Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wretches & Kings [MB]

Go down 
+9
White wolf
akkanatrum
Bear
Silent
Hendaron
FoSsY
Starrlight
EDITOR
__silvers__
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:05 pm

OOC- it ate my post Sad

The two greyhounds nodded, leaning down and grabbing the nape of the calf simultainiously. They then turn to Tauro and Kane and start following, the calf half dragging half being carried along the ground. Small paws hit the ground almost silently, a gift of being a greyhound. Though the two didnt look it, they had their fair share of strength.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 5:13 pm

Nikita would pause for a drink and then would wade in to clean her coat. She was meticulous for being clean...at least...not blooded. Prey smelled blood easily...she wanted to keep herself as invisible as possible to what they would hunt in the future. She came out of the water and licked at her coat until there was no trace of pink. She flicked her tail and wandered about the dens and stretched out with a yawn. Her ears flicked forward though catching two new scents wafting to her from the trees. Dog...mmm? Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

Number of posts : 471
Pawprints : 867
Registration date : 2011-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 3:10 pm

Tauro gave the newcomers a quick glance, but nothing more. For now, they where irrelevant to his business. Grabbing the cow on the opposite side of then neck where Kane had grabbed it, he threw a little of his strenght, and together, the job of draging the cow was as easy as possible. He was still thinking which rank or job Jack would assign him to. He doubted he would be assigned to hunting, he preffered an opponent that faced him head on, not one that runne daway at the merest glimp of an enemy.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 4:14 pm

Kane saw the gears turning in Tauro's head as he anazlyzed his words but in the end he decided to help which was for the best. As he was about to answer him, two dogs came strolling into the area, lithe and long creatures Kane automatically picked them out to be greyhounds. Running dogs, perhaps not good to supplement the gruff strength of the pack but he knew Jack would find use for their talents. His appraisal of the pair was quick. Any type of dog would probably not wish harm against them so he merely shrugged. "It is Jack you seek then. Make yourselves useful and drag along that calf and I shall lead you to an audience with him." Looking at Tauro he nodded. "Only one trip then." He bent down to grab the carcass but paused and threw the two newcommers a look. "And keep in mind this is pack food, when and if you get accepted you may eat if you are hungry." With that he grabbed at the neck of the elk and began the slow process of dragging the meat back to the dens. Though with as much as the pack had eaten the load was not nearly as terrible as it could have been.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:08 pm

Two greyhounds, Bos and Viator, gallop through the trees, shaking sand out of their pelts. They turn their heads and see Tauro and Kane. They sit down for a minute or two to catch their breaths before standing up and trotting up to Tauro and Kane, long legs propelling them over the ground quickly. They lower themselves onto the ground and watch the two dogs for a couple minutes as they eat. Viator grimaces and shies away from the male, pushing herself against her brothers side. Both wonder what the elk tastes like, as they only hunted hares due to their small numbers and quick gaits. "Hi there." Viator began. " Its a pleasure to meet you both. We were hoping to join this pack. I'm Viator."

"Im Bos." Bos added.

Both voices are regal. Even laying down they look regal. They both sat as they waited for an answer.

Last edited by wolfquestlover09 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 6:06 pm

Tauro gave Kane's words a quick thoughtfor several seconds, and at the end, he decided two things. One, that he know knew how Kane probably viewed all the newcomers. (except maybe the females, that was an unsure point) And two, that he would help him. Not only was resistance towards leadership stupid and futile, Tauro knew that whoever came out of the fight as a winner, the strenght of the pack as a whole would be jeopardised. Tauro shruged. And it was a good way to get some body exercise, he would grow a belly on all this rich meat if he didn't watched. Being used to dry food given by humans wasn't what you could call an advantage, altough he knew he was better of then any streetdogs here.

"Okay, can I propose we start dragging the cow first? That would take a lot more energy and time, and maybe we can send some of the others back to fetch the calf."
He waited for Kane's approval before making a move.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:06 pm

Ooc: Wolfsrain89 You must be more specific in your posts, who is the 'them' that your wolf has approached? There are many characters on this board, not all of them are together. Thank you for clarifying.

