Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wretches & Kings [MB]

Go down 
+9
White wolf
akkanatrum
Bear
Silent
Hendaron
FoSsY
Starrlight
EDITOR
__silvers__
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Silent
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 10 Rhodes10

Kane had followed Jack into the land and looked at the wrecked forest with indifference. It was clearly abandoned due to the force of nature that had swept through. He snorted, what a waste. There was so much life here that any creatures with any sort of brain could easily live off this land. The fallen trees were almost like heaven to his hardened mitts. The thickly muscled dog had looked but did not speak. He was not a speaker, he was a watcher. But don't get him wrong, he was a great conversationalist but it was in his blood to watch. He detected threats earlier than most other dogs and had the power to eliminate them as well. He was unsure though if he was suited to this place. Though if there WERE wolves around it might make things a little more interesting. The corner of his mouth turned up at the thought.

At Jack's instruction he padded off with the female known as Blue. He had not known her long but he could already tell that they wouldn't have problems. Plus she had some spunk that he appreciated, you didn't survive long in the city without some sort of cunning. He shook his pelt, the slight drizzle didn't bother him anymore than banks of factory smoke bothered his lungs anymore. Though this air was cleaner and reminded him of his short time with people in that hot arid place. He didn't appreciate being with the humans but the chase to those..ah what were they called...to chase those beasts again would be exhilarating. He broke off from Blue fanning out to cover more area. Some vegetation had survived and some had not. He wasn't going to bother digging through the debris. He was never much of a digger.

It had been a few minutes since he had seen Blue, perking his ears up he glanced around but didn't sight her. Was there something wrong? Pressing his nose to the ground he easily picked up her scent and next thing he knew he was topping a hill when he saw her engaged with several different creatures. He quickened his pace just as the dog was finishing his monologue about how they were not prepared for this. He snorted out loud and let Blue speak the retort. Looking over Tynan Kane let his smile return. "Dog, I don't know where you hail from but I have taken down things far bigger than our and their kind. They do not scare me." He said indicating the two wolves. Images flashed in his mind of the great tawny beasts with flowing manes and claws and teeth out of nightmares.

The Ridgeback spoke it as a statement not a boast. He was not one to flash his words about and would actually prefer to be tried in muscle. How could he help it? On the streets thats how it was solved, only the strongest survived.

Ooc: Not a fan of that post hah, but I'll get his flow eventually..
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2011-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 1:12 pm

Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 10 Leonberger

[lol, I like to RP big "things"]

Massive paws struck the stream, and a body even more massive followed them. Tauro was wading trough one of the many ofspring streams that had formed after the clash of nature against land. "What a messed up place, and it stinks like wolves." Wolves, he reserved a special place for them in his heart. The part where hatred reined that is. He had come to these lands in a run of his past as gaurd-dog, not wanting to gaurd the petty goods and dens of the humans any longer. It had been mere chance he had waded in here, he just had a natural preference for water, it was in his breed. He just wondered why he was here when he sniffed out other, fellow dogs. Out here? Odd. Old markings told him this was once, or still was, wolf pack territory. He didn't knew what these dogs where up too, but he would find out. If they where creating some sort of pack, he was tempted to join. He dind't feared any possibly retalliatory attacks by wolves from the former or other packs, jus as he didn't feared woves. In fect, he almost getting fond of the idea of an all out war against wolves, it was something completly to his liking.

It didn't took him long to find out the scource of the scent. Whoever feeled like he was in charge here now, was very busy marking it as such. He wondered what kond of dog, and more important what kind of leader he was. He founded out the first quite quick, as he saw a german shepherd walking down a small hundred metters from him. At an easy pace, Tauro trotted down.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 2:16 pm

Rust-colored pillars eased through the thick, wet brush of the forest, his large nose held low to the ground below the fog, absorbing any sort of scent he could find. The rain had washed everything away, but one could never be too careful to continue scouting the lands. Once, he picked up the scent of blood in a muddy den that had not been fully flooded, but whoever had been in there had likely drowned, so he did not think much of it. He explored his newly-claimed lands in a grid-like pattern, marking every few miles, as he would have in the City.

