?" he asked, his voice gruff, yet somewhat proud. Then he huffed; he needed to spend more time with the boy. He wasn't worthy of such attention. "I haven't seen him in some time.." he uttered lowly, "He must have grown since I last saw him. I hope he's doing well." Then he felt ashamed again, knowing he hadn't been keeping his promise to both his King, and to Jaded. He sighed, then shook his pelt, trying to rid himself of such thoughts. Yet, he knew he had to do better. Then he focused back on Exodus. It seemed she really wanted him to teach Echo some things, and he was surprised by the faith she had in his abilities. He knew age was hindering him somewhat, but he also knew he could hold his own when he was in good health. She mentioned that Echo did not have a 'father'... was she suggesting something? The older male hoped she was. "If she needs someone to look up to, I will be there," he said, smiling as her paw met his shoulder. He felt warmth enter him with the physical contact, something he hadn't experience in much too long. He closed his eyes briefly. Then he opened them again, quickly, wondering if he was enjoying this too much. His murky silver eyes watched her as she lay down and flopped onto her side, looking up at him. For a short moment, he wondered if she was doing all of this just to get him to let his guard down, so she could strike at just the right moment. Was she really this comfortable around him?

Then he let it go. He let his body fall to the ground next to her, stretching out his hinds, tail hanging loosely to the side. Suddenly, he felt young and giddy, and he gave himself over to the feeling. As she asked him about what happened after the fight, he cocked his head, wondering what he could tell her. "Yes, my scent was faint..." he murmured, hardly able to look at her, yet he did, "It was a hard loss, for me and for the pack, and then the battle... I needed some time alone, and I had spent the last few moons alone... I'm afraid of hurting wolves that don't deserve it.." He looked at the ground, stretching out his forepaws and clawing at the ground somewhat. Then he looked up at her again, and he was able to muster a rather sincere smile. "But I'm glad to be back, too," he said, sighing happily, "There is little to be found in solitude." He tilted his head slightly, wondering what she was thinking. What was this meeting all about? Was she hoping to play on his feelings and make him a slave to her desires? He wasn't sure if that sounded bad or good.. He just hoped that this wasn't going to turn out badly, whatever happened.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bravequestk9.com
Moohn

Moohn

Number of posts : 472
Pawprints : 817
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 3:42 am

OOC: Oof, sorry. Just got done with finals. By the way Akka, it's Conall, not Cornall Smile

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Trista16

Blade prompted the same question out of Tristan that Rawbones had. Why here? "Jabbar seems the best fit for me now," he responded with far less grief in his voice, becoming far more accustomed to the sound of it. "The Pearl has too many memories and though I don't resent them, I never truly healed things with Jack and Calypso after... the last time. I tried Hamara but I couldn't stay there either. Far too dramatic. Not to mention the femme I had mated with was killed by some rogue with most of our litter. Conall here is the sole survivor." He motioned to his son who simply nodded. He knew the story and only knew it as a simple fact. It didn't particularly scar him since he hadn't been old enough to even witness it.

Quite suddenly, a young bru, about Conall's age, approached them and immediately asked who they were. He looked strikingly like his father. This must have been what Rawbones meant. Of course, an heir to the throne. And by the air of respect he seemed to subtly command, he wasn't wrong. Tristan sighed. "I've managed to swallow my pride and realize that I've taken a shine to your side of the coin. And Jabbar makes a far more appealing home than Muerta ever could. But I'm growing long-winded." As he let his story finish and settle, the young Damean asked of them their business. Tristan gave a well-meant chuckle. The youngster had to learn sometime. He sat back and looked at his son with a prompting glance. He'd been doing all of the talking, and this was an opportunity for Conall to speak for himself, as well as interact with someone his age for once. "I'm sure my son can speak for us on this one. Blade and Petra have heard enough from me."

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Conall12
The young bru's tassel wagged gently behind him when Damean Jr. approached them. He hadn't had much experience at all with anyone his age. He knew this was a darker pack, but he wasn't above making friends. But he knew business came first and he would restrain himself for the time being. He nodded respectfully and spoke respectfully, but casually. No need for him to seem uptight. "My dad is here to live out the rest of his years in peace. He's told me a lot of stories and he's had a rough life. We know it's not necessarily the most peaceful place all the time here, but it will do him the most good. I'm here because I'm his son. And I'm personally taking a liking to what I've seen here so far. Dad's lame, to be blunt, but I can hunt on his behalf as well as for the pack. I can scout, too, and fight, but I need to practice. I haven't been able to much... I know I can be helpful to the pack wherever they need me." For a young one, his vocabulary wasn't half bad. He was far too tempted to ask, but he would let the young prince introduce himself when he felt it appropriate. He liked these wolves. They were kind, but they had an edge to them. He would have to learn more from them. He loved his father, but he had to get out and spend time with others eventually.

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Crowbl11
Crow chuckled and eased up on the young fae. He noticed one of the many crows from the murder sticking particularly close to him. It wasn't fleeing, and it was a nice feeling. He gave it some distance. It would come to him in time. Rawbones came up to them, and he gave the old man a nod in return. He had always liked him, despite his grumpy days. He passed him a sidelong glance. "I heard you back there. Be nice to my friends, would you?" He complained sarcastically. The bird beside him tilted its head and cawed at Rawbones rather loudly. It was the brave one he had decided to growl at. So naturally it decided it was safe and best to ditch its feathered friends in favor of the wolves. At least food was that way reliable.

Echo asked him about his features, naturally. Was he born with them? "Indeed I was," he responded rather fondly. "I don't mind when others stare. They're always curious and I know I look strange. I just like to poke fun sometimes." No sooner had the words left his mouth than Exodus approached them. He had caught her scent a while off, but was glad to see her come his way. "A scavenger? Why, I'm wounded by your sharp tongue, Exodus," he smiled a rare and welcome smile at her. He had missed his pack dearly and was willing to show it. She pledged him to keep an eye on Echo. He gave her a nod in the affirmative. So she was Exodus's daughter indeed. Not by blood, that much he knew, but it was a pleasant enough thought. "I'll keep an eye on this troublemaker. And for the other one as well. Though I'm not sure where he's been off to lately." The she-wolf and older hessian went off to their own business and he gave his attention back to the younger one. "Don't go near the caves, huh? You already have a little excitement out there?" He raised a brow. Surely the duo of Echo and Damean had gotten themselves into trouble already while he wasn't around.
Back to top Go down
http://asediado.tumblr.com
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Pawprints : 1889

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 10:06 am

((Yeah, I realized that, but it's habitual from somewhere else. Haha. I apparently need to proofread better.))