Silent
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

Number of posts : 328
Pawprints : 573

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:12 pm

Anubis had torn off bit by bit of tendon and muscle with haste, the pieces sometimes too big to fit in his maw at once. It was hard to beat the satisfaction of diminishing hunger this way. His stomach pained for more as soon as he started, so deprived of fresh meat, when it was used to ingesting trash and fatty scraps. He failed to truly pay attention to what the “alpha dogs” had said, but as far as he knew, he wasn’t needed for anything. (Kane’s “show”, however, almost brought him to congratulating the Rhodesian, but he merely went back to consuming. Compliments weren’t really his strong point). He couldn’t remember the last time he ate since the city. Finally, his body replenished and fulfilled, he trotted back from the carcasses towards the main area. He seemed headed for the dens, but he wasn’t one to nap. He rarely slept ever, for the sake of survival instinct. He used to just stare into the night and wait for things to be safe again…He didn’t intend on socializing with the other dogs just yet, either, unless they were to approach him. For the moment, he didn’t care what he did with this instance of spare time.
Back to top Go down
WolfsRain89

Number of posts : 21
Pawprints : 36
Registration date : 2012-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:28 pm

Locus strides up to them, his tags clinking together. He sits down next to them. "Hullo. I'm Locus, and I heard that someone over here was startin' a dog pack. I was hoping to join." His tail taps slowly on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:17 pm

Kane took his fill of the meat and instantly he felt some aches falling away. For once he was wholly sated and loving every second of it. No more scraps of bones and dirty leavings in the alleys to appease their appetite, this was how it was meant to be. To live in the wild where they could have so much freedom, a pack of their own and land to roam on. Another male approached to have his fill. The she dog stalked away with Jack and Blue so he eyed the bru. "Once you're done, you going to have to help me drags these back got it?" He spoke in a tone that brooked no argument. He may not have been at the forefront but Kane had come here with Jack to make this pack and it would higher ranking than any newcomer.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:48 pm

Nikita would sate her hunger. Oh the hot blood of the beast that she was never before allowed to eat was only too rich and satisfying. She settled back and began to groom her snowy pelt of the blood upon her chest and maw when she heard Jack's words. She gave a nod and then looked to the others. That new male that had brought down the calf himself held strength to him.

She stood shaking her pelt and would blink those keen eyes as she moved to carry her lanky body toward the main lands once more. It felt good to have a home. A place to lay her head. Her belly full she was ready for a nap she thought. Pity she didn't know any of this lot well enough to feel comfortable curling up next to.

She shifted slowly. Pausing only to watch Blue and Jack go off together to speak. Eh...it was none of her business what they spoke about at the moment. She really wasn't concerned. A wide yawn and she trotted toward the densite.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:04 am

"I went around to get a lay of the land, and honestly, hunting isn't my sort of thing, guess I never really have given it a try." He licked his large canines when Jack told him they had managed to get a kill. "Guess I'll check it out then. If you happen to have some work for me, I'll report back to you after I have gotten my fill." He nodded, as a salute to his leader. His military habits where still lingering. He then made way towards the forest where the metal tang of blood was in the air.

Upon approaching the field where the kill had been made, Tauro immediatly noticed the second smaller body of a calf next to the cow. While there had been no need in his eyes to kill two prey, he appreciated it for now, because they wouldn't always have that much luck. He chose to eat fromthe larger prey, and started churning off large pieces of flesh, slowly but steadily filling his stomach.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 5676107855_fe8c57623f_z

Jack raised his head, his belly warm and full from the kill. He spied Kane coming from the direction that the elk herd had fled, pulling the calf that had gotten away. Jack didn't smile, but no words had to be said for Kane's action. The Rhodesian was capable of doing just about anything, and for that, Jack was thankful. It was brutes like him that Jack found he trusted the most, because they obeyed without question, and did exactly what needed to be done without prompting. He nodded as he dropped the calf next to the cow. "We will have to locate a safe place for it. No sense keeping it for the coons," he said, and turned to Blue, who also raised her head, finished eating. All it took was a silent look between them for Blue to understand that he wished to speak with her out of earshot from the others. He turned to look at them. "I am headed back to the main lands. Come when you are finished."