The German Shepherd was on the southern border of the lands, where green mountains began to roll in the sky, when he saw a pale canine on a crest before him. His ears pinned back and his tail raised, bolting from his place. Though he and the other dogs had only been in the area for a few mere hours, he would not let anyone in without the passage of him, Blue, or Kane, especially not a wolf. His muscular form tore through the fog, bounding with uncanny agility through the slick and mud, his sharp eyes focused on the white creature, now descending. He made a wild arc but did not stumble, watching as they headed into the trees; this land was much more of a sandbox than a grid, allowing him to cut the wolf off before he could go any further into the lands.

"Halt!" he barked as he skidded in front of the canine's path, ivories revealed and tail raised. A few seconds later, however, these features disappeared as he realized that the creature was a dog; one of his own. He pulled his ears back and dipped his head. "I'm sorry if I frightened you," he said slowly, his vocals deep and rough, as if he had been eating gravel. "I thought you were a wolf. Wolves aren't allowed in my lands, but the gates are open to you. My name is Jack. Do you hail from the City as well, or somewhere else?" He sat back on his haunches, his mouth closed, but his chest heaving for breath. There was even a soft whistling nose to his exhales due to a collapsed nasal passage, though not visible to the naked eye. Jack relaxed, his muscles falling on his shoulders, trying not to appear so defensive anymore. Any dog wishing to escape their chains would be welcome.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:12 pm

Nikita

Long legs stretched out eating away the ground before them. She paused on a crest and would look out at the land before her. It had been scoured, cleaned by torrential rains and floods, the evidence of it lay everywhere. Her keen eyes would search as she would twitch her black nose catching any scent she could. This land was ripe…cleansed…it smelled fresh. She would flick her tail and move her body with its naturally springing gait down the side of the mountain.

Her wavy cream and white coat would bounce lightly as she would turn her narrow black masked face with the white stripe into the wind. Everything smelled new. She flicked her tail and decided that she would take residence here. Her owner, a Russian pilot, had crashed their plane leagues from here. Nikita survived remarkably but her owner did not. She had pined for him a while. He was a good master, heavy handed when he was drunk but there were worse ones. She had finally left when the wolverine came and began devouring her master and her belly growled at the scent of his blood and she had left. To her, that seemed like eating a pack mate.

Her body was built for speed and endurance. Bred over the generations for hunting and coursing. Her white coat with cream patches was silky and flat with slight waves running through it. And her face, long and narrow, with a slight Roman nose, but fine and feminine. Borzoi was her breed, she was grace and fluidity condensed.

Her belly growled, voicing its hunger and she thought back. It hadn’t taken her long to catch her first prey on her travels here. An unlucky hare bolted and she chased as was her nature. She soon had caught it and dropped it dead upon the ground. She had been trained not to consume her prey but her belly demanded and against her better nature she sampled her wears…and it was good. She had broken her master’s law and received no reprimand. A new found freedom filled her veins and she would curve her fine lips into a smile.

Her mind brought back to the present she would slink through the trees. An elegant ghost drifting as she would begin to seek a den…a cave…something to be called home.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 5:29 pm

Her eyes flashed to the bru that jumped at her and the hair raised on the back of her neck, but she made no reaction move. She had seen larger, more ferocious breeds come for her hide. And Sephiroth seemed to be keeping him on an invisible leash. Blue listened to his words carefully before replying. "Personally, I hold nothing against wolves. But I do not make the law here. I only enforce it. As for these being your lands and your home, you know the phrase: Finders keepers. You abandoned these lands instead of surviving with it through the storm," she replied, remaining collected as he. "As for your friend here, we can't take him. Not just because of his blood, but because of his temper. That is evidence enough that he would be dangerous." Blue was going to speak further, when two mutts approached, one of them speaking out.

And then the moment he was done speaking, one from the other side came in. She arched a brow at him. "You think we're trying to avoid the wild?" she scoffed. What was it with everyone out here and their assumptions? She had never said anything of the like, and they were speaking for her. "Hardly. If you knew anything about where we hail from, you would tuck your tail and run the moment you set foot on concrete. But I will say - you're right about the challenges. Some of us prefer to live on the wild side." She ended her word with a wry smile, one that told more than just mischief. Her seriousness, however, returned when she faced Sephiroth again.

