Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

.:. Lacrimosa Lake

Go down 
+5
mikalaisangel09
jaredrion
Bear
Hendaron
__silvers__
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
akkanatrum
Junior Admin

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-12

.:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Corentine held back the impulse to roll her eyes. Mort had walked forward, only to stop. Then the other fae who showed up passed him, only to stop, too. What was wrong with them? She spoke to no one in particular, "Normally the one to initiate a hunt leads it, and there's no point in looking back to see if we're following. Whoever really wants to go will follow anyways. There are quite a few hares around, maybe an elk or two over that way," she nodded her head in the direction of the fainter scents. It seemed there weren't too many animals that wanted to live in this dark forest.

She was at the point where she was heavily debating to just take the lead herself, but she wanted to hang back to observe- something she couldn't do if she was in front. There was plenty of time for that once she got an idea of their behavior, none of which, within this hunting group, were very impressive so far, not including Vault who hadn't made any motions or words about this yet. They'd probably have lived alone too long to be able to quickly determine a leader among a rankless bunch- how uninteresting. Either way, something should happen now that she spoke.

Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2011-02-04

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 4:43 pm

Mort

"Okay! Ill lead then. I guess." And without taking further notice about whoever would follow him, Mort trotted off, tail high, in search for possible prey. He didn't really got what it takes to be a real leader, that was someone else's role, or atleast, until Mortifactus awoke. Mort wasn't really seeing forward to the day that happened, again. But for now, most of his concern was to find a fitting orey, the larger the better. Elk was good, but moose was bether. But Mort wasn't really sure if moose lived here. He was also wondering how Eva would test all of them, and especially him. If she didn't hurried up, and Mortifactus got in charge by then, she could be in for some maybe unpleasant suprises....
Back to top Go down
mikalaisangel09

mikalaisangel09

Number of posts : 245
Pawprints : 408
Registration date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 6:04 pm

Solara did not speak, she simply took after Mort. Her lithe ghostly form making its way through the forest with ease. Her nares were open and auds on alert. She heard something... something very large was moving "Mort!" She barked out, but not to loud. "I think there is something on the other side of those trees.." She made her way towards where she had heard the sounds and sure enough she found a few elk there. There were enough that if everyone wanted their own they could go for it. She waited to see if anyone would join in on her.

Nikolaos

Nikolaos took in the queens lyrics through his ebony auds and smiled. So she wanted him to retrieve information from someone named Chimera who was recruiting from a pack that was nearby. He could definitely accomplish suck tasks with ease, his father had taught him a few little tricks along the way. This was her testing him, and he was sure she would be pleased with what he had to offer her. He dipped his massive tiara to her, saying that he understood. He wondered what kind of reward there would be. He did not hesitate to begin his task "I shall go now.." That was all he said to her. He began to pad away from her, his cerulean orbs watching where he stepped. Soon enough, he was loping through the forest of Lacrimosa Lake once more. He was on a mission, he headed Northwest...His mind was fully focused on what he was doing, everything else would have to wait until he returned.
[ooc: Got it, and very short posts today =/]
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 9:41 pm

.:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 5049282235_6c6c1d1bb3

She watched Nikolaos get up and go. Good, he was quick and respondent... but he would need to bring back the information just as reliable as well. When he disappeared into the mists, she glanced at the hunting foursome, watching the social event unfold. How interesting, none of them seemed to know how to take the lead. Then Mort spoke up and she couldn't help but a raise a brow - he didn't seem like the type, period. She wondered what was going through that crazy little head of his.

She returned to the pride rock, waiting for any other wolf that wished to join the ranks of the rogue Lacrimosas, and watched the hunting party, the gears in her mind slowly turning the time. Each one of them would earn a special place, and they seemed to be falling into these ranks easier than they could ever imagine. They probably did not see it, but oh... It was right before their very eyes. Before relaxing too much, she stood up and walked over to them.