He turned away and headed into the brush whence they came, Blue following behind him. She came up beside his shoulder. "What's on your mind?" she asked. "And don't lie and tell me that you haven't been thinking. You've been on edge lately."

"Lately?" he scoffed in reply. "We're in the belly of the beast here, Blue. Wolves could invade at any moment. If that one wolf that was here when we were gets a pack together, we don't have enough numbers to take them down."

"But unlike them, we have the strength. We may be the outsiders, but we have the advantage. They're used to fighting other wolves, and only other wolves. We've fought all kinds of creatures. They should be the ones afraid of us, not us afraid of them. Now, what do you need me to do?"

Jack smirked. "I need you to recruit. I need you to pay a small visit to the other packs around here, and sniff out the dogs. I'm sure that there are some that were absorbed into the wolf packs because they didn't have the strength or leadership to form their own. Well, I think it's only fair that they should know that things in their little world is about to change."

"I'm on it," Blue replied, and drifted apart from him. Jack watched her head eastward, her blue-black form disappearing over one of the many mossy boulders littering the rocky landscape of Hamara. He had no doubt that she would carry out her duties without question, as Kane did. The only difference was that Blue had been by his side longer than Kane, and had been through almost all of the things that had happened in the City. They had survived the human Stark, the dog fights, the gang wars... and now, they were going to survive living in the wild with the wolves. Between the three of them, they had the strength to take on anything.

Jack discovered Tauro at the log jam. "Where were you at the hunt?" he asked, curious. The large dog's size certainly would have helped, but if he wasn't a very good hunter, it had made sense that he had stayed behind. Some one had to be the watchdog of the main lands for wolves. "There's an elk kill half a mile south of here, if you're interested."
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Kane had taken position on the edge of the procession his presence gone unnoticed by the others. He saw Blue lead the new dogs to the dens and he had no inclination to join them. After all what was he if not the alpha's headsman? An aloof overseer that had the brawn to keep danger at bay. But he was mortal just as much as the others and he too hungered. It was a trying journey to this place and they had yet to settle in well enough to have a good meal and there were no dumpsters to scavenge from in this place. Circling round to where his pack was harrying a group of elk he saw that they had it under control and he knew that Jack would be testing the dogs.

Kane couldn't help but stand alert in sight of the hunt taking place. He was a ridgeback, born and bred to hunt large game. His body was a testament to this with a thick powerful torso tapering off into a lean body. He was a tad larger than most hence the reason he was able to survive so long. Natural selection at its finest. Sometimes he thought that he was perhaps not pure bred because of this but all of his traits attested to his ridgeback bloodline and he had no qualms with his lot.

Elk were scattering and Kane felt his body itching forward in the need of a hunt. The wolves at the border had risen his ire though he was too even tempered to show it. Lowering his body he could not help but race into the throng, his companions had taken down the cow at this point but he had eyes only for the calf bleating in terror as it tried to race away in the safety of the herd. Slower and clumsier than the rest it lagged behind making unsure dodges and footfalls. It was in this calf Kane would sate his inner beast. Bolting forward his long strides brought him within range in a few instances. The calf none the wiser did not see him until his peril was too great.

Wildly the calf chased after the adults and Kane knew that it would be moments until he was able to get a hit on it. His terror filled the air with a sharp pang but it was not his place to feel guilty when prey cried for mercy. The herd abandoned one of its own and with no saviour in sight Kane closed in bulling his way into the side making it stumble but it was still on it's feet. Quickly A befit his talents he danced around sending it back the other way. Cut it off from the herd, lesson number one in the hunt.

Lesson number two, make it bleed and tire it out. Barking seemed to put it in a panic. The wolf did not bark and the unfamiliar noise seemed to confuse it even more. One, two step, Kane's teeth got into its flank, three steps and it tripped. It's body shaking with stress and reeking of fear. It was a young thing and unlike the adult it lay there in submission waiting for the death strike.

Kane would say it was a good fight and the little calf died with dignity only thrashing out once as Kane clamped down on its throat. It's life went quickly then and he looked up to see multiple sets of eyes watching from the depth of the forest. A bull stepped forward as if to come back for it's fallen companion but thought better of it and with a signal he turned and loped away, his herd right behind him.

Rising to his feet he looked across the clearing to where his pack was. His whole show had been on display but he hadn't done it for them. Though a little respect wouldn't harm his position in the pack. Leaning down he grasped the back of the neck and began the process of dragging his kill towards his companions. By the time he made it within yards of them and dropped his kill his chest was heaving with his recent efforts. Licking his bloodstained muzzle he met Jack's eyes and nodded. "Best to store this one away." He said simply and trotted around all of them and standing next to Blue began to dig into the cow, sating his hunger.

Ooc: I'm baaaack >Smile
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 2:52 pm

Anubis had merely hid at the flank of the group of elk, standing his ground hidden among the brush. He had let out hoarse, muffled barks as the animals stampeded past and scattered across. He wasn’t about to be trampled for nothing. Anubis finally emerged when the hooves had stopped, only to catch a glimpse of the other three tearing into a doomed cow. Their incisors had worked collectively to scissor and surgically cut the cow’s hind to pieces. The three of them were covered with dark red elk blood, the tribal marks of their kill. At Jack’s words stinging his pointed dark ears, Anubis fully revealed himself from the brush he had moved to beside the battle scene. He grumbled as he walked forward, kicking the ground ahead of him in dissatisfaction. “err…I missed all the frickin’ action.” He moved to find himself a spot for feasting between the other dogs. He indicated the heap of elk as he dug into his first gory tears of the well-appreciated meat. “These things are better put on a human’s wall.” With food, he shut up. The accumulation of blood on his wheaten pelt had made him appear just as prestiged as the others. He was remotely happy to be apart of them.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 7:42 pm

Nikita lent her weight to Blue when she finally joined her. Then before too many more heartbeats passed by Jack took the cow's life. The gurgling sound bubbled forth as the cow tried to bellow fruitlessly through the torn windpipe. Nikita lent her weight to the pushing of the cow and she stumbled to the ground. Falling before their 'alpha's' feet. Nikita let go moving out of the way of the dying cow's flailing legs and she licked the crimson from her pale muzzle. She had blood down the white waves of fur down her chest, looking rather nightmarish. She panted as well quite happy that their kill had fallen so easily.

Jack approached and her dark eyes would study him as he came close. She tipped her head. "Very vell." She said flicking her tail and then approached the kill. He said they were equals...and they would eat as equals....which was appreciated. She took a deep breath and bent her muzzle to the hot blood. She gave her tail a wag as she sided Blue and began to eat. Her belly was raw with hunger. The hot blood so satisfying and nourishing.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 7:08 pm

Jack's sharp eyes spotted Nikita's position, both a powerful position to keep the cow in place, but also extremely vulnerable. "Blue!" he barked, and Blue was at Nikita's side, locking her own jaws onto the cow's belly. The elk had been leaning towards them, but Blue pushed against the weight, and combined with Nikita's strength, their prey began to lean the other way. Jack now made his leap for the kill, landing on the cow's shoulders; Blue stumbled at the sudden weight, but with Nikita beside her, they were able to hold their ground as Jack plunged his incisors into the elk's neck, jumping off with his mouth still around her, ripping her jugular and breaking open her windpipe. A horrible sound echoed throughout the land and then the elk choked. Blue continued to push on the elk and she toppled over onto the grass, the kill landing at Jack's feet.

