Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley

Go down 
+22
Bear
Ruffian
White wolf
flamewolf6
mikalaisangel09
Sheawolf88
_Sensable_
Moohn
Zanderslip
HaruXD
silverbrushedfur
EDITOR
__silvers__
WarriorWolf
Morbid Joke
FoSsY
Starrlight
Silent
Kouga9
akkanatrum
rainstorm111
Shadowed
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 5:24 pm

Robin nodded. Maroon eyes snapped to Jewel. "Your mother and I wanted to tell you earlier, to give you time to prepare," he said, hoping that she wasn't angry. "And I'm relieved to see that you're safe from the stampede." He nuzzled her cheek with a suppressed whimper, showing that she still meant the world to him, and that above all, love and family is what meant the most to him. He smiled and winked at Doctor, and then loped off for the Low Dens. "Ali! Ali!" he barked, sliding down the muddy spring hillside, hoping that his voice would reach her ears. Birth and blood was in the air, and he turned away from his and Ali's den to Bright's den; it made sense that Ali would be there, seeing as it was the closest. He ducked his head into the tight space. "Ali? Are you all right?"

The husky whimpered and groaned, curled in extreme pain. She was bleeding. "Robin?" she panted in between contractions. This was more than a difficult delivery. She needed help, medicine, and was unable to move. Robin was too large to fit inside the den. "Where... Where is Jewel? I need her help."

"She's helping Doctor. They're on their way, but it's going to take a little time," Robin replied. "What do you need?"

"Garlic... and spiderwebs. Red raspberry leaf, too... Hurry, my love. Hurry."

"With utmost haste," Robin said, and turned on his heel, bounding for the meadow. It was where he knew there were plenty of plants and herbs, but he didn't know what was in season, much less what all of them looked like. He would have to use his nose to find the strong-smelling garlic, and his eyes for the spiderwebs and raspberry leaves. It would take extra concentration, but he was determined to find the herbs, for Ali's sake, if not his future children.

It didn't take Ali long for the first pup to come. She couldn't tell how many she was expecting, but as she licked clean the first one, she noted how small it was. It was either the runt, or premature, or she was having many more than she expected. She didn't let her hesitance get the best of her now, though, as she didn't want her newborn son to panic. He nestled into her warm fur, still fluffed from winter, and he suckled on one of her many teats. She wanted to push him away, in case she may be infected, but who else would be able to provide milk? It was such a complicated situation, and she had none to help her. Where was Jewel? Where was Doctor? She couldn't do this alone.

Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 1:15 pm

He didn't physically react to her joke, but when she ended with an apology, an expression flashed across his face, too quick for identification, before he responded, "Jewel. There's not need to apologize. I chose to push you out of the way, knowing the consequences. If you feel you must apologize, I'll forgive you as much as you need. Really. And you're smart. Maybe still learning and thus, less knowledgeable, but still so very smart."

Looking towards his injuries, he said, "A reapplication of herbs on these wounds might be a good idea. It'll give me a bit more energy." If the herbs were aiding the healing, he could channel a bit more energy into movement. He sat down, careful not to put weight on either of his injured legs.

He paused, giving her time to start working with the herbs, as well as trying to phrase his next statement properly, and knowing Jewel could potentially interpret his words the wrong way. Doctor's words were slower, more careful, "This won't necessarily be the most... tact thing I've ever said, but all I ask is that you consider this, and ask questions if you want clarification so you don't misunderstand. From what I have experienced, there are a few fixed actions in time, while the rest aren't. This was one of those points that could change. I could have pushed you out of the way without injury to myself. I may have found the situation too dangerous to endanger myself. Or, I may even have been going the wrong way in my search for you. Anything could have happened. On the other hand, your brother... Robbie. His leaving... may have been one of those fixed points- maybe not necessarily that particular moment that he did, but it might have been inevitable. It's not your fault, it's not his, and it's not your parents'. It doesn't make it any easier, I know, but think about how he behaved with you before leaving- did anything change or not? Maybe this pack didn't align with his ideas as he grew up. Or maybe he found an idea he realized liked better."

He cast to gaze away from Jewel, not wanting to see what he thought he knew would be the epitome of anger, "I do not wish him to be gone from the pack, but every wolf sees the world and their experiences a little differently. While we can temper ourselves to see otherwise, we still have unchangeable core ideas. Those moments that depend on such things are fixed." His eyes were glazed over in thought, remembering someone who fit exactly what he just described. A wolf who used to be his comrade, a wolf who was now his enemy and wanted Doctor out of the picture. The wolf he just had a hunch was within the lands of Fire and Ice, but not this pack.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:09 pm

Jewel blinked looking at her mother in shock. She watched her spew the words that she was going to be a big sister and then jogged away. Blinking her two toned hues she glanced at Doc. Her mouth opened and then she shut it. she wasn't sure how she felt about that. Happy and yet...replaced? Perhaps it was just the fact that her brother wasn't here to share in it with her that made her feel so.

A forced smile hit her lips. "That's wonderful." she said trying to make her voice sound genuine. "Just what the pack needs....we will grow strong again." She said as if trying to reassure herself. Her father's voice came then suddently and she blinked at him. "She hurried off to the low dens." Jewel echoed Doctor as she looked to her father who seemed frantic with worry.

Doctor's voice then came to her, speaking of her mother. She shook her head and looked at Doc. 'No...we need to get you down to the low dens too. That way if she has complications we have someone smarter than me there to ask." She grinned trying to make a joke of it. Plus he was pack...pack was family...blood or not. You didn't leave for one when another needed you. She thought of Robbie and her throat grew tight."What can I help with first Doctor." She paused. "I am sorry...you got hurt...because of me." She added softly, pain in her two toned gaze. Her emotions of late were all over the board it was getting harder to rein them in but she blinked her eyes and looked passive once more.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Pawprints : 1889

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:52 pm

He smiled at Jewel, nonverbally agreeing that her timing was fine. Doctor noticed the change in Ali, as she started to panic. He said, "Be safe," and watched her go, ready for the disappearance of support. Now that he was upright, he could at least keep his balance. Minutes later, Robin came barreling into view, looking eager, and clearly looking for his mate.

Shaking a bit, he said, "Low dens." Grinning in reassurance, he said, "She's not injured, but I would make haste. She'll need her mate for support, Robin." He wasn't sure how much he suspected, despite Ali saying she didn't tell him the litter was this season.