"Before you leave, I wanted to let you all know that you are to see me individually at the meeting place discussed earlier," she said, tail raised and dial turned, looking at each and every one of them. They landed on Mort, who began to trot off, tail high in the air as a leader... of sorts. His gait screamed that he didn't quite have it. "Including you, Mort. Especially you," she called to him in a lower voice. "Do you like surprises? Because I've got a fun one for you. A very fun one indeed." She smirked deviously, the small plans laying themselves down before her. "You're all going to experience your first tests, soon enough. But go fill yourselves." She nodded to them in dismissal, but paused before leaving, lest they have any questions.
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

Number of posts : 328
Pawprints : 573

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 11:15 am

Vault closed his eyes, almost in embarrassment, when Mort perked with glee at the thought of hunting as a “pack”. They small squad had barely set off when both Solara and Mort abruptly stopped out in the open, darkness seeming to swallow the two still figures. Vault felt puzzled. There was no way they had heard something so soon. Silence slowly overtook the situation, until Corry had the courage to point out the now obvious issue: nobody took the lead. He looked over to Corry, who stood parallel to his position. An expression of quiet understanding played on his maw. He was a much better leader than a follower, and he felt the temptation to move to the front of this operation. As Corry put, however, the leader should be the one who assembled the hunt in the first place. He let loyalty tame his actions, but if Mort did not make a move, he would. To the betterment of everyone, Mort came to his senses and took point, though he seemed uncomfortable and robotic when taking the tip of the spear. Besides, even if Evon watched and noted their every move, Vault could wait to make a scene of things. Before they could move any further, he would be reminded of this key fact, as Evon had jumped down from her pride rock to give the hunting group a last-minute message about individualized meetings that would take place soon enough. He had absolutely nothing to hide, or anything he was ashamed of. Hopefully, neither did anyone else.

The day of endless night dwelled on, the group making swift movement across random terrain. Vault’s paws pounded the earth with adrenaline-rushed force. Even if this was supposed to be more of a “fun-hunt” for him since he had already eaten, he intended to keep a nice pace. Solara had been the first one to sense the presence of prey, as she called to Mort. Not long after did the strong aroma of pure animal gravitate around the group. Sure enough, there were dark figures grazing on the other side of the trees. Elk, and lot of them. The group rose in anxious tension, as they sat and observed. Solara seemed tempted to attack, her bloody orbs drifting from the unaware prey to the pack. Normally, it would be best to wait for a few moments, check if everyone was in ideal position, and fire at will. This could be done differently; they seemed to move over the rough vegetation faster, and there was plenty of flesh to go around for everyone. Vault’s orange pools squinted, locking onto a shadowy male. He could tell this one was different from the others; its horns were in a simple yet sharp formation like that of a bull and not much like antlers. Vault had seen these before, and they tended to live in the most rugged and wet environments. They were usually quite large, but the hardest part was finding them. Great. Seeing as things seemed to be in their favor, Vault finally spoke up. “I think I can take it. On my mark. Mort, what do you think?” His body lowered, but his eyes did not leave the woolly body. He was a hair-trigger ready to be pulled.

[OOC: not the greatest post, but BIG]
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Pawprints : 1889

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 5:17 pm

The others seemed to be getting into gear now... more or less. Corentine was about to follow until Evanescence told them about individual meetings. She lingered a little, watching the others start to leave. She hadn't been hungry in the first place, tagging along for the heck of it. If these meetings were one-on-one, who knew how long they would last per wolf. Being a warrior, she practiced much patience, but she also learned efficiency.

Looking at the alphess, she said, "I've recently eaten. Three is plenty for a hunt, if you're ready for these meetings to start. Otherwise, I will join them." Her body language showed that she didn't have any objections to either option, but didn't hold any indecisiveness. There was no such thing as a tempest that couldn't make up it's mind. If Evanescence wasn't yet ready, it'd be easy to catch up to the hunting party, but she doubted they'd need assistance, although one never knew...
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

Pawprints : 867

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 2:38 pm

[ooh moose..wait Evon...I...euh..Aargh..Okay ..Il' figure it out]

Mort grinded to a halt next to Solara, and stalked down close to the ground. Mortifactus? Mmmmhh...yeah? Could you impress the rest for me? I will see what I can do. As the difference between day and night, Mort almost seemed to change completly; His ears went flat, his tongues slipped back in, flashing ivories in place, his claws tortured the earth, and his eyes narrowed. Mortifactus inhaled the air, for the first in a long time. "Moose..." He whispered to Solara. "A bull, three times my size. Say to vault to stay put to intercept him, ill play decoy, the rest of you help Vault haul him down." Away was the rasping voice, the dumb witted look in his eyes, and clupsy behaviour that had resembled Mort. Here stood Mortifactus, and he was redy to prove the difference. He launched of, not even taking note that Solara might not understanded him, or had given through his... well...orders. He went straight trough the herd, snapping around to legs and tails, causing as much amok as he could. Then he found him. He had stood out of the circle of the Elk, not being their kind, and had paid little attention to what had happened. But now he lowered his head, and went for Mort, charging with fast strides. Mortifactus danced away, a horn scraping by him, and snapped back, making not more the a glancing hit. He drawed the bull closer to him, with the back to the rest.