Blade nodded in response to Tristan, who let his son take over in answering Damean's question. They probably figured out who the true alpha was, and why Akiko was acting alpha. After Conall spoke, he leaned towards Petra and muttered for only her ears, "So, we have a potential storyteller and one who could still be molded into a role we need." It was a good enough reason for him, although they'd have to wait and see how Damean would respond. Blade hoped he'd paid rapt attention to their guests and not be distracted by his friend's whereabouts. As long as she was still in the lands and not known to be in danger, Damean should be able to focus on the job.
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

Number of posts : 207
Pawprints : 386
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:42 am

Her and Damean both need someone to look up to. She thought this silently to herself. He came and laid down too and Exodus smiled at him. "It's nice to relax sometimes" she felt her body relax instantly after saying this. She flopped her tail a couple times hearing it thump on the ground and hearing Rawbones flex his nails into the dirt. "I'm sorry..." she said responding to his comment about the loss. She had known Rawbones when the older brute had returned with intentions and her father had greeted the brute and welcomed him home. So many changes over the years... she felt old suddenly and gave a little giggle to herself. "Isn't it weird, to think how much has changed. And now look... I'm home, with my own little whelp... Damean is gone but his little mini look alike is here. Akiko, you, Crow, Blade, Petra. Everyone is here. Legend is dead for his stupid choices. But his son lives on in one female, and daughter lives on through Cinder... Do you think Jabbar will change much with Little Damean ruling the lands?" She sat up on her front leaning upright to look at Rawbones dead on while he laid next to her. She smiled at him and waited for his answer...

Damean listened to the male talk. Tristan. And then Conall who spoke of his father's... last request. At least that's what it seemed like. "Well." He said looking from the younger bru, closer to his age, to the elder who's body was way past it's due time. "Welcome to Jabbar" he said softly looking at both of them still. "I don't see any problems with you two staying here. For your retirement and your teaching" he said looking from the oldest to the youngest. "I'm sure you'll offer plenty of skills for the pack Conall. I offer you blessing until Akiko offers full pack membership. Heed my words though, it's only a blessing on the lands of Jabbar" Damean nodded and stood. "Blade... will you take Tristan and show him the dens, I'd like him there until Akiko can venture to see him. Conall. Will you come with me" He turned and walked away heading into the lands. He smelled Zai and wanted to create a convoy with Conall. "I'll have him back soon" he said looking to Tristan once more before walking off expecting the other pup to follow. Once out of eye shot he relaxed and wagged his tail pouncing around. "I guess I have to show face in front of everyone a little" he said to himself, if Conall had caught up he's hear too, but Damean wasn't looking around for him, just looking at the trees and grass before him as he pounced around.

Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

Pawprints : 1290

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 3:18 am

Petra listened as Tristan patiently told his story, and she felt bad for him. It all sounded so awful, and yet he sounded right at home speaking of it, as though it had never hurt. How could he be okay with it? He must be beyond caring by now, yet his son stood near him and he was here for the boy, to give Conall a good home. The hybrid could not understand, but she would not pry; it was enough that he had to repeat himself to each wolf that asked. Now it was Damean's turn to have his questions answered, and Tristan decided he would give his boy the chance to speak up. Thus far he'd been very quiet, polite but on edge. Petra wondered what he was really like. She was pleased to hear him speak. He seemed a little rough around the edges, but he was trying, and Petra had a feeling he would fit in just fine with the wolves of Jabbar. And he was young, so he would easily adjust to their ways, especially with Damean around the same age.

She tilted her ears when Blade leaned close to her, whispering to her his opinion of the two males. She looked to him and nodded in agreement. She couldn't see any reason they should turn these two away, regardless of what had happened with Tristan in Jabbar all the years ago. Then her attention was drawn back to Damean as he spoke his approval, and she smiled at the corner of his mouth. He was trying so hard to fill the role he'd been born to. Then he gave some instructions and proposed to lead Conall away, probably to rough house and spend some time feeling free. She looked to Tristan, then Blade again. "Well, I'll go ahead and see if anyone is around," she said, hoping that Akiko would be out of the dens now. Trotting off, she looked over her shoulder, hoping they would come along behind her shortly.

Rawbones nodded immediately when she said it was nice to relax sometimes, and smiled back at her, though his expression was gruff from lack of practice. It was not often that he smiled. He shifted onto his side, letting his hinds stretch out comfortably and his tail tapped the ground. He shrugged when she said sorry.. Not because he didn't accept her condolences. He just wanted to forget it all and let it be. It was hard, because he had lost so much in life, and he had never been given the chance to settle. He was certain the cycle would continue until he died, whenever that might be. His mind was snapped back to the present when Exodus giggled, and he gave a wolfy grin. "Yes, there has been a lot of change," he commented. He knew what she meant. It was a difficult change, but things had happened the way they did for a reason. He wondered what his purpose in this was. Maybe he would find out, but maybe not. He perked his ears when he heard that another female carried out Legend's progeny as well. He had known about Cinder, but the second was news to him. The brat had certainly gone around... it was for the better he'd been taken down. He'd gotten too high on himself.

Then she asked if he thought the lands would change. He quirked a brow. "Well, maybe," he said, not sure what to say. It was hard to know how Damean would turn out, as he was still young and had so much more to learn. "I suppose that will all depend upon what we teach him," he said, wondering what she thought of that. Any wolf could influence the youngster, for better or for worse. "It's important that we carry on his father's dream.." Rawbones murmured, "But I'm afraid of the pack's reputation being dampened. Even if we have different allies, we must ensure that nobody takes us lightly." A shiver ran down his spine as he thought of it. He had been raised amongst truly vicious wolves, and had lived here through his entire prime, where his hardened persona and tough exterior had benefited himself and the pack. He didn't like the thought of this pack becoming soft, or their young ones growing up with a life of luxury. It would be great if they never suffered the pain and hatred that many of the older wolves had experienced, but it would do no good for them to remain naive. Tragedy was a part of life, and the fighting that ensued.. they had to know what to do.