The rust-hued German Shepherd panted, blood covering his front, but blending in with the dark, mottled hues of his coat. "Well done, Nikita. Take the title of a hunter, and when we have more followers, you will be most suited to train them if they need it," he said, and then cast his gaze into the shadows, where Anubis had been waiting. "Come forth, Anubis. We, unlike wolves, dine together. We are a family, a gang, and let it be known as an honor that we eat our kill as equals." He then ducked his head down and began to consume the thick, raw muscle his bite from earlier had revealed. Blue nodded and began the feast as well, eating from the belly that Nikita had torn open. There was plenty of meat for everyone and more.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 6:21 pm

Nikita didn't wait long to attack after her companions. Her snake like head flattened and she lengthened her stride. Darting in with sharp fangs as the cow kicked at Blue and sunk them into her belly with a ripping tear throwing her weight back causing the cow to stumble. She bellowed and her bad leg caved and she went down on one knee leaving her to throw her head up and back trying to regain her footing and yet leaving her wide open for attack. Nikita's fangs held the cow's belly, leaning her weight back causing the cow more difficulty to rise though she was gaining footing fast.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:58 pm

Everyone took their position. Blue tailed Jack to the far end of the herd, the opposite of Nikita, slinking low beside the fallen logs and boulders of the rough terrain. Now, they were able to see what they were hunting - elk. "Strange," Jack muttered, dark eyes on the large creatures. "I didn't expect elk in our neck of the woods..."

"Perhaps you should give Anubis more credit," Blue suggested. They never would have found the herd without his help, afterall.

"Maybe," Jack replied, rolling the muscle on his shoulders, tensed for things to begin. They could see Nikita moving through the brush, her white coat barely visible, but visible enough if one was looking for her. The elk didn't even turn. And then she rushed, charging a calf and an elderly cow their way, leaving the final decision up to them. "The cow," Jack muttered, and then burst from their hiding place, snarling both the cow and the calf. The calf screamed and bolted off with the rest of the herd, leaving them to focus their energy on the cow. The cow reared up on her hind legs in fright, kicking and slashing her hooves; Blue circled around her, still slinking low to the ground, and pounced onto her left flank, sinking her teeth into a mass of fur and flesh. The elk came back down and kicked her back leg, throwing Blue off, but it would take much more than a throw to keep her down. She darted for the cow's legs, watchful of the hooves, while Jack made a dive for her neck. His teeth clipped hair, missing by mere centimeters, but whipped around and bit the cow in the side, tearing her flesh with his teeth, a dark red patch of blood in its place. It wouldn't take much to bring the elk down, and Blue and Jack could easily do so, but they were not the only ones on the hunt - Anubis and Nikita still had their roles to play...
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 3:31 pm

[I am pulling my char out of the thread, as i have missed way to much to catch up without writing a page long post >_<, my bad]
[EDIT: silvers pm therapy Wink ]
[EDIT²: juqt placed the post below, I hate double posting]

Tauro had followed as last in the line, and remained silent while they where heading towards the so called headquarters. It looked like a pile of rubbish damming a river to him. He didn't commented on it though. He listened to Blue's explenation, but didn't commented on it. It seemed reasonable to him. Jack, the appearant leader of this bunch arrived, and shutted up the rather noisy terrier, and proclaimed he would organise a hunt. Tauro only shrugged, and followed Nikita and Bleu when they went of inspecting the nearby resting dens. He took a turn there, and chose one of the larger dens, and tried to see if it would fit him. It did, altough just, and it was dry, so he was fine. He wasn't planning on going out hunting anyway, and as it seemed the hunting party (along with the majority, if not all of the present dogs) was taking off, he decided to make a walk around the land, so he would get some sort of understanding why this ravaged piece of terra had been chosen as pack land.

Coming out of his newfound den (which he had already adequatly "marked", his fur, and thus scent was all over it) , he saw the hunters dissappearing inside the forest, the small teckel leading. Odd. He wouldn't give it a second thought, and started making his way arround. He had hoped to find some company to talk, but it seemed all had left, the great hunters they where. He chuckled with that thought. Food would become a problem, as long as there was no organized hunting going on. He didn't wanted to underestimate this Jack's leading capabilities, he seemed like a good dog to him, strong enough to make a point, but friendly too, for not to be (completly) feared (a bit of fear never hurted though). He knew you couldn't lead by force and terror alone. That's what made him such a bad leader. He was also wondering what his position and role would be,as he was no hunter, but a killer. With a war most likely to unfold, he knew he could be of great value, as he had seen war on a scale dogs and wolves couldn't fight out.