[let's just say he heard what Evon said, but not really paid attention to it, it will pop up in his mind after the hunt^^
Ps: sorry if I am going a little fast...]

Last edited by hendaron on Tue May 17, 2011 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mikalaisangel09

mikalaisangel09

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 11:35 am

Her crimson orbs watched as Mort changed into someone else. Of course, she knew he was broken in his mind.. He reminded her of her father, he could change into so many different personalities that sometimes it had scared her. As she had grown older though, she realized it wasn't so bad. In fact, she had tried doing the same, but it had not ever happened. She nodded her snowy tiara that she understood what role she was supposed to play. Her bloody orbs watched as he took off and he chased it closer and closer to her. As it came closer, her smile grew wider and wider. She looked back though, wondering where everyone was. She did not want to launch without knowing someone was there to back her up, so she waited to see Vault...

Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:20 pm

They nodded their heads and slipped off into the hunt, Corentine staying behind. "I am more than ready," Evanescence replied, her eyes dancing, when the sound of pounding hooves hit the turf by the direction that the others had went for a hunt. Her eyes then narrowed, a more irritated feature crossing her face. "But it appears that they've decided to hunt moose. Idiots." She shook her head; it was a well-known fact that not even an entire wolf pack could take down a full-grown and healthy bull moose. It would have been easier to take down a bear. She sighed, irritated. "Go help them, if you like. One of them is bound to get injured, but it's their own fault."

These wolves had looked promising, and now they were making fools of themselves. If one of them was killed, she was certain that another would arrive to take their place. "Or..." she began. "Since you held back, perhaps you could enjoy the show with me." She added this with a bit of a sick, sadistic grin. She would leave Corentine to make her choice, walking around the berth of the grounds that the party had found the moose on, the elk fleeing past her. Their chocolate bodies dodged her white form as if she were a walking poison, bleating in fear like startled sheep.

She would watch this battle from afar. Be the wolves win or lose, she already had something in mind to say to them. She watched as Mort danced around the bull, not yet making a scratch on him. He appeared to be fighting the moose as if it were an elk, and she wouldn't have been surprised if their hunting party had been set up as such; an ambush was not enough to stop a moose, especially one in good health. They would have had better luck trying to kill a bear.

The moose let out a rebellious roar as Mort taunted him, stomping his giant, black hooves on the forest floor, seeming to shake the leaves from the trees. Mort was irritation to him, and he thrust his five-hundred-plus-pound body forward like a freight train, his hooves darting out beneath him to smash the wolf, his antler rack lowered to the wolf's body away; a forward shy. If Mort didn't get out of the way... well... There would be no more Mort.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 8:36 pm

She tilted her head, recognizing that they indeed were after the moose now. "This is a tempest I didn't cause- unless trying to make them think for themselves count... I only mentioned elk," she commented, suddenly breaking into a smirk, "I think I'll join you. I don't bother aiding others if they pick on the wrong animal to mess with. In certain situations on a mission, I might..." Corentine followed after Evanescence, not bothering to weave between the elk. If one happened to get too close for her liking, a warning growl was all that was needed to show who was dominant. She watched as Mort darted ahead, almost getting mauled by an antler, and then snap back, trying to guide both of them back towards the others two. So it seemed that Mort had taken the lead after all, although oddly enough, both Vault and Solara were following along.