He watched as she sat up slightly, smiling at him. Had she always been so forward? His memory evaded him for the moment. Perhaps he had never had a conversation with her since she had matured. Her molten gaze smothered him, and his silver orbs looked back at her. Normally he could hold the stare of another wolf, but that was only when he was being challenged, or when he knew what he thought of them... He looked away from her, chuckling lowly and rising to his paws. He glanced back at her, waving his tail. "What do you think, Exodus?" he asked, trying to keep the conversation going, "How will things be when Damean takes his place? What will he have to offer this pack and the rest of the lands?" It was a question that left a lot of pondering, but it was all up to them how the future turned out. Damean needed guidance from them, and depending on what they taught him, their future would become more clear.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 4:16 pm

Echo watched him without a word, noticing Exodus rouse from her slumber and walk with some older, unknown male. A small laugh bubbled in her throat and she smiled at the adults' playful banter. She nodded her head when Crow spoke of the caves. "Yeah. Damean and I went there yesterday. Akiko and Exodus weren't too happy about it," she paused, thinking of their adventure, and then of what she had seen in the underground aquifer. Her blue eyes dropped to the rushing stream before them. It was very possible that it was the same water she had been staring into only hours ago. She wondered what properties it had that could trick her into seeing something that wasn't there. A loud caw brought her attention up to one of the crows, stepping away from its murder, as if to join them. Her smile returned and she looked up at the strangely-marked bru. "I think you've got a friend," she said, and the bird looked at her, as if it could understand her. Though it was across the stream next to crow, it stared at her just as much as she did at it, like there was some kind of silent understanding between them. The crow's feathers were puffed out, ready for a fight, but it cawed at her again and settled. Damean would be the kind to chase it, not her.

The thought brought her back to Crow. "Have you seen Damean?" she asked, hoping he hadn't been too punished by Akiko for their adventure. It was her fault, mostly, for even suggesting that they go off together.

Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 3:39 pm

Tristan offered Damean a soft smile. "Thank you. Your blessing is very much appreciated." he replied graciously. He figured it wouldn't be too terrible to show the youngster a bit of due respect. He gave a nod when the prince decided to take Conall along with him and head off another way. The old bru knew there wouldn't be much trouble to be had with them. At least none that he'd suspect. And whatever the circumstance he was certain Conall could hold his own. The boy hadn't been taught much in the way of fighting but he had endless generations of warrior's blood running through his veins. He was confident however that nothing of the sort would happen. After accompanying him for so long, he deserved some fun with someone his age.

Petra prompted him and Blade to follow her. He lifted a tentative paw, looking to Blade, unsure of whether they would follow the fae or he would be led to be held in the dens as instructed.

Conall smiled to his father with a backwards glance and eagerly followed after Damean. He was unsure of what was about to happen, but was excited nonetheless. The adults disappeared from view and the other young drake immediately began leaping around. Out of pure reflex Conall briefly dipped into a play bow and shot back up, tassel wagging heavily. He bounded up to Damean, joining him in his pouncing and smiling. "We always have to show face for the old ones. I've had to be quiet this whole time. I don't mind but sometimes I just get so... bored." He made a particularly large leap and spun around to face this new potential friend with a grin, panting just slightly. "You never said your name. What is it?"

Crow chuckled at Echo's answer. "It's a dangerous place to be. You're lucky Akiko spared you!" The little fae stared at the stream, seemingly lost in her thoughts, and he wondered where her mind had gotten off to. He knew of her, but not much about her. Quickly enough, the bird beside him snapped her out of her mental wandering. She suggested the friendship between them and he smiled. "For some reason they've come to like me. I used to have a very dedicated friend, one that stayed with me for years and came with me from before my time here. It would still be here had it not been killed in Jabbar's last great fight. But it seems as though..." He gingerly nudged the crow with his snout, and the response was a gentle nip on the nose. "It seems as though this one's noticed I've needed a new companion." She asked him Damean's whereabouts and Crow shrugged, unaware that he was bounding off with a new acquaintance. "I haven't seen him yet today. Perhaps Akiko isn't finished tanning his hide."

The black bird that had been observing the two of them hopped up to settle briefly on his shoulders, and things began to feel like old times. Slowly but surely. It cocked its head and looked at Echo curiously before making the brief flight across the river to her side. It hopped about her feet, taking her in with its deep black eyes a few observant caws, as though it were assessing her. After a thoughtful pause, it gave one last sound and offered up a brief nuzzle to her shoulder and nip at her fur. "Well," Crow laughed rather genuinely. "It seems I'm not the only one with a new friend." His voice grew more quiet, pensive. "I've never seen them take to another wolf like that before. You must be pretty special." An unconscious smirk played his maw and he watched as his companion flitted about Echo and gently pulled at her pelt and ears.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:20 pm

"You're lucky Akiko spared you!" were his words. Something shifted inside her. She knew it wasn't the first time she had been spared. No, she knew she had been spared many times. Ever since her birth. The voices she would hear before she fell asleep, the strange emptiness she felt when being cuddled, and the ability to see what others could not... She had been spared because someone either took pity on her or found her useful. Useful for what, though? She had been tossed aside, dumped into another pack. That didn't constitute as useful. Pity, perhaps? She frowned. If others took pity on her, then she must look weak. A new anger bubbled in her chest, but it was drowned in sympathy as Crow told her of his fallen companion. Death... Death, she was strangely familiar with. She knew that there was nothing to say, letting his words echo in the place of her reply.

The bird moved towards her. She stood still, knowing that it wasn't going to attack, but checking her out. Finally, it nipped her nose and a startled squeak escaped her, but she knew that it was nothing harmful. In fact, she found her tail wagging in response. The bird pulled at her pelt and ears and she returned the teasing gesture with a playful swat. "That's what everyone tells me," she replies to Crow, not looking up from the bird. "That I'm special. But I'm not. I'm just a little... different. Damean's the special one, since he's going to be King one day. King Damean." She let the name roll off her lips. It sent a tingle up her spine. The title of King meant that Damean would become... so much more. Would he still be the same Damean she knew now? She could feel Crow's eyes still on her, and the bird seemed to take notice that she was no longer interested in playing. Her eyes met his eyes, ignoring the black markings, and seeking out the golden irises, as if speaking to him directly. "But I guess... We're all a little different, aren't we?" she said with a smile and a wag of her tail. She appreciated the bru's presence, just as she did with Exodus. Yes, Exodus was right about her belonging in Jabbar. Family happened without effort. "It was nice meeting you, Crow. I'm going to find Damean," she said, and then turned to the bird. She gave it a small bow. "And it was a pleasure to be in your company, miss."

Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 2:17 pm

Exodus stood when Rawbones did not wanting to be left behind. She shook her pelt and stretched a little before stepping next to him tilting her head to the side ever slightly. "You know, I hadn't pondered that really. I had asked, but had yet to let my mind even wander over the situation. Honestly..." she said down her head sinking between her shoulders and she looked at him with guilt. "I am scared for him. He has no mother, no father, it was like Legend and I until Jaded came, she filled that gap quite clearly. No one can do that for Damean. We had our father, though both our 'parents' were not our rightful bloodline parents, we at least had a constant father from abandonment" She winked at him with this comment, remembering leaving Muerta to go home to a home she didn't know. "to his death and beyond. I at least knew who to call father, mother, you know. He... doesn't. He has all of us. One big family. Fifteen different views on life, which one will he follow. I know he'll have to make that decision and we can only guide him to the best of our ability. But what if something dramatic happens and it sends him over the edge. I've never seen a pup never act like a pup. He's always at ease around Echo and the moment she's gone or the moment it's bed time and he's not curled up with her, he's all business. Nothing playtime about him..." She sighed frustrated on what she was trying to say. What was she trying to say. "I just don't want him to loose any of this..." she looked around and then looked at Rawbones.

"It's the only thing he has, as fucked as it is that he's got a million 'parents' at least he's got us all..." she sighed. "I'm just scared if he wont learn something, then Jabbar will be tested and forgotten... then we'll have to unleash this beast on them" she smiled, trying to bring humor in her sudden loss of mouth block as she had unloaded all that onto Rawbones. She stood and bumped him with her hip. "And this beast holds no prisoners" she smirked and laughed at her own little joke before turning and facing him again. "What is the best memory you ever had..." she asked watching him. "As a pup" she said looking directly at him. "What was your past like? And how'd you end up in the lands of Fire and Ice? And past time... relaxing... anything what is your favorite thing to do?" she asked all these questions, a sparkle growing in her eyes.

Damean pranced around, though he kept his blue eyes alert. "Names Damean" he said watching the newest addition to the pack of pups jolt around spinning. "You're very agile. I'll have to make you a scout or an assassin. Oooo you could run around killing everything in your path" he laughed and jumped at a butterfly catching it under his paws and wiggling around on it. "You didn't see a white pup when you came in did yo-" but his words stopped "Echo!" he said looking to Conall. "Come on, you have to meet her too" his face was alight with enthusiasm "Echooooooo!" he bellowed out towards her. He saw her there, walking away from whom... His chest grew a bit restricted not knowing who it was but as he got closer and the birds jumped around he smiled "Crow!" he shouted out. He hadn't seen Crow in so long! And he smelled Rawbones. Where was he? Everyone was coming home, now? He ran right up to Echo, and without stopping he jumped towards her. "Echooooooooo" he screamed a smile splashed across his face his tongue played out. He loved her. His best friend.
Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 6:42 pm

Crow liked Echo. He could see them becoming close friends once she had matured. Much the same with Damean, though he wondered if he would ever be able to shake the idea of being his elder. He reveled with her for a moment at the sound of "King Damean" and his mind wandered for a brief moment as to the possibilities for the young bru. He wondered how things would change for this pack. After so long following his father, and now this time of transition, who knew what was to come next? Echo snapped him out of his thoughts, catching his eyes with hers and questioning him. "Yes. We've all got our own quirks..." He chuckled at the bow she made to the bird before turning to be on her way. It cawed softly at her and flew back to its master's side, satisfied with its new friend. She was about to leave, but a young voice bellowed from not too far off, and Damean came bursting into their midst. "Good to see you, Damean!" He shouted back and watched the prince frolic toward his best friend.

"Damean," Conall tested the name with a smile and continued to dance around with him. He was flattered by the compliment he was given. A scout or assassin. So he was useful after all! "You really think so?" He headed to see the caught butterfly but was soon taken aback by Damean's outburst. "Echo?" He had yet to meet an Echo. But he ran helter skelter after his friend to seek out this fae that he seemed so excited about. They came to the river and he could make out the white body that had been mentioned. The youngster stopped just short of where Damean had leapt from, catching eyes with the one he called Crow, the one who had passed so eerily by him and his father when they first entered the terra. They locked gazes for a moment, but Conall refused to show the fear that leapt in his heart, despite Damean's warm greeting.

The strange white drake remained emotionless, belying his cheerful demeanor just moments before. He spoke, tenor low and careful. "Any friend of Damean's is a friend of mine. But don't get too comfortable. Until you are accepted here, I reserve judgement." Conall swallowed and nodded, knowing his place immediately. His auds pinned back and he waited for the bru to disappear from sight before daring to wag his tail and scurry off to join his friends. He was no coward, but this hessian put him off. Perhaps he would be passed favorable judgement when the time came, but for now he knew to tread lightly. Rejoining the others, he stood just slightly behind, waiting for the two friends to finish their greeting. A faint scent of another young fae caught in his nares, and in a spare moment, he turned to look. He was met by yet another pair of blue eyes, a tri-hued femme their age. There was a smirk on her maw. Who was she?

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Daija10
She walked in with a steady stride. She had bypassed Calypso and Yana in the Lone Lands altogether, unwilling to face them and deal with the grief that would come. Her mother was dead. It happened. Though she had felt her heart heavy for a brief time, she overcame it. In her childhood many had died. And she loved her mother, but their time together had not been terribly long. She hadn't the time to be given the news she already knew, hadn't the time for all of the "I'm so sorry". Perhaps she would return to the Pearl sooner rather than later, but for some reason she felt the need to visit Jabbar, as though she was drawn here. She soon realized it was nothing more than the overwhelming desire to visit an old friend.

