Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

To the lost, sanctuary... (MB)

Go down 
+8
_Sensable_
Kelsibee
__silvers__
EDITOR
Moohn
Shadowed
Silent
Starrlight
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Shadowed

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2009-01-10

To the lost, sanctuary... (MB) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the lost, sanctuary... (MB)   To the lost, sanctuary... (MB) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:08 am

Tellika flicked her tail as the leader of Hamara spoke at last. She didn't seem to have much a decisive personality, nor did she seem very strong, but at least she was kind and unthreatening. It made Tellika feel more at ease, since she was used to challenging other femme's for their haughtiness; that wouldn't be a problem at least, although she had to admit that she sometimes enjoyed a good arguement, or even a tussle. Rains had always been good for that. She nodded her head as Kaia introduced herself and her reason for taking over Serien's position. She was not surprised, as Serien's scent had nearly vanished from the lands, and she was not sorrowful either; she did not try to sympathize for Kaia, either. She simply got straight down to business.

"Thank you for allowing me to stay," she said calmly, "As for my rank... I never held much of a position, but I suppose I would make a good spy or an assassin... I'm good at tempting others, so they wouldn't know what was coming to them. I would make a terrible hunter, and a useless healer, so let's not consider either of those..." She was not really sure what sort of position suited her best; she'd never been given a rank, and had spent most of her time flirting with others and raising her cubs. That was behind her now, though, and she supposed she might as well take a position at last.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bravequestk9.com
Starrlight

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: To the lost, sanctuary... (MB)   To the lost, sanctuary... (MB) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:24 pm

To the lost, sanctuary... (MB) - Page 10 Kaiasmall

Only two? The pack had dwindled down. Never had these lands seen a particularly powerful assemblage of wolves, at least not as far as she had heard. Perhaps it was a curse of the lands. Perhaps it was a fluke. There was really no way to know. With a small sigh she looked at them in turn. She was glad to see Dyrim, for she recognized the fem. Tellika, however, was unknown to her.

"Yes, Dyrim, I am planning on taking the role, though how well I fulfill it is up to fate. She can be a fickle master at best, so we shall see, shant we?" She smiled, then turned to Tellika. "Any and all are welcome, whether returning or new to the area. We really aren't in any position to turn anyone away. Greetings, Tellika, I am Kaia. I have taken over the role of leadership as a result of Serien's death.." She looked at the fem sadly.

So... what now? She looked at the two of them, then sideways. Why was it that whenever she had a decision to make, her mind automatically seemed to turn to him? Dwelling in the past was the last thing that she should be doing, and 'maybes' and 'what ifs' would get her nowhere now.

"I have to say, I am new at this, but I think that the first thing that should be done is ranking? Or did you already hold rank with Serien?" Kaia looked at them, her twitching tail the only thing that betrayed her unease. She was unused to authority, and therefore did not speak as an alphaess yet. She felt as though she lacked the decisive air that most leaders seemed to wear naturally. Maybe that was something that came with time.
Back to top Go down
http://serien.deviantart.com
Shadowed

Shadowed

Number of posts : 724
Pawprints : 1290
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: To the lost, sanctuary... (MB)   To the lost, sanctuary... (MB) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 4:01 am

Tellika had been gone for quite some time, having left these lands when her mate had disappeared for the final time she was willing to forgive. She had loved Lintu, but he'd been gone far too often for her liking. Now she was back, and she had long since forgotten him in her heart. She had moved on, finding new love and a new life; she had given birth to new life once more, and they had grown. But her life in other lands had been torn apart; again, her mate, by the name of Morgen this time, had disappeared. She had been unsure whether he was returning or not, and she had missed him so. She'd even gone looking for him in the lone lands, but had stumbled upon someone else. In her lonely, confused fervor she had allowed this new man to comfort her; she had fallen so easily into Strider's 'arms' and gave herself freely to him, believing that Morgen was not to return. It was only shortly after she discovered her pregnancy that he came back, only to find the scent of Tellika's new fling strong upon her pelt, the scent of conception obvious. Then he'd left, infuriated, and there was nothing she could do but hide away and give life to the ones inside of her.

Tellika had given great, loving care to her new pups, weaning them at the age of six weeks and going out to seek their father. She'd found him, and the children met with glee the one who'd created them. Strider's friend, however, had some grave news about her past love, and she couldn't help but to go with him to see Morgen one last time. But he was never to be found, and with her heart broken she left the children in their father's care, setting out on her own to leave the once promising lands.

And here she was, back in these woods once known as the Redwood Overlook. Now it was Hamara Sydan, under the reign of another femme that Tellika did not care for. But as she entered the lands, she noticed that Serien's scent no longer claimed the borders; it was someone else. Yet another woman. She scowled with disgust, wishing that for once a man would step up and take the lead. Or at least someone stronger; Rains had been tolerable only because of the strength with which she ruled, the iron fist she imposed upon her followers. Tellika cared little for soft-hearted feminists, but she would put up with them if there was no other choice. Besides, this place was the only place she could think of to return to. She almost wished that she would see a familiar face, while on another mood she hoped that she could start anew again with faces she would never fall for. Wolves that would never mean anything to her, wolves she could toy with and taunt and get pleasure from but never grow attached to.

Such silly feelings only led to pain and suffering, and she tired of the heartache. She just wished for fun and smiles and laughter, nothing serious. Pushing it all aside for now, she made her way to the place where she knew the pack gathered. Golden orbs locked upon two femmes, and she grimaced momentarily before putting on a smile, a sweet and gentle look that made her so appealing. She approached them, waving her tail in greeting. "Hello there," she said, her voice dripping with honey, "My name is Tellika. I was once a resident here, long ago when Rains Shadow led, and for a short time at the beginning of Serien's reign. Now I've returned and I hope to call this place home." She then waited, her slim frame held in a respectful posture awaiting judgement.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bravequestk9.com
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: To the lost, sanctuary... (MB)   To the lost, sanctuary... (MB) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:53 am

Dyrim was sitting basking in the warm sun, her eyes closed enjoying the cool breeze. She had enjoyed being in a pack setting once more but it seemed that she had chosen the wrong time to come. The alphess that had accepted her passed so quickly it was a bit disturbing. Opening her emerald hues and tipping her crown to the side she heard padfalls coming her way. Soon enough she recognized the femmora Kaia. No, she had not gotten a chance to intergrate herself into the pack all to much but she did know the names of the wolves that resided here.

Smiling to the fae she tipped her dial instinctively. Then she realized she had done this because of the aura that was wrapped her. The way she carried herself, the confidence and the finality of her stance. Looking more carefully a smile grew on her muzzle. "Greetings Kaia. I would assume that you will be taking upon yourself the alphaship?" Her lyrics were soft and musical, for which she was named.
Back to top Go down
Starrlight

Starrlight

Number of posts : 220
Pawprints : 321
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: To the lost, sanctuary... (MB)   To the lost, sanctuary... (MB) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:11 am

To the lost, sanctuary... (MB) - Page 10 Kaiasmall

Slowly a lone wolf made it's way through the tall pine trees of the expanse of forest, it's pawsteps leading it to a small stream in the heart of the sheltering conifers. Upon reaching it the wolf paused, as though deep in thought, then lay with it's head upon large paws. Kaia had the past few months weighing deeply on her mind, and she needed to clear some things up through a session of thought. She had thought to achieve this alone, out in the lone lands, but he had come. Sephiroth. Why did that name do this to her? She closed her beautiful golden eyes and sighed. She had promised herself long ago that she would save her heart, that she would never let herself be hurt as so many others did. Ha, how wrong she was.

Who was he really, though? Murderer, or savior? When she had met him, she had thought the former. Yet still she had followed him, her misguided view that she could change his mind foremost. She had told herself that she was lost, she needed to find the packs, but that wasn't true. Throughout her whole life, she had never helped another wolf. Her presence had never even made a ripple in the charging river that was time. She had thought that maybe she could redeem herself by doing the right thing for once. She was wrong. Now, however, with all she had seen, she was starting to see his point.

What would life be like, all the neighboring packs united as one under a single alpha? Sure, his way of achieving this she still thought of as wrong, but the main principle she was starting to like. In her time on these lands, Fire and Ice, she had seen so much bloodshed, so much pain. The packs had no peace, as much as they tried. Pups were stolen, the alphaess of these very lands killed right in front of her eyes, wolves on all sides falling to the jaws of their enemy packs. All races fought amongst themselves for dominance. The deer in the spring made the forests echo with their calls and the thunder of clashing antlers. Even the birds in the trees squabbled, attacking one another for territory, mates, protection of their way of life. But to kill? Was it really necessary? It wouldn't be, if only one ruled. Sure, there would be disagreeing views. Would the end justify the means?

She couldn't bring herself to say yes. Nothing justified a genocide. Wolves had tried many times to explain their actions through doing what was 'good for others'. but it was all lies. There was always an alternative. Maybe she had just been lost that day. She knew that, try as she might to find her way, she was still hopelessly lost. Why can't there be a clear path, one to lead the way? she thought dispairingly. No, that would be too easy, wouldn't it? Until now her views had always been objective, never really taking a side. Now, though, she knew she had to start forming true alliances and opinions. Her new rank as alphaess of these lands would not let her do any differently. She had to find a solution that would be best for her pack, her newfound charges and family.

For a moment, she wondered how many others out there were just as lost as she was when it came to things larger than she. There must be many, and the thought that she was not alone in her confusion was heartening. Instantly she smiled, inspiration lighting up in her eyes. Every pack needed a credo, a main basis for what they believed. Hers would be sanctuary. She would extend her protection to those still trying to find their way in this world. It was similar to Serien's view of acceptance no matter what one's past mistakes were, but she had no way of knowing this. All she knew was that now she truly felt at home in these lands, for the first time in a long time. Standing, she knew that she had to get back to her pack. At an easy pace she loped back towards the place where she knew her packmates were accustomed to gathering, eyes shining now that she had some form of a purpose. Today would start a new life for her, one in which she was no longer the frightened, misguided fem she was before. Her path was now set, and she had to follow.

Last edited by Starrlight on Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://serien.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To the lost, sanctuary... (MB)   To the lost, sanctuary... (MB) - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To the lost, sanctuary... (MB)
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10