Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

.:. Lacrimosa Lake

Go down 
+5
mikalaisangel09
jaredrion
Bear
Hendaron
__silvers__
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Silent
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2009-01-11

.:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 11:52 am

Ever obedient Robbie followed Chimera back into the woods to where they had previously been. The scent of deer still thick on the wind, grazing not too far from their position. His eyes wandered the herd instinctually seeking out the weakest member. Before he could speak Chimera spoke to him and his attention was instantly hers once more. His ears flicked back when she spoke of her desire for him to lead the hunt and he felt a moment of uncertainty but squashed it and nodded his head resolutely. I will not fail. A strange scent wrapped around his nose and he fought the urge to sneeze lest he alert the deer. It was foul smell, acrid and....something unsettling. He felt his hair raise slightly and his jaw clench but otherwise made no noise. What the hell was that? Chimera did not comment on it so he turned his attention back to the herd..

Just as he was making decisions to where and when to move in another wolf joined them. He cast his eyes at this femmora who was the kin of Evon. He wondered briefly if that added to her rank here or if she had one at all. Looking at Chimera to maneuver these politics he did not speak. It seemed she only wished to aid the hunt and nothing more, just like a pack. Swallowing Robbie nodded to her once it was finished. He wanted to get this done with as quick as possible, his whole being felt unsettled and he could not pinpoint why. Touching Chimera on the shoulder for a silent indicator of silence and not moving he turned suddenly and loped off into the trees. 

Very carefully he wound his way through the trees being cautious not to be seen. The wind was not favoring him at this angle but if he moved quick enough without alerting the herd who already seemed spooked it would end up working in his favor. Positioning himself as best he could  on the opposite side from where he had been previously standing with the two femmes he became aware that multiple members of the herd had their heads up, ears flicking nervous and searching the trees. Well damn, given away before it even started.. Huffing he shook his pelt in one last pull of courage dashed forth the deer already on edge plunged away from his startling form. He barked viciously as if he were a pack instead of only one. And just as his father had told him a long time ago there were always a few that broke away, always the fool that did not stay with the safety of the herd. A mother and younger doe dove into the forest...right towards the waiting pair..
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 1:08 pm

OOC: Also... Well, considering that Epica was originally my character, and Kippy's absence, I'm going to playing her for a while. I think we're all familiar with the current situation at hand. I'm only playing Epica because she is essential to this ongoing plot.

Temptation glanced at Robin. He was young, more than a yearling going by his size, and she questioned if he would have the ability to lead them. She didn't say this aloud, of course; she had confidence in this... What was her name? Chimera? Something like that, she wasn't quite sure how to pronounce it. Formalities had never been her strong suit. Regardless, Temptation understood that Chimera wasn't stupid. Evon may have put Epica in charge, but it was clear that Chimera was also suited to lead in their Queen's absence. Temptation herself had been missing for far too long to be considered anything important... Much less even be a part of the Lacrimosa pack, or what was left of it, anyways, salvaged together by Evon. She couldn't help but wonder what had happened, though. Where did their father, the legendary Master Nightwish and his elites, vanish like stardust? They were, as all Lacrimosas were, tied to the land and the lake. The most that could be assumed was that they were dead, and is why Evon heralded the pack as she did now, though it was from wolves of foreign blood... A peculiar decision, by Evon's standards. Did she even try to have pups of her own? It would have preserved their family much more than adoption.

Wrapped up in these unanswered questions and strange revelations, she almost didn't notice that the hunt was now underway. She slunk next to Chimera's right flank, and to her surprise, found Epica on the left side, who pulled up into place without remark or announcement. She must have been listening in on them the entire time. She found it surprising that her sister had accepted following both Rob, a scant yearling, and Chimera, a foreign leader, on the hunt. Was this just another example of how things had changed since she had been gone? Temptation wasn't sure. Her sisters had never shown any sign of change in the past, why would they now?