She remembered Evanescence's words about the forest and observed, "At this rate, the forest... or you, won't even get a chance to test some of them." If they kept this up, they'd have to be very lucky to get out unscathed. Even if they ran, the moose would chase after them for a while. She never dared to hunt moose, but she had walked along side them before. Not too close of course; she didn't quite have a death wish. When undisturbed and not threatened, they were quite calm... until they are angered. If they had accidentally angered the moose, she might have helped them escape at the very least... might...
Back to top Go down
mikalaisangel09

mikalaisangel09

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 11:05 pm

Solara could hear Evon and that other fatale whos name she did not know, she could hear them talking about not joining in on this hunt. She turned her bloody gaze back to Mort and his decoying of this creature. She had a feeling someone was going to get hurt, but she did not care. She jumped out and lunged towards the elk, her ivory canines cut right through the tough pelt to the flesh. The blood of the animal flowed out and into her waiting and willing maw. She dug her claws in deeply and her optics closed. She could only hope that someone would help aid her in the kill. If not, she was going to be in serious trouble. As that thought crossed her mind she tightened her grip and tried to dig deeper, a smile on her maw. She did not fear a thing, and this was simply something she had always done.

ooc: im seriously bored and was unhappy with the earlier post
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 4:22 pm

Vault turned to Mort once he calmly laid out their game plan. Confusion swept him; Mort had suddenly molded into a completely different wolf; a clone…or an evil twin. Of course, it was hard to crown which one of Mort’s dual-personality was the evil one. They were both a bit off. And yet, in the heat of things, it actually made a lot of sense. The Mort he had met was too goofy and humored to be taken as somewhat of a threat, but now the blood-thirsty killer side had finally begun to flaunt its true colors. Before Vault could give thought to what the small group was about to do, Mort had snuffed out and flustered the dormant bull moose. Mort was getting deep into a dangerous game of beast-vs-matador, toying with the animal to the point of rage. Solara soon followed with a punishing attempt at the moose’s side, chipping away at its energy. But it wouldn’t be enough. As Mort had indicated, Vault would intercept the moose, and be the final piece to the puzzle. Unfortunately, he didn’t know if he was even the right piece to fit this puzzle, or if they needed more portions to complete it. Vault wasn’t about to let himself rationalize and deke out of the situation. He wasn’t about to have to replace two wolves. Before his mind had the time to catch up to his body, Vault was already bounding down on the moose’s blind side, orange orbs daggering the planned spot of impact. Closing in with one swift motion, he leaped with all of his might, grasping the creature’s jugular with razor teeth. The woolly pelt and skin on the neck was much thinner than anticipated, as crimson rain quickly began to spray his maw from the dire wound he had created. His fangs never let up for a second, as he dug deeper into the throat to endure more damage. He had felt his momentum sway the massive animal when he first stapled himself into its neck, and now he could feel his weight pressing down on the crippled being, a groan of anger and pain vibrating its cords.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 4:45 pm

When Vault jumped in, the Moose swept his head up, anxiously trying to get the big wolf off. Mortifactus took the opportunity to dash and jump in right between the two forelegs, incassating a blow of one of the knees. He ignored it (as good as you can when your lungs get almost blow out) and found himself now under the moose's most vurnerable spot; his belly. Flashing ivories gnawed to above, and Mortifactus attached himself somewhere between the side and underside of the moose's belly, so he could get of in case the moose decided to "land". His talons tried to hold grip in the bristling fur, but lost, and soon Mortifactus had to giva away his hanging position. Instead to fall off, he decided to jump, and rolled on impact. The moose was getting madder and panicked every moment, and Mortifacus saw blood seeping out of the throat, there where Vault holded grip. The killing blow was dealt, now it was time to minimize wolf casualties. "Vault, Solara, jump off, and hide behind a tree!" It might seem odd to give up their hard worked for postition, but they had already won. If the throat wound was sufficient large, the Moose would die in minutes, it's dead mass stumbling too the ground, and crushing all beneath. Otherwise, it's many wounds would weaken him, and made tracking down, and giving another try possible. Mortifactus just didn't wanted to take unnecesary risks, and he wasn't really fond either of searching replacements. His milky orbs galnced to the right, and he could discern Evon and Corentine watching the show. "The haughty bitch.es." he would whisper to himself. Mortifactus wasn't really fond of Evon in fact, the only reason he had not persuaded Mort to leave was that this was the only pack they could possibly join. And the only one that wasn't boring to his like.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 5:17 pm

Corentine came to her side and together, they watched the fight commence. Mort continued to tease the wolf, then Vault and Solara jumped in; it appeared that the moose was lacking in the battle, not brought up to its full potential. A grim look crossed Evon's face, slightly annoyed that not one of them had been crushed. Though they were a part of her pack and she was interested in their strength, the sadistic witch nestled inside her was not satisfied. She had been hoping for a spot of blood that did not belong to the moose on them. If anything, she was disappointed. No matter... They were going to be disciplined either way, or at least one of them would.