"Now, back to what I was saying. You and your friend cannot stay in the lands themselves, but you may linger on the border. Jack is making his rounds. Avoid him," she replied, knowing that she could get in trouble for not shooing them away completely, but this had been their home. She had caught the words Sephiroth had said about a fem named Kaia, apparently the former Alphess... that was no more, and did not want more. "As for any of your pack members, I do not know where they went. The rain has washed away all scents."
Back to top Go down
Starrlight

Starrlight

Number of posts : 220
Pawprints : 321
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 4:46 pm

Oh... oh my. A low chuckle came from Tynan's throat, slowly growing into a full laugh. Now this was too good.

It had been a while since he had traversed the lands of Fire and Ice. When last he had been here, it had been as a member of Muerta, Lead Guardian to Akira's pack. The rank had been an honor for a while, but all too soon his wandering nature got the better of him. It was for the best, anyway. He had no place there, amongst that pack. He knew that now.

The thing he didn't know was where he wanted to go next. So he had left the lands altogether, heading even further from the city that was his homeland. He had seen much, but now was back, for no place had struck him like this right here. These lands were never dull. Besides, he enjoyed the company of his wilder cousins. While some of them made the city dogs he had run with seem sane, most were relatively decent and very trustworthy. Well, most outside of Akira's brood. Those Midnights... they didn't sit well with Tynan. He liked to be able to trust those he ran with, and it was a major reason for his leaving that he had no longer felt that way.

Now, however, he gazed with outright amusement at the realization that hit him. Hamara was no more.... and it had become and all dog pack? Were they nuts? Grinning, Tynan sat down. They wouldn't last five minutes, especially at their current numbers. They would be eaten alive. These dogs might think they could handle it, and perhaps a normal wolf they could, but Tynan had seen what some around these parts could do. He had heard the stories, and seen the evidence, and this was just too funny.

Speak of the devil.... he knew that scent. So there were wolves here. Yet their mark was no longer on these lands, so why? And it was Sephiroth. Tynan had never met the bru face to face, but his was a name that had been spoken.

The dog came upon the group silently, standing back and watching as they conversed. The wolves were actually trying to reason with these dogs? Instantly Tynan wondered their angle, but pushed it from his mind. It wasn't his problem. He was just here to see what was going on, and what these dogs were thinking.

Two more dogs joined in, and at the male's words, Tynan laughed. He couldn't help it. "You hold them at a lower standard? Well isn't this mixed up. " He looked at the wolves. "Sorry, I'm just wondering why you two are bothering. Obviously these dogs aren't aware that they happen to have chosen a territory surrounded by the very things they are trying to avoid. Perhaps they should have stayed in the city, because out here, there will always be challengers." He looked at Blue. "What I wonder is if they are ready for such a thing."

His tone wasn't hostile, but held a slight note of derision. If they wanted to be left alone, they were going to have to fight for it, and win. He knew for a fact that if they didn't, the surrounding packs would begin to close in. And some part of him liked the idea of dogs proving themselves worthy. He had nothing against calling wolves equals so long as they called him the same. That was one thing that he had held with Akira, and it was nice.
Back to top Go down
http://serien.deviantart.com
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Pawprints : 1343
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 2:12 pm

They both were mutts. No pure single blood line in them but they were good at being those mutts.
Valentine was simple in the fact she had a wirey white coat, small mitts, slender body,
and stood only to about the mid thigh of a human, she was quick though,
they had used her for flyball back where she came from. When she had escaped their
'house' she wandered for a long time. Eating whatever she could catch without
getting killed in the process, stealing from other wild animals if the turned their backs
to try and scent her out, or just eating berries where she found them.

When coming upon meeting Riley she instantly felt safer.
He was more toned then she was. Big bashing head
that he used to knock her over from time to time. He was a brindle colored bru

who held the line of some pitt breed and dane, with lab and some other fighting thing
he himself wasn't sure of. He was who he was and that was final and good
enough for him. He said that the brown and black circle around her eye was for target practice
so he'd watch her and protect her, like a brother, and she liked the idea of that having
never come from a big litter as far as she remembered, he himself was from what he said
was a puppymill and so his family was very vast, but most were killed if they weren't up
to the breeders standard. While he said she was safe for she was planned even if
a mistake.