The ruckus was enough to catch her attention, though the scent wasn't hard to follow, either. It was everywhere. She hadn't seen Damean in so long... And the scent of another... that Echo pup. Had she left them to settle here too? Was she as stiff and eerie as she recalled? She could only hope the fae had loosened up since their last encounter. There was a third too, the one she met eyes with. He had to be new. The scent of the Lone Lands clung to him still, though he seemed comfortable enough in their presence. She offered him a nod of greeting but moved past him and focused on the prince. She found a certain joy in watching Damean still bound around like a pup, though she wasn't much older. He hadn't changed much. She didn't do much in the way of playing anymore, though being around him could change that. She felt her heart thump, realizing just how much she had missed his company, even if it had only been for a short time; Something had told her she would see him, and she kept the warmth of his immediate friendship in her heart. The young femme allowed her tassel to wag just slightly in the joy of the moment. "Damean..." she said just loud enough, happiness in her voice for the first time in a long time. Daija, they would call her. And for the time being, she would take it. She had yet to find herself or her new calling. Perhaps this journey would give her that...
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 8:23 pm

Blade nodded towards the dens, seeing Tristan's almost step. "She'll be at the dens." He started walking in that direction, saying, "Stay close." As long as Conall stayed within Damean's vicinity, no wolf will bother him. Tristan on the other hand, had to remain even closer to a pack wolf, being a familiar sight to those who aren't aware of his return. Akiko was probably by the dens, perhaps still sleeping. He didn't know. She might attack at sight, but seeing him might at least allow Tristan a chance to explain himself. He didn't know how she'd react, but he'd figure out what to do before it happened.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:59 pm

Damean. He was calling her. When she turned, he was there, splashing her with his tongue. A blush ran hot across her cheeks, though hidden beneath her fur, and she couldn't help but smile, that warmness creeping into her heart. She laughed and pushed him away with her paw. "Damean," she said with a slight pant. They were both growing larger now, and he was certainly growing in strength. Another bru spoke, one that stood beside Damean, as if he was his guardian. Echo's smile vanished, seeing the way he regarded Crow. "He's an elder," she said coldly, though she wasn't sure how much of this was true - what she did know was that he had been a part of the pack for a long time, or at least, that was the way that Exodus had made it seem. Regardless, she didn't like the way he was glaring at Crow. "If anything, he should be the one judging you. Your scent doesn't lie. You're not from around here."

She paused, letting the words sink in. It wasn't in her nature to start an argument, but more to end one. She glanced at Crow; she didn't know why she felt a need to stand up for him, because of course he was the bigger wolf and could handle himself, but perhaps that was what family did, or at least, what she could tell they did. Another voice called Damean's name, and when she looked, it was a female, about their age. At first she thought it was Navi, and her mind raced - Where had she gone? Had she survived? Did Exodus or Cinder know? - but Navi, it was not. It was a different female entirely. She wondered where Damean had met her, but she decided not to dwell on it for very long. Damean had had a life before they met in Midnight Meadows, afterall. Echo could sense that there was something important this female had to say to Damean, and so she turned her attention back to the boy at Damean's side. "I don't mean to put you off. It's just a word of warning," she said to Conall. "I'm Echo."

Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Damean laughed while Echo pushed him away. "I found you!" he said excitedly and then watched as Crow said his hello then said something to Conall. He didn't hear it, soon Echo was saying something and Damean tilted his ears back slightly undertaken with how they were talking to him. He was just a pup. His mouth opened to say something but his eyes were drawn on another blue eyed pup. "Daija!" he walked over and smiled wagging his tail and looking... up ... at her. She had grown, they they all seemed to be growing she stood just a bit taller then he. "Wait..." his ears perked up and he looked around. "How did you get here? What's wrong? Talk to me" he said quickly and felt an anxious feeling growing in his tummy. Why was Daija here alone, and where are her parents. His mind was reeling as he stood there waiting for her to say something.

Back to top Go down
puppylove90766

Number of posts : 7
Pawprints : 15
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:55 pm

Alex walked around. Her fire colored fur shone while her bright blue eyes sparkled. She smiled as the sun shone on her.=
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 12:58 am

The older male watched Exodus as she stood up and moved next to him, making it clear that he wasn't going anywhere at the moment. He smirked, some mischief in his eyes. Fine by him. He tilted his head as well when she began to speak, and noticed her shift in character as she hung her head down low, looking at him with guilt in her eyes. He listened, curious about what brought on this sudden change. He blinked, his eyes filling with concern now. He nodded his head when she spoke of Jaded filling that gap... that wolfess had been good at everything she did. She may have been Damean's dark queen, but she'd had so much love to give, something that flowed subtly from her. Rawbones could understand what Exodus was saying. Damean Jr. had the entire pack.. yet none that he could call mom or dad. They were all here for him, he had admirers, friends and mentors but he lacked in that one area that was so very needed. Abandonment, loneliness, a sense of lacking... feelings the old bru was familiar with. "He needs someone sturdy to lean on when that time comes," he said, knowing he needed to stand up to his responsibility. The other would too, of course, but the youngster needed stability.

Almost as suddenly as Exodus had shared her feelings of uncertainty for Damean, she became playful again, of course with a little twist. Rawbones couldn't dwell on such unpleasant thoughts when she bumped him with her hip. It had been a long while since anyone had really connected with him, on a level more than just pack business. He had almost forgotten what a personal encounter could feel like, something that went below the surface and reached to draw towards his dulled soul. He would revel in this. He grinned at her when she joked, then let forth a gruff burst of laughter as she asked about his best memories from puphood.. "You're asking me to think back really far," he said with a low chuckle, then tried to think of something he could tell her. Good memories? There were not many beyond his days in the den, curled up warm with his mother and sisters. "It's hard to think of anything great," he said, though his voice did not betray any resentment, "The place I grew up in was violent in many ways... I don't know what stung more.. the bitter cold, or the Alphaess' bite. I don't think there is a wolf out there more vicious than she." He shook himself, remembering the wolves in that pack. But his mother.. his sisters.. they were the warmth of his heart during that first year.

"My mother was amongst the worst of them," he stated with a smirk, "But she reserved tooth and nail for any threat to her pups... me and my two sisters. Too bad the cold cannot be warded off, with no amount of love or fight. My smaller sister perished, our first time out of the den. I nearly did too, had it not been for pack's vigilant assassin, who found me covered by the snow." Was he sharing too much? He did not want to dampen the mood, but he didn't feel badly telling his tale. No one had really taken an interest in his past before, and she had asked. "But I could speak of many times I've tempted Death," a wily look entered his orbs, "What with all the icy cliffs, enemy threats and rabies." He had been lucky to survive the disease when most of his pack had died or been slaughtered by one another; had it not been for human intervention, he would have gone like the rest of them. "Too bad I was the only one," he said almost sullenly, but bit back the feeling. Not everyone had been killed... but those that mattered had. His father had returned at the worst possible time - not that Rawbones would have held back from killing the coward, regardless - but he had come into fray when the disease grasped him with its rage. That rage had been turned on many others as well, most of which were taken out by other wolves, but his mother was one he'd killed with his own fangs. Out of control of himself.. yet he retained the memory. He did not know where his sister went. Maybe she'd gotten away, but he would never know.