A form under a broken log had attracted his attention, and he moved closer to inspect it. It appeared to be some kind of deer had been stuck under the log during the storm, drowned when the small pool it had been lying in had been filling to a small pond. Not wanting to know how long that had been lying there, he quickly moved on. He wondered of the rest had managed to catch something edible, and wondered how long his little trip had been, so he decided to start returning towards headquarters, probably arriving at the same time the rest did.

[Well, that appeared to be less work then I thought it would be, not that that's a bad thing]
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 3:13 pm

Nikita would watch the smaller and tenacious dog move out to track a scent. She took a deep breath and let him lead following Jack and Blue like a silent tall ghost moving behind them. She had to move around most of the thick brush or go over it, leaping like a deer, silently amazingly enough. Jack's voice would come to her ears and she gave a nod. "Very wellz.." She said softly and would move off to the right. You could smell the game....not deer but larger....elk. They could prove dangerous.

She melted into the shadows, surprisingly stealthy for her size and color. Circling she scented and would finally peer through the trees. Ahhh there they were.....browsing. Her eyes watched them...looking for weakness. The large bull wouldn't be a target...not for so few and he was healthy. Those antlers would kill someone. She watched for a few moments more. An elder cow with a slight limp had a calf....smaller than the rest. Those would be the ones she would drive toward the others.

She slunk forward and then gave them no time to decide which way to bolt. She charged. A white and buff streak pressing her chosen prey to drive them toward the rest of her motley crew. Snapping at the calf as it tried to break way. Charging through the growth they came. Fleeing for their lives...taking no mind of what lay a head of them other than the nearest branches that they crashed through or lept over.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 11:49 pm

Jack raised a credulous brow at the little dog's antics, but said nothing. He knew that the smaller breeds were more eccentric than the rest, and that Anubis could not help the way he searched for a scent. But, once he found one, he stuck to it. The terrier was angled into the deeper woods of the land, where the pine and ash trees began to lead into the Redwood Forest. It looked like the forest was too thick to hold any sort of animal life, but he said nothing to disturb Anubis from his mindset. The terrier set off, and Jack was the first to follow, bearing a decent distance. "Come," he said to Nikita and Blue, and his beta came up on his right flank, heading into the woods.

It was as tough of a journey as expected - the forest, having been halfway demolished by the typhoon - was littered with fallen logs creeping with moss and muddied brush. Jack kept a sharp eye on the terrier, who navigated through the trashed landscape with the instincts of a rabbit, not once losing sight of him. His large bod bolstered through the brush, but his coat absorbed the sound, moving with the silence of a predator. Blue slunk behind him, moving around the brush instead of through it, his silent spectre. Anubis came to a halt just before a clearing. They couldn't see the prey, but the scent was strong enough now to tell that it was there.

"Good one, ratdog," Jack said, approving of Anubis' skills. "Take the position of a Scout if you'd like." He looked at Blue and Nikita over his shoulder. "Nikita, you're the expert hunter among all of us. It'd be beneficial if you were to take the right flank and direct a sizable kill towards us. Blue and I will take it down."

Blue nodded in response to the orders. She looked at Anubis. "Nice one, small stuff,"
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

Number of posts : 216
Pawprints : 442
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 8:47 am

Nightshade held Sarge up high by his scruff and said to Scotch and Black snow " follow me to the lone lands " then began walking away.