Glancing at Jewel, he said, "Your mother sounded surprised... not always a good sign from one knowledgeable in these events, especially since she has experience. I'd understand if you want to make sure she's ok. If she's in the Low Dens, all my wares were washed out, so I don't have anything if there are complications." Although Ali had asked of her daughter to aid him, he was going to make sure Jewel had an out to support her family. A wonder flashed across his eyes briefly, a thought, wondering if support from blood family was different than with pack family and friends. He turned to look in the direction Robin had come, where he assumed the pack was. The herbs Jewel gathered would be nice, and he could prepare that himself; he was also waiting for the others to make their move. The appearance of difficulty walking would only convince Jewel to remain to help, seemingly taking the decision out of her paws.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Pawprints : 1971

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 7:29 pm

After several moments of silence, it became clear to Robin that Priest had no interest in conversing with him further. It was either that, or he felt that he had been waiting too long for an answer; there was an insistent urge rising in his chest, one that told him he needed to see his family. He had faith that they were well and recovered from the elk migration, but even so, there was something else on his mind. The snow around him had melted much quicker than springs before, and he knew that summer was right around the bush. "Pardon the interruption, but I must find my family. I have the feeling that something important is happening," he said, whether Priest was listening or not, and headed for the Low Dens once more. He wanted to sprint there, following his nose, but he didn't want to accidentally run into a stray elk or moose that had come lower into the valley to escape the harsh winters above. As he descended, the grass was beginning to grow green and the trees were wet, and the air was warm instead of the iciness he was familiar with. Not only did he follow his nose, but he headed into the direction that Ali's howl from earlier had come from, near the path of the elk herd.

---.---

As soon as the words had come out of her mouth, something jolted within Ali. "Doctor, I... I think... I have to go," she sputtered, unable to hide the panic in her voice. Wide, cerulean eyes turned to her daughter. "I wanted to tell you earlier, sweetheart, that you would be a big sister this year, sooner that I expected, too. Help Doctor to the rest of the pack. I have to go to the Low Dens. They're closest." She turned away, another contraction spasming in her abdomen, making for a lopsided jog downhill. She needed to get there fast, but the ground beneath her was slick with mud, wet by the melting snow, and she could only pray to Fenrir that the Low Dens weren't flooded. She wasn't sure what she would do or where she would be able to go. She wasn't going to take any chances birthing anywhere else.

She let out a sigh of relief as the lakeshore came into view, but it was short-lived. She nearly collapsed at the next contraction, a pain splitting up her torso, through her eyes, and all the way to the tip of her nose. Her last delivery hadn't been this blindingly painful, and she hoped that nothing was wrong with the children inside her. She didn't know what she would do if she lost them all. The husky whimpered, shuffling down the hill, and into the den underneath it. It was Bright's old birthing den from last season; she made a note in her head to apologize to the fem, but her den was the closest and the largest, so Ali had to be resourceful. She crawled inside, moaning all the way, until she reached the back wall. Inside, it was cold and damp, but her body heat soon made it very warm and thick with the scent of birth and blood. This wasn't going to be an easy delivery.

---.---

Finally, two wolves came into view. Robin scampered downhill and came to a muddy halt before Jewel and Doctor, panting. He looked directly at Jewel, first. "Where is your mother?" he asked, eager for answers. Something within just told him that it was Ali's time, and that he needed to be there, however he could help. He next turned to Doctor. "Did she tell you? I haven't seen her since before the stampede..." His throat was tight with worry, and there was a growing ball of guilt in his stomach. He wasn't going to let his family down, ever again, and it was such a high expectation of himself, he wasn't sure what would happen or what he would do if he failed.

Back to top Go down
Dauntless

Dauntless

Number of posts : 17
Pawprints : 36
Registration date : 2012-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 7:55 pm

Cade stayed lying down watching everything silently, not knowing if he really belonged here. He never really been in pack life, never cooperated with other wolves or had more then one wolf near him without being territorial. He looked down, scratching the ground with his paws trying to make it less awkward as he hasn't tried to talk to the other wolves because he didn't know how to 'socialize'. He was a quiet wolf when he didn't need to speak, just liking to observe instead, and stayed in thought about whether he should stay and ask to join the pack or to just leave, making it easier for everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Ruffian

Ruffian

Number of posts : 265
Pawprints : 538
Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 7:40 pm

~...Eve...~

The thick stench of a large and pure pack settled in her nares as she quickened her pace toward the area that a wolf pack had been for a while. Her crimson orbits looked around the large valley as the smell of fresh prey lingered in the undergrowth. Her maw opened in a slight panting position as Eve looked among the realm. A small twitch of her aud gave her the chance to look around the area of the pack, not to cross the kingdom of the Tirisfal Valley wolves. Her obsidian black pelt ruffled as her banner hung between her hinds. The lupa was seeking a pack of this size.

It would give herself as much protection as she would be guarding it. She wasn't quite sure of her skills though, too busy traveling to this land so she wouldn't have to stay in that wicked cold "Greater North." Her scent gave of a snow and dirt smell, with a hint of the type of wolves she was with. They were strong, arctic wolves, built to hold any blizzard that was to come their way. They would overcome it as if it was a light rain storm. But since she was a young pup, she had to be kept in warm climates. She would never survive, due to her runt like body. Eve shook her cranium as the slightly noises was from the higher up rocks. Slowly and carefully not to cross, she got a little bit closer to the area that the wolf's scents were stronger. Softly, she gave out a bark with a hint of howl. "Hello?"

Her canines closed together as Eve sat against the green grass, thinking to herself. Her parents had blamed her with depression when she was really young. Would that be a problem in the pack? The maiden couldn't help to have the feelings of sorrow, but what would happen if the pack would not accept that fact about her personality?

----------------
Cobalt

His maw settled calmly under his muzzle as he slowly limped around the territory to head up to the other in the pack. The gash on his forehead was still there, but wasn't bleeding or giving him any pain. Cobalt looked down to his paw, seeing that it was healing quite well. Perhaps soon, he could put pressure on it and begin to walk normally again. His dark beige body seemed to blend with the various trees that laid in the valley. As the scents of the ones he knew entered his nasal passages, he thought to himself about what his purpose was in the pack. Right now, the hessian wasn't really any help to the pack. Broken paw, unsociable, not aware of what was happening around him...

As he neared the domicile, his scent carried around as he could see the others. The wounded was being care for, making sure everyone was alright. A unnoticeable whimper escaped his vocal cords, happy to see everyone alright. Cobalt then walked a ways into the area and planted his torso on the ground. His lobes laid backwards as he rested his head on his bases. The titan watched the activity among the others carefully, taking in every speck of movement.
Back to top Go down
WarriorWolf

WarriorWolf

Number of posts : 355
Pawprints : 649
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:38 pm

She could see how it afflicted her father, mentioning her mother had been a rash decision. Elysia, though growing daily, was still young. Yet, she felt she barely knew her father, and while Bright was a beautiful surrogate, Ely couldnt hide her desire to know more of her biological mother. Still, a part of her knew Nuri would tell her in time. At the moment, he had duties to attend to, and she wouldn't miss the lesson to be learned. Reserving her curious nature, the young fae followed her father over to where Ajax and Esa were. A few wolves had gathered, and while she wanted to bound over and tackle Haru, she knew there was an important conversation to be had. That didn't mean she ignored her friend, and when they got close she moved close enough to bump him with her shoulder, flashing him a smile before looking to where Nuri questioned Ajax.