"Anyways, I suppose it was merely chance that led me here," he told her, shrugging his shoulders, "I had nothing to stride for, no goals. Just surviving, doing what I had to as a loner to protect myself. But I wouldn't trade this place for anything... so much has happened, good and bad, it's all been worth it." He looked at her, smirking, his tail waving. There was a sparkle in her eyes; something that seemed so enticing. Now he had to wonder upon her last question... his favourite thing to do? He hadn't done much enjoyable, really.. "You sure know how to make me draw a blank," he said, it was all he could really say to her, then spoke up mischeviously, "Something I've spent most of my days doing, which.. I suppose I quite enjoy... is chasing the very charming, and ever elusive femmes.." He grinned again, chuckling slightly. He hoped he hadn't bored her to death with his storytelling. Oh how that made him feel old, when he just wanted to feel young again. "It can't be helped," he said, shaking his ruffled pelt, realizing how matted and scruffy he must look, "Although, I suppose if I want to succeed, I need to groom proper."
Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:56 am

Tristan didn't ask questions. He gave Blade a stern nod and did as he was bidden. He could only hope that the years had wizened and calmed Akiko, for the sake of his life. Though if she attacked unprovoked, he supposed she had every right. Silently, he hoped that all would go well and that he would be given the chance to find a den for himself. His old three feet had taken him distances they hadn't seen since the days of their youth. As he followed, he wondered what Damean and Conall had gotten up to. And then he wondered whether or not his son would claim his own den if they were accepted to Jabbar. He was growing. Did he really need to stay so close anymore? It began to tug at his heart a bit, having watched his boy grow so fast. But he refused to let on, quietly limping on alongside his escort to the denning site.

Conall had been caught by Echo, though it seemed she took his wariness for disrespect. He shook his head rapidly to reassure her. "Oh no, I understand. He regarded you and Damean kindly, so I know he's no trouble. It's just that he's been very aloof around Dad and me. I'm sorry if I came across the wrong way. It's just that your pack has been unusually kind and he's... rather intimidating. Not even Rawbones made me shiver like Crow did. And he and my father have a... history." He cleared his throat and sat back, aware that he had been talking just a bit too much. He just didn't want to make a wrong impression. He could tell ties in this pack were very close and he was the last one to want to ruin it. The femme introduced herself. She didn't want to put him off, and neither did he. "It's good to meet you, Echo." He smiled, genuinely pleased to make her acquaintance. "I'm Conall."

He wondered what business Damean had with the new fae that had blown right by them. Daija, he called her, though she seemed somehow uncomfortable with the name as he blurted it out. Just in the way her brows came together when he said it. He watched the happiness and gaiety fade from his friend quickly as he searched for her past through his questions. He moved closer to Echo, leaning in and muttering, "Wonder what they're on about?"

From far off, she hadn't realized how much faster she had grown than Damean. When he got close and wagged, she was tempted to throw herself at him with a nuzzle, but she kept her cool. A wag and a smile in return would suffice. Beyond him she could see the other two observing. It was clear she had interrupted something. Depending on how this all turned out, it was possible that she would be on her way and out of their fur in no time. It was no wonder Echo hadn't recognized her. Their encounter had been brief. But she couldn't forget the interaction between her deliverer and the pack at Midnight Meadows that day. It had been rather strange. Though her thoughts slightly drifted, and only for those few seconds, she kept her focus on Damean. He was her only interest, but she had to admit she had no clue why she was here. Perhaps the initial shock back home had just taken the sense out of her.

He asked how she had gotten to Jabbar. She couldn't help a chuckle. "How did I get here? I walked, silly." But he saw past her cover, her happiness to see him, even if it was a true feeling. He knew something else was bothering her. She tensed, unprepared to have been asked such a question or for Damean to have been so keenly observant. A long sigh was exhaled from her nose. She took him in. He certainly was growing. He would be larger than her in no time. She only had the advantage on him now because she had been born just before him. His youth had given him sinewy muscle that she knew he would have no problem maintaining. He had inherited good blood. And his eyes were so... she realized that she was distracted, too lost in him for too long and still hadn't answered his other questions. She mentally shook herself loose and made to answer.

"Nothing's really wrong... I mean I guess it is..." She found herself searching. His face, the ground, her paws, his face again, as if searching for a response that she already had. "My mom. Liar. She's... she died. She got sick and died. And I haven't seen my dad in so long, and I don't want a pity party from Calypso, or Jack, or anyone. So I just kept going through the Lone Lands. And now I'm here. And-and Daija's not my name anymore. I don't know what it is, but some stranger gave Daija to me, and my mom never gave me a real name, and I don't want this one. But I don't know who I am or... I don't know Damean, I don't know and... and... I don't know what to do..." She had never expected to vomit up so many words. She had planned to maintain her cool, explain to him what had happened, pay her little visit, and be off. But here in the comfort of the only friend she really knew, everything came spilling out, and she didn't realize she had said it until it was done. Worse, where she hadn't cried leaving her mother's body in the den, tears were streaming down her face now as she faced him and two near strangers. She put a paw up to her face to smudge them into her fur. "I'm sorry. I'm interrupting your good time and I'm a mess." she murmured to the dirt. But when she looked back up at him, her eyes were still just as hopeless. She needed an escape route to just get out of their way. She could only wish that Damean would be cold, or not know what to do, leave her some kind of an outlet. But she could already see he was too kind for that.
Back to top Go down
puppylove90766

Number of posts : 7
Pawprints : 15
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:07 pm

Akele walked into the clearing. She felll to the ground with a thud and blood poured around her, she wheezed "HELP!"
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 7:25 pm

Echo did not immediately reply to Conall's explanation. It appeared that even adults had their conflicts. Again, she thought of Navi; the last time she had seen her, she had ran away absolutely furious with her, and all because of a simple misunderstanding. She wondered if the issue between Crow and Conall's father was the same... A simple misunderstanding. Echo finally shrugged in response. "Crow's actually pretty nice, compared to some of the others around here," she said, thinking of Akiko. "And I know you were just trying to protect your father... I would do the same for Exodus."

Then Conall came near, leaning in and asking about the strange fem that had appeared. Echo looked over her shoulder again, and upon further inspection, realized that she did know the fae... She was another one of the pups from Midnight Meadows. Echo couldn't remember if she had ever caught her name, though. Regardless, she looked... sad. So very sad. To the point where Echo could feel a knot in her chest, as if the fae's emotions were the wind and she was catching them. "We should leave them alone," she said to Conall, not wanting to get caught up in it. She found herself becoming more and more sensitive to others' emotions, and she had the feeling that it wouldn't be wise if she stuck around to find out why. "Let's go. Exodus said she would teach me how to hunt today. You could come along, if you'd like."

Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 1:12 am

OOC: Sorry Slivers, I was unclear. Tristan and Rawbones have a history, not Tristan and Crow.

"Ha, my dad can protect himself," Conall smirked. "It's my hide I've got to look after. I've got a feeling they wouldn't go after an old man like him." He jested of course, as Tristan was the last wolf he would dare to disrespect and the first one he would give his life for. But he did trust the pack. Perhaps too lightly for a newcomer, but so far, so good. he would give it that much. He was glad Echo was telling him what was what, though. Someone had to guide him, and he didn't mind her prodding in the right direction. She meant very well by taking him aside.

The ebon bru noticed that the conversation between Damean and Daija had quickly taken a turn for the worse, and he was more than glad to take Echo up on her suggestion. His tassel waved quickly, nervously. Things were certainly getting uncomfortable, and she wasn't the only one that sensed it. She mentioned a hunt with a woman named Exodus. His auds perked back up after having been pressed tightly to his skull, and the nervous wag became more of an excited one. "Sounds fun," he offered eagerly, "Who's Exodus?" He turned to pad away behind her, leaving a soft, uninterrupting bark for Damean to hear. Just so he wouldn't turn to see them gone. A soft spot in Conall made him ache for the sobbing femme. He felt sorry for whatever she was going through and hoped that Damean could sort it out... or at least help her.
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:17 pm

Exodus listened to Rawbones. He didn't answer her question but she wasn't going to press it. Inside he seemed to speak but his features had shifted from comfortable to not so much when he began to speak of his old life. She felt so bad for the old brute, but he had moved on pushed forward and was here now enjoying his time as much as he could. So she felt. "Chasing the ladies..." she laughed and shook out her pelt. "Well then, better go wash yourself up, never know when someone pretty might pop into your life, right?. Everything has been by chance, maybe someone special will show up" she smirked, though her chest tightened a little. She kept her smile though, her brain racing, her face remaining calm. "But before that, I... we should go see if Echo would like to join" She smiled and stepped around him flicking her tail in his face. "You do need a bath" she turned and winked at him playfully laughing then began to walk off.

Her long pillars carried her forward and when she broke free of the trees she stopped. "Oh my goodness..." she looked at all the pups. Damean. Echo... and two new ones who were just a bit older. Where did they all come from. Her eyes trailed to Crow and she raised her brows almost in question. How were they going to watch them all. She stepped up towards Echo and nudged her shoulder softly. "Who's your friend." she asked softly giving her a smile and then one to the young male.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Damean's eyes grew with each word she said. Her mother was dead, her father was gone, she hadn't seen him. He felt his heart race a little. So many lone pups. He heard the small bark and it broke his mind set and he looked over at Conall who was leaving with Echo somewhere. Jealousy flicked through his insides and he nodded to the other pup softly. 'don't think about that damean' he said internally to himself and then turned back to Da.. well that wasn't her name anymore. He wanted to say he was sorry but how could he be. He knew exactly what it was like to have no parents, but, he knew what it was like to have a family, she had none. "You know..." he said softly, tilting his head to the side. "You should stay here" he smiled. "I don't have parents either, and I know, it's hard, and I am very sorry... I am, and, specially since you knew her, and she was gone in a flash. But I want you to know we're all a family here, and you should stay. Don't wander, you'll never find anything that way. You have family here. Me. Echo. Conall. Akiko. Rawbones. Crow. All of us are a big family, you can join it" he smiled and wagged his tail.

"And besides. You don't wanna be apart of that goody too shoe place anyways. We have more fun here" he laughed out loud a little at his comment. "Just stay for a while, think about it... and if you don't wanna go back, and wanna call this place home... Crow will chase off anyone who comes lookin for ya. It'll be fun, just say yes" he smiled but his last words were almost commanding. He didn't want her to leave. She'd fit in fine, of course he didn't know the logistics of what a dark pack was yet... but he knew none the less what dark pack somewhat meant.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:33 pm

Rawbones couldn't help but to smirk when she laughed. Had he been suggesting something? Maybe.. probably, but he wouldn't even admit it to himself. He couldn't. This femme was his King's daughter, not by blood, but in his heart, which made blood irrelevant... he couldn't chase her. What would Damean have thought.. what would he have done if he knew? Surely he would have had his head; he wouldn't have some old ruffian tailing after Exodus. Still, his tassel waved and chest puffed a bit, laughing along with her and allowing the smallest of smiles when she said someone special might show up. That would be the day. He looked to the smile on her face, wondering about it. Then she said they should go see to Echo. He cleared his throat, shaking himself off. "Yes, of course," he agreed in his scruffy tone, "The youngster has much to learn." And then she went by him, flicking her tail in his face, teasing him with body and words. He stood still for a moment, a surprised look on his face, not knowing what to do or say. His gaze met hers just as she winked, and he grinned slightly. He didn't know what to think; she was sending mixed signals. Or was she? Maybe the signals she was sending were clear as day. He didn't know what to take from it. He shook his head, eyes closed as he chuckled to himself.

Then he followed her as she took off to look for Echo. They found the she-pup amongst several others. He smirked as he saw Exodus' expression to so many pups. He had already met Conall, and knew the young man would be amongst them. As he turned to the youth, the smirk faded and he nodded with a cold expression. He felt nothing towards the whelp, it was only his father that he felt tense around but he would not show anything to a stranger. His intstincts told him to destroy enemies, old and new, and he had to fight that feeling with Tristan. It would be an interesting life. He had gained some of his strength back, and he felt more like himself now; he wondered how he would react next time he saw Tristan. He licked his lips, a crazed glint entering his eyes for a moment, though he stared at the ground, hoping no one would see it. Then he forced it from his mind. He looked to the whelps, then came up with Exodus as she spoke to Echo. He knew Conall already, but he wondered how the boy had gotten separated from his father and ended up with Echo. He was glad to see Damean Jr. just to see that he was okay, and was amongst others roughly his age. The female he spoke to looked a little older, but not quite a yearling. He wondered what the dynamics would play out between the four pups; two male, two female. There would always be drama amongst young wolves, especially when they grew up together and the new feelings and hormones were fresh.

As he waited to hear what conversations would happen, he stretched his bod, getting himself comfortable. Then he reclined upon haunches, seating himself proudly with shoulders squared and giving an attentive look.
Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 2:25 am

Damean suggested she stay with them. She perked at this idea, plume beginning to wag slowly. They were all family? A dark pack? It was an interesting thing to hear. She could feel her grief quickly subsiding. The young femme had had her moment of grief, finally let herself break down, but now had no reason to continue doing so. The past was the past and there was nothing she could do to change that. If Liar was meant to go then so be it. If she had been meant to be taken at a young age, then so be it. And if she had been meant to show up in Jabbar, then so be it.

He invited her into his family. The slow lashing of her tail quickly grew to almost full force, joining his in tempo. There was an interesting sting that hit her when Damean called the Black Pearl a place for goody two shoes. They had always aligned themselves as neutral... And yet they always seemed so inherently pure. The sting wasn't a bad one. She wasn't offended. In fact, he was right. They were a bunch of goody two shoes. Especially Calypso. She was always so warm. But she always seemed to have something to balk or cry about. No, she didn't belong there. She saw things through an entirely different lens.

"Just say yes"... He gave her an option. She didn't know this Crow he spoke of yet, but she was sure she would. For a while she focused on the ground, thinking. Was this what she wanted? She hadn't been in the Pearl for very long, before that raised by Midnights here and there. She was growing, had come here purely by accident, and yet it felt like she was meant to be here, like she belonged. Looking up, her baby blues met Damean's, shining. What she wouldn't give to spend her days here, especially by his side. And now she was being given the chance. "Okay," she smiled widely, "I'll stay."

Conall noticed Rawbones approaching with another femme headed their way. He felt far less unease around this bru, though he had a feeling he should have. He nodded back, no friendlier than the greeting he had been offered. He watched him lick his chops and was a bit unsure about it. He had heard that Rawbones was crazy, at least from his father, as the missing eye was nothing short of proof of that. But he maintained his neutrality about the brute. Bygones were bygones, and ones that he hadn't been involved in. He dismissed the action, unaware of the glint in his eyes. He wouldn't have known what it was about anyway. He wasn't a mind reader.

He knew nothing about the attraction between Damean and Echo. And even if he had, his new friend truly had nothing to worry about. Echo was pretty, sure enough, but he wasn't interested. And he hardly knew her anyhow. His priorities were to the pack, hoping to gain favor and become a member soon. The black fae that was with Rawbones approached them, clearly surprised to see all these youngsters in one place. His tassel wagged in greeting. She seemed wonderful. He knew she was here for a reason, and that there must have been some darkness in her, but he couldn't see it immediately. This must have been Exodus. She prompted Echo with the question of his name. He made a small step forward and dipped his crown to her. "I'm Conall," he offered, feeling a bit more outspoken and comfortable after being given some time to play and fraternize. The young ebon bru showed her the utmost courtesy, but allowed a bit of his puphood to shine through. "Echo says we're going to hunt?" Though he tried to maintain a respectful stance, the excitement in his body language was undeniably clear.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:15 pm

OOC: That's okay, Moohn. It's not really an issue, just conversation

"Exodus is... kind of like my mother," Echo replied, looking over her shoulder at the approaching salt-and-pepper fae. It looked like she had been talking to an older wolf, one with a missing eye that she had yet to meet. But Echo was in no hurry, she knew she would meet everyone in time. She turned back to Conall. "I say 'kind of' because we're not blood-related... I wasn't born here, in Jabbar. I don't think I was even born in Fire and Ice. And I'm not sure who my real family is either." She said all of this with indifference. Some may have felt sorry for her, but there really was no reason to be. How could you miss someone you've never met?

Echo looked up at Exodus when she approached. "I was going to ask you if he and everyone else could come with," Echo said, her ears folding back. She pointed her nose at Damean and Daija. "I know you weren't expecting more than myself... But hunting's an important skill that we all need to learn. We're a pack... Teamwork is essential to what we do." She spoke with importance, but was not trying to tell her adoptive mother what to do. That would have been rude. "If that's okay with you, of course..."

Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 3:51 am

Exodus felt Rawbones come to a close. He was closed off again and she wasn't going to press him any further. When he sat down she looked at Conall then to Echo as she explained why he had mentioned hunting. Proud. That was one of the first things she felt towards Echo for speaking up about why a hunt was a good idea, why it was important. She wanted to nuzzle her little daughter but held back nodding. "Very good idea Echo I'm sure that the others would love that too, even the older wolves might like a hunt" she smiled a slightly toothy grin towards the pups then barked towards Crow to join them. It was then a lot of yipping sounded off and Damean was seen jumping a little around obviously excited from something the older pup had said.

His body grew tense with anticipation. She wasn't answering as fast as he wanted her to, he didn't want to pressure her into anything but he didn't want to push her into a decision. Finally though, she told him she'd stay and he yapped around a few times jumping a little and wagging his tail. "You're going to love it here! Promise. And we'll find out a name for you if you want. Something just for you. Then no one can change it." He smiled at her then turned seeing Echo talking with Exodus who had just called over Crow. "Come on, let's go tell everyone" he turned and pranced over, obviously excited to have yet another friend here. "Guys, welcome another family member to our little group" he smirked knowing that only Echo might understand. There were more pups here now, and they were the future of the pack. "What are we all doing?" He stood between Conall and Echo. He didn't know why he felt he had to, but he had to... And Dai... well. They needed to find a name. But he didn't... what was going on with him. He felt his temper rise a little, almost a control issue in his insides battled with his thought process. A look of confusion crossed his features as he looked at his paws... my how he had grown into them...
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 10:11 am

Blade stopped when they arrived, and said, "Akiko will probably be here soon." He'd positioned himself just in front of Tristan, between him and Akiko's den, figuring she was still inside. His companion was currently silent, as if in thought, but the topics were hidden, and he didn't want to look any deeper to try to figure it out.

At least the pack didn't have to worry as much about the future, as there were pups here now. Soon enough, though, they'd have to grow up to the expectations of the pack. They were old enough to learn not to be as open as the pure wolves, unless they already unconsciously picked that up. His thoughts briefly went to the recent wolves who'd come near after the war. Did aligning with Midnight Meadows cause the more pure of heart to think they could amble along and live here? Lucky for those wolves Balthier'd still been around, else they'd be in a worse situation. Others had sense to turn around and not bother to try to join the pack during Blade's rounds. At least in person, they still had their edge.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 10:53 pm

ooc: Akiko was lost waiting for sensable's reply, so i'll be sorting through and trying to decide where she needs to be and what's going >_<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd
Page 5 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next