OOC: we can write on the lone lands. I'm going to call it The journey so look for it.
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:42 pm

Anubis looked to Jack and nodded. “Gladly,” he said unamiably, stretching his neck up before bringing his nose to the bare earth. His cold, little black nose hovered just enough above the soil that granules and gravel wouldn’t travel up his nostrils as his scent glands inhaled the air, yet the few nearby plants moved with the current. He circled around himself slow at first, then quicker on the next rotation when nothing came up. It was not until he had weaved past Jack and stopped at Nikita’s side that his blackened auds went up and his long wheaten tail stiffened. He was angled southeast, towards a deep wilderness that implied nothingness. His brown orbs never lifted as he spoke. “Got a lead. It’s strong enough; might as well stick with it.” Anubis fell silent—a rarity when intentional—as he began to trot into more wooded grounds. He never cared to see if the other dogs followed his invisible pursuit of an aroma that went over trampled logs and through mildewed brush.

After around 15 minutes of constant movement, he arrived towards the end of the greater hardwood trees, where only dead leaves and pine needles grew under their darkness on the forest floor. The cramped nature of the area gave way to light close by. Anubis stopped his motion dead for a moment. “Scent leads through into the clearing. It’s gotta be a decent herd, not migratory-size though. It’s not deer, either.” He paused before he clarified how he knew this was true. “When you’re desperate in the city, taxidermists give good table scraps.” He had become accustomed to the scent then, and it had finally turned out to be useful information. A gentle yet heavy rustling sounded some meters into the lit clearing. It was clear there were several respectable, if not large, sized animals probably grazing just ahead out of eyesight. Anubis’s stubby legs moved farther forward. “You can check for yourselves, if you like.”
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:27 pm

Jack was growing impatient. No, he was impatient. He could feel Blue's eyes on him without having to look, and he knew it was best to keep his temper, but it was hard to with two squabbling wolves were in front of him. "I don't give a damn what you do with the cat," he growled at Nightshade. "And if you're not a dog, then go. Do what you want with the pup." He looked over his shoulder at the gang of dogs. Blue was getting them organized for a hunt. His stomach rumbled... These two were being a waste of time. He watched as Nightshade picked up the pup and Black Snow with her cat turn towards the Lone Lands. "It's good to see that you've come to a decision. Now go, before I call the pack's guardian to chase you out, or I will do it myself. I have business to attend to now," he huffed, turning his back. They were no longer his problem or anyone else's.

"Is everyone ready?" Jack asked, approaching the small gang of dogs. It wasn't much, for either a pack or a hunting party, but it was enough; he, Blue, and Cane had managed the adventure into the wilderness just fine. He glanced at the small terrier, not in a derogatory or laughable manner, but more curious than anything else. It had been a terrier that had lead them out of the City, afterall.

"Nikita's an experienced hunter," Blue relayed for the Leader. "So with her, we'd probably be able to catch anything. And Anubis here is an excellent tracker. Trust me, he'll tell you all about it."

Jack snorted. "I'll believe it when I see it," he said, eyeing the two dogs, wondering their worth. "But yes. Let's go. Anubis, find a scent and lead us to a middle or large-sized game. We'll follow behind you." Normally, he or another would have lead the hunt for food, but he needed to see what skills each dog brought to the pack. And Anubis was the first to be put to the test.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 7:49 pm

"I'll come. I have a bad feeling about this place." She glances nervously at the dogs who would most likly enjoy killing her kitten. "Thank you NightShade."

(Should I start the post in the Lone LAnds or do you want to?)
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

Number of posts : 216
Pawprints : 442
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 7:31 pm

Nightshade had a idea. She moved forward and picked Sarge up. She stared Black snow in the eyes and said " I will be leaving and taking Sarge with me. I do not mind the cat and would be more then welcome for both of you to join me. Now make your decision. Are you a wolf or a dog. if you are a dog go with the pack. If you are wolf... " Nightshade paused. " Come with me and Sarge. I would be more then welcome for the kitten to join the group. So, are you wolf or dog? " said Nightshade. She wasn't so sure Jack would take very good care of Sarge. Black snow was her last hope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wretches & Kings [MB]
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fire & Ice Wolf Packs :: Archives :: Hamara Archive :: HS►-
Jump to: