Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd

Go down 
+12
puppylove90766
Ruffian
Moohn
Shadowed
akkanatrum
_Sensable_
WarriorWolf
Silent
FoSsY
__silvers__
(.kippy.)
EDITOR
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-01-25

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:25 am

Damean didn't just stare at her. No, he came right up to her, licking her muzzle and wagging his tail. A surge of annoyance rose in her chest. She pulled away from his advance. "I'm glad to see you're okay, too," she said in a soft tone, although colder than she had wanted it to be. "But I can't go with you right now. I have things to take care of first. And so do you. We're adults now, Damean. We can't just go running off together to talk whenever we feel like anymore. We have responsibilities... You have responsibilities." She turned away from him now, lavender gaze settling back on the newcomer. She knew that there were several things she needed to learn here, one of them being how to treat wandering wolves, and the other being a self-sufficient member of the pack. She knew that there would come a point where it would be her decision whether or not to let a wolf in, and that decision could either benefit or destroy the pack. In addition, she knew she couldn't rely on the elders for wisdom at every beck and call. So, she mirrored Rawbones' pose: head tilted slightly down in questioning, tail raised with authority but not total, chest forward to represent passage. There was much she had to learn from Rawbones as well, and perhaps when things became ordered, they could begin. For now, though, she would have to push Damean to the back of her mind and focus on this newcomer at hand.

A white yearling then came to Rawbones' side, and though the youth was in her step, it was not in her eyes or the rest of her body language. Skyfall paused, intrigued by her serious disposition, even as Rawbones licked her ear in familial comfort. She didn't even seem phased by such a notion. It was strange, the way the youth's eyes locked on him, like she was trying to see through him. Well, what would she see? He had many secrets, many untold tales, many scars hidden in his silver fur. Whatever she was trying to see, he wasn't sure that she could.

The timber nodded as Rawbones explained that Akiko was the Betess. She had made the call to come, so that made sense, but... What of the Alpha? Not many packs ran without one. At Rawbones' next question of where he came from or what he was drawn to here, he paused, and looked over his shoulder. The snow was still falling, but his tracks were still visible. "I come from over the mountains, but if you're asking for where I was born, I can tell you that it was also beyond the mountains, and in a shallow valley near the coast. As for what I'm doing here, this happened to be the first pack I encountered," he responded, speaking of places instead of reasons. They didn't need to know the reasons.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 12:14 pm

Akiko's hard eyes watched Killian speak to her and he was bordering insolence that fell back oddly quick into something less than that. She could not help clenching her teeth, even if he did not think so it was obvious to her that he was Akira's son. The way he spoke and the sort of entitlement that came from him. Clearly this brat didn't know the danger that he was putting himself in by coming here. His honesty surprised her when he opened up about Damean and she felt her stomach roll a little thinking about their past alpha. She noted the return of Echo and Damean trying to bring her back over to the little pow-wow. She realized that Damean Jr. might not know who this was and if he didn't the resemblence would make it all the more obvious. Rawbones was managing the new wolf who had called and she was ever grateful for his assistance. She looked straight and true into Killian's eyes measuring the wolf before her. She knew little of her sister's spawn but she was not suprised that at least one of them had been driven off. Tassle flicked and her blue eyes were unkind to Killian. Her tone stiff she respond in a lower tone that was playing along the line of deadly "That Jr. pup over there is your alpha, your first lesson would be to learn how to shut the hell up." She snorted "How ever like Akira to just run your mouth without thinking. It was ever my sister's trademark, though unlike you I think, she had the moves to back herself up." No one could deny Akira's savagetry. She was crazy, but she was more than a skilled oppenent. Akiko and Despair escaped most of the pagentry and kept their heads about themselves.

Her mouth pursed she smiled sardonically "Blood does not necessarily protect you here nephew and do not assume to know me because of your mother. You are a fool who has wandered into another rival pack where you yourself are a challenger to the alpha by the blood you seek to connect with. You say that you wish to make no mess but it is not for me to let you stay or dimiss you." She looked over to Damean jr. then and made a low noise in her throat drawing his attention. "Damean, this wolf here is your half brother, son of my sister Akira in Muerta. Look upon him well and judge what he has to say. Whether he stays or goes, lives or dies, is up to your command." She looked between the two brothers. "As I just said and I counsel you to keep this in mind as a blood brother he is the highest threat to contend you for the throne." She was curious to Damean's decision, knew the boy was just starting to shape up to the harsh realities of the world. Leaving puphood and growing into something more. But what sort of wolf would he be? Akiko was unsure of what she would do if he grew too soft..Damean had been soft but he had been cold and cunning as well.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:46 am

Nodding in agreement, Blade said, "We'll stay. Looking for the elk isn't an option yet." Nuzzling Petra, he suggested, "You get a head start on that rest. We'll get the herbs." Akiko knew where they were, and would eventually release the pack to return, as he'd assumed Echo was probably at Damean's side by now, meaning a safe return. He'd have gotten a start on seeking the elk trail and where it went, but without more able bodies knowing his whereabouts, it wasn't a good idea. Petra needed rest, and he wasn't sure how much she'd get once the pack returned, and Niveus didn't know the lands.
He'd wait for her response and actions before he moved himself, in case she was partly using him as support. Turning to his kin, he said, "Follow your namesake and you'll have my tentative protection until we discuss." Blade gave Niveus a meaningful look, knowing that the other hadn't lied to him, but was witholding some information, not wanting to speak in front of an audience. On the flip side, the look was one that clearly stated Niveus wasn't really trusted. The other was still honorable in some respects and had.... some family values. Also, in most cases, his sense on how to react was a little lacking, but that would be irrelevant now.

Time and travel had changed his half sibling, and in other ways, not at all. Niv nodded at Blade's words, agreeing that Petra should rest. She looked much better than when he'd found her, but it was good to be cautious. How large was this pack? The unspoken question made him realize Blade's words toward him. Of course, Blade himself didn't need anyone to keep an eye on him. He was referring to Petra... not that she needed looking after, but it was somewhat noticeable he was worried for some reason. Thinking about their apparent upcoming discussion, he realized Blade was all too aware there had been things left unsaid. It was true this would have to eventually take priority, but he'd travelled with little pause to rest.
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

Number of posts : 207
Pawprints : 386
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 8:01 pm

Anger? No. He didn't know what it was that coursed through him when Echo pushed him away. Whatever it was called though he mearly took it. I'm supposed to give her what she wants right. He shrugged and smiled. "Good call" He turned away as she focused on Rawbones, he felt... what was happening. He walked over towards Akiko his blue eyes targeting onto what was his half brother, by his father? He tilted his head and looked at the brute seeing some resemblence to his own that he had seen in the water. Interesting. Family in a nother place. In other lands. But lands that were not alligned with my own. "If you had been here before my time I'd grant you permission to stay. But you weren't. How can I trust so much of family when my own family here isn't my own but my pack. You claim to have my blood, but you don't. You only have half of it. So that means half the loyalty. I've been on this earth little close to a year and you're just now deciding to come fine me? Is it a challenge, and if not. I don't care. I don't grant you acceptance. I don't feel comfortable with you in my lands. Out." He didn't smile. Didn't take a deep breath didn't faulter in anyway. His voice was a monotone level, something deeper then what was months before. Echo was right. Time to grow up. Grow up, what a strange concept to understand, but to feel. He didn't care to feel at this point either. He didn't want to. His eyes turned to Akiko and he nodded to her. "If he gives you problems, which he wont, because his sarcastic tone with you earlier calls for more emotions then anything else, kill him" he never should turn his back on someone, but he could read that wolf like a book, call it family knowledge. Who knew.
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

Number of posts : 207
Pawprints : 386
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 8:13 pm

Ooc:|| I dunno where I had Exodus thus I'm just bringing her back here.
Bic:||

Orbs darted to the left and the right when she came into the scene. She watched as two family members spoke. Of actual bloodline. Damean was sending Killian away? How strange. She couldn't question it though, because then where would her loyalty lay there? Echo was with Rawbones. She felt her heart instantly release. Her little white fuzzball was growing up so fast... not so little anymore but still. She loved her anyways. Interupting what was going on was not an option but she walked up towards Akiko nodding to her in respect. The past flashing through her mind. Akiko had been someone she looked up to often, and to see her now... she felt like she had grown older so much quicker even if she couldn't be to old... four... five? What was it. She didn't even know. Her orbs landed on Killian who's mouth was open in shock, she tried to repress a smile but it just barely tilted the corners of her mouth up.