"Come, Corentine," she said over her shoulder to the fem. She had heard her comment about not being able to test these wolves, but oh, the time was near. Down the moose went, its heavy breathing becoming shallow, and by the time Evanescence had come over to the trio, its breath was gone. She glanced at its massive, dead body, just lying there in the forest. The queen herself had already eaten. Corentine had said she wasn't hungry. And Nikolaos was already out on his mission. She turned her blue eyes directly to Mort, seeing that his personality was different, but the body he belonged in was still wholly responsible.

"Don't expect a reward," she said, her tone dark, her cerulean eyes swirling with an oncoming storm. "I hope you know that what you have done is entirely foolish. Was I impressed with this display of strength? Perhaps. So you have muscle. So does a bear, so does a wolverine, so does a fucking rat. Attack something enough and it will die." She was glaring at him now, her form rising in anger, but she was not the type to unleash her fury all at once like a blazing wildfire. No, no... Evanescence was sharp and quick, like lightning. "What I was not impressed by was the fact of how much danger you put yourself and your team in. Yes, you're a killer, congratulations. But if you could have some intelligence, it probably would have saved your energy. Employ strategy, not something a bloodthirsty monster could have done on a whim." Her gaze swiveled to Solara and Vault. She wasn't necessarily angry with them, so much as what had caused their actions. "There were elk in the area, were there not? What made you all decide that moose was best? Or was it just Mort here? Does he decide what you do from now on?"

She turned to the moose body, kicking it with her forepaw, snorting. "What the hell do you expect to do with all of this meat, anyways? Spring is here, and summer will be coming. Soon, it will be rotting. Bury it, and the earth will eat all of the flesh before you do." Her eyes raised to Mort again. The others were not to blame, she knew, for he was the one that made the initial attack, the one that had led them in. "Figure out something to do with it," she snapped, her words sharp. "Because the last thing I will have on my father's lands is the stench of carrion."

Her white tail was curved over her back, her shoulders square, and her head high. She was just waiting for some kind of retaliation, knowing that their blood would still be hot from the kill. But to retaliate would have been foolish as well... There was a reason they were here; they wanted to learn, did they not? No one had said that teaching would have come easy.
Back to top Go down
mikalaisangel09

mikalaisangel09

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 7:35 pm

Solara heard him call out to her, but ignored it and hung on almost till she crashed into the ground with the kill. She pulled back, her alabaster maw bloody, the blood dripping down onto her neck and onto its resting placeon the ground. Her auds soon detected the familiar steps of Evon. And she was NOT happy about this... She took the lyrics of the queen in, and did not speak. She sank back onto her hindquarters and listened. It was foolish what they had done, even she could admit such a thing. As Evon asked Mortifactus what he had been thinking her bloody optics slid to his direction, a perplexed look on her dial. What had he been thinking? She felt like cuffing out a laugh, but did not. She simply stared at Mort, waiting. She knew he had changed into someone completely different. She felt Evons icy gaze on her and turned her dial to look at her, what could she say? She remained silent as she pulled her snowy tassel in close to her bodice. She did not make a move to eat from the very fresh kill, instead she waited to see who would speak up first and what would they say?

[ooc: bleh bleh bleh =/ Boyfriend is angry with me so writing not going well Sad]

Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 11:46 am

Vault paid little attention to Mort’s outcall, as the moose seemed to cripple lower more and more. Of all places, why behind a tree? This thing was suffering mess waiting to collapse. We did much better damage on it than ever expected, and you want me to stand behind a tree in hopes that it won’t try and go on a rampage? You have to secure a victory. Before he knew it, the mass let out one last moan as it toppled to the side, Vault jumping off it just in time. He quickly looked over his blood-stained body; amazingly, none of it was his own, and everyone seemed to be intact. Evon, on the other hand, did not look very pleased as she approached the hunting group. If anything, she was angered more that none of them were injured, as she let out spiteful lyrics. She was disgusted at what stupidity they had attempted. She seemed much more angered at ring-leader Mort, until she began directing questions and Vault and Solara. In his mind, Vault had the answers to her claims. Well, Mort was the one that ran out into open field and taunted a moose before anyone could object. If anything we decided for him, otherwise, he would likely be dead. However, Vault kept his mouth shut. There was no point in talking back; they could not deny what they had done. Vault just looked the entire time straight into Evon’s icy glare. No one seemed to be too afraid of her, but no one certainly wanted to get on her bad side, especially before any turmoil had even occurred. When she finished her short-winded tirade, everyone seemed to be holding their tongues, all anxious to retaliate. Vault finally broke the silence, trying not to revolt and bring in more conflict. “Won’t happen again,” he said casually, yet it was obvious he meant his words greatly. This would not happen again. Expecting backlash from the queen, he turned and grasped the moose by the neck, his maw still familiar with its feel and taste. He gradually began to drag the body away from the direction of the lake, assuming the others would help but not waiting for them.
Back to top Go down
mikalaisangel09