Elysia made no gesture to indicate that she was surprised by the two whelps closeness, Esa had admired Ajax for a while, or perhaps it was sister intuition that made her ignore it. The adults might not be as perceptive as well, most of them seemed to dismiss how Ajax treated Haru, with the exception of Bright. But sheltering him would make it worse, and there is never room for weak wolves. Elysia had decided that she'd help him get stronger, right the negativity that was put on him. Haru was pack, more so than Ajax in her mind. The hessian ran away, and now he's back with a wolf who seems sketchy, not that she would judge fully yet. Ely watched in silence, wanting to go to her sister, whom she was glad to see safe. She remained rooted next to Haru however, and watching intently, listening to how Nuri addressed the situation.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 1:24 am

A shy smile creased the husky's lips. "No," she responded."Robin doesn't know. However, I trust that you, as a fellow physician, will maintain the utmost confidentiality." In truth, she hadn't had the time until now, when the snow had stopped falling and she had a moment to catch her breath, to tell anyone. "But, he does know that another litter is in the future. I don't think he realizes how soon that day will come." Coming around to tend to her packmate, now, she approached him and placed her muzzle under his chest, trying to help him stand. He leaned against her, testing the sprain, which still needed to be addressed.

At this moment, Jewel returned, mouth full of chamomile. Ali nodded in thanks. "I think you were just in time. I already gave him some medicine, but more is always helpful. He'll need help walking to the Falls," she replied. Seeing her daughter return, however long she took, was something that always made Ali smile. Jewel was loyal to the pack, faithful to her family, and Ali could only hope that one day, her living son would come home with the same ideas. The husky's curled tail thwapped against Jewel's in a happy manner, a glint in her cerulean eyes. She would, of course, need to tell Jewel the news. She hoped that she would be excited to hear it.

Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 2:24 pm

Nuri's eyes went a little distant as Ely asked rather abruptly if he would tell her and Esa about their mother. His ear flicked and though his heart felt heavy he managed a tired smile before she changed the subject back to Ajax. "Yes, we are going to talk about his disappearance...." pausing his eyes trailed over to the hessian who brought him back and he frowned. "I'll handle the bru." He spoke curtly. He could tell by the body language of his pack that they were weary of the brute and he wondered at his purpose...though if he had brought Ajax surely it was not malicious? Little surprised Nuri these days when it came to his fellow lupines. Thoughts of Silent still danced in his head and he knew it was unfair of him to keep anything of their mothers to himself despite the sadness it might cause him. He vowed he would answer their questions when there was more time.

He made a small noise in his throat indicating that his daughter should follow as he stalked over to the pups. Eyes flickering to the retreating form of priest who seemed to be speaking to Robin. Eyes back onto the children he noted the close proximity of Esa and Ajax and he raised a brow at Esa though a smile played at the corner of his mouth before his attention was back on Ajax. "Hello Ajax, It is good to see you are still alive. Mind telling me what happened? And who is your friend?" As the alpha is was clear that he wasn't really asking but he doubted the pup would give him resistance, no matter how willful a child he remembered him being.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

Number of posts : 724
Pawprints : 1290
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 2:44 am

Haru delighted in Ely's closeness, feeling like she wouldn't go anywhere. However, her presence was demanded by her father, and he had to understand that she must go. Realizing that he was now alone with Priest, though the others were not far off Haru sat down awkwardly. He had no choice but to sit and listen as the older male spoke of Serenity, and how things had been between them as pups. He had a hard time believing it, but... could it be true? He glanced in the direction Serenity had gone. Had the old male that he trusted actually tried to kill his own brother? Was it the truth, or was Priest just trying to make himself look better in comparison? I bet you've done lots of awful things in your lifetime, he thought angrily, shuddering as the male went on to give him advice. Did he think Haru would ever be capable of trying to kill anyone, especially his own brother? No matter what Ajax could do to me... I would never hurt him like that, Haru thought, disturbed by Priest's suggestions. Everything about the male gave him the shivers. His brow furrowed, he snorted in good riddance as the brute went off to referee the play going on between Ajax and Esa.

He perked up, getting to his paws when Ajax moved himself from Esa and stood protectively in front of her as Priest bore down on him menacingly. His brother held his own, and Priest left the scene. He hadn't heard exactly what was said between the two, but it all made him tingle with unease. Glancing back to where Ely and Nuri had gone off to speak privately for a few minutes, he noticed that they were heading back this way, but veering off to where Ajax and Esa were. He went over to join them, knowing something important was going to be said, and he didn't want to miss it.

-----------------------------

Esa rose swiftly to her paws when Ajax hopped off of her, glaring at him defensively. However, in a heartbeat she could see that he hadn't meant it, and she gave herself a shake, wishing she hadn't overreacted. She hadn't meant to make him feel bad. "It's okay, Ajax," she assured him, stepping closer to him with a waving tail, "Now I know how strong you've gotten." For the first time she glanced him over with great interest, a suggestive gleam twinkling in her emerald orbs. Then Priest came over, swiping his tail over Ajax's head like he were still a pup to be scolded. Esa wrinkled her nose, irritated by the adult's presence, and the way he made Ajax stand protectively in front of her. Ajax knew this male best. Straining her ears, she could hear what was said between them. Her hackles bristled, wanting to tell the male off, but she also felt curiosity and fear prick at her; what sort of secrets were going on between Priest and Ajax, and what was the bargain he spoke of? She shot a questioning glance to Ajax, but he was trying to find a way to explain... she let it go as his charm made her melt, and she suddenly pressed herself against him.

"We don't have to be afraid of anything," she said, feeling the heat rise on her cheeks, but unable to pull away from him, "That wolf... don't let him push you around. I'll always stand beside you, no matter what he says." She wasn't going to let Priest say anything that would change how she admired Ajax, or how she wanted to be so close to him... as she heard voices coming nearer, she forced herself to pull away from him. She shook herself again, then looked up to see her father and sister coming toward them. She didn't want them to see her fawning over Ajax, even if they knew how she liked him. She didn't need anyone talking about it. That would just irritate her even more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bravequestk9.com
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 3:43 pm

The stampede....the fall...Doctor's broken body. Lucky her mother had been there to take care of him. Jewel felt usless. She knew some things...but she had been afraid, so very afraid to even attempt to help Doctor with his injuries...afraid not that she couldn't help him but that she would do it wrong and he would end up lame for life and her inexperience would be the cause.

Her own bruised body would heal...this she knew instinctively. While the others were not looking she moved. Silently she ghosted herself into the dust that the stampede had left lingering in the air. She ran past the pain in her muscles and vanished into the treeline. A heavy sigh escaped her then and she would slow. The others wouldn't have seen her leave...they had been too focused on Doctor...guilt flooded her then. She should have stayed to help too.