"Not accepted?" He couldn't believe it. Damean. His own brother turned him away. He stood up feeling a temper rise in his chest. "Shit!" he barked out and turned facing Exodus. "What a stuck up.... arg forget it" he turned away making his gate faster. Not accepted. And not only that he was thrown out. Told to leave, no first chance for anything. His mother... his mother was such a bitch. She ruined it for him, she was his mother and therefor all of Fire and Ice would judge him. He kicked a rock and sent it flying before he himself dashed from the lands of Jabbar into whatever place he wanted to find next.

Exodus looked at Akiko and raised her brow. "Wow... He didn't let him stay." She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. "Has everyone returned?" she turned to where Echo was standing and smiled then looked back at Akiko. "It seems like he's shutting down a little. Think he'll be okay? I think it was a good call. That's somewhat hard to explain to him if it's eating him up. Though he seems... fine..." She looked over at Damean who sat back and observed the lot of them. He had chosen a place with a rock to his back and sat there really observing them all. Never lingering on Echo. What happened now? She narrowed her eyes and flicked her ears. Her eyes trailed to Rawbones and she watched him interact with the new wolf who had shown up. But where was Blade and Petra?
Back to top Go down
Ruffian

Ruffian

Number of posts : 265
Pawprints : 538
Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 11:13 pm

Her crimson eyes rested upon the darken area. Kali's crimson orbits looked around the area, no sign of any others. Her long talons clicked against the rocks under her paws, her nasal passages up high to look for other life forms. The she-wolf looked around as she realized that she was finally back in the realm of her pack, Jabbar Junayd. Her tongue licked her chops a bit as she sighed out her maw. She didn't realize how long she had been gone, the scents filled her nares. Kali closed her eyes for a minute, finding how much her hallucinations had driven her away from this pack. The hallucination of Ra's was gone, for now. She had confronted him, almost risking herself to leave forever. But he left for an unknown reason; probably the fact that she could overcome him easily.

Her gait sped up to a walking trot, her haunches sore from walking a long ways here. Her tawny pelt ruffled slightly at her pace. The feminque stopped, her frame looking slightly on the weaker side. Kali wanted to know what was happening to this pack, who was here, who had died... if anyone was left. Her dial sighed and exhale as she could feel that the territory was empty, second by second.

[Since I don't know where I left off with Kali, I'm sticking her here. I'm making it as though she went off in this area and has returned in an amount of time. Hope that's okay.]
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

Number of posts : 724
Pawprints : 1290
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 10:00 pm

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Rawbones

Rawbones remained silent as he waited for Skyfall's response, noticing from the corner of his eye the way that Echo stood seriously at attention, brushing Damean off. Glancing over to the youngster, he could almost feel the sting of rejection that coursed through him, though Damean was quick to suppress it. He turned away from Damean, returning his attention to the newcomer. Rawbones smirked as Skyfall gracefully dodged his questions, but only just, still providing information that vaguely answered what had been asked. The brute seemed quite secretive, but in no threatening manner. The elder imagined that he must be on-guard, at least a little. Perhaps in time he would share his reasons, and his past, if there was anything to be shared. Curious, but seeing no reason to push further and put the male on edge, Rawbones nodded.

Just then, he noticed Exodus return to the clearing. A weight lifted from him instantly, and he let out an audible sigh of relief. Blinking, he turned back to Skyfall once again. "I can show you around the territory," he suggested, his tone gruff as always, "Unless you need to rest after your travels." Although his own legs still ached from all that had happened, he was ready to push himself further, and it might be a good chance to go see the dens, see what condition they were in, and how Petra and Blade were doing. They might even find something edible along the way, though he knew he wouldn't have the energy this time to make a kill. Glancing at Echo, he nodded in dismissal to her. She needed to rest soon, and he did not need her to help or accompany him further with Skyfall. "Either get some rest, or find someone who will go with you to take down a small animal," he said briefly, "We could all use a little refreshment." With that he turned away and padded a few steps away, looking back to Skyfall to see if he was interested in exploring the terra, or resting.

------------------------------------

Petra nodded to Blade as he told her to get going to rest up. She couldn't argue with him. Licking his cheek softly, she smiled at him and then turned, taking a tentative step away from his side. Feeling capable, she padded away from Blade wearily. She lifted her head to glance at Niveus, giving him a nod and grateful smile before letting her crania droop. She headed toward her den, wondering what the half-siblings would speak of in her absence. Certainly there would still be much to clear up between them, from the sounds of it. Much of it would be topics she wouldn't understand, and it wouldn't be right for her to try to listen or have an opinion on it. She hadn't been there, and she didn't know what their history was. She crept into her den under the boulder and curled herself comfortably in the furthest corner, grateful for the quiet, dark space as her body heat warmed the area. Before she realized it, her eyes had closed and she drifted into a deep and cozy slumber.

------------------------------------

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Bloodeye-2

+Pain+Hate+Lies+Guilt+

Bloodeye shrugged and looked away from Elena as the fae became unresponsive. Most likely she was daydreaming about her fantasy wolf, one who was already mated. She glanced over to see Damean passing judgement upon a wolf that quite resembled himself. With a shocked and somewhat disgusted look upon his face, the unfamiliar wolf turned away after a few short words and left. Quirking a brow, the fae looked on it interest; it seemed that young Damean had sent the brute away, banishing him perhaps. She lifted herself to her paws, about to pad over as malicious curiosity buzzed in her mind when she realized how heavy she felt. On all fours, she panted suddenly, feeling tired from the simple movement. Her lip twitched in irritation, but a shiver of uncertainty passed through her as well. Her time was coming soon. She would need to find a den. Should she stay close to the den-site, or den privately in a remote area? What a troublesome thing to have to wonder about, she thought irritably. As she stood indecisively for a moment, a movement in her abdomen distracted her.

Her hackles raised. She wasn't ready for this. Her mind began to race... her last litter, the wolf she'd bred to for the power... her daughter. Her son. Where were they? Where was Zaiaku? She swung around suddenly, leaving Elena's presence abruptly. She looked to the wolves gathered, then to the woods. Her eyes were filled with rage.
"That damned hellion," she hissed, digging her talons into the earth, "He won't be here!" Another movement deep within stopped her, and she looked to her swollen abdomen. Instinct was beginning to consume her. There they are... they're real... she thought, her mood swinging from fury to softness, Soon... they will be here. Taking a breath, she looked to Damean. He sat by himself now, observing his pack. As an Alpha growing into his role, her status would be something he had to know about. She trotted heavily towards him. "Damean, pardon my absence but it is time for me to find a den," she stated, leaving little room for questioning. Surely he would understand; but how did he feel about new packmembers of her bloodline joining them? She smirked at him. She didn't know how long it would be for...

Turning to leave, her tail lashed through the air, wafting the scents of motherhood - raging hormones, birthing to come, and milk. Though she was heavy, she moved off at a swift pace, deciding that she would go deep into the terra and nest by herself. She didn't slow down as she felt a surge of energy flow through her body. Instincts were strong as she took off deep into the woods. When she finally slowed, she was breathing heavily, but she felt satisfied with the location. Looking around, she felt picky, but decided upon a place to make her den. The land was uneven, and several trees grew in a clump on top of a rise. Her claws dug into the ground just beneath, and she felt unlimited power flowing through her legs as she dug hastily. Before long she had created a comfortable place for herself and any number of whelps that would join her soon. Creeping inside the cool, earthy den, she stretched out on her side, panting as her body began to labor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bravequestk9.com
__silvers__

__silvers__

Pawprints : 1971

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:16 pm

More characters were pouring into the clearing, heeding the white Beta's call. Skyfall noticed this, but his steel orbs did not linger from Rawbones' or the yearling's. "I caught some rabbit not too long ago. My hunger is sated for now, but thank you for the offering. I see that you're eager to show me around, but I really do need to rest my feet. I'm not sure if I'll be staying here yet. I am humbled for your acceptance," he replied, his tone cool and polite. "Would you have me stay for this meeting that seems to have gathered, or would you rather have me reside in a den for the time being?"

There was a hardness in her heart. She didn't want to push Damean away. No, she wanted him near, probably as he wanted her near, but she knew that they couldn't do anything like that now. There was a lot of growing up each of them had to do. Lavender gaze remained on Skyfall as he responded to Rawbones' questions, tactfully and kindly; she wondered if he would fit in with the rest of the pack, who seemed rougher around the edges. Regardless, he wasn't a threat. Seeing this, she said to Rawbones in a low voice, "I need to talk to you when you have a moment,". She then followed her nose to Exodus and nuzzled her neck, tail caressing her peppered side. "I'm sorry to have made you worry," she said, but now her eyes were on Damean and the young male Akiko had been talking to. He was rejected. Exodus voiced her concern about Damean, who now sit with his back to a rock, many thoughts likely swimming through his mind.

"He'll be fine," Echo spoke up, loud enough for him to hear. "Petra, Blade, and a new wolf named Niveus are back at the dens, where I was. They're recovering and resting, and awaiting our return." Her eyes were now on Akiko. She knew that she had let the woman down in the past, and she wasn't willing to make that a continuing streak. She had a resolve, now.

Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:40 am

Blade watched Petra retreat, and he looked at the remaining herbs on the ground. Before moving to pick them up, he barked out, "Talk," his stance making it clear they weren't going to move.

Niveus nodded, and only hoped that Blade would think first and react later. "Someone survived. I don't know her well, but I've heard stories. No one knows, or is willing to mention who her parents are, or were. All I know is that she's stopped following her namesake long ago, and made a turn in the opposite direction. She's crazy, and found a right hand just as bad as her. She's called Themis and has a mate, Aeron."

Blade turned away from Niveus, the following silence tense. Of course. Her. He'd heard a few rumors when he'd still been out, but didn't think it'd been the same wolf. What was worse... his father being alive, or Themis. Themis who'd have no idea Blade was alive, but would throw a fit upon this discovery. He'd have to tell the pack of the possibility of a threat in the near future, especially if she knew where Niveus was and why. As for Niv... the other didn't have to know... yet. Although it seemed like things had been kept from both of them now. This probably explained why Niveus was here now and hadn't found him sooner.

He didn't say anything, and just lowered his head to pick up the remaining herbs. Nothing else needed to be said at the moment. It was difficult to remain angry at Niveus, and always had been. The wolf managed to hold onto honor and didn't allow his priorities to be stolen by the heart of the mountain. It left him somewhat naive, but there was still much knowledge in that brain, Blade had to admit. He jerked his head in the direction of Petra's den, allowing Niv to ramble about mundane things, if only so the other wouldn't be too tense when the rest of the pack came back.

Upon reaching Petra's stash, he placed the herbs just inside, not wanting to ruin her organization, not that there were many herbs left. Echo had been developing into quite the sharp wolf as of late, despite some of her slips. Perhaps he'd leave Niv with Petra when she taught Echo, just to see if anything would happen.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Pawprints : 1938

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:58 pm

Akiko watched the exchange between brother with little emotion on her face. This was Damean's call and his alone. She would abide by his ruling in this matter. Though her surprise almost made it to her face how he callously dismissed him without a second thought. Eyes went to Killian but to her surprise he put up very little fuss and merely turned tail and headed off. Exodus stepped up beside her and redirected their attention back to Damean Jr. "No, Blade and Petra are off at the dens. They'll be okay, so won't Damean. He's growing up and learning how to be a leader." The pack was beginning to settle down again, the disturbance in the land retreating. Though her eyes immediately locked onto Bloodeye's brisk form as she approached Damean and there was no mistaking that she was about to pop, her scent was wafting through the area announcing it loud and clear. She watched the fem go and silently reminded herself to deploy scouts around her birthing den to make sure she wasn't disturbed.

Looking at Exodus she touched the fem on the shoulder with her nose. Though it might not appear like Akiko had connections to many Exodus was Damean's daughter and she had watched the fem grow on this very soil. "I'm going to check in with Blade and Petra. Make sure no one disturbs Blooodeye, let Rawbones know as well." With that the ivory fem trotted off down the hill back into the ashen grove of trees that was Jabbar.

As she got closer to the dens she began letting a series of short low howls calling to her packmates on the ground.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:30 pm

The sounds of Akiko alerting them came to his ears, and let out a single low, soft howl of his own of acknowledgement and movement. To Niv, he said, "That would be our beta calling. Keep on your toes. Things aren't like them, but nor is it like how they originally were." He glanced towards Petra's den, knowing it'd be just as well if she slept through this conversation.

He moved to the source of the howl to see Akiko alone. The rest must still be lingering. He reported, "Petra was caught in a stampede of elk and is recovering in her den with minor injuries. I'd have scouted to see if the elk remained in the lands, but didn't want to leave Petra unattended."

Blade's sharp eyes turned to pierce into Niv's, the wolf standing alertly, but not too tall. "Apparently I have still-living kin. I leave him to your and Damean's judgement."

Niveus saw the petite wolf as he followed Blade, taking in his warning. He stood, as if awaiting orders, but kept somewhat behind his half brother. It wasn't in timidness or fear, but in caution. Nothing in his posture showed weakness, as he wasn't capable of it. He saw the petite, white wolf, but showed no surprise. Briefly, he realized this wolf would have done well in their homeland. He couldn't tell how strong the fem was, but knew enough not to look down on her.

He introduced himself with a polite nod of his head, "Niveus. Former head of guardians and warriors, I believe is the corresponding rank to this pack." His intent was only to show that he was qualified to be brought to the alpha for consideration. In his uncertainty on how he should have proceeded, he had decided to follow the familiar customs of the further north.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:55 am

Rawbones nodded to Skyfall in understanding, knowing how weary he must be after a long journey. Still, he had looked forward to showing a newcomer around, so he mumbled his disappointment under his breath. He looked up in surprise as Echo spoke to him in low tones, saying she needed to speak to him later. He nodded curtly to her, locking eyes just long enough to let her know he would surely be there to hear her out, before turning back to Skyfall. Shaking out his coat, he perked his ears as the bru asked what he should do. He would have told the male to stick around; however, it seemed that Akiko was on the move anyways. She was heading to the main dens, where some of the pack was settled. It would be a good chance for him to find a den, and still stay in the loop with what was going on in the pack. "Let's head back to the dens with Akiko," he said, nodding his head to the fae, "You can find a place to rest and keep an ear out for what's going on." He nodded one more time, then shuffled off to follow the Beta.

He had noticed the other femme rush off suddenly, her abdomen swollen with life. Akiko and Exodus seemed to congregate on the topic. Though he hadn't caught any discussion of it, he knew somone would need to check on her soon, as the father was nowhere to be seen. Could it be that suspicious character, Zai, that had fathered these whelps? Rawbones had little interest in the affairs of others, and he wasn't sure how these pups had come along at all. Good riddance if he's not around, that skulking fiend... he thought grumpily. Blinking tiredly as he moved, Rawbones sauntered at a leisurely pace, coming to the dens behind Akiko at a noticeable distance. There was no need to rush at the moment, and he hadn't the energy to hurry anyways. He seated himself comfortably, attentive enough to catch anything that would be said.

+Pain+Hate+Lies+Guilt+

Bloodeye snarled and thrashed in agony as her body went through the motions, her claws gouging the soft earth. Contractions became more intense and more frequent, until she could feel the shift within. With all her might, she heaved and brought the first pup into the world. Instinct drove her to clean and dry the whelp, allowing it to nurse as her body readied for the next. She glanced frequently to the den's entrance, as though expecting something to change. All was silent. Then a powerful wave rippled down her body as the next whelp made its way, and she gritted her teeth against the pain. It felt like so long since her last litter, she had forgotten what it was like to birth. Both at the same time, it was easier and harder this time around. She knew what to expect now that it was happening, yet it was difficult to bear with it. Also, she knew what may become of these pups. Their existence would likely be short-lived. Maybe. She wasn't so sure anymore.

Panting, she licked clean the second the whelp and let it go to her belly for nourishment. Both had mottled coats of white and gray. Both were so small and needy, squealing as they pressed into the warmth of her body. She blinked heavily, and let her eyes stay closed. Yet another wave of pain coursed through her, and she brought a third whelp into the world. The same as the others, as soon as it was clean and dry, it nuzzled into her belly, suckling for milk, and Bloodeye lay her head down. No more were to come, and the afterbirth passed easily. By then, she was exhausted. She allowed the newborns to drink as much as they needed before they all went to sleep, weary from the experience. Sighing, she wondered what fate would face them, and if things would go according to plan.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:38 pm

Akiko was pleased to see Blade emerge from the woods quickly heeding her call. Another form slunk along behind him, one that she did not recognized. She had to put in some effort not to roll her eyes. When was there not some wolf trying to enter their ranks? Always at the most inconvenient times...could've used a few extra bodies for the battle a few months back. She quickly fixed her attention back on Blade trusting him to update her on the situation which he quickly did. Akiko always appreciated the efficiency of the hessian. So Petra had been injured? Well damn that wasn't good...as the packs healer it would be no good if something worse had happened to her. Not to mention she was a more valuable member than these sods that flicked in and out like moths on a breeze. She wrinkled her nose to indicate how she felt with that news but took it in stride otherwise. When Blade claimed the other as his kin it was then that Akiko was struck by the similarities between the two. Well I'll be damned She almost smiled then she was so amused but she didn't think it would be prudent seeing the lack of amusement coming from Blade and his blatant handover over his kins fate to her and Damean.

When he stepped forward she gave him a thorough look over listening to him speak all the while. He claimed guardian and warrior and it was apparent the brute was certainly fit for the role. Still looking into his eyes with her own cool blue ones she addressed Blade. "Is there any reason you know of that would affect our judgement on Niveus." She stepped around him then taking his measure, okay maybe to make him uncomfortable too, there was some perks she enjoyed more than others. "Damean just dismissed his own half brother lets hope he's not on a streak." She rounded to the front of him again getting closer than comfortable to his face. "If you seek a safe haven from the woes of the world this is not the place."
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 11:16 am

Blade didn't feel bad for the scrutiny Niveus was undergoing. He did look interested, though, when Akiko mentioning Damean refusing a... it appeared half brothers seemed to be floating around lately. Not that Blade was judging, but he wondered what caused the other to reject family. Too much of a reminder of the deceased Damean Sr.? Or... considering the only half blood to Damean he knew, perhaps Akira had too much influence on some of her spawn and it created a bad air? He was never able to imagine that alphess raising more than a select, elite trio or fewer pups... perhaps making them fight to the death for heir rights.

Back to his own kin, though, he thought for a moment, then stated, "He, like all others with rank beneath delta, was born and named to fit his role, Niveus Vigilo, commandant of the protection unit. He was trained since he was old enough to walk. While the environment had slowly driven nearly all of the pack to madness, he's kept grip on sanity. He has some... quirks as a result."

Niveus' instincts were to back up when Akiko moved closer, but remained still, remembering that she could potentially be one of his future superiors. He had never been comfortable with staring, more used to the brief glances and eyes more intent on his movements than him as a wolf. Yellow orbs were briefly hid from view as he blinked in surprise, as Blade wasn't actively trying to get him kicked out. It was clear the other was still keeping him at a distance, but that was more for personal reasons.

After his half bother finished talking, he said, "I can't imagine a sheltered life after my childhood home. I've known naught but constant war. It'd be nice not to get caught in it every single day, but I'll never give it up." Any wolf who's been in any fight could relate. It got the adrenaline going, and after getting past the first feeling of slaughtering another, it was hard to go back. It was why his brother was here and not some perfectly neutral pack. Although not pure, they didn't do much, either. After his answer, he was suddenly all too aware of how close she was to him, and tensed a little, ready to move if she were to suddenly snap at him. Respect or not, future superior or not, he wouldn't let himself get injured without defending himself.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 1:22 pm

OOC: I miss posting in here #Jaded'sghosthauntsthisground
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:03 am

The pack was now heading back from where she had come. A slight frustration built up in Echo's chest; she could have stayed with Petra, but she knew that someone had had to tell the rest of the pack of the whereabouts, not to mention her own, but then it was like no one wanted to listen to what she had to say. In addition, there wasn't much talk about any of this she could share with Damean, wherever he was now. Angsty, teenage emotions swirled inside her as she walked with her head down, just a few paces behind Rawbones. She didn't know why she felt so upset at something so little, so juvenile. Her mind told her she was more mature than that. Echo knew that if she wanted to grow up, she would have to put a restraint on her feelings, however strong they were. That's part of what being an adult meant, didn't it?

She sat down alongside Rawbones, almost like a white shadow. She didn't want to bother him more than she already had, so she kept quiet, her thoughts swarming her mind. She wished that they would quiet. She sat next to him simply because she felt protected by, and connected to, him. If she were to let her petulant feelings get the better of her, she could rely on him to take care of things. For now, he was her restraint, more physical than mental. Echo knew that if she grew up, she would have to have her own restraint, and that would be the day where she would have to let go of the old bru as her teacher. For now, though, she still had very much to learn.

Skyfall nodded to Rawbones' words, and chose to follow the rest of the gathering pack. He was being lead deeper into the lands, the snow melting into warm, blossoming spring as they headed to the lower climate; he noted that the tall evergreen trees, however, did not change. When they reached the pack lands, some went to investigate their dens, and others sat in a circle, attentive and waiting for news. The stocky grey wolf chose a seat within the circle, but sat a little more distance from it, as he was not a part of the pack yet, and he did not want to mean any disrespect to Akiko. The way that she had led the pack was cold and quick; Skyfall wouldn't have been surprised if her judgement was as well.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 12:42 am

Rawbones was aware of Echo following close at his heel, sitting alongside him as he settled. He wondered if she had a very important topic to speak of, or if she just wan't sure what else to do. She seemed weighed down and agitated by relentless thoughts, the silence and look in her eyes spoke of her unease. He wondered what it could be. Curiosity gnawed at him, but it could all wait until the new wolves were approved of, or sent away. At this time, it seemed that if there was no threat intended, then they could take all the wolves they could get. He glanced briefly to Skyfall, who had gone off to seat himself a respectful distance from the Jabbar wolves, not trying to force himself into the circle. A nod of approval, and Rawbones turned to look at the other newcomer, the one that Blade had passed off for judgement. Glancing between the two, even he could see the resemblence through hazy eyes. The elder perked with interest as Niv spoke for himself, the stately attitude of a warrior spilling forth with his unwavering posture and straight-to-the-point manner of speaking. Even Blade spoke well of him, though he seemed on edge with his half-brother's presence. Niv would be a great addition to the pack, if nobody objected.
Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

Number of posts : 472
Pawprints : 817
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:19 am

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Conall10
"You are more like him every day."
"That's not true. You're getting old, father."
"How dare you snarl at me..."
"Shut up!"

Padfalls drew nearer, voices closer, louder, more heated.
"You even look like him... How you snap, the way you hold yourself. Conall, your eyes even shift the way his do."
"And so what? I'm not him and I'm not going to be. I've had enough of you comparing me to some psycho I've never met!"

Father and son drew closer to the pack, so deeply in debate that they hardly noticed Akiko attending to Blade and a newcomer. Tristan and Conall had made the decision to stay in Jabbar, but as per Tristan's request, kept their distance. Unfortunately for Conall, this had meant growing up away from his temporary friends and tending to his aging father. He had become bitter, short tempered. In size, he had surpassed his father. With a lame old man to care for, hunting alone in the mountains and often lifting Tristan's full weight through the passes had added muscle to his already imposing size. A faint hint of the lankiness of youth clung to him, but he was nearly grown. The majority of their argument had come to center around how much he was becoming like his uncle. Matthew. The antithesis of sanity. Conall had earned the size, the muscle, the thick coat, even in spring. The only thing setting them apart was their eye color and a greying muzzle. This frightened his father more than he was willing to admit.

Tristan, on the other hand, had become grizzled and thin. Age was taking a toll on his already battered body. These days he ate little, in order to make his son's life easier, but also because his appetite waxed and waned with his mood. So far, it had not been a good week. At this point he was living off a mountain hare and some bits of carrion, because it was all he could keep down since the week before. He was constantly grateful for Conall's help, not only in feeding him, but for not abandoning him in his time of solitude. His mind was much clearer since their excursion. However, he felt terrible pangs of guilt for taking the boy from the pack, for not allowing him to grow with the others. But it was all he could do to be less of a burden on a pack who had only just taken him in, and did not seem to take kindly to weakness. Regardless, at least his mind had steadied, so he would not become some source of theatrics for the others to deal with, and it was time to return. He tried not to let his temper to raise with Conall on the subject they currently bickered over.

"Perhaps I wouldn't make the comparison if you didn't fit the bill," he shrugged, limping along side Conall as quickly as he could.
"I don't!" His hackles began to raise, lip curling.
"You'd be surprised. Just tone it down," Tristan urged.
"I told you to shut up, old man!" A growl followed Conall's raising voice.
"Conall, watch your mouth when you speak to-" The old bru was cut off when a large black paw swung at his face. It came at him from the right, and with one less leg to balance on and little strength, he toppled over. There was true fear in his eyes, looking up at that massive, familiar form. He shuddered. The only difference now was those golden eyes instead of emerald green. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't teach his son a lesson without a death wish. He refused to roll over anymore than the strike had sent him, which was about half way on his side.

Conall felt fire building in his stomach, shooting up into his chest. He stared down at the pathetic form of his father, just laying there, flinching. This was his predecessor? What a disgrace. He lunged forward, snapping his teeth just by Tristan's cheek. A few hairs were shorn from his face. He held there for a second, breath flaring from his nostrils like a bull. The realization slowly crept over him that Tristan may have been right, and that this sudden attack had been no exception. He backed away, showing no signs of guilt, for there were none. He was merely letting him get to his feet. They locked eyes for a moment, before he forced his father to look away as he stood shakily. Some warrior he must have been.
Back to top Go down
http://asediado.tumblr.com
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 3:10 pm

Listening to Blades words followed by his brothers Akiko managed a satisfied nod and cut the wolf a break by stepping away. His answer was as good as any she had ever heard and Blade had not exactly spoken poorly of him though he did not lift him up either. Facts, she could work with those. There were always too many that were boasting about what they could do but never in the sight of others. Glancing back to where she had left the others she noticed the approach of the pack and that most had settled around her. A silent content growl rumbled in her chest, aside from Petra everyone had survived this latest intrigue of mother nature pretty much damage free. And it looked as if they were going to gain some new members while they're were at it. Finally looking back at Niveus she nodded again as if confirming her thoughts. "Very well, you have my express permission to stay here though Damean holds final judgement, but I see no reason for him to deny you. We could use another fighter to walk these woods." Two other forms drifted in the side of her vision, two wolves she had not seen for some time but knew from the scent on the winds still lurked.

Mentally she dismissed them and looked to the foreigner who sat with Rawbones. Yet another new face and he had been up on the hill when Damean had cast out his brother. She gave him a cursory glance before she addressed him. "And you, what is it that you seek? I saw you speaking to Rawbones and you ar- " Her sentence ended when from the very two she dismissed from her mind earlier caused a small outburst from a small distance away. The elder bru lay on the ground, Conall over him getting in his face. Akiko thought for sure that the hessian would go for a killing blow until he suddenly broke off and backed away. Looking over to Blade she spoke no words but indicated with her head towards the pair. She could trust Blade to sort the matter out while she dealt with this new wolf. If anything she wished she could trade jobs....on with it now. Attention back on Skyfall she stared blankly at him. "Where were we...you spoke to Rawbones and you are still here so your purpose must be at least worth hearing...?" She ended the sentence as a question allowing the bru to pick up the thought trail.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 5:08 pm

He glanced to see Niv's reaction as Akiko backed off, noting that his expression didn't change once he had space once more. Apparently the other would be able to adapt to life here without too much difficulty. Instead, Blade watched him nod respectfully in respond. Akiko turned her attention on other wolves.

Tristan and Conall's argument, though, inadvertently disrupted the beta. A silent command was sent his way before turning back to the new wolf. Silently, Blade stalked over, growling out once he was standing right in front of the pair, "Explain, one at a time. Don't leave out information." The pack had just finished their encounter with damn elk. Now a series of family issues, with the latest being the most physical.

He could tell by looking that Tristan was deteriorating with age, more obviously and quickly than Rawbones was. The leg probably wasn't doing him any favors. That didn't necessarily equate to a son almost killing his father. He was curious what got the younger so mad and wondered what had prevented him from delivering the final blow, but they hadn't seen if the elk were still around, which kept him on edge. Perhaps he'd set Niv up in a spar if Conall really needed an outlet for whatever rage he carried. The pair hadn't had any contact with the rest of the pack, so Blade wasn't aware of Conall's temperament. He dismissed both wolves as threats, but wouldn't hesitate to strike back for the kill if he were to come under attack. Orange orbs flashed to Conall, indicating for him to speak first, and a warning to not try anything, which would give time for Tristan to stand up.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 12:41 pm

Skfyall waited for the white Beta to speak with him, as she took care of more important matters first. He stared straight ahead into the thickness of the woods, the trees tall, dark, and looming above them. Even though spring was here, there was still a frost to his breath, a chill beneath his paws. It had been a long winter, one that appeared to be delaying summer. He wondered if the lands would look any different; they were, overall, pale and ashen, as if a fire had ravaged over them long, long ago. A sad, mournful feeling developed in his heart... Is this what his homelands, once flourishing and green, would come to look like, if he were to go back? No, there was no going back now. He had made it over the mountains, and he was not sure if he could make a return journey.

Form snapped to attention by default as Akiko's piercing blue eyes were laid upon him, which he regarded with cool, steely eyes. "My business is my own, but I assure you that it is no threat. I am a traveler, from over the mountains, a passerby through your packlands. I humbly request a place to stay before continuing my journey," he replied, his tongue likely sounding too formal and thick with a dialect not from around here. A snarl and a yelp erupted from behind him, but he did not flinch, for he knew without looking that he was far away enough from the commotion not to be involved. He watched as it attracted Akiko's attention, to which she delegated to another wolf. Interesting. So, this was how this pack worked. He wasn't sure what he had been expecting; perhaps something a little bloodier, a little more vulgar. He did not let his face betray his thoughts, though. "Rawbones simply wanted you to hear me out."

Skyfall spoke in a strange way, Echo observed. It was stranger than when he had spoken to Rawbones; more clipped, to the point, but with that same, tempered baritone. She wondered how long he would stay, and how he would fit in. It was no doubt that like the rest of the wolves around her, he had his secrets. Even Niv, the new wolf that had been poking around the densite with Blade and Petra earlier, had his. Everyone did. Akiko. Rawbones. Exodus. Damean... Yes, Damean had his secrets too, ones that he kept close to his chest and snapped at whoever tried to take a look inside. Echo could and couldn't understand why; she could, because she kept her own personal demons close to her, but she couldn't because she hated to see him drown in his anger and misery. She knew it was the reason why he wasn't here right now, though she had pushed him away. It was such a confusing time, for the both of them, and she could only hope that things between them would be all right in the end. They were a part of the same pack, afterall. Thinking of Damean, the sound of a fight rose not far from them, and when her heliotrope orbs looked up she thought she saw him, his form large and black, filling out in all the right places for a male wolf. It wasn't until she heard his voice did she realize that it wasn't Damean.

"Conall?" she said, her voice catching in her throat. She hadn't seen the bru since last fall... Where had he gone? Why had he come back? What had happened to him? Then she saw the old, tri-hued wolf lying on the ground below him, and there was an aura of bloodlust on Conall's figure, and Echo felt the need to run to him, drag him by the scruff to the ground, and demand what the hell was wrong with him. But no, she didn't, that wasn't the right course of action. Instead, she snapped her eyes to the ground at her toes, her nails digging into the dirt. Go get that son of a bitch and teach him who's boss, the voice inside her head said, but she pushed it down. It's not the right thing to do, she replied to it. He may have been gone a long time, but he's still my friend.

"Rawbones," she said, breaking the war inside her head with the sound of her own voice. She didn't look up as she spoke. "I need to begin my training. I don't think it can wait any longer."

Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 1:14 am

Rawbones gave a subtle nod approval at Akiko's decision to keep Niv amongst their ranks. There was no reason to turn him away. Besides, he had blood relations in the pack, and certainly he and Blade had unfinished business to speak of. His attention turned with Akiko's to look upon Skyfall. It was not until the conversation was interrupted and Akiko turned with a disgruntled look upon her visage that Rawbones noticed the two wolves that had been approaching. Suddenly aware of them, he got to his paws with hackles rising, scenting the air quickly. He recognized Tristan's scent, and then his son's. Still, his eyes were whirling with anger, seeing what was happening. He wanted to march over and tear the youngster a new hide, regardless of the fact that Tristan had once been his enemy. He hated to see young hauty wolves throwing their weight around. "Boy, you better fix that look on your face before I come over there and tear an eye out!" he shouted, a growl rumbling in his chest. He was sure Conall knew why his father was missing an eye. He watched as Blade was sent over to settle the outburst, snorting in content with the choice of wolves to deal with the situation. He would probably deal with it in a much more reasonable fashion than Rawbones would have.

His attention was drawn away from the scene when he heard his name, and he was glad for it when he saw Echo there to distract him. He was getting a little too fired up. Perking his ears to her, he heard her words and understood. She was not being impatient; it was simply time to get started. "Right," he said with a nod, "Sorry to have kept you waiting." She wouldn't learn much by hovering around the pack as they mingled. He strode over to Akiko, forcing himself to find the strength in his elderly limbs. He dipped his head to her. He hated to interrupt, but he felt it was urgent to get Echo started with her training. "I will tend Bloodeye's densite," he stated quickly, "Echo will be with me." He nodded his head, then whipped around and came back to Echo. "Let's head out," he said, his tone commanding, "We'll be guarding Bloodeye's whelping den, since she is alone. We can make use of our time there. Lead the way." Although a simple task to follow a scent trail, it would be good for her to exercise her senses. He would have much to teach her in order to hone her fighting skills and help her to control the beast within. She also needed to keep her body fit and her reflexes sharp. Waiting for her to catch the scent herself, he knew he had a lot of work ahead of him, and he began to doubt if he would maintain the energy to do so.
Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

Number of posts : 472
Pawprints : 817
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 4:00 am

Tristan picked himself up gingerly from the ground. He huffed and shook the soil from his coat, a discontent rumble steadily beating in his throat. He was silent and despite his desire to beat the living daylights out of Conall, he knew there was not much else he could do if he wanted his life. He had turned to limp away in the course of Akiko's command to Blade, and was stopped short of departing at the bru's voice. Obediently, he turned back toward Blade and after a deep sigh, responded. "Seems the boy has a temper on him. I would have done more but..." He gestured to his back leg, useless as it had been for years.

The young black wolf rolled his eyes and scoffed at Blade's beckoning. What the hell did he care about Tristan anyway? Wasn't he one of the ones who had chased him off all those years ago in the first place? He stood there, displaying neither submission nor dominance, but showing him a smirk. Like he cared what this hessian wanted. "Look, the old man was challenging me. He kept pushing and wouldn't shut his mouth so I took him down a peg." He flicked his chin at Blade, adding a brow raise. "Why, you care about a lame duck?"

His eyes flashed suddenly when another voice leered at him. Another old man? What was with these senior citizens and running their mouths? He recalled this bru was Rawbones, the one who had taken Tristan's eye in the first place. What a clever threat he made. 'Go on then,' he thought, 'Show me how you really did it.' Outwardly, he offered a sarcastic wag of the tail and beckoned to him as he wandered off with Echo. "Perhaps when you've finished babysitting!" He called after him when they turned to leave. His attention returned to Blade, though in the back of his mind, his old friend was suddenly more apparent than he had realized. "Boy, you all suddenly seem to love my daddy now, don't you?"

It didn't matter what any of these other wolves did or said to him. Tristan would sulk away in the end. He was too emotionally broken, too physically weak, to make it here anymore. Good. One less problem on his back. The ebon bru did have one secret pang, however, watching Echo walk away. He knew her eyes had been on him, but refused to recognize her until they had time to catch up. He didn't pine for her. No, he just missed friendship. The little weakness he would not admit. It was one of the main things he resented his father for. He had taken him away from everything. Mentors, friends... a real pack life. He had that once, all too briefly. Now it ate away at him while he watched Echo go off to train with some crotchety old man. It made him sick to his stomach, and it took everything to continue paying attention to Blade until he finally had some time to himself.
Back to top Go down
http://asediado.tumblr.com
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 10:09 am

Echo couldn't help but smile at Rawbones' threat to Tristan; she didn't know the history of the two, but they were old enough and opposite enough to be elderly brothers. She knew that neither of them would like that idea, so she kept it to herself. They both were a part of the pack, afterall, and everyone became a brother or sister to one another after a while. Even Conall, who had been gone so long, was still a part of her... A part of her childhood, her friendship, at least. She didn't know what would become of him. Only time would tell. She hoped that he would not get lost in the dark with his personal demons.

"Yes," was all Echo said to Rawbones' suggestion, her tone firm and decisive, and stood up to follow the direction she had seen Bloodeye run off in. She did not follow the trail immediately, but instead licked her nose to get a better scent on the wind. It was something Akiko and Rawbones had done when they had been scouting out the area for prey, many months ago. Bloodeye's birthing scent was more pungent than she expected, rich and metallic with blood, and she took off at an easy pace for where she hoped to find her den, traveling upwind as it blew downwind. She heard Conall's jeer behind them, but she ignored it. If memory served, he had always had a rough mouth.

When the wind could no longer penetrate through the trees, now thick and huddled together like birds in the cold, she turned her nose to the ground. It hadn't taken them very long to venture deep into the terrace, where only a few rays of grey light stabbed through the canopy to reach the forest floor. Echo paused, distracted from her goal, suddenly feeling that this was all very familiar. No. She had never been to this part of Jabbar before. Why would it feel familiar? She couldn't place her paw on it, but shook her head, deciding not to dwell on it. She put her nose back to the ground, Bloodeye's scent much more rich than it was then, and she followed it to a slight hill. A grove of trees had sprouted on top of a dark hole, which Echo knew to be the den, hearing Bloodeye's labored breathing from inside. Amethyst eyes went to Rawbones for further instruction; Bloodeye was more likely to trust in his words and help than hers. Mothers were fiercely territorial, and Bloodeye was one of the last wolves Echo wanted to cross.

Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 1:18 pm

He made no noise, nor did his eyes give anything away as Blade closed in, quickly snapping the air just hair lengths in front of, Conall's muzzle, pulled back just a few inches and said, "Analyze, if you're so smart, and drop the attitude until you can back it up. Picking on deteriorating wolves just because he was able to say some words and push your buttons? Pathetic. And said wolf being your father, I see he had good reason for doing so. You're the one who needs to be knocked down. Is 'caring' for your father really the only cause that comes to your head? There are more than five drastically different ones I can think of off the top of my head, and I'm in the position of being the biased and more close minded. I don't care for him. I wouldn't even blink if he keeled over. Given the choice between the two of you, he's still more valuable. I'll leave it to a whiny, undisciplined whelp like you to figure out why... and if you actually have brains somewhere in that jumble of muscle, you'd have been able to answer your own questions."

Without moving or looking away from Conall, he barked out, "You, Tristan, should also analyze, though it's probably crossed your mind. Why is Conall like this, and how are you going to react with that knowledge? Both of you are to wait for and address Akiko when she's done with the newcomers and to remain with the pack for the time being to reestablish communications. And you, Conall, while you wait, are going to pick a wiling sparring partner. Maybe some exercise with those younger than your father will cool that attitude. You can see Echo once she's finished with Rawbones. Pick your fights carefully. As an example, it'd look good to beat an expert warrior such as Niveus, and you'd be expected to lose a spar with him. On the other hand, a wolf like me... In general it wouldn't look like much for a warrior to spar someone not as suited, but think of the embarrassment if a scrawnier wolf like me won a spar?"

He tilted his head in an adapted shrug, "But of course, you can fight someone your age. Echo and Damean are busy at this moment, but you can spar with them a bit later. I have no doubts you'd be ready for a second go." He wasn't about to let the kid off alone for the time being. Conall's attitude would only grow if left alone or to Tristan. It was understandable why he wanted the pair to live separate from the pack, but it didn't mean his son couldn't interact every so often. And now it'd felt like he'd given a whole speech. If they hadn't been so dense, he wouldn't have had to spell everything out. That wasn't even all he wanted to say, but if he condensed it all, Conall wouldn't understand a thing.

"Know this, kid. I currently don't respect you, but I, and anyone else, will give tips if you are civil and ask. Pack is stronger than ridiculous arguments, and attitude doesn't get anyone anywhere." His eyes briefly flickered to Tristan, implying the second statement was aimed to both of them. It wasn't his job to parent anyone though, so he gestured with his head towards the pack. Stupid wolves. Echo was far more disciplined and intelligent, even if she was still rough around the edges. Damean was developing, although he'd still have to be observed to make sure the stress wasn't getting to him. It'd probably be good for Damean to spar later, as well. He's been adapting well, but he also needs battle experience. Perhaps he could recruit Niveus to aid with that if Akiko couldn't. Rawbones was also an option, but probably less for actual sparring and more for advice and tips.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:46 am

The elder tensed, frozen to the spot as he heard Conall's challenging retort. Rawbones shot him a caustic glare, narrowing his eyes. That better be a promise, I will be back, he thought, irate. Gritting his teeth, he forced himself to turn around and follow after Echo, knowing it was much more important to tend to her training than get in a fight. Still, he let loose a furious growl as he went, spitting out the words, "Insolent pup!" He couldn't stand such a mouthy youth. He trotted after Echo, his fiery gaze fixed on the ground as he set one paw in front of the other. He lifted his nose periodically, scenting the air to ensure they were still on course. She did well tracking down the den, although he noticed when she paused. She seemed distracted and almost confused, and he was suddenly able to forget his quarrel with the younger male. He wondered what had made her stop in her tracks so abruptly. He said nothing, giving her time to find her bearings and adjust her direction. Suddenly she was off again, as though she'd never lost the scent. Maybe she hadn't. Something had bothered her, but he couldn't tell what. Perhaps she would say something in time, or perhaps it was nothing at all.

At last they came upon the site, where the birthing scent was heaviest, mixed with a light milky fragrance. All was quiet, save for the muffled squeals of the newborns. No other wolves had been here. For a moment, Rawbones pitied the fae within the den. It was so easy for a male to have his way with a fae in heat, and when the whelps came it was just as easy to disappear. He saw Echo looking to him, and realized she was waiting for him to announce their presence. Ears folded back, and he gave an audible sigh. Even he didn't wish to approach the den. Although, he'd never been struck down by a denning fae, and he'd been around for more than a few births... however, the notion of it was still unnerving. Shrugging, he forced himself to approach the den's entrance. He was met instantly with a low growl and crimson orbs gleaming with hostility. He seated himself, not looking down into the dark tunnel. "It's Rawbones," he stated quickly, watching out of the corner of his eye for movement, "Echo and I will be guarding the area surrounding your den. Let us know if you need anything." He waited a moment, giving her time to process the information.

He jumped a little when her form suddenly appeared at the den's entrance, and she came to sit outside. Remaining still, he listened to her speak just briefly, then nodded to her. He heard the whelps inside crying out, while Bloodeye ignored them. He cocked a brow to her, but she merely glared at him, so he shrugged and turned around. He padded over to Echo. "Ready to get started?" he asked her. He wanted to get her started on something that wouldn't be too disruptive with the whelps nearby. He looked to the surrounding area, the training space they had to work with. It was rather dense, so there wouldn't be much room for them to practice anything together. Still, there were exercises she could do on her own. "I'll show you how to make use your environment when you haven't got a training partner," he said, moving over to a wide tree. It was something he hadn't done himself in a long time, but not something he'd forgotten. He positioned himself several feet in front of the tree, then leapt up - he struck first with forepaws, then turned himself at the precise moment so that he could kick off with his hinds. As he landed upon the ground again, his claws dug into the terra and he whipped around to face the tree, positioned to lunge again - however, he shook himself off and stood straight. He winced slightly as his muscles and joints protested against his sudden, sharp movements.

It was a simple exercise in agility, learning how to manoeuver one's own body to keep balance, as well as constant movement. "I want you to work on that until you never lose your footing again," he said, adding, "And you must build your strength and endurance. Travel the territory of Jabbar every day, and take your training seriously." He nodded her, indicating her to get started. Once she could control her body effortlessly, it would become easier to find a way to harness the inner demons to her advantage. She already had a greater advantage than he did, and that was her cool attitude. Rawbones had always been one to react to anything that provoked him, but Echo had a special talent when it came to questioning her emotions and the actions of others. He moved out of the way and flopped onto the ground, hoping she would keep busy for a while.

+Pain+Hate+Lies+Guilt+

Bloodeye awoke with a start as she heard pawsteps outside her den. Not knowing who was there, she emitted a low, rumbling growl. She hated that her instincts forced her to care for the sniveling balls of fur within her den. Looking out, she saw a familiar form and recognized the scent, but it was not one she was pleased to see. There was just one wolf she wanted to see right now, someone who could rid her of her problems and end this nonsensical chain of instinct. Denning, birthing, nursing, protecting... why even bother? When Rawbones spoke, she slipped out of the den, smirking when she saw him startle slightly. She sat down, blocking the tunnel's entrance, tail wrapping gingerly around her base. "I don't need anything," she rasped, her throat dry, "Perhaps just some fresh air." Now that she was out of the den, she felt compelled to stay out. She could hear the pitiful whining from within, knowing that they called to her, needing her. But why go back in to ease their worries? She knew that the longer she stayed in there, the more difficult it would be to leave again. She needed to separate herself from them.

She saw the old man looking at her questioningly, as though wondering why she ignored the pup's cries. She locked eyes with him for a moment, willing him to mind his own. At last he shrugged and stalked away, returning to Echo. Blinking, Bloodeye backed herself into the den just slightly, so that she could take in the fresh scents of the woods while her hind stayed warm and cozy. She watched as Rawbones got to work showing Echo a basic training move, and chuckled to herself. Lucky me, she thought sarcastically, I have a senior and an untrained whelp to protect me. Snorting, she turned her head away, placing it on her paws. She was growing weary of the guilt and the confusion weighing down on her. More than anything she just wanted to flee and find a new life, yet at the same time that simple notion bored her to tears. She wasn't interested in meeting new wolves in a far off place. She just wondered when the excitement of life would come her way.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 11:18 pm

Echo's ears flattened at Bloodeye's growl from within the den. Again, she was one of the last wolves she wanted to cross; she knew she wouldn't be here whatsoever if not for Rawbones. She knew in her head that the fae wouldn't hurt them, as they were a part of the pack, but instinct ran through her core. You can take that bitch if she does anything anyways, said the voice in her head, to which she ignored and pushed down. She clawed at the dirt with her nails, digging up a worm, watching it squirm in the dark, rich earth. She heard the rasp of Bloodeye's voice and she was surprised to hear her out of the den, leaving her whelps crying and squealing behind. At the same time, she wasn't surprised, given Bloodeye's careless nature. For some reason, it made Echo uncomfortable... She continued to distract herself by burying the worm back into the earth, where it would be kept safe from the weather and birds.

Rawbones' words came to her and she nodded, her brow firm. "Yes," she replied with the utmost seriousness, and stood at attention. She was the student, and he was the teacher, and Bloodeye was the audience... whether she was watching or not. Echo's silvery, heliotrope-hued eyes locked on Rawbones, ready to soak in what he had to show, grasp whatever concept he threw. "Using my surroundings," she reiterated."Got it." She nodded again. She watched as he turned and leapt at a thick tree trunk - at first, Echo thought he was going to run into it, but he hit it with his front paws, and then his back, kicking himself off of it to land on the ground. It was a smart, quick maneuver, she could see, likely used for close corners in dense forest such as this. When he said that this would be her exercise, she knew that she would be at it, and here, until she mastered it.

Rawbones went to lay down and watch or rest, whatever was required of him. Echo released a heavy breath held in her chest, facing the same tree he had bounced off of, his long talons having left scratches in the old, wet bark. She knew it would be a long time until she could reach the height that he had, but it wasn't about the height or the strength behind the movement. She briefly meditated on the action, imagining herself pushing off of the tree as her teacher had, and before she realized it her legs were pumping beneath her, sprinting for the tree. A wild thought suddenly occurred to her - when was she supposed to jump? If she jumped too early, she wouldn't reach the tree, and if she jumped too late, she would smack right into it. The idea came so suddenly that she skidded to a halt, the dirt digging between her toes. She promptly whirled around and went back to what she considered her "starting line". Coward.

A small snarl escaped her at the words in her head. To those around her, they would assume it was frustration. The young white wolf began in the same position as before, but now her muscles were more coiled, her thoughts more focused. It wouldn't be hard. She took off at a run again and leapt without thought, her front paws outstretched to grab the tree, and she felt the bark crunch in her claws. She pushed off like Rawbones had with her back legs, but gravity had other things to say. She came crash-landing down onto the forest floor, her left shoulder catching most of her fall. She tumbled, and a louder, more vicious snarl burst from her throat. That wasn't supposed to happen. Work until it's perfect. I know perfection. I am perfection. Work for me.. She closed her eyes and shook her head. She couldn't let that voice - that inner demon - get the best of her like that. What she was doing was for herself. For Rawbones. For the pack... For Damean. She was a danger to herself just as much as she was a danger to everyone else. Yes. That is the value she would have to focus on. What she was working on was for the pack, not for the beast within.

She released another sigh, and returned to her starting line. Her heart beat in her ears, and she knew that she was becoming more worked up about this than necessary. "Run," she commanded herself, and again, headed for the tree. "Jump," she said, and all four paws left the ground. "Push," she grunted, feeling the bark against her pads, clutching the tender bark of the trunk. "Turn," she said, kicking off with her hind legs. "Land," she muttered, all four paws on the ground again. "Turn," she said once more, facing the tree.

That was it. That was the motion, the steps, the way to do it. Echo didn't look to Rawbones for approval or praise. This was an exercise. It was expected of her to get it completed, until it could be done without effort. She went back to her starting line, and once more, took off for the tree. "Run. Jump. Push. Turn. Land. Turn," she said in sequence with her movements, drilling it into her head, exhaling at each step. Sometimes she succeeded, and sometimes she did not. More than once, did she fall and have to push her anger down. Though not much sun filtered through the trees in this part of the wood, what did shifted and changed, until it showed that significant time had passed. The birds began to sing at the twilight hour. It was around this time did Echo begin to slow and pant, her legs shaky beneath her. Her muscles burned and she feared her body giving out on her; it had taken quite the beating, afterall, though self-inflicted. "Run. Jump. Push. Turn. Land. Turn," she repeated several more times, until she found that she did not have to say it out loud at all. She could hear the words in her head, louder and clearer than the other voice that was often there.

Finally, she could not take the practice anymore. As she landed once more and headed back for her starting line, she looked to Rawbones for guidance. "I need water," she said, unable to hide the slight whimper in her voice. She was too tired to restrain her composed demeanor at the moment. She glanced at Bloodeye's den, wondering if she had been watching, or even bothered to. Her gaze returned to Rawbones, waiting for an answer.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd
Page 12 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next