mikalaisangel09

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 5:30 pm

Solara listened as Vault pretty much rolled over like a dog. She felt like laughing, but did not. She as much as he did not want to disrespect Evanescence. Then again, did it really matter? She huffed out a sigh and followed after Vault, her snowy tassel flowing lazily behind her. She grasped a little higher on the other side of the creatures neck and tugged hard. Her muscles rippling under her lithe feminine form. She was not like any other, and she never intended on being like any other. The crimson poured into her mouth, making her hunger ever more present. She did not act on the pang inside of her, instead she focused intently on pulling the carcass along. As soon as they reached where they would bury it, she would feast well. She knew her brother was gone, but she did not know where he had gone. She had felt like asking Evon, but she knew that while they were being chastised it wouldn't have been the best time for her to ask anymore questions. "How far are we going?" She asked, her lyrics muffled. Her stomach growled again and she looked back to the group, waiting to see who would be the next to help with the task they had been given from Evon.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 11:47 am

"Defect moose... they got lucky..." she muttered as she watched Vault attack its neck. It was surprising to see the moose didn't flee and drag Vault's body along, even more so at the ease there was to tear at the neck. Lucky for the wolf.

Evanescence called her to follow, so follow Corentine did. When they approached them, she clearly wasn't happy, by her words. She just stood, silent, listening. Corentine had never seen a moose attacked like that. There were much better methods, had there been a few more wolves. She could think a few things they could have done differently where the chance of injury was much lower. Some of their alpha's questions were interesting... Yes... why had the two helped when Mort settled for moose. They could have left him to die- he'd have been responsible for his own death and the other two probably wouldn't be held responsible to find another wolf. Mort had yet to respond to Evanescence, and she wondered how he would. Currently, he looked different than he had before she had left their party. Was it a multiple personality issue, or something else...
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:56 pm

Mort was startled by Evon's dissapointment, Mortifactus was laughing about it. Hard. He heard Evon turn on her heels, and still chuckled, before going his own way. He wasn't impressed by her behaviour. Not even a little. He had almost seen it coming from her. And he had been right, at least know he knew what the real deal was. He aproached the giant form that has crushed down on the ground, and gazed into it's eyes. "I thought moose's were hard to kill, this almost was easy." Or atleast, he found it easy. Evon's words still echoed trough him.

Shouldn't we apologize? Apologize, for what? She could just said halt before we started, but no, she just likes it to speak so harsh against us. Do you think? Otherwise I wouldn't say that dumbass! Then what should we do? Eat, rest, and when WE think the time's right, we will go to her for her "personal talk".

He bent down, and aided Vault dragging the corpse away. He wasn't really planning to respond to Evon, he wasn't even caring to look at her. If he had offended her in any way, she would make him clear, he guessed. It was not that he was outright rebelling against her, but he had just never liked being bossed around. Mortifactus was sure to be a trouble factor in her leadership over the pack, and, he liked that. It would keep things sharp and thus intresting. Mortifactus, and thus also Mort, remained silent.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:24 pm

Her lips pursed, her eyes cold, and her anger cooling like that of fire in a frost, Evanescence considered their responses. Her eyes waited on Mort, mainly, for he had been the leader of them all. Aud twitched behind her at Corentine - A defect? Possibly. The moose was large and his rack was mighty, but there had been something lacking about him. Perhaps he had not been 'all there' in his head, like his killer. She caught Mort's undertone as he tried to slink off. "Almost," she echoed, a noticeable change in her voice. Just as Mort could switch personalities, so could she, her mind working faster than any action she could display. Already, she was coming up with what she would tell the wolf when it came for them to speak. "Perhaps next time you'll think with your brain instead of your brawn."

Eyes shifted back to Vault and Solara, nodding. "Good. I will speak with you both individually when the time comes. For now, help Mort." The two wolves were already up to the task, dragging the moose away from the site and probably burying it somewhere. It was a waste, but at least they were returning it to the forest whence it came. Out of the corner of her eye, she watched Mort brood off. She sighed loudly, knowing that Corentine was still near. "Perhaps my sister Epica was right when she said I was too bossy, but I always thought the others needed direction," she said, not quite to Corentine or herself, just aloud. She looked over her shoulder at the muscular femora. "Now that we don't have to think about replacing one of them, we shall begin your testing. I'm not going to tell you your rank until the testing is completed, nor I am going to give you any specific instructions. This is a test of your skill, your instinct. Follow me."

The white witch turned westward, their path curving alongside the Lake, and giving birth to the rest of the dark forest. She sent up a brief howl, saying, "I am testing Corentine. Do not interfere. Attack any that do not know my name. Prepare for your own tests, if you can predict them." As she finished, she wondered if Corentine knew what was going to happen. The fae was a smart one, that was for sure, and could recognize a stable leader as herself. Evanescence wound her way through the forest, knowing every tree and every rock, though they all looked the same. Eventually, the forest began to wane into a grey flatland, a crevasse visible from where they were.

Evon stopped just at the edge of the gorge, looking down at the tiny river below. Sharp cliffs and jagged rocks jutted out, providing ledges to walk on, but also threatening certain death if they fell. She turned to Corentine. "Ready to begin?" she asked, a smile to her lips. This would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
mikalaisangel09

mikalaisangel09

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 3:49 am

No one spoke to her, and Solara was not one to ignore, she spoke again, her lyrics louder and colder this time "Where are we going with this?" She almost added a growl on the end of the statement to get someones attention. Stupid idiots. She let go of the carcass and sat on her snowy rump and waited for someone to tell her where they were going and if no one spoke to her soon about where they were going she was just simply going to dig in right in front of them. She didn't care. No one had ever ignored her, her father thought that was disrespect and it certainly was. Especially when there is a kill involved... She remained seated and watched the other two, her crimson optics cold and calculating.

Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:00 pm

Before Vault could manage to muffle an answer through the thick moose pelt coating his maw, Solara began to get aggravated, her lyrics becoming cold and her statement giving the taste of a growl. The femme even neglected to go on, letting go of the moose and letting it collapse to one side. Vault stopped, as she glared back at him and Mort, waiting to be answered. Vault wouldn’t admit it, yet he was preoccupied with…more important things on his mind, to say the least. He spat out the kill, standing in front of its now fallen corpse. “Here is fine. No need to beg for attention. I thought you were a wolf, not a dog. I just didn’t want Evon to get more reasons for bi.tching at us.” He paused for a quick second. “Somebody had to say something back there. I’m loyal, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to be nice to some of you fu.ckers.” Falling silent, he backed from in front of the bull moose to the other side, proceeding to tear at the core and thigh of the body, giving the invitation for a free-for-all. He fluidly pulled off bits of thick meat, trying to get some of the better pieces before the other two devoured them all. Despite having eaten a great amount previous to the hunt, the adrenaline had eaten away at most of his energy. He didn’t plan to consume much, but enough to satisfy and give him a sample of their kill achievement before it had to be disposed of.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:20 am

Corentine watched them off, and heard Evanescence's thoughts, but didn't respond. It wasn't meant for her to answer, and she wouldn't have known how to respond to that, anyways, unless she'd been around for a long enough time, which she hadn't. Now her attention was on the words directed at her. The alphess wouldn't say her rank until after. Did that mean she already had an idea in mind?

She observed her surroundings as she followed the white form in front, leading them to where less and less trees grew until there weren't any. One of the first things she noticed was the split. As they neared, she heard the sounds of running water. Stopping near the edge, she noticed there were potential paths to get down, and probably coming coming back up on the other side. "Yes, I'm ready," she replied, continuing to look down for a few seconds more. The rocks that provide footholds seemed sturdy enough, for the most part.