Coward.

Her brother's taunts had rung true. She was too weak. Maybe that is why Cumulus left too. she had thought the brothers all might stay...though they were from another pack...it wasn't unheard of for young males to relocate..plus they could have used their strength.

Another sigh.

Trekking up to a quiet spot along the border she sat. Still as a white marble statue and watched. Thoughts rolled in her head. She missed Robbie. Ears drooped slightly as she wrestled with herself. A familiar scent came to her nostirls. Chamomile...

She sighed once more and then stood and began to collect herbs. She did her task mindlessly though correctly. she couldn't leave the pack. They needed her. A young body to carry on where others couldn't. The wolf is the pack...the pack is the wolf. Sullenly she turned back toward where she had left the others. Hopefully she had gathered enough of the right things to aid in Doctor's healing.

One last glance over her shoulder toward the border and responsibility set her feet in motion. She couldn't abandon the ones she loved...not like Robbie had...

Feet moved into a swift lope and her two toned eyes sought out her mother and where they had moved Doctor. Slowing only when she found them she lay down her goods.

"Sorry..I thought we might need some of these right away." She said softly and looked at her mother and Doctor in turn. "I didn't mean to take so long." Her two toned jewels dropped as she hid her guilt.

OOC: Sorry it took so long....hope it's okay I skimmed to catch up.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:27 am

Doctor grinned, seeing that she'd showed even the faintest sign of a positive emotion. It didn't do anyone good to be worried all the time. It was bad for health. Lots of other things were, too, not that he was often good at taking his own advice. Soon his ears picked up the slowed breathing of Ali, explaining her silence. After making sure nothing threatening was nearby the makeshift shelter, he followed suit, falling into a light sleep, trusting they'd wake up if anything approached.

Ali nudged him awake what felt like soon after. The first thing he noticed was that nothing was falling from the sky anymore before noticing the new layer that had fallen. She told him of her trek for herbs, and he nodded, saying, "Keep safe." As she left, nothing but the snow to keep him warm. Now that he really thought about it, it was ironic, he noticed with a grin. Something cold like this snow saving wolves from a freezing death in the north. There wasn't anything moving, so he drifted back to sleep.

He was bleeding, but that didn't matter. His current opponent was in front of him, boasting in their pack's power, even when loosing. Doctor wouldn't allow these wolves to win. No. Not with their overly large ambitions. Doctor's pack hadn't broken their no-intervention policy for years and years. He knew the story so well it were as if he were actually there. This pack, though, there was no way such heartless creatures would continue their ambitions to take over the continent. If that were to happen and they gained even more followers...

Now he stood, the sounds of fighting at a distance. Two stones in his maw. Special rocks. Rocks that would cause the earth to burn. He'd set everything up to contain it all. The settings of the war had moved, currently on their homeland. Both his pack and their pack were coming for him, knowing of his plan, but not the details. Yes, Doctor could have waited until the war moved back off their land, but the war had hardened even his pack. Rassilon... The brilliant old wolf who had also hardened. Their latest plan was not one they'd have agreed with couple winters ago before the war started. It was too corrupt. He had to stop his foes... and his own pack. In this, the war would end for good and everyone could forget about it. The war that must never be mentioned, or it'd stir up any supporters from other packs for revenge...

He watched as the land burned. Everything had been set up without notice; it wasn't hard due to the constant war. Two flint stones rest at his feet. The fire was contained and wouldn't spread, but these lands would never recover from the fire. Let it be a reminder of the outcome of pride and power to the surrounding packs. These two packs... these two clans, were gone. Just him... He was sure his brother in arms was dead or gone rouge... again. No one had heard from him.

His eyes snapped open at a gentle nudge. Far too gentle for anything from that war. He held his body still for a moment before his ears caught Ali's voice, apparently just arriving back. She was saying something... about the herbs. He picked up the herb names, and could assume the rest of her speedy words before his mind cleared up and he could listen to the rest. He'd been about to respond when she paused, but she spoke again, and...

"Wait, what?" he asked, his dreams instantly forgotten from the... suddenness of the announcement. She... through all this commotion, she diligently did her job through a pregnancy? Did Robin even know? Quickly regaining his ability to speak, he said, "Does Robin know? And congratulations." He didn't her mate knew. He'd have stopped her from the possibility of overworking herself and would have insisted to accompany her to tend to the their packmate's wounds. Back to the matter in hand, though, "I could probably walk, but slowly to prevent the sprain from worsening." It wasn't easy, but simple enough to walk around with a broken limb as long as he held it above the ground. He'd just have to move slower to accommodate for the sprain. He shifted his broken, front limb so it wouldn't take his weight when he stood up, slowly lifting his body, mindful of testing the sprain on his back leg. It would support him. If it would fail him later, he didn't know.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 10:44 pm

Ali laid her head on Nuri's shoulder, a faint smile tracing her lips. "Even when you're injured, you still manage to give good advice," she chuckled. At this moment, she felt her eyes closed, the warmth between them enough to allow her to relax. It had been far too long since she had had a moment to rest... and with what was on the way, she knew she badly needed it. She hadn't told anyone, more or less because their hadn't been the time. She let herself drift off as the snow fell, so that when she woke up again, there was a thin layer on her back and it was done flurrying down. She paused before nosing Doctor, listening to his breath and heartbeat to make sure that he was still with her. "I'll be going now. It shouldn't be long, I promise. Now that it's stopped snowing, the others may come and find you. Howl as loud as you can if you're in any trouble," she kissed him on the forehead and stood, pushing the snow that had been on her towards in. She knew that it was nothing compared to her body, but she could at least try to insulate him a little bit. "I'll be back soon. I promise."

She made off in a trot for the High Dens. Her stock was thin there, but she knew she would always have the basics. She always made sure to have a surplus of it before the winter. There would have been more, but with so many injuries prior to the elk stampede, she hadn't had the time. If she could find Jewel... She sighed. There could have been so many reasons she had run off. She had shown some interest in the one male that had come with two others, Cumulus. And, it was her second year... Ali remembered when she was that age as well, chasing after boys, falling in puppy love. Her first crush, a fellow husky on the sleddog team. Steele. She chuckled to herself, thinking of how long ago that was, and how far she had come. Yes, she missed the sleddog life. The feeling of the harness against her chest, nothing but the raw power of herself and the dogs pulling the sled, ice crunching beneath her feet. Her legs carried her through the snow, for it was what she was built for. She knew she used to be faster than this, but for now, it made sense as to why she was slower. It wasn't until now did she realize it, either. Funny, how distracted she had been, that she hadn't even noticed that she was swelling in girth. Everyone would be surprised.

Ali came upon the dens, though they were barely recognizable in the snow. She ended up digging out Serenity's den before her own by accident, the musty scent of herbs and soil reaching her nares before seeing it. It took some careful maneuvering to reach inside the den, and she managed to grab all of what was left. She would need it, in case anyone else had gotten injured. She wondered if Serenity and his old bones had made it okay, if Cobalt's leg was healing, and if Bright was feeling better. The sun was shining when she finally returned, herbs and all. She nudged her companion to wake him, beginning to chew some of the herbs to wet them and release their antitoxicins. "There's plenty of comfrey to prevent infection and help it heal, but all I have is chamomile for the pain," she said, knowing he would like to hear the details. "The snow's covering everything, so I don't think I'll be able to scrounge up anything for a splint. Do you think you can walk at all? You may be able to lean on me, but there's no way I'd be able to carry you." She paused, realizing how fast she had been speaking, and that it would be a lot for a patient with a mild concussion to comprehend. She took in a deep breath and exhaled, her breath coming out in a cool mist. There was a reason she was talking fast, feeling rushed, for it was the same reason she was larger and slower in this season than she had been in the one prior."Doctor... I... I'm pregnant."

Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 12:42 pm

He nodded his head. Perhaps between his injuries and the cold, his speech was loosening up, not thinking too much about what he was saying. Perhaps it's sound like delirium, or Ali would realize his tight grip on his history wasn't quite so locked now. Doctor confirmed, "I plan on it. Been through too much war for something like this to get me... and my past actions never struck back like this."

He was still alert enough to sense her reluctance of leaving. If Cirrus and his brothers had still been around, he wouldn't have been as worried about Jewel, as the youngest seemed to have an attraction for her. He had confidence Jewel could take care of herself, but understood Ali's worry. "Go when you feel ready. You'll need to be relaxed without regret if you leave. Lack of concentration crossing snow and ice will cause more accidents, and I'm not in much condition to heal anything. I've been awake this long without much problem, so I think this knock on my head is the least of our worries."
Back to top Go down
WarriorWolf

WarriorWolf

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:38 pm

There seemed to be a few moments of thought, she could tell he was thinking. Which left Ely to her own world, in deep beneath her crania. Her mind burst with thoughts quickly, before settling on a few at once. Starting with the strange hessian moving about the pack, though it was curiosity that drove her, not concern. Clearly someone had granted his presence, but everyone seemed wary of him. Haru's alone again, only a few lengths away though, in a moment she could pounce on her packmate. What is father thinking. His physical pull broke her thoughts, and his affection melted any doubt. She rested her frame in comfort, pressing to hear his heartbeat.

The rhythm synced with his jagged words, filling in the nonsense and creating clarity. But the mention of her mother jarred Elysia to reality, or what was left of it without her. She envisioned a beautiful fae, kind and caring yet powerful. She felt a wash of cold, warmed only by the physical presence of Nuri. Bright was the closest to a mother to Ely, but the young fae yearned to know more of her biological mother. The thoughts possessed her until, once more, her father's nudge woke her. "Will you tell Esa and I about her?" Elysia had heard her father's question, but she had to ask, albeit a bit rudely. "Sorry. I'll come." Elysia licked beneath Nuri's maw, and then her gaze shifted to where Ajax and Esa were. "Are we talking to him about disappearing?" She questioned curiously, trying to gauge her accuracy. "What about the hessian that brought him?" Amber gaze shifted towards Priest. She spoke quickly, now trying to avoid the subject of her mother, she wasn't sure how it would effect Nuri.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:01 pm

Serenity did not reply to his brother, choosing told his tongue than voice his opinions, for he knew that Priest wouldn't listen. Priest never listened to him, not even when they were children. He sighed. He was an old soul, now, yet the simplest things that had happened in their youth remained with him. Perhaps it was, because, back then, it was such a tender time for growth. Lavender eyes landed on Haru and Ajax. They were in a pure pack, raised by a pure-hearted mother, surrounded by other pure-hearted wolves... but that didn't mean that they would turn out pure-hearted, as well. Serenity's eyes went to Robin's relaxed form, now. He knew that the bru's own son, born of pure hearts and raised by them, had ran off into the darkness. Serenity was very familiar with the darkness, but now instead of drowning in it, it was a shadow to him, following him, but never taking over him. That was a different time, when he took a different name. This must have been the curse of growing old... Remembering all of the things he tried so hard to forget. "Fenrir, grant me strength," he sighed, laying his weary head on his paws again.

Robin's auds perked at Priest's voice. "Actually, I'm the Delta," he replied to the unfamiliar male's question. How long had he been around? Robin couldn't tell if he had come before or after the stampede; he just knew that he had not seen him when he laid down. "Nuri Bade is the Alpha, here. He's over there with his daughter, Elysia." He gestured with his muzzle at the two, but maroon eyes lingered on Priest's form. He was the one that brought Ajax back from... from where? "But, if I may ask... What brings you to Tirisfal Valley?"

Out in the other parts of the lands, Ali pressed her form to Doctor's, her heart skipping when he spoke, although faint. She smiled, hearing his voice, optimistic but weak. "Yes," she said in between a sniffle. "I will. And so will you. And Nuri, and Elysia, and Bright, and Serenity, and the rest of the pack. Everyone will be there, and relieved to see that you're all right." She gave him an affectionate, familial nuzzle, and then raised her head to the winter world around them. The snow was still falling, and there was still no sign of Jewel... Worry set in the healer's heart again. She couldn't bear to lose another child, especially Jewel, her only daughter. Cerulean eyes landed back on her patient's form. "I'm going to have to go it alone to get the herbs if she doesn't come back soon enough," she said. "But... It's dangerous." Hesitance of leaving him alone was what kept her place. She considered calling for her husband, but he was likely already at the Falls, and he had already done so much. "I suppose I'll wait a little longer. At least until the weather clears," she stated, but with the snow at this rate and the sky above dismal and cloudy, it was questionable if it would let up anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Nuri was aware of the male that was unknown and lingering around the pups but he had failed to catch how quite uncomfortable he was making his pack until he brushed past Bright to speak to another, he could see the stiffness in his shoulders. His emerald eyes lingered on the bru for a moment struck with a familiarity by his pelt.... His attention was divided so many ways but now that he had Elysia's attention he was focused back on her now. She obediently followed him and he looked down at her frowning for several moment before looking up at the sky and reclining on his haunches. His face smoothed out and reaching out with his fore paw he dragged his daughter over not unkindly so that she pressed against him. He licked the side of her ear feeling comfort radiate from the simple act. Letting out a sigh he kept his head low so as to speak to her privately. "Elysia....I was worried about you. Not only is it selfish of you to be so callous about an event like this it....it...." He seemed to be struggling with some emotion and he cleared his throat before going on. "I want you to know that this pack means the world to me and you...you mean everything to me even more than that.." he chuckled at how foolish and nonsensical he sounded. "Elysia, I am your father and I know that I can not give you the world the way I would like but you are precious to me in a way like no one else is. I know your mother would kill me if anything ever happened to you, Fenrir bless her. Please I just need you to be safe and I want you to come to me for anything you need, no matter how big or small." He nudged her shoulder with his nose and smirked at her. "I'm sorry I snapped at you, would you do me the honor as lady alpha and come speak to Ajax with me?" His green eyes were bright again, a smirk playing around the corners of his mouth.
Back to top Go down
WarriorWolf

WarriorWolf

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 3:24 pm

There was some success with getting rid of the adult, but just in turn another showed. Her little ruse had worked with Bright, but not before another hessian approached with intention. Still, she let a smirk cross her maw, she was a budding actress. Seeing Haru smile encouraged her, and Elysia shifted towards the bruja before halting at Nuri's bark. If it wasn't for the seriousness in her father's lyrics, Ely might've been relieved. The hessian that had spoken with Bright had lingered longer then she liked, the young fae didn't need to know him, the energy that poured out was enough for her to be leery of him.