Rob's bark echoed down the clearing as he burst into it, scattering the herd, and sending two does their way. Temptation readied herself for Chimera's signal, but Epica broke rank and launched herself at the closer of the two, appearing like the white jaws of death from the shadows. She tackled the deer at its shoulder and clung onto it, but was not enough to weigh it down just yet. She snarled and clawed at it, refusing to give up, and Temptation looked to Chimera in shock for some kind of direction. For one, it was a surprise that Epica had shown up in the first place, and for another, it was not a surprise that she ignored Chimera's lead and took initiative. The other doe was coming closer, and a decision had to be made, and Temptation had never made for a decent hunter...
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 5:52 pm

Chimera felt Rob's touch to her shoulder and she gave him an approving glance. She would watch as he moved, ghostlike through the trees and disappeared quickly. She knew instinctively that he would drive the herd toward them. That would have been what she would have done...though one had to be careful lest the trap be sprung before it should be. The wind wasn't in their favor...but if he was good...he could make due.

Chimera moved closer, slowly. Making sure that she wouldn't be seen nor heard by the grazing herd. SHe brought herself into position noting how Temptation seemed to follow her without question. It surprised her and pleased her at the same time. However when Epica approached she flicked an ear to question her slightly but said nothing. The hunt was on. Rob's bark came from across the herd. The deer startled. 

They came. 

And just as the two does came and she was about to give her signal and leap forth Epica broke rank and took down the closer of the two. Snarling she didn't wait. She motioned for Temptation to attack as the other doe loomed closer. 

The doe startled at Epica's attack of her companion and had reared up trying to pivot and run away from the attackers. Little too late. Chimera sprung and her own teeth sunk into the side of the deers neck. She would have had her throat if it weren't for Epica's  brashness. Pulling hard though she unbalanced the doe, her feet skittered under her and she stumbled. Chimera hoped that Temptation would end this. Because once it was ....she was going to see to Epica. She may have been put in charge but there was no need to pull rank like that. 

She almost ruined the hunt. 
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Pawprints : 1938

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:20 pm

Robbie was hot on the edge of the fleeing herd snapping and barking to drive them crazy with fear. Through the flash of brown bodies he saw his companions leap from the trees... but what was this? Trying to get to them as fast as possible he now saw that Chimera and Epica each held on to a deer but it was not nearly enough. Why had they been so foolish as to try and take one down on their own? Robbie yipped, legs stretching as he doubled timed it over to his pack and with long sure glides he leapt upon the deer that Epica had tried to subdue, he felt a hoof hit his hip and he let loose a shrill cry but instinctively cut it off. Fire burned through his side but he couldn't let the pain take him yet. He trusted Temptation to aid Chimera but he never put his faith in miracles. Limping now he renewed his assault on the deer managing to throw off its balance even further by messing up its footing. In a flash the beast came crashing to the ground in a flurry of kicks and moans, calling for help. Backing up he hoped that Epica was quick enough to end it and his eyes flashed, sides heaving, what had happened to Chimera?
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Pawprints : 1971

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:06 pm

Temptation froze, paralyzed in such a quick decision, she wasn't sure which to make. Chimera sprang upon the other doe without so much as a word, colliding with it and knocking it into the dirt, while her sister clung on to the first one, her weight pulling down on it and exposing its neck. Which one should she help? The doe beneath Chimera thrashed and bleated with terror, and - to Temptation's relief - Rob's lightning form came to take down the doe with her sister. But the doe kicked him and he backed away, but as it began to right itself again, Epica took her kill. She sank her jaws into its neck and ripped out the jugular, a stream of blood spraying onto the autumn leaves, but it disappeared in the copper foliage. Epica's doe stumbled in a heap, gasping for its dying breaths, defeated. It was in the middle of all of this did Temptation finally make her mind up and charge for the doe that Chimera held onto, springing, her teeth and talons sinking into the doe's flank, using her weight to pull it down with Chimera still attached. Chimera was closer to the neck to begin with. She would end the kill.

Epica's hard, saffron eyes watched as her sister leapt, almost a moment to late, to aid Chimera in taking down the other doe. When it was down, she turned to Rob, breathless from the attack. She smirked in approval, but said nothing to indicate as such. Unlike both of her fair sisters, she was one of few words, and when spoken, she was straight to the point. He was watching their companions, particularly Chimera. Epica briefly wondered what interest he had in her... but only briefly. What one wolf did with another was child's play; Epica already had a lover and a son, one of who was dead and the other who had wandered off for his own selfish interests. It was pointless to gossip about others or pursue anything otherwise.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:32 pm

Chimera held the doe, anger flashing in those yellow eyes. She was only too happy that Temptation finally came to her assistance and pulled the doe down so she could release and feel the metallic taste of copper on her tongue when she ripped the doe's throat out. She didn't even wait for the doe to breathe it's last gasping breath when she rounded on Epica. 