Wind had brought news of a dog pack, and though both hadn't known what a 'pack'
was they both wanted to check it out. It was when the rumble of Riley's stomach
in the form of a growl did she know they were there. "Riley, what is..." "oh" she said softly stepping
behind him as he pressed himself forward behind the two wolves. "Don't try and work
your way in here, what is going through your head, obviously us dogs don't want
your kind around, yeah... we hold you to a lower standard then us"
He growled again and

though Valentine pressed against him and he felt himself calm a little he still didn't rest
any muscle to relax. They had run into wolves before walking in these lands and hadn't
left on good terms...
Back to top Go down
https://fniwp.rpg-board.net
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 1:33 pm

Sephiroth let his eyes turn slowly and land on the dog. "Interesting..." he said softly and stood up. "Not welcome, in his own lands, how dare you!" Prestige leapt forward only to have his forward action stopped by Sephiroth. "Enough! These aren't my lands fool, they were Kaia's. Were. She's obviously not claiming any victory here any longer. I don't know how many times I said I wasn't alpha here." He shook his head sitting back down and looking to the fem. "Pardon his rudeness, he's a different breed of wolf. These lands are... were? my home. I'm not sure if I could know anywhere else, but I know Prestige would make a great asset to your pack. Working with a wolf... I don't know why you see us so different. While you were once bound you are free, like the rest of us. If anyone sees it different it is those other packs. Muerta holds some dogs, and they are treated like scum, I hate it. I don't see what breed has to do with honor. Just because a wolf is bigger, doesn't mean their always meaner, smarter... I mean, no other wolf came to take these lands, you guys did." Sephiroth smiled to the fem and let his tail come round and wrap around his base. "Prestige, sit" he watched from the corner of his eye as the bru did as he was told.

"Tell me, do we have to leave. I tried to stay and see if the pack got out. As an outcast and a 'wolf' may we rest till we're able to leave?" He let the smile fade from his face, his eyes fell into the depths of darkness as Kaia's face popped into his head. He missed her so, and he was mad too, terribly mad... He felt his temper rise and he listened now to Prestige's breathing as the brute honored his right to still atleast do that. Sephiroth knew Prestige was an untamed being, that the brute had no control over the smallest of emotions. That he was a Midnight and proud of it. He didn't want to mess with the balance of the wolf, for messing and tampering with the devil was outright dangerous, he should know for he himself was the devil, Prestige wasn't quite to that level yet, more a crazed deamon then anything...
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 11:21 am

There was no wind at this hour, but there was fog clustering about the land, enrichening the surrounding scents. Blue slinked about, catching whiffs of returning animals, a sign that there would be good hunting. An echo of a loud sneeze carried on the empty lands and she raised her head, ebony auds twisted forward. So, someone was already here. She moved swiftly to the source, her nose now picking up the scent of wolves. How wonderful, trouble was already being started.

She came upon two males, one of them eerily still and the other not quite. "I'll give you a warning, boys," she said, black plume swishing behind her. "Wolven kind are not welcome in here. I suggest you leave." She was calm and composed, her cerulean eyes glowing in the mists. If they complied, there would be no reason for a fight to happen so early in the territory establishment. If not, well... Maybe there was another reason they were. She didn't know what, but whatever it was, Jack wouldn't likely agree to it. He would rather tear them apart first.
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 8:10 pm