Evanescence said there were no specific instruction, but that didn't mean she would want to say, or do, something. It was rare that even a warrior would be left with no instruction, but anything was possible. Even if there wouldn't be any instruction, it was best to make a good observation first of the terrain, even though she already knew every step, should she be climbing down, would be dangerous in some way or another. Hasty decisions came when there was no time to think, but as far as it appeared at the moment, she'd have time to make quick, but not hasty, decisions.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 3:42 pm

Evanescence watched the fae look over the crevasse - a long way down. She was probably already planning a way down in her head. The white witch nodded. "Good. For I am feeling quite thirsty, and rumor has it that the water below us is sweeter than boar blood. Except, I have gone blind, and cannot see a thing," she said, closing her eyes, auds pricking forward to pick up all the sound. It was more or less a hypothetical situation. Yes, it was risky, but she had to know Corentine's limits. "Now please," she said, gesturing with her paw towards the chasm. "Lead me the way down. I wish to test the others soon."
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 4:09 pm

Mortifactus heard Solara yelp something quite angered at the rest, like a unhappy whelp. Then Vault started to lash out themselves. They both probably were frustrated because being barked off by someone else, and not being able to do anything about it. That's how pack life is boys and girls. He let loose of the moose, not really wanting to pull it farther. Mortifactus didn't saw any problems at being barked off like that, he got used to it. And people who thought you were loyal or submissive towards them, tended to drop their gaurd down. He saw Vault starting to tear at the corpse, and decided to do the same, but holded back from completly fill himself. He was planning to pay Evon a visit, and for some reason, he didn't wanted to do that with a filled belly. he gnawed at the neck, churning the lready turning cold flesh.

Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 6:52 pm

Corentine listened to the situation, knowing to behave as if Evanescence couldn't see. She wouldn't doubt that the white pelted alphess knew about where each step was, but this was a test after all. Of course, the footholds were just large enough for one wolf at a time, so Corentine would have to go first and backward to give Evanescence accurate instruction and to ensure she didn't fall. In her mind, this was a test of instruction, judging distance, and to foresee danger.

Once she believed to have found the safest way down, she stepped backwards onto the footholds, looking down to ensure her hind legs would touch down upon solid ground. Now that she was going first, she'd know how far it was to the next ledge. Almost as if she was trained to recited this, she said, "Five paw widths to the left of your left paw is a hold almost a foot downward." She would wait until Evanescence had her paw safely over the solid ground of the ledge before redirecting her so that she would be parallel to the wall of the crevasse and facing the correct direction for the next ledge, "Adjust the direction you're facing by twenty degrees to the left. Walk forward two normal steps, then step three paw lengths forward, dropping about half a foot." Corentine would be moving as she gave out the next instruction so she could watch Evanescence, a paw ready to throw itself forward on the chance the alphess decided to misstep. This would prevent a potential fall from occurring in the first place and both would be moving at a constant pace. She would have to change her wording if the distance between two ledges required a long jump. A short leap would be just as easy to guide as a normal step.

She kept her guard up through this. Evanescence could throw a twist at her at any time to keep her thinking on her feet, and she was determined not to fail this task.

Back to top Go down
mikalaisangel09

mikalaisangel09

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 2:48 am

Her auds twitched as the sound of Vaults lyrics hit them, so he thought he was being nice? Solara knew there was no reason for anyone to be nice to one another. She looked up and watched as Evon and Correntine disappeared. So the testing was beginning. "Whatever" Is all the snowy femme said. She moved in on the kill, her crimson orbs zeroed in on the belly area. She brought her muzzle slowly down to the kill, her eyes looking up to watch the others. She dug in, her ivory canines slicing through the meat with ease. The blood poured into her mouth again and she smiled. Closing her optics she took full advantage of the moment. She pulled a decently large chunk away from the kill and moved away. She laid down onto her belly with one swift movement, the meat inbetween her pillars. She ate in peace, and for the first time her mind was at ease and not running. She was wondering when her brother would be returning, and who would he be returning with? As she finished, her stomach full, she rose up onto all fours and padded away from the kill. Her ghostly form moving with ease through the mist that surrounded Lacrimosa. She found the lake where she and Niko had met Evon and dipped her tiara down. Her primrose tongue lapped up the icy water with ease. It also began to wash away the blood from her maw. She rose her maw, and dipped her pillars in a little, the crimson mixed with the lake water with ease. As she finished drinking and cleaning herself she turned, deciding she would just head back to where her den was. She wished Niko was here...

Ooc|| She is such a spoiled brat I swear lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

.:. Lacrimosa Lake
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next