Ears flattened to her crania, and her gaze followed after her father. Elysia took a moment to look over the pack, resting a playfully concerned gaze on Haru before stepping after Nuri. Finding the scent of home, of her father, Elysia stepped slowly forward. The tone his lyrics had carried was enough for the fae to know she was in some trouble. Her granite frame stopped just short of her father, crown dipped and hues downcast. "Yes father?" Lyrics were soft, apologetic. Her desire to share the story had outweighed her thougts of concern, she had grown in many ways, but it was clear that Elysia was still much a pup.
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

Number of posts : 207
Pawprints : 386
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 8:34 pm

Well wasn't this such a warm welcome. He listened to Bright and she brushed him off heading away. Women. Then Haru picked up on her attitude and acted all strange too. "Oh jeeze, can a male catch a break, judged so quickly for something about myself and yet, just like you Haru. I was smaller and weaker and made fun of" His eyes darted back to Serenity. "He tried to kill me when we were pups you know, why do you think he's such a saint now. Every saint has a past and ever sinner has a future" He straightened up and looked over to where Ajax and Esa were playing. "You could learn from him Haru, watch the strong while you're weak and then kill them because they will be weaker." His eyes darted to Haru and his friend "Not really kill them. Actually. You can kill them with kindness too, words can be just as good. Don't worry, he never spoke to ill of you. Jealous brother actually you have there. Feel a little excitment jeeze, everyone's life is so... dreary." He turned away barking towards Ajax as the young male tackled Esa to the ground. To soon.
Ajax growled playfully. His green eyes flexed with excitment. Esa spoke but for some reason he wasn't paying attention. When a bark came into his space and a punch to the gut from her footing broke his, what could be thoughts, he shook his head blinking and jumped off Esa. "I'm sorry Esa. I... I didn't mean to hurt you if I did I was just playing and... and..." he shuddered and shook his head a little. "I'm sorry Esa" he said again and felt someone's tail hit him on the head. "Hey kids, play nice" he saw Priest wink at Esa and then circle around them, Ajax grew instantly jealous. "Don't wink at her like that" he growled and stepped infront of her. "You brought me home, what are you still doing here anyways" he stood a bit over protective infront of Esa still. "Oh and because you're little secret is with me I'll just come and go? No. I'd like you to make good on your end of the bargain too Ajax. I've got a while to make this place my home" He smirked and then stepped away again and Ajax turned to Esa. "He's..." he didn't know what to say to her, his head slumped a little and he waited till Priest was farther gone to look at her. "He almost scares me but he doesn't. Because I can't be scared of anything" He smiled at her and puffed out his chest acting like he was bigger then anything in this world again.
Priest was bored. Very bored. He needed to find someone to talk to. His eyes landed on a lone male (robin) and he walked up nodding his head. "Hello" he said in a less then excited voice. "It seems I've made a horrid impression bringing back that pup there" He sighed and sat down looking out amongst the wolves who rolled around before this male who laid down amongst the ground with a smile on his maw. "Are you the alpha here? Because if so. I need to speak with you. If not. I'm afraid I must be pointed to the one that is" he sighed and looked around eyes landing on Serenity. He had lied to Haru, and the pup would know that if he ever asked, but who really cared. Something more fun would come here eventually. This lovely pack would be in for a nice surprise. But not if he could help it...
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

Number of posts : 724
Pawprints : 1290
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 7:51 pm

Bright saw weariness flood
over Elysia, and she stated that she was hungry. Later, she would take
the youngsters out for a hunt so that they could learn more and hone
their skills, but for now she knew they must be exhausted, especially
Ely. "I'll bring back the plumpest hare I can find," she
said with a nod. She was about to whisk away when Nuri made a sudden
approach, barking to Elysia's attention, and he sounded quite firm.
Blinking, she wondered why the Beta seemed so riled, but then she knew
that underneath he must only be worried. She had reacted the same way
many times when her pups got themselves into dangerous situations. She
dipped her head to Nuri, then glanced to Haru as though to tell him to
get going. This would be a private matter for father and daughter, it
seemed. Bright turned and was again about to head away to begin her
hunt, when she was intercepted by the new male, Priest, who had brought
Ajax home. She was grateful to him, but at the same time, his presence
made her shudder. He was like the others - like Frostblood, like
Legend... wolves that were not to be trusted. Wolves that put on a
front, but with alternate motives.

He opened up with a little
rhyme, jesting about it as though to set a light-hearted mood. Bright
merely smiled awkwardly to him. She had things to do, and she wasn't
interested in conversing with him. But she didn't really want to just
brush him off and leave him to his own devices around the pups. "I'm thankful that you brought him back," she
said, feeling as though she were repeating herself. Was Priest
purposely trying to gain her trust or friendship? His interest in what
Ajax had spoken about, and the other whelps, was even more off-putting
to the wary femme. She didn't like him talking to the youngsters. She
wished she could see some good in this wolf, but some wolves seemed to
simply radiate dark, untrustworthy energy. "Oh, so you have decided to stay," she
murmured, showing no delight in his decision. She was unmoved by his
attempt to gain any sentiment from her. She'd been through a lot in her
own life, and she had no sympathy for dark wolves. "Well, I'm sure the elders and higher-ups of Tirisfal would like to hear about your intentions," she said, a hint of warning in her tone. She wished she could pass judgement with him, herself, but she was no Alphaess here.

Holding his gaze a little longer, she finally broke off and slipped away, showing no further interest in him.
She bounded through the woods, her nose to the air. She knew that at
this time of year it would be difficult to find a hare - not only were
they mostly nestled in their burrows to conserve body heat, but their
coats would be snow-white, making them near impossible to detect by
sight. Soon she slowed down, and then came to a stop, listening and
scenting. She could scent her prey in the distance, so she began
stalking slowly and very quietly in the direction she sensed them. She
would have to remain still for some time, if anything was going to come
out of hiding. Patience would be key. While she waited, she noticed the
shadows shifting as the winter sun moved through the pale sky. Time
seemed to pass slowly, but then she could hear scuffling from within the
deep burrow she had crouched near. She licked her lips quietly... Not long now 'til it comes out...

Haru
watched as Ely's mood shifted from excited to tired, and he wondered if
she was feeling exhausted now after what she'd been through. But then
he caught her wink, and had to suppress a grin so that Bright wouldn't
notice. His mother didn't seem to be aware of any faking, though, and
was ready to head off into the woods to find some prey. His belly
rumbled, and he wondered if she would bring back enough for all of them,
though he doubted she could do so by herself. Shaking his pelt, he
shrugged away the feeling and looked to Ely, letting the grin spread
across his muzzle. She was very clever, it seemed. He wouldn't have
thought to send Bright off in such a tactful manner - he probably would
have just argued, complained, and then given in to whatever was demanded
of him. But before Bright could get away, Nuri was now approaching,
commanding Elysia's attention, and he didn't seem pleased. Haru's eyes
widened, and he stepped back, but he didn't leave Ely's side. Then the
male that had brought Ajax home approached his mother, but Bright did
not seem interested in talking with him. It made him shiver slightly,
and not from the cold winds the blew. Bright was never unfriendly with
other wolves, but that was more than once that she curtly blew off this
male.

He heard the words directed at him from Priest. He tilted
his head, grinning with a little worried expression in his eyes. Why was
he suddenly trying to be nice to him, when earlier he'd stood by and
let Ajax taunt him like he always did? "Er.. thanks," he
muttered. Haru would try his best in everything he did, but he wasn't
sure that he would be particularly good at anything. And he didn't know
how this male could have such an opinion, when they hardly knew each other. He doubted Ajax had said anything nice about him, either.. Glancing to Ely and Nuri, he hoped they would not move off and leave him alone with Priest.

Esa
smirked as she listened to Ajax describe some of the things he'd seen
when he was away. Curiosity buzzed in her mind as she wondered where he
had been, and where he had seen Robbie go. The adults were worried about
Robbie, and maybe they'd be able to find him if Ajax knew where he was.
But maybe he didn't want to be found, if he was out there somewhere
following someone else's orders. She cocked her head to the side as he
spoke of the male that brought him back. So he was Serenity's brother? "Serenity doesn't seem very happy to see him," she stated, shrugging, "But not all siblings get along, obviously." Then
she frowned when Ajax mentioned that the male knew his dad, and that he
was dead. Ajax tried to shrug it off, but she could see him look around
with a glint of confusion in his expression. Esa had never considered
that he might be bothered, not having his father around - she'd always
had Nuri, even if he wasn't always present, and Bright had always taken
care of them like a mother. But, like Ajax, sometimes the thought that
your real parents weren't there was a touchy subject...

Then he
turned back to her, a smile spread across his maw as he leaped at her,
knocking her over playfully. She laughed, letting out a playful but
challenging growl. Then something glinted in his eyes, and his demeanor
changed somewhat, even though he wasn't hurting her. His game suddenly
became more intense, a little more real. Her smile faded, and she glared at him as he pinned her down, pressing her into the ground. "You don't have to push so hard!"
she snapped, giving him a firm kick in the belly with her hind paws,
but realizing that his weight and strength were much greater, and he had
hardly budged. Suddenly she hoped that he wasn't actually serious; that
he was just joking around with her and showing her how strong he'd
gotten. Well, that bit was certainly true, and he was definitely bigger
than her. Emerald orbs stared into his, dancing with rebellion, even though she wasn't sure what was going to happen. He wouldn't hurt me... why should he?

Back to top Go down
http://www.bravequestk9.com
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 3:34 pm

Eyes half open, Doctor glanced at Ali as she tried to keep him awake. Since when had all this snow fallen? Perhaps he'd zoned out for a while, which was probably why the lead healer was a little more anxious. She'd sent Jewel out, but he didn't have to pick up his head to realize she hadn't yet returned. Then Ali was by his side again, telling him she had to move him. He knew better than to try to insist he could walk so allowed himself to be moved. The first few seconds hurt the most, but he ground his fangs to prevent any noise from escaping him.

Now that the ground below him wasn't earth heated by his body, he noticed just how cold it was and why they were moving. He shifted minimally to lay more comfortably and felt another warm body next to his. Using his good leg, he lightly nudged it against Ali, saying, "We'll get out of here soon enough and you'll see Robin before you know it." His current fogginess was more from exhaustion than any concussion, and he wasn't going to be able to fall asleep any time soon unless he got too cold. All he could do was reassure the healer he'd be fine and her family fine as well.
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 1:28 am

Eye brows furrowed a little with thoughts. "Well, if you think that is enough for a wolf. Well, what am I saying, you've survived this long with just using your white pelted head of yours" A smirk pulled on the corner of his maw and he looked back at the pups then to his brother. "Amazing isn't it. How we have to cross paths again, but like I promised. Your life will be misery as long as I'm alive, you can only play hide and seek for so long" Blue eyes flexed with this thought before he stood and stretched. "Now, I must go make... friends... amongst your little home. I'll return to play patty cake with you soon brother" and with that his black pillars led him off. He hadn't gotten permission, maybe because Serenity knew deep down he wouldn't listen.
Blue eyes scanned the pups who played, the wolves who spoke to one another. His best bet would be Bright. He walked over to her and cleared his throat. "Bright, if I remember right, ah a rhyme, how clever am I. I just wanted to say I'm sorry that you had to deal with Ajax leaving, he spoke something of following another pup he looked up to, I'm not exactly sure, but he sopke a lot about you and Esa. And Haru, oddly enough, the young lad is nothing like I expected. Haru, you have something about you that will take you far I can promise you that" He was smiling down to the pup and then blue eyes turned back to Bright. "I'm thinking of staying here, I'm hoping to make this place a little home for myself, it's been so long since I've ever... hmmm I've never had much." He smiled sadly at her, he knew somewhere someone was staring at him, he could tell, he could feel it on him.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 4:40 pm

"Special, you say?" Serenity replied, violet gaze upon Ajax. The boy had come with Priest into the lands, and he couldn't help but wonder what his brother saw in him. It wasn't like Priest to take whelps in... No, it wasn't like Priest at all. There was some cruel intention behind it, but he wasn't going to voice this opinion, for he knew his brother well. If anything, he shouldn't have been surprised by this, but where these intentions were supposed to go, was where his concern was. "Well," he said. "If you would see past things like physical strength or dominance, you would see that all children are special. Even Haru. He's a kind soul, something that most seem to lack, and that's why he belongs here. His skills are in his head, not in his brawn." At the same time, he understood what Priest was trying to say... Every wolf, no matter how kind, needed to know how to fight. They needed to know when to draw on the strength deep within their hearts and given to them by Fenrir to defend themselves and their loved ones. Was it not long ago when he had found his center to fight, admist the chaos of Jabbar Junayd and Evander? "He will be trained, as will every child present, fairly and respectfully," he stated, thinking of more than Haru and Ajax. Elysia and Esa would need to learn just as well.

While the two very contrasting brothers discussed such topics, Robin meanwhile nodded his head. "Thank you," he said to Nuri, his voice that of relief. Oh, how he ached for a chance to lie down, but his family was still out there, still out in the wild with an injured packmate. He couldn't let that just go. Just as he was about to leave the Falls, a howl rose in the winter air, the voice of his wife. "Robin, my love. Do not fret. I am safe, and so is Jewel. Doctor cannot move, but I am tending to his wounds. Stay where you are. We will come when we can. I love you." It was a short message, but the amount of tension lifted off his shoulders made him audibly sigh. They were all right. No harm would come to them. The stampede had likely frightened any dangerous creatures off, just as it had done to himself and the wolves around him, so he found a place not far from Serenity and Priest to lie down. They were well out of earshot, and he laid his head on his paws, maroon orbs landing on the tussling whelps. A small smile creased his somber lips. How he looked forward to Ali's return...

Ali lowered her lips, turning back to her patient again. He was becoming more and more unresponsive. The winter wind chilled around her, and still, Jewel had not returned. "Stay awake, Doc. You have to stay awake," she said, turning away from him and to one of the nearby maple trees. The roots were large as a bear's girth, providing shelter from the cold. Her husky paws dug away at the powdered snow and cemented dirt, digging up warm earth for him to lay. It was one thing to have to mend broken bones and prevent infection, but it was another to catch pneumonia or frostbite or the flu. Sickness settling on top of damage done was life-threatening. She returned, licking her companion's face with her hot tongue, trying to keep him conscious. "I'm going to move you. It may hurt, but it'll keep you out of the cold," she said, aware of the dangers of moving him. If she pulled too rough, she could make his situation worse. She couldn't tell if he had any internal injuries yet. If she pulled too gentle, she wouldn't be able to move him, and he would certainly catch his death. She went and clamped her teeth at his scruff and yanked, hard, his wolven form much larger than hers. Every muscle in her body worked to get him to the makeshift half-den. She was small, but she was strong, as long hauls over distances is what she was bred for.

When they reached the half-den, she scouted out brambles sticking out of the snow to block any wind that the tree couldn't, her eyelashes becoming coated with flakes. The snow was piling up by the minute. Her heart shuddered to think that the reason Jewel hadn't returned yet was because she had gotten lost, or worse... And if worse came to worse, Jewel would have to leave Doctor to fetch the herbs and treat him, and by then, it may have been too late. She sighed in worry, and laid down next to her patient, trying to keep both him and herself warm. She pressed her nose into his neck, inhaling his scent, wishing her mate was with her, but it was smarter for him to stay put. There was choking sensation in her throat as she tried to hold back tears, but one or two may have slipped. "Please, stay with me, Doctor," she said softly, calmly. He was as much of family to her in the Tirisfal pack, as was anyone. "I won't let you die out here."
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 11:49 pm

Oh wasn't this a joy. Priest had the perfect moment to get into words with his brother. "Well" he said following after him and sitting down while his brother laid down. They were so very opposite from eachother. White fur, black fur, different eyes, different everything. Serenity was kind and forgiving, while Priest... well, just his smile sent pups crying to the grave not to mommy and daddy. Auds twitched as he watched Ajax jump at Esa. Just like the boy described. "I need to stay here for a little bit, and I know that you're not the one who I need permission from, but you're my brother, and I should ask you first before asking a king queen whatever it is they have here" His mouth opened and he almost hacked, a loner doesn't sit well in homes, but he promised the black demon playing with his first target. "That boy is something special, you're going to love him" his eyes flicked to Bright who took care to look at another pup talking to Haru. "And you need to work with that boy there, he's a wimp, Serenity. I know you're not one to take on a battle, but that boy will die if he doesn't grow a pair before his first year, Ajax will kill him I swear it" He smirked and looked around then down to his brother waiting for an answer...
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 11:38 pm

Ajax stared at Esa with a smirk. "I'm glad to be back too, I guess, cause, as nice as it was to be away, Robin's son, he's... What a baby. I'd never let a woman boss me around like he let someone else. Whatever. But that wolf that brought me here, he's interesting. Say's he's related to Serenity, the white male. He said that my dad is dead... which... who cares right, who needs so called parents" He sighed and looked around confused. "But what's going on here?" He turned to her and smiled while she playfully began her remark about growing bigger. "OH REALLY!" he bellowed outwards and jumped at her attempting to knock her down playfully. Call it a dominance thing, but he didn't like the fact even as a joke she challenged him... His eyes lit up and he puffed his chest out, his eyes glinted with danger... but who would understand this part of him... No one... but who could he control. Not himself... Something was wrong with him, but he embraced it almost... Green eyes flashed and he tried to push her down even more then...
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 1:25 pm

Nuri was pacing the area anxiously awaiting the arrival of the pack. With Doctor injured, Ali and Jewel among the turmoil his anxiety was through the roof. When there was movement his eyes immediatley latched onto it and he saw Bright and the pups coming up along with Serenity and another bru...was that Ajax? His ears perked in excitement. It most certainly was! He had left at the same time as Robin and Ali's boy..but was he back as well? A scan of the area showed now sign and he frowned. He intended to speak to the youngling as soon as possible about the matter. More pack was arriving and more movement caught his eye. It was Elysia! A momentous whoosh of air released from him in a breath he didn't realize he was holding. She hadn't even come to him instead just went to her den mates. A frown marred his greying muzzle there was a shot of sadness through his heart. He stood to go to her but Robin was approaching him in the sudden swirl of activity. He gave the bru his full attention knowing full well how much he did for the pack. He listened intently to the report nodding his head mumbling affirmatives. Cade huh? He would have to speak to this wolf and thank him for his assistance. He intended to go to his daughter as soon as he finished dealing with Robin. "Yes, I left Doctor to Ali and Jewel...I'm not sure he can walk so as soon as everyone is here we will go to help."His own shoulder ached from when he assisted him. His eyes darted over to the pups and back to Robin. "Ajax is back." He said plainly with a pause added "I haven't seen your son though..." Everyone knew they had disappeared at the same time though no one was sure if the two were related.

Glancing around he was on the edge of his toes. "Robin do what you see fit, if you need to go to your mate go." He touched the bru's shoulder in thanks before walking towards his daughter. His ebon formed stalked over to where Bright was speaking with the pups and cleared his throat. "Elysia!" He near about barked. He eyed her sternly "I'll be requiring your presence...now." His tone brooked no argument and he stepped a few paces away from everyone else. She hadn't come to him...he hadn't been the most involved father but there was always so much with the pack...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley
Page 4 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next