Tempting as it was to make a scene the two brutes did as they knew what to do best, stalk, scout, hunt, spy... "Do you think... they'll come to terms, or do you think they will fight against it?" The orange brute let his mind wander, he hadn't left the lands for long, though it still rained he was drenched to the bone in water and he felt slightly more heavier then normal. Prestige on the other hand was dry as the logs after a fire tourched the land of Jabbar. He watched them, making their claim, his body felt tense and water strained out of his fur when he began to raise the hair along his back. "I don't think we'll have any problem..." he turned his orange hued eyes and looked at his new companion and his body made it's way from the brush. The dogs, as far as he knew they were nothing close to a wolf, had wandered off marking his territory and covering that of his mate. He came forth and sat down, his new friend coming and sitting next to him. "Are we just going to sit here?" Prestige was aggitated, he wasn't used to such a calm stature, specially from another brute who was just looking upon take over of his lands, or trying to. "Yes, we're going to sit here, and wait. It'll be interesting, they seem to show no harm quite yet, thought once the right of passage comes I wonder how well this will work out, then you may have your fun" Sephiroth smirked and looked around, yawning and waiting. Presitige let his tail thump here and there, stood and stretched, walked in a wide circle, sneezed a couple times and just... waited... though not as still...
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:51 pm

The first thing he noticed about this land was how... soft, it was.

It silenced his large paws as he weaved his ways through the pine trees, he and his two companions coming upon a crest that overlooked the terrace, now the victim of total destruction. Muddy rivers raced between fallen trees, landslides collapsed downhill, and the thick scent of rain still clung to the air. The sun had yet to shine, a fog descending on the greenery, as if to cloak the horror that had just happened. Thunder rumbled like an angry drum, but had been pushed by the western winds to the east, where they were now climbing over the mountains and terrifying whatever lie beyond them. Some would have said that the land was in complete ruin and was unfit to live, but this was a trio that had survived the worst of conditions. They had seen blood and war and crime and punishment. This? This land was nothing compared to the concrete streets and steel skyscrapers whence they came.

The large, burly German Shepherd was the first to descend, his bounds long and powerful to reach the bottom of the hillside. The pines became thicker and taller, moss growing on their northern sides, their branches lying in a fallen manner around him. Though he knew the lands were abandoned, he glanced around, beetle-black eyes darting in all directions. One could never know when he was being watched. Seeing that no one was around, he lifted his leg and urinated on the tree, marking it as his. He looked over his shoulder at his two companions - a black German Shepherd and a Rhodesian Ridgeback, the three of them coming from similiar origins. "These lands are mine, now," he said, his vocals deep and rough, like a hardened soldier's should be. He swiftly turned his head and continued onward, purging the decimated territory for a place to call a headquarters. He passed up a swamped meadow filled with stumps, a cluster of important-looking boulders, and even a cave in the hillsides.

Walking along, he suddenly stopped short, his paws meeting a sharp ledge. Upon looking down, he found a steep cliff, one whose fall was sure to have killed him had he taken another step. To the far east, he heard the rushing of water, and following it, they came upon a waterfall. Hundreds of logs were jammed up at the bottom of it, making a small pool and only allowing streams of water to slip through, a dam of sorts. The black German Shepherd stepped forward, observing the site. "Trees must have fallen upriver," she said, indicating at their broken bases and split trunks. The male canine leapt down onto one of the logs closest to him; it creaked beneath his weight, but did not give in. He walked back and forth across it, the opaque water rushing at his side. "It's sturdy," he observed, jumping down onto more logs. Once again, they did not budge, even with the massive force of the river pushing against them. They would be there for quite some time, that was for sure. "It's like a junkyard build-up. Get enough of it, and it'll stay."

The black female followed in his steps. "Sounds good enough for us. Better than an open area, too," she said, her blue optics seeming to glow through the haze. "We're lucky that we found a place that was completely cleared. So what do we do now, Jack?"

Jack rolled his muscle over his shoulders, a habit. "Well, let's just evaluate what we know: We know that dogs escape the City, and some return, and some don't. And with the rumor of wolves... Heh, we can say that they've either assimilated into their pack or have been eaten by them. I'm hoping for the former. I'll leave you and Kane to scout. I have to finish marking the lands, if this damn rain ever stops."

The mottled brute made his way down the rest of the log jam, disappearing into the mists to carry out his territorial duties. Blue cast her eyes at Kane, nodding in silence. She hadn't gotten to know him much, but Jack trusted him, and that was all that really mattered. They had their duties now. Like Jack, she descended the log jam, but took off in an opposite direction. She knew what Jack was looking for. She knew why he had wanted the land clear. And she knew what sort of plans he had in mind, and she knew that he would carry them out. He was to form a pack of dogs, as if they were in the City... but they were not in the City. And this pack would be a bloodthirsty one, one meshed together of dogs and only dogs. Jack would never make an exception for any wolf.