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" She snarled, hackles up and fur bristled. She wanted to attack this bitch for almost ruining the hunt. Who did she think she was. There was an order to things and Epica thought she could do so much better than the group. Her yellow eyes flashed angrily for a second to Robbie. Why did he aid her and not come to her side where he belonged??? He should have never helped her bring down the other doe...she was out of line.

She took a deep breath and eyed Epica accusingly, tail high in the air showing her own rank. 
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:48 pm

The silence was heavy in the midst of heavy panting but it was also short and fleeting. In the next moment anger rent the space with Chimera's harsh voice ringing out. He flinched instinctively even though he was not on the end of the anger. His eyes were on the ground, he had stopped moving once he had been reassured that Chimera was well but now...now pain flooded him and he felt as if every breath was agony. Every pull brought a wave a pain that made his vision red and he found his breathing become hoarse. He could not see the betrayal in  Chimera's eyes anymore than he could see the mounting tension between the two faes. To him the world was becoming increasingly narrow. He stood his head bowed, hunger forgotten. He squeezed his eyes tight and tried to shut out the pain. "I.....need to.....go lie down..." He rasped and but he found he couldn't bear the thought of moving. He must've broken a rib when that doe kicked him...either that or he was dying..the thought was almost funny. To come here and die by a kick.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 10:40 pm

A familiar smirk pulled upon Epica's dark lips; one that strongly resembled that of her more sinister sister, seeing Chimera fuss over the stunt she had just pulled. She knew she was in trouble, but admit that she had messed up? Absolutely not. "I'm hunting," Epica bristled, hairs rising on the back of her neck, tail swaying alongside her hackles. "I saw an opportunity. One that you missed. I took it. It's something I thought Evon would have taught you, as all Lacrimosas are taught." Epica's amber eyes challenged Chimera; even Temptation could see it. The two does lay dead before them, but she could see that neither of the females cared. It wasn't prey blood they were after, it was each other's. She saw Robbie duck away, and Temptation made it a wordless excuse to follow.

Even as her sister left, Epica's gaze did not leave Chimera's. "Don't be so quick to think yourself so tall," Epica said, raising her head and her tail with pride. "I may have been absent, but these woods, this lake, is where my sister and I rule. It perplexes me why she would take in such an outcast like you." Epica wanted to know, truly. Thought familial bonds ran strong in her veins, she was using it. Seeing what made this fem tick. It had been a while since she had a fair spar, anyways. She would push Chimera's boundaries, testing her strength and weaknesses, and then it would be quite interesting to see what would come about that.

Temptation, meanwhile, followed after Rob, but he moved quickly, before she could see which direction he had gone. "Rob?" she called out like a songbird. "Where are you? If... If you're scared of them, it's okay... Or if you're not, that's okay too..." She traipsed through the autumn foliage of the forest and inhaled, trying to pick up his scent, but it was difficult as the snow began to fall and cover where he had vanished. She wasn't sure why she was following him, but she knew that what was happening between Chimera and Epica wouldn't be pretty.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 5:49 pm

Chimera snorted as she watched Epica bristle at her. "I wouldn't call that hunting I would call that stupidity." she said lifting her chin willing her hackles not to rise, being the epitome of calm as Evon had always taught her to be. "Putting packmates at risk for some folly to find an excuse to challenge me." She flicked her tail in dismissal. "I would have thought as Evon's sister you would have been more choosy about the games you play." She taunted cooly as if stating a fact. 

Her golden eyes never left CHimera's and she saw the challenge there. "I think you are the one that should pause a moment before you think you are bigger than the fur you stand in. You may be her blood but I follow her not you..." she said feeling the sting of her words of outcast. "Perhaps." She said walking around Epica as if sizing her up. "Perhaps she saw something in me she didn't see in the ones who have been absent all this time." She said to her sweetly taunting trying to draw her to strike. 

Evon had taught her well. She did not fear this wolfess.

Calm fury lay underneath the smooth fur of her pelt. Her hackles not up for she didn't want Epica to think she felt her a threat at all.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 2:23 pm

A chuckle bubbled from Epica's maw. "Amusing," she quipped, tail still tall, now swinging as Chimera walked around her, hissing like a snake. Epica regarded her with the same calmness; an adaptive trait of those that tread these wooded lands. "Because I do not consider you nor that boy to be my packmates. The only one present of my pack is Temptation. It's in the blood; our blood that stains this land," she replied. It was with these words that Epica could see where Evon had purpose for this self-indulged fae, and it amused her even more. She took a bold step outward of this stupid vulture-circling business Chimera was imposing to speak. "You think Evon chose you because she wanted you as a replacement of her own blood? Preposterous, but not far from the truth."

It was bait. Chimera's turn. Would she bite or would she flee? They were already caught on the battlefield. At the same time, Epica couldn't help but wonder if Evanescence had told this fem the legend behind Lacrimosa, the lore of the lake. The scar of the woodlands. The curse of the blood...
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 3:10 pm

Chimera watched the chuckling Epica with disdain. "That is what makes you weak Epica." She commented to her claim as they weren't pack. "And it leaves you vulnerable." She stopped surveying her. "There is strength in numbers and if my blood is spilled for Evon so be it. She holds my loyalty ...not you." She snarled and stared at the other fem boldly, it was then she noted that Rob was no longer here. Her ears pinned then came up, that presented a problem. Not that she was dependent upon him for back up but he was 'her' plaything and the stupid move that Epica had made now caused her concern for him.

"Enough of your chatter songbird. There are better things to be done than marring your pretty white coat right now."She said non chalantly. "Rob!" she called, a demand more than a request. Where had the others gotten off too?
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 11:07 am

So she would flee. Epica sighed, disappointed, and shook her head in response. "At least I know who my parents were," she shrugged, unabashed by Chimera's insult. Speaking of which, where was her own spawn, Mav? She snorted. She had plans for the boy when he was grown, but for now, he was free to wander, as children do. That, and if those plans were never culminated, it wouldn't be the end of everything. She wasn't hellbent on ruling the world as her sister or father were. She raised a brow at Chimera's bark for Rob.

"Can't do without your boyfriend?" she teased, approaching one of the deer and ripping into it. The others would come, they weren't servants to those that didn't want to leave the lake. They would be able to smell the meat and the blood on the mist, or at least, they should. That's how messages used to be carried out. Things had changed since the last she had been to Lacrimosa Lake, but the small things were familiar...
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 5:01 pm

Rob had managed to drag his body away from the feuding fems though through the haze of pain he wasn't sure how he had even gotten so far. He was in the woods alone, fire rocked through his sides and every breath was excruciating. The world went black, spots dotted his vision and he felt his legs give but he didn't feel himself hit the ground. His breathing was becoming more labored, the waves of pain more insistent..he opened his eyes trying to orient himself and he saw the treeline spinning above. Squeezing his eyes shut he tried to focus. He needed to get to a healer but who...who was the healer here? His mother would know how to fix this..his mothers face swam into view, her soft voice tinkled his ears. Rob...Where are you? Mother...Mother I'm here...The words floated away and a different voice replaced it, unfamiliar but still he knew it, another wave of pain took him then the world went black before his sense came back moments late...It's okay...Those were the last words he heard before he let out a whining bark, this agony was unbearable. "Please..." He whispered before his body shuddered, he felt it rolling up his throat before his body was seized with a fit of coughing. His eyes blurred, on the ground in front of him, blood spackled the dirt from his cough and then he slipped into darkness once more.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 10:31 am

Chimera lifted her lips in a silent snarl. She knew who her parents were but was not going to give more fuel to this bitch's fire. If she knew her parents were siblings that would just make things worse. She flattened her ears at Epica's rude comment. "You know nothing do you?" She said flicking her tail and shaking out her pelt. "Everything has purpose." She sniffed watching her tear into the deer. "Even you I suppose." Dismissing Epica she turned to look for Rob. 

Ever faithful he wasn't by her side to be at her command. This fueled her fires an she felt a rumble grow in her chest. "ROB!" she demanded again and when he didn't appear she set out to find him. She followed his scent and found Temptations along with it. The thought of that raised her hackles a bit. Pressing forward she fell silent as she stalked Rob's trail aiming to find him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

.:. Lacrimosa Lake
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11