No one threw up a call. No one even knew that they were even here, in the lands of Fire and Ice. Some would think that they were travelers, but no. The wolves would think their blood was impure, mixed and tainted, and call them wretches of the race. This was not true. They were bred for their exquisite talents, their sharp minds, and their bold determinations. If anything, they were kings. Kings. And they had escaped their urban chains of a cage... mutts on the loose, feral as any wild animal and tenacious as a junkyard dog. They had come to claim what was theirs all along.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:49 pm

Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 10 5676107855_fe8c57623f_z

It was all about being top dog. About being the victor, the kingpin, the one no one messed with on the concrete streets. What was your territory was yours, a defined line that ran alongside street signs and chain link fences, marked by park benches and Chinese restaurants. There was a law of unrest in the City; dog-eat-dog, per say. Whether you were with a pack or not, there would always be someone with their eyes on you. Be it the common looks of disgust from humans, revolted at the sight of a stray dog, or the fierce snarl of hatred from , a rival pack, ready to kill you the moment you set foot on their turf. To say that the City life was civilized was an understatement; it was under siege of constant war, manufactured by the wretches that made the steel skyscrapers and the meat on your plate. The kings made their pretty words and promised even prettier things, but life remained just as ugly, if not uglier, than before.

And the worst part? There was no way out. No mobility. No ranks. But oh, could you feel the power, as if an iron fist were keeping you down, preventing you from achieving any sort of happiness or easy way of life. You fought against it, trying to make your own family or pack, only to have it ripped apart or torn away from you in the end. You hunted when you could. You slept when you had to. No one but you knows of your troubles, because no one else really gives a damn. All of your life, you have been stuck in this tiny place, an urban sprawl of a cage. You know the sewer routes by heart and where to shelter during the storms. You know how to separate the scents, from the fast food tossed into the dumpster, from the rancid sewer stink, and from the choking, hazy air clouded with poisonous fumes. Somehow, despite the oppressive atmosphere, you have made a life here.

You wonder if you will ever leave. No one says that you have to, but will you? The City is guarded by a concrete wall that reaches the sky, but there is rumor that some dogs know a way through... Know a way to the outside, the wilderness where wild things roam. Words on the street are exchanged about lions and wolves and bears and all sorts of other creatures. Humans are seldom in this outside world, and some not always return, having being captured by these monsters of the wild. Some ancient part of you craves this adventure, as if a past life is seeking to go home. Perhaps this metropolis is not the place for you, afterall.

You ask the mutts that pass on the word among the streets about these dogs that know the way out. They do not know the names of such leaders, but they point you in the general direction of their place of meeting, showing up at an approximated time once per week. You go, patiently standing by, catching fat, black rats in the meantime to fill your caving belly. Just when you are about to give up and call it quits, a skinny terrier shows up; it makes sense now, why a terrier. Terriers were bred to seek, crawl into the small holes of the earth, and find the places that others could not reach. With a silent understanding he takes you to the very edge of the City, past the trashed-up ghetto filled with human gunshots and beyond the too-pristine downtown shopping center. Eyes lurk at you behind trash cans - rival packs - but they see you with the terrier, and allow you to pass. Were the terrier to leave you, you would have nothing to defend yourself but your own teeth and claws.

You reach the Wall. It goes up higher than anything you have ever seen, and you don't know how to get in, but you continue to follow the terrier. He points you a small hole, the kind that only a lean dog or a human child could fit into, ushering you inside. You peer in to see that it is pitch black; you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel. The terrier now leaves, his duty finished. Dare you go down the rabbit's hole into a world that is backwards and ever-so-different from the one you've come to know?

Because who knows what is on the other side.

Last edited by __silvers__ on Thu May 05, 2011 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wretches & Kings [MB]
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fire & Ice Wolf Packs :: Archives :: Hamara Archive :: HS►-
